Options

LA1 fan "ejected"

Comments

• Options
    you've got to "hold the line". Make friends with the people around you and close ranks when they start pushing through :D It's like a weird adult version of red-rover....with music!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Someone bulldozed their way between me and ziggy on the rail in Auckland. So we held hands in his face.

I do like the way strangers link together to thwart evil at shows.
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    YLed2 wrote:
    It's probably due to the large number of people on here who seem to think that they absolutely HAVE to have GA at a PJ show and go with the "GA or nothing" mentality.

Never seizes to amaze me the lengths that people try and go to just to be an inch closer to Ed so he can blow his snot on them.

"OMG LAST NIGHT WAS EPIC!! ED BLEW A STRAND OF SNOT ON ME LAST NIGHT, I CAN NOW DIE HAPPY!! EPIC!!"
    If he blew his snot on you while singing Hard To Imagine, you'd feel the same way.

Maybe a little bit of truth to that.

:lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    PJ shows bring out the worst in people.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    So, if you check out the Fanview page from the show, it appears the woman who got the boot just posted her experience.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225549&start=75

I was to the left of the stage on the risers and could not tell what was going on.

It definitely was one of the best LA shows I've been too, and it even came close to Thursday night in San Diego. Like others have said it was really heavy on "TEN" songs.

I loved hearing Garden (1st time), cried during Release and melted through Footsteps.

They played all the songs for "Momma Son" (mini-opera) but not in sequence and in the right order. I wonder if they'll ever do that again?

I was across the floor from Tim Robbins, it was great watching him every once in awhile during the show. He was always on his feet and rocking to the music.
    120XXX
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,324
    acharding wrote:
    It's like a weird adult version of red-rover....with music!

It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    A6847 wrote:So I am the young lady that was thrown out by Eddie Vedder. First off I apologize if I ruined any of your times at the show...that was not my intent. I was helping a twelve year old get to his mom who had gone up a bit earlier. I didnt elbow anyone intentionally...I was pushed from the front by some angry concert goers...also from previous comments as others have stated...I did not punch anyone...I did not kick anyone. I do feel that it is a bit pretentious to feel that in a general admission concert that you can be so upset at another body being in your general area. You paid to be in a general area...not a seat...not a number. Sorry to piss off the lead singer but apparently anger made his songs better afterwards according to many of you. So now you can blow up the board on how big a piece of crap I am but honestly...in the old days...you can remember how a concert was. People would move around and get to the front and there was no drama like there was yesterday. Regardless...thanks to the security guard for being so cool...thanks for the people I did meet and were cool...and thanks for the memories where I get to tell my grandkids I got kicked out of the concert by Eddie Vedder.
    :shock: :shock:

So by the sounds of things this person was trying to help a kid who shouldnt have been in GA get to their irresponsible parent who had left him somewhere else to go up front! Another reason why kids shouldnt be allowed in GA!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    mafioso420 wrote:
    So, if you check out the Fanview page from the show, it appears the woman who got the boot just posted her experience.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225549&start=75

I was to the left of the stage on the risers and could not tell what was going on.

It definitely was one of the best LA shows I've been too, and it even came close to Thursday night in San Diego. Like others have said it was really heavy on "TEN" songs.

I loved hearing Garden (1st time), cried during Release and melted through Footsteps.

They played all the songs for "Momma Son" (mini-opera) but not in sequence and in the right order. I wonder if they'll ever do that again?

I was across the floor from Tim Robbins, it was great watching him every once in awhile during the show. He was always on his feet and rocking to the music.

Of course a kid was involved with the ejection story.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,335
    A6847 wrote:So I am the young lady that was thrown out by Eddie Vedder. First off I apologize if I ruined any of your times at the show...that was not my intent. I was helping a twelve year old get to his mom who had gone up a bit earlier. I didnt elbow anyone intentionally...I was pushed from the front by some angry concert goers...also from previous comments as others have stated...I did not punch anyone...I did not kick anyone. I do feel that it is a bit pretentious to feel that in a general admission concert that you can be so upset at another body being in your general area. You paid to be in a general area...not a seat...not a number. Sorry to piss off the lead singer but apparently anger made his songs better afterwards according to many of you. So now you can blow up the board on how big a piece of crap I am but honestly...in the old days...you can remember how a concert was. People would move around and get to the front and there was no drama like there was yesterday. Regardless...thanks to the security guard for being so cool...thanks for the people I did meet and were cool...and thanks for the memories where I get to tell my grandkids I got kicked out of the concert by Eddie Vedder.

So by the sounds of things this person was trying to help a kid who shouldnt have been in GA get to their irresponsible parent who had left him somewhere else to go up front! Another reason why kids shouldnt be allowed in GA!

Pits are different now too. You kind of go with the "When in Rome" approach. If its a pit a la Springsteen or U2 you stake out a spot and rock out. It's not a mosh pit, so thery'res no pushing or shoving. If you started to push/shove it would be very out of place.

If your at a crazy festival or some event with a big floor section and moshing is going around everywhere.. then yah... of course.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.. lol
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    LOL, the venom towards "children" is sort of funny... actually, nah, it's a little sad. People actually complaining that children are "tambourine targets" sounds pretty childish too btw. I mean are grown ups really bitching about that? To use an oft and overused phrase from these very forums ... "first world problems".

Anyway, I personally wouldn't bring a child in to a GA section of a concert, but that's a CHOICE I make. But I am curious to hear what age you all deem appropriate? So Pearl Jam and 13 would be no. What about Selena Gomez? Or are we going to arbitrarily categorize artists? Who gets to be the judge and jury? How are we going to prove a 16 year old is 16? What about festivals? Seriously, some of you kind of need to get over yourselves.

Flame away.
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:
    LOL, the venom towards "children" is sort of funny... actually, nah, it's a little sad. People actually complaining that children are "tambourine targets" sounds pretty childish too btw. I mean are grown ups really bitching about that? To use an oft and overused phrase from these very forums ... "first world problems".

Anyway, I personally wouldn't bring a child in to a GA section of a concert, but that's a CHOICE I make. But I am curious to hear what age you all deem appropriate? So Pearl Jam and 13 would be no. What about Selena Gomez? Or are we going to arbitrarily categorize artists? Who gets to be the judge and jury? How are we going to prove a 16 year old is 16? What about festivals? Seriously, some of you kind of need to get over yourselves.

Flame away.

I love children, I just don't love them right next to me when I'm lighting a spliff at a Pearl Jam concert.
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:

Flame away.

I love children, I just don't love them right next to me when I'm lighting a spliff at a Pearl Jam concert.

Oh I totally get that part, trust me, and I am not trying to be the child evangelist here, but there is a faction that seem to almost be jealous that the young folks get the band's attention, which is well, kind of weird.
  • Options

Exactly.
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227

Maybe that's your conscience telling you it is wrong, and you should not do that. :twisted:
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    jrnyc wrote:

This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

I know that the ejected fan had nothing to do with any kid on someone's shoulder, but I think it's important:

What will it take for people realize that GA is not a safe environment for children??

Do the right thing and leave them home with a babysitter!!

That's quite a leap you just made from "Kids don't belong in GA" (which I mostly agree with) to ". they don't belong in the building at all, leave them home with a babysitter"! WTF?? I know a LOT of people here feel the same way you do, but that's simply NOT your call to make. Some of us have kids who like concerts, do well at them, and I have NEVER put my kids on my shoulders to see, because I don't bring them unless we either have seats or we're on a lawn on a blanket, probably mostly watching the screen. I have definitely allowed my kids to stand on the seats at times, but that just makes them as tall as most adults. They're not blocking anyone's view.

It's fine to object to the kids on teh shoulders... and of course everyone has the right to the opinion that no kids should be allowed at all. I just think that's a bulls**t point of view and have seen too many kids have too good a time (or at least seen enough kids not mind being there and parents who may otherwise not have been able to attend at all grateful that their kid is ok/excited about it, to have the nerve to DECREE that no one under ____ age can attend at all.

I really hope neither the band nor the venues listen to those of you calling for a blacnket "no kids allowed" policy.

And, just want to also point out that I've read many accounts on this tour of kids at teh BACK of GA, back up against the rails, not on their parents shoulders, who could see and were fine. The back of GA is not bad at all. I would NEVER bring my kid into the GA section, much less the front, but it seems like som ekids have bene fine and every show I've been to on this tour (5) the back of GA was totally chill. What is the problem with that as long as the kids' not on someone's shoulders?
  • Options

Why in the world is everyone believing this person's account of what happened???

Think about it, if it happened the way she tells it, no way would Ed have even noticed her trying to get a "kid" up there. Especially if this woman had been up there in the first place, people would have known and let her through.

This whole story reeks of bullshit. If she wasn't acting like a big enough a**hole to be noticed FROM THE STAGE by the LEAD SINGER who has better things to do than watch someone try to return a kid to the front, allegedly, she wouldn't have been noticed. She had to be acting all kinds of crazy to even be noticed at all, and then to be called out by Ed like that and kicked out of the GA, it had to have been obvoius and egregious.

Think about how many times Eddie Vedder has observed people being pushy at a show. Really. Think about it. 23 years as the leand singer of Pearl Jam... Dude has seen enough douchebags to last 7 lifetimes.

Now ask yourself, if it went down the way she said it, even including her version that people from behind shoved her, really? She was explaning to people along the way "Hey, just trying to get this kid to her/his mom" and they saw a kid with her (I don't believe for a second that any kid was involved at all but let's just take her word for a second) and STILL **EVERYONE** shoved her SO HARD, that from the stage it looked like she was blazing her own trail up to the front by throwing punches and forcing her way up front all alone? Really?

