Options

LA1 fan "ejected"

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    LloydXmas wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Ive lived on all 3 coasts. Northeast folks are the coldest and most miserable. Pacific and Gulf folks are both laidback and friendlier.

With that being said, PJ shows seem to bring out the worst in some people.
    Fuck off :D

i bet you make a mean chowder :D
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    I have seen Ed WAY angrier than this. How is this thread worthy? He actually held it together.

Recently he was more pissed at the crew at Brooklyn 1 during and after Sirens and during Eruption, and when he had wine/monitor issues in the Encore than he was with this girl. Check out vid of that.

Well I wasn't at Brooklyn...all I wanted to know was what she did to make him call her out during a song and then again between songs and to tell her to leave. Sorry this didn't meet your standard of "thread-worthiness." :roll:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    LloydXmas wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Ive lived on all 3 coasts. Northeast folks are the coldest and most miserable. Pacific and Gulf folks are both laidback and friendlier.

Hey man it's cool, he's just voicing an opinion...we're all friends here.
    Relax buddy. Didn't. You see my smiley. You guys don't handle sarcasm well
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

You missed the pun
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

You missed the pun
    I usually do. I was in the middle of a wicked cluster fuck line at stop and shop and my dunkin donuts was empty.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    cp3iverson wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:

i bet you make a mean chowder :D

chowda
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    CJMST3K wrote:
    On the video that Paul Andrews has a link to, people on that youtube video are saying its about a couple who pushed their way to the front. At the Charlottesville show after about 5 songs there was this like 4' 6" tall woman that I remember seeing at the back of the pit (which to be in the back of the pit, you had to arrive like 10 minutes before showtime) and she was trying to shove hard her way between my girl and me, and then shoving other people trying to take their spots up front. ...I hope she went to LA and that was her.
    Souds like the clown who kept standing on her chair at BK 1. Obnoxious little _____(insert adjective)________.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    definitely should be an age limit for GA. if someone put a kid on their shoulders in front of me i would be pissed. bringing small kids in just to try to get an advantage for something from the band is bullshit.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    doompony wrote:
    Being yelled at by ev would be terrifying. Like being punched by your grandma. You'd just be like... Awwww shit. I have fucked up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    I was about 8-9 rows back on Stone's side in the pit so I didn't see what the person did that set Eddie off but man I can tell you that being even that close to Eddie and seeing him be that intense was a bit scary!

Glad it didn't sour his mood regarding the crows as a whole, he even complimented us saying something along the lines of "some places get bad reputations but you guys are great".

I must say that even though LA does have that reputation of having very subdues "hipster" crowds when I saw Eddie solo a couple of years ago and the show last night the crowds were fantastic (one or two douche bags in the pit being the exceptions ;) )
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,578
    It was Courtney Love

:o
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    What's the likelihood this will get edited out of the official boot?
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I agree about the age limit. Kids don't belong in GA and having your kid on your shoulders is just ruining the experience for everyone behind you. It's rude and selfish, and it should definitely not be rewarded with picks and a tambourine. :roll:
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    Agg wrote:
    I agree about the age limit. Kids don't belong in GA and having your kid on your shoulders is just ruining the experience for everyone behind you. It's rude and selfish, and it should definitely not be rewarded with picks and a tambourine. :roll:

It's like using a kid to pick up girls at the super market.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    Agg wrote:

It's like using a kid to pick up girls at the super market.
    I get the analogy but It's far worse
  • Options
    The rail has become nothing more than a merch line direct from the band

Leave the picks wine and tambos on stage.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    Agg wrote:

I've been on the other end of that at concerts. Where it's been a seated floor but your 10 or 15 rows back and some dude puts his kid on their shoulders and you can't see shit.

Yah I feel bad the kid can't see, and yah I think it's cool the kid gets to go to a show, but dammit I want to see :) I think that's why security guards come over and tell people to take people off their shoulders. It get's even worse when the person goes.. that guy doesn't mind.. points at you... you don't mind do you.... basically putting you a positition to look like a douchebag... I guess thats once of the scenarios where I actually like security doing their job.

If you're bringing a kid probably best not to go with floor seats. The beside the stage seats would be a good experience.
  • Options
    The GA should not be all out crazy with crowd surfing and shit.

But kids should not be allowed down there.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The rail has become nothing more than a merch line direct from the band

Leave the picks wine and tambos on stage.

Agree.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

100% agree.
  • Options
    I was 10 rows behind the stage close to Boom. It looked like something got hurled at MCready. When Ed searched the crowd, all of them were pointing their finger at her. Not sure if she did throw something or was just elbowing her way up like others have been saying. But Ed was really pissed off!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    was it bean girl?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,859
    As a short man you'd think Ed would understand the problem of not being able to see a show. ;)

Seriously though, who knows what happened, but I know safety is paramount to the band.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jrnyc wrote:

This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

I know that the ejected fan had nothing to do with any kid on someone's shoulder, but I think it's important:

What will it take for people realize that GA is not a safe environment for children??

Do the right thing and leave them home with a babysitter!!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,859
    PJ can come to Minnesota, we have nice people here. :)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    A friend of mine was on the rail and said that this woman came up behind people and started throwing punches to get herself up to the rail. Not a smart idea!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    shortstack wrote:
    was it bean girl?

:eh: :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

They should have a family section, not GA, where folks with kids can go to shows and enjoy it with similar mentalities, who knows might be a good hook up scene with single moms and dads that like PJ.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    edited November 2013
    jrnyc wrote:
    nycrats wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    This is why we can't have nice things. :lol:

Well, assuming the tix weren't flipped, it's a fan club member. Think the person is brave enough to post their side? I'd love to hear the justification for behaving poorly enough that Eddie stops the show. :corn:
    Agreed, would like to hear this persons side. JUST to play devils advocate, what if someone did something to them first (kinda like its the second guy that retaliates in the NFL gets the 15 yard penalty)? I think if im reading this right, there was a father with his child on his shoulders, which no one should mess with, but again to play devils advocate, what if at every pearl jam show, 20 fathers with 5 year olds make their way to the front of the pit with the whole "hey its a kid, let us through" routine? Like that just becomes a thing, even though people wait 12 hours to be in the front, the dads just get cart blanche to the front if they have a child on their shoulders. People at a minimum would be irked and some might get livid.

Any rail people have full play by play?
    This stuff with using kids as props is getting out of control. I love kids and understand the attention they get from band, but a kid has no business in the pit and it is unfair to people around the kid on the shoulders as they cant see and have to be extra careful.

Between kids in the pit, people lining up all day, the list. etc, makes some of the Pearl Jam fans look like incredibly self absorbed, narcissistic people.

Before this tour they made 1 and 2 row a lottery to give other people a chance up front and get the same people out of the front every time. Well, it seems the same problem exists, but replaced with people who follow the band around from show to show and list people. Do what Springsteen does and make it random, this would allow people with jobs and normal people who don't want to wait in line all day to get a shot at the front.

Agree.

And it's totally unfair to others around you to put your kid on your shoulders. If your kid is too short to see over folks in the pit, like I am, do what I do, get a reserved seat on the sides.
    Post edited by grooveme on
  • Options
    dana_b wrote:
    A friend of mine was on the rail and said that this woman came up behind people and started throwing punches to get herself up to the rail. Not a smart idea!

I love those butch types that take advantage of the fact that nobody is going to do anything about their brutal behaviour. Why not simply and very calmly place her in a 'gentle' headlock and give her a wedgie- stretching the XL panties right over the head! Get your friend to hold your poster tube and your beer first though.

I mean... what does the book say people are supposed to do in such a situation? Certainly the answer cannot be to move aside, roll the eyes, and allow the doosh to bludgeon her way to the front to repulse Ed... is it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"