Options

LA1 fan "ejected"

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    jrnyc wrote:
    This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

Between kids in the pit, people lining up all day, the list. etc, makes some of the Pearl Jam fans look like incredibly self absorbed, narcissistic people.

Before this tour they made 1 and 2 row a lottery to give other people a chance up front and get the same people out of the front every time. Well, it seems the same problem exists, but replaced with people who follow the band around from show to show and list people. Do what Springsteen does and make it random, this would allow people with jobs and normal people who don't want to wait in line all day to get a shot at the front.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Double this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ...........Yeah the pops with kid up front is getting old quick ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jrnyc wrote:
    This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

Between kids in the pit, people lining up all day, the list. etc, makes some of the Pearl Jam fans look like incredibly self absorbed, narcissistic people.

I couldn't argue with you on this one.

I have brought my kid to several shows, but have been careful not to place him in situations that compromise anyone else's experience or have anyone resenting him. In short... we have been very respectful so that we can enjoy the concert without any troubles- that is my goal as a parent bringing a kid to a rock concert.

It is the parent's job to watch out for their child- not everybody else's.

I think some people think they are the only parents at the show and that everyone is admiring their children more than the band.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    jrnyc wrote:
    nycrats wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    This is why we can't have nice things. :lol:

Well, assuming the tix weren't flipped, it's a fan club member. Think the person is brave enough to post their side? I'd love to hear the justification for behaving poorly enough that Eddie stops the show. :corn:
    Agreed, would like to hear this persons side. JUST to play devils advocate, what if someone did something to them first (kinda like its the second guy that retaliates in the NFL gets the 15 yard penalty)? I think if im reading this right, there was a father with his child on his shoulders, which no one should mess with, but again to play devils advocate, what if at every pearl jam show, 20 fathers with 5 year olds make their way to the front of the pit with the whole "hey its a kid, let us through" routine? Like that just becomes a thing, even though people wait 12 hours to be in the front, the dads just get cart blanche to the front if they have a child on their shoulders. People at a minimum would be irked and some might get livid.

Any rail people have full play by play?

Before this tour they made 1 and 2 row a lottery to give other people a chance up front and get the same people out of the front every time. Well, it seems the same problem exists, but replaced with people who follow the band around from show to show and list people. Do what Springsteen does and make it random, this would allow people with jobs and normal people who don't want to wait in line all day to get a shot at the front.

you forgot entitled.

I wasn't there but I do hope we get some reports from someone who saw what happened. Purely speculation, but since Ed says "you had a chance to to make friends with these people here and you fucked that up" I'm thinking this is someone who was very blatantly trying to push her way through the crowd to the front and got stuck behind some people who wouldn't let her through, but in a much more animated way than is typical. Or maybe she was drunk dancing and hitting/falling on people.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,346
    Just be cool in the pit, apologize for bumping into people and do not intentionally cause trouble.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    why are we bringing little kids to the pit and letting them sit on our shoulders? Cmon, its only a tamborine and maybe a pick or 2.

Hopefully this is a nail in the coffin for US GA. As a society we are too self centered and absorbed to handle the GA "responsibility". Especially in a shit hole like LA.
  • Options
    BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    Springsteen's GA lottery system is plain awesome. I only do Bruce GA and have seen him numerous times with absolutely no complaints.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,024
    BMF2004 wrote:
    Springsteen's GA lottery system is plain awesome. I only do Bruce GA and have seen him numerous times with absolutely no complaints.

What is the system he uses?

I agree with the poster above about kids....who in their right mind takes a kid into GA and puts them on his shoulders? That's just going total moron.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Damn. Any firsthand witnesses awake yet that can give deets???
  • Options
    Ed didn't mind the little girl. He called her out too and was talking to her. If I'm not mistaken it seemed closer to the end of the show as if he was trying to get her on-stage with him. He went to the edge and kept beckoning toward him and the projection screens flashed an image of her.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Damn I can't wait to hear what that chick actually did! And I wholeheartedly agree that the GA pit is not where you bring a kid. Stop being selfish, grow up, and get the kid a seat I you're dumb enough to bring a young child to the show for god's sake.

As for the Mansfield thing from 98, I had never seen that before but it doesn't surprise me a bit. I went to school in providence and lived in Boston for years. Loved it but definitely have to say that the biggest A-holes I have ever met (and I've lived in 12 different states) live there. Many are my friends! :) sorry to piss anyone off but I think they know it's true anyways.

Ok that's all I have to say.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    why are we bringing little kids to the pit and letting them sit on our shoulders? Cmon, its only a tamborine and maybe a pick or 2.

Hopefully this is a nail in the coffin for US GA. As a society we are too self centered and absorbed to handle the GA "responsibility". Especially in a shit hole like LA.

This will not stop them having GA. The only thing that would is someone getting really hurt or dies.
    And your comment on LA being a Shit Hole, first we don't know where that Fan club member was from and to you sir this is the pot calling the kettle black.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Evensteven wrote:
    Maybe shit was pissed and causing trouble bacause no one gave a shit about the number on her hand.