Y'all are some really gullible, erm, folks.
  • Options
    In OKC, a woman walked up from the back of the GA by simply telling people she wanted to ask Eddie if she could propose. We all let her pass without any pushing...

Something doesn't add up with this story
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:

Why in the world is everyone believing this person's account of what happened???

Think about it, if it happened the way she tells it, no way would Ed have even noticed her trying to get a "kid" up there. Especially if this woman had been up there in the first place, people would have known and let her through.

This whole story reeks of bullshit. If she wasn't acting like a big enough a**hole to be noticed FROM THE STAGE by the LEAD SINGER who has better things to do than watch someone try to return a kid to the front, allegedly, she wouldn't have been noticed. She had to be acting all kinds of crazy to even be noticed at all, and then to be called out by Ed like that and kicked out of the GA, it had to have been obvoius and egregious.

Think about how many times Eddie Vedder has observed people being pushy at a show. Really. Think about it. 23 years as the leand singer of Pearl Jam... Dude has seen enough douchebags to last 7 lifetimes.

Now ask yourself, if it went down the way she said it, even including her version that people from behind shoved her, really? She was explaning to people along the way "Hey, just trying to get this kid to her/his mom" and they saw a kid with her (I don't believe for a second that any kid was involved at all but let's just take her word for a second) and STILL **EVERYONE** shoved her SO HARD, that from the stage it looked like she was blazing her own trail up to the front by throwing punches and forcing her way up front all alone? Really?

Exactly, what is described in this "explanation" is not enough to get kicked out like that.
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:

No one believes that bullshit. It just nicely justifies a completely unrelated point that weirdly managed to get attached to this whole thing and allows for a furthering of that agenda.
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:
    A6847 wrote:
    wrote:So I am the young lady that was thrown out by Eddie Vedder. First off I apologize if I ruined any of your times at the show...that was not my intent. I was helping a twelve year old get to his mom who had gone up a bit earlier. I didnt elbow anyone intentionally...I was pushed from the front by some angry concert goers...also from previous comments as others have stated...I did not punch anyone...I did not kick anyone. I do feel that it is a bit pretentious to feel that in a general admission concert that you can be so upset at another body being in your general area. You paid to be in a general area...not a seat...not a number. Sorry to piss off the lead singer but apparently anger made his songs better afterwards according to many of you. So now you can blow up the board on how big a piece of crap I am but honestly...in the old days...you can remember how a concert was. People would move around and get to the front and there was no drama like there was yesterday. Regardless...thanks to the security guard for being so cool...thanks for the people I did meet and were cool...and thanks for the memories where I get to tell my grandkids I got kicked out of the concert by Eddie Vedder.

No one believes that bullshit. It just nicely justifies a completely unrelated point that weirdly managed to get attached to this whole thing and allows for a furthering of that agenda.

Thank you for explaining that. I thought people actually believed that the "phantom child that was described but never seen and never existed" was starting to be believed in. Ok everyone, carry on with your "No kids ever at any concert" agenda.

Just know that, no matter what you say, I won't being my kid in the pit (because I never believed in that) but I will still keep bringing my kids to shows. They enjoy it and you don't get to decide who benefits from the money I spend on tickets. But just for the record, I've never waved my kid in front of the band either.
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    I hope she never gets GA again. Causing deliberate harm to others is not acceptable.

She sounds like a classy broad.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    argh get some sleep already! :fp:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    JWPearl wrote:
    Ed would love that i think :lol:

I'm quite sure Ed does NOT love girls flashing their boobs at him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHTfKueFL4

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 584
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    dasvidana wrote:
    acharding wrote:
    It's like a weird adult version of red-rover....with music!

That is hilarious- :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    JWPearl wrote:

I was uncomfortable watching that. Eddie went from d-bag, to weird, to fucked up, in a matter of a few seconds. He even managed to throw in one of his typical "smart people vote" rants. For such a humble guy, he sure can act like a cunt when he wants to.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    E.K wrote:
    JWPearl wrote:

I was uncomfortable watching that. Eddie went from d-bag, to weird, to fucked up, in a matter of a few seconds. He even managed to throw in one of his typical "smart people vote" rants. For such a humble guy, he sure can act like a cunt when he wants to.

Well that was Ed 10 years ago and he's calmed down a lot since then. But yeah, that girl must have been dying inside ... he was very insulting.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    JH6056 wrote:

IF, and thats a massive "if"' if the woman was telling the truth, we all know how the line number people are. They probably wouldnt let someone in, so eventually the person would stop explaining themselves and just sort of muscle their way in, then eddie yells, all the line waiters who bonded all day start pointing to get her out..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Well that was Ed 10 years ago and he's calmed down a lot since then. But yeah, that girl must have been dying inside ... he was very insulting.

Good point. It's crazy to think that it was ten years ago... ugh.. that's a whole other topic.