Options

LA1 fan "ejected"

SmeckleSmeckle Posts: 33
edited November 2013 in The Porch
If you were at the show then you know what I'm referring to. After only one to two songs Ed ordered a fan in the front of the pit to leave and go to another section for "not being friendly" (or likewise) to those around her. I think he said it was a woman. What was that all about? What was she doing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoveStove Posts: 316
    Apparently she was being a "douchebag" :fp:
  • Options
    Showing her tits?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Ed would love that i think :lol:
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Being yelled at by ev would be terrifying. Like being punched by your grandma. You'd just be like... Awwww shit. I have fucked up.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I have that on video, then they played Lightning Bolt.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Let's see it please? :corn:
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    That was insane. I have never seen EV go off like that, or any other frontman do that (except Axl), for that matter. The other band members and the crew were just as astounded when it was going down. Everyone around where I was sitting were watching that shit go down with jaws dropped. I have video of maybe the last 20 secs of him lambasting whoever it was. I was in too much disbelief to turn my camera on earlier. I'm sure the fuller clips will be hitting YouTube shortly, if not already. Ed was completely raging mad at that individual.

I went to the bathroom a couple songs after that and asked some guys in there what the deal was. One guy told me it was because a girl tried climbing over the rail barrier twice, and EV had enough of that.

But I went to the bathroom as EV was explaining why he went off, and when I got back my GF told me Ed said it was because there was a little girl sitting on her dad's shoulders, and (of course) there was some jackass being rough with / around her because he couldn't see over her as she was (maybe, but probably not) partially blocking his view while on her dad's shoulders.

Then another weird thing: How about that dude that ran on stage towards (I can't remember the song!) the end of the show??? Dude was about to get blasted and taken down by security on stage, but Ed told them to hold off and then actually slow danced with guy! Only after Ed patted him down first, and took away what I thought was the dude's cell phone! It was a nice moment, though, when Ed told the security guys to chill, and Ed eventually talked with the guy for about a minute on stage while the band was playing and then slow danced with him. I'll tell you what though: Ed had the look of straight up fear on his face for about two minutes as that was going down and that guy got up on stage right next to him.

Can't wait to hear Ed blasting whoever it was in the pit on the official boot. Let's hope they don't edit that out.

I'd also love to hear / see other fans point of views or accounts of what actually happened.
  • Options
    You could tell Ed was pissed right before he told off that girl. He was just pounding the notes with anger during Corduroy.

The guy that ran on stage during Black.
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Not my video, but here's a sample of Ed playing pissed and telling whoever it was to go the hell somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6PJBl-jON0
  • Options
    I believe this is the video you are after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rt4jXuErEc
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196

Ouch!
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    Emm wrote:

Ouch!

If that story of that little girl on her daddy's shoulders is true. I totally agree with Eddie. Behave or piss off!
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Maybe shit was pissed and causing trouble bacause no one gave a shit about the number on her hand.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    maybe she was throwing quarters at him like in Mansfield 98.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    Maybe she was flipping posters in the pit...

I love me some angry Ed tho :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    This is why we can't have nice things. :lol:

Well, assuming the tix weren't flipped, it's a fan club member. Think the person is brave enough to post their side? I'd love to hear the justification for behaving poorly enough that Eddie stops the show. :corn:
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    on2legs wrote:
    Maybe she was flipping posters in the pit...

I love me some angry Ed tho :lol:
    :lol:
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It's probably due to the large number of people on here who seem to think that they absolutely HAVE to have GA at a PJ show and go with the "GA or nothing" mentality.

Never seizes to amaze me the lengths that people try and go to just to be an inch closer to Ed so he can blow his snot on them.

"OMG LAST NIGHT WAS EPIC!! ED BLEW A STRAND OF SNOT ON ME LAST NIGHT, I CAN NOW DIE HAPPY!! EPIC!!"
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Oh my Jeeeeeeebus. That was scary to watch. Angry Eddie is scary!! Remind me to never piss him off! I felt like I was gettin yelled at just watching the shit. I might've peed myself if I was there :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

That wasn't that bad at all. He barely raised his voice. He was way more pissed at Mansfield 98 when quarters were being thrown at the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mq6VKY1dSU
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    Safety is number 1 priority..anyone plays with that must be kicked out..we lost 9 friends already.. we dont want anything like this again..good job Eddie
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    Maybe shit was pissed and causing trouble bacause no one gave a shit about the number on her hand.

Classic !! #losers
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    YLed2 wrote:
    It's probably due to the large number of people on here who seem to think that they absolutely HAVE to have GA at a PJ show and go with the "GA or nothing" mentality.

Never seizes to amaze me the lengths that people try and go to just to be an inch closer to Ed so he can blow his snot on them.

"OMG LAST NIGHT WAS EPIC!! ED BLEW A STRAND OF SNOT ON ME LAST NIGHT, I CAN NOW DIE HAPPY!! EPIC!!"
    If he blew his snot on you while singing Hard To Imagine, you'd feel the same way.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    toridaniothtoridanioth West Seattle Posts: 132
    It had nothing to do with the the little girl- there were probably 20 people or so between ejected woman and little girl. I was right there and I still have no idea what ejected did to get thrown out. It was weird.
    Lolla Alpine Valley 8/29/92 ,Key Arena 11/5/00 , Key Arena 11/6/00, NOLAJazzfest 5/1/10, Wrigley 7/19(20)/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Bridge School 2014, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16, Seattle 2018 both nights! Chicago 9/5/23 and 9/7/23
    EV Long Beach 7/6/11 , LA Wiltern (miracled in) 7/8/11, EV Benaroya Hall 10/24/23
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    ckravitz wrote:

Well, assuming the tix weren't flipped, it's a fan club member. Think the person is brave enough to post their side? I'd love to hear the justification for behaving poorly enough that Eddie stops the show. :corn:
    Agreed, would like to hear this persons side. JUST to play devils advocate, what if someone did something to them first (kinda like its the second guy that retaliates in the NFL gets the 15 yard penalty)? I think if im reading this right, there was a father with his child on his shoulders, which no one should mess with, but again to play devils advocate, what if at every pearl jam show, 20 fathers with 5 year olds make their way to the front of the pit with the whole "hey its a kid, let us through" routine? Like that just becomes a thing, even though people wait 12 hours to be in the front, the dads just get cart blanche to the front if they have a child on their shoulders. People at a minimum would be irked and some might get livid.

Any rail people have full play by play?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

That wasn't that bad at all. He barely raised his voice. He was way more pissed at Mansfield 98 when quarters were being thrown at the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mq6VKY1dSU

Geezuz there are some idiots out there aren't there?

Who goes to a concert and throws quarters at the band? What is the goal of such behaviour? I have no idea who that person was... I'm not in the band... wasn't at the show... but want to kick the guy's ass just for being such a fukin idiot.

A complete, 100% bona fide, pure idiot.

Now that I think about it... at the Tragically Hip show I was at about a year ago... some dude was pushing his way through reserved seating on the floor. He pushed past a guy he shouldn't have pushed past. The guy fed him about 8-10 shots to the head region. A little marked up, the guy managed to still push past and get near the front just ahead of us. He managed to rock for about the length of one song and was promptly elbowed in the face by the guy he stood behind.

Fukin idiot couldn't win. "Have a good time at the show?" "Yeah. It was awesome. Only got punched out two times!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    nycrats wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:

Agreed, would like to hear this persons side. JUST to play devils advocate, what if someone did something to them first (kinda like its the second guy that retaliates in the NFL gets the 15 yard penalty)? I think if im reading this right, there was a father with his child on his shoulders, which no one should mess with, but again to play devils advocate, what if at every pearl jam show, 20 fathers with 5 year olds make their way to the front of the pit with the whole "hey its a kid, let us through" routine? Like that just becomes a thing, even though people wait 12 hours to be in the front, the dads just get cart blanche to the front if they have a child on their shoulders. People at a minimum would be irked and some might get livid.

This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

Between kids in the pit, people lining up all day, the list. etc, makes some of the Pearl Jam fans look like incredibly self absorbed, narcissistic people.

Before this tour they made 1 and 2 row a lottery to give other people a chance up front and get the same people out of the front every time. Well, it seems the same problem exists, but replaced with people who follow the band around from show to show and list people. Do what Springsteen does and make it random, this would allow people with jobs and normal people who don't want to wait in line all day to get a shot at the front.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    jrnyc wrote:
    nycrats wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:

This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

Between kids in the pit, people lining up all day, the list. etc, makes some of the Pearl Jam fans look like incredibly self absorbed, narcissistic people.

Before this tour they made 1 and 2 row a lottery to give other people a chance up front and get the same people out of the front every time. Well, it seems the same problem exists, but replaced with people who follow the band around from show to show and list people. Do what Springsteen does and make it random, this would allow people with jobs and normal people who don't want to wait in line all day to get a shot at the front.

Main reason why I stick to reserved seats, although the tallest man in the venue always seems to wind up standing right in front of 5'4" me....It doesn't ruin the shows for me though, I still manage to rock out and have a good time.

People seem to be too drunk/stoned to notice that they're doing messed up things....but to be called out the way that person did by Ed...wow..that was a bit scary lol

I wish people would calm down and enjoy the shows. We have as much fun in the 5th row behind the pit as the people on the rail do...It's getting kind of ridiculous :roll:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    jrnyc wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I'd cry if Eddie ever talked to me like that!!! Yikes