:lol:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2013
    I question 5 and 6 year old kids in the GA area, but certain parents are going to think whatever they do is cool, no matter how a bad idea it is. Kids at a wedding? I say No to that, too.

In Charlottesville, an early benchmark for this tour, there were OLDER kids in GA, but they were on the rail, and not on their parent's shoulders. The difference there? They knew all the words to ALL the songs, and were actually FANS, not children who should have been home with a sitter, or up in an actual seat.

Ed actually stopped the C'ville show mid-song because there was a commotion in GA, a "speed bump" he referred to it at the time. He was much kinder to the offender in VA.

Call me cray, but I'm a huge fan of drunk or non drunk assholes getting what's due to them, and even if it had nothing to do with the GA kids, I'm sure Ed saw something he didn't like, and handled it.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Easy way around the kids issue. There should be an age limit.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

As for the Mansfield thing from 98, I had never seen that before but it doesn't surprise me a bit. I went to school in providence and lived in Boston for years. Loved it but definitely have to say that the biggest A-holes I have ever met (and I've lived in 12 different states) live there. Many are my friends! :) sorry to piss anyone off but I think they know it's true anyways.

Pretty much spot on. Most ppl in RI/Mass are self-centered.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Self Centered? As a reformed Masshole myself, I prefer "Self Absorbed".
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    On the video that Paul Andrews has a link to, people on that youtube video are saying its about a couple who pushed their way to the front. At the Charlottesville show after about 5 songs there was this like 4' 6" tall woman that I remember seeing at the back of the pit (which to be in the back of the pit, you had to arrive like 10 minutes before showtime) and she was trying to shove hard her way between my girl and me, and then shoving other people trying to take their spots up front. ...I hope she went to LA and that was her.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580

That's funny... Because we say that about people from the west coast.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    On the video that Paul Andrews has a link to, people on that youtube video are saying its about a couple who pushed their way to the front. At the Charlottesville show after about 5 songs there was this like 4' 6" tall woman that I remember seeing at the back of the pit (which to be in the back of the pit, you had to arrive like 10 minutes before showtime) and she was trying to shove hard her way between my girl and me, and then shoving other people trying to take their spots up front. ...I hope she went to LA and that was her.

Comment that is being mentioned:

"The girl and the guy she was with were trying to crash the rail. Eddie doesn't like it when die hard fans who have been queueing in line for 10 plus hours to earn their rightful spot up on and near the GA rail are in jeaopardy of being dispaced by a couple assholes."

Odds are she was probably pushing and throwing elbows to get up front.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Ed seemed to just be pissed off from the start. I don't know what happened, but he was on fire to start the show. He did the same thing a little in SD. Maybe it was the same person
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    mikerl wrote:

That's funny... Because we say that about people from the west coast.

Exactly.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Gludfssr wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

This will not stop them having GA. The only thing that would is someone getting really hurt or dies.
    And your comment on LA being a Shit Hole, first we don't know where that Fan club member was from and to you sir this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Its not that far of a reach to see the lack of GA in the US prior to this, and surmise that if they witness enough shitty behavior, they can/will offer "seating" again. Its true the US is different with the prevailing me-first stuff. I have been to GA shows elsewhere and it is a much more communal thing where much more respect is shown. Here, it is survival of whoever is pushy and/or sleazy. It isnt everyone, or even a majority... but a fairly small percentage can ruin the experiences of many.
    I have a friend who plots most of the show (and sporting events) how he is going to sleaze his way to the front. Then ends up close during towards the end and boasts about indefinitely.
  • Options
    Whoever wrote that there are too many self absorbed self centered assholes hit the nail on the head. Go to the show, be respectful, love thy neighbor, and rock out.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,652
    Ive lived on all 3 coasts. Northeast folks are the coldest and most miserable. Pacific and Gulf folks are both laidback and friendlier.

With that being said, PJ shows seem to bring out the worst in some people.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    I have seen Ed WAY angrier than this. How is this thread worthy? He actually held it together.

Recently he was more pissed at the crew at Brooklyn 1 during and after Sirens and during Eruption, and when he had wine/monitor issues in the Encore than he was with this girl. Check out vid of that.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Ive lived on all 3 coasts. Northeast folks are the coldest and most miserable. Pacific and Gulf folks are both laidback and friendlier.

All my NE shows never someone covered in blood before a show started - saw that last night.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    boyo79 wrote:
    Easy way around the kids issue. There should be an age limit.
    Age limit to GA section yes
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    cp3iverson wrote:

Fuck off :D
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited November 2013
    I don't see ga going away anytime soon.. I didn't like the idea of ga at the start...But, after going to show and watching the fans in ga....I think it bring great energy to the show......Plus, there is other reasons why ga will be here for a long time..
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:

Fuck off :D

Hey man it's cool, he's just voicing an opinion...we're all friends here.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg