Options

LA1 fan "ejected"

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    JH6056 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

I'm saying that if one or two people were affected by the person trying to force their way forward, then it's possible that people that were standing near them during and/or before the show might jump in and start pointing fingers and making it seem much worse than it was.
    I don't believe that Eddie would have done what he did if he didn't actually see whatever it was that pissed him off, pointing fingers or no pointing fingers.

Response to Dewey Cox, not PJ Soul (I agree with PJ Soul):

I'm still kind of amazed that you think even a bunch of people pointing fingers is enough to a) get his attention in the middle of a show, and b) set him off with fury like that and kick a woman out. I was at the mosquito bite show. While I will definitely say that the severity of Ed's reaction surprised me, at the end of the day you still had a woman up front flashing her tits. Tit flashing has happened at other PJ shows (I've seen it at 2, 90's shows), but when I saw it it was way back, some chicks on someone's shouders or whatever. But to be right in front doing it repeatedly? WTF? It was conspicous and bizarre, and there was no questioning what happened.

I'm also amazed that you beieve it's possible that someone minding their own business and NOT acting like a total, violent tool would spontaneousl be noticed and pointed at by everyone in the pit around them, regardless of whatever BS they pulled before the show in the GA line. Think about it, anyone who even was in the line early is on the rail or in the 1st 2-3 rows at most. Everyone else got there later and just filled in as they got there. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE that *EVERYONE* on this woman's path from teh back of GA to the front just happened to also be people she offended outside so they were just "pointing" at her because they were annoyed. Girlfriend blazed a trail of pissed off people, Ed saw it happen or even more likely actually saw her elbowing her way to the front, and it set him off What you're proposig as an alternative really doesn' tmake any sense in so many ways.

We can discuss until the cows come home whether what this woman *actually did* warranted that reaction (and maybe it's exactly because she's a woman and it's GA that she wasn't kicked out completely), but the reaction was unmistakable: Ed knows what he saw, and it pissed him the hell off beyond any other pissed off that we've seen against one specific person at any show discussed here. He didn't kick Mosquito bite chick out of the front. Who else has gotten kicked out from the front over this kind of thing at a PJ show where Ed ordered it from the stage? I"ve heard of none.

All this speculation that somehow several people POINTING at someone would cause that reaction is just bizarre to me and goes against 23 yrs of shows and "Ed from the stage" behavior.
    Yep. It's a pretty ridiculous theory for sure!! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's a rock concert ... fuck the rules and decency ... if someone is offended - they should stay at home!

:lol:
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's a rock concert ... fuck the rules and decency ... if someone is offended - they should stay at home!

Ok, cool! Next show you're going to, please post your seat location or number on the rail, so the rest of us can see if it's a better seat than we have and we can "relieve you of the burden of a better seat" when we feel like it! Cuz, you know, fuck the rules and decency!!! ;) :twisted: :lol:
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Ok, cool! Next show you're going to, please post your seat location or number on the rail, so the rest of us can see if it's a better seat than we have and we can "relieve you of the burden of a better seat" when we feel like it! Cuz, you know, fuck the rules and decency!!! ;) :twisted: :lol:

sorry ... i should have mentioned my comment was tongue-in-cheek ... it was related to the smoking at concerts ... i was told that smoking is ok in concerts because it's rock and roll and that those rules don't apply ... and that if i'm offended by someone blowing smoke in my face - i should stay home ...

sounds exactly the same ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

sorry ... i should have mentioned my comment was tongue-in-cheek ... it was related to the smoking at concerts ... i was told that smoking is ok in concerts because it's rock and roll and that those rules don't apply ... and that if i'm offended by someone blowing smoke in my face - i should stay home ...

sounds exactly the same ... :lol:
    Pretty sure Ed wouldn't lose his shit on someone who was smoking!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    surprised a video hasnt surfaced yet
  • Options
    JC29856 wrote:
    It has. It's on youtube.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    It has. It's on youtube.

seen that, i meant a close in vid depicting the perp and/or the offense
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pretty sure Ed wouldn't lose his shit on someone who was smoking!

i think i've made my point ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JC29856 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    It has. It's on youtube.

seen that, i meant a close in vid depicting the perp and/or the offense
    Ah, I see.... yeah, that would be incredibly entertaining. :corn:
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,221
    The bottom line is this:
    Some people truely believe that the world revolves around them.... that what other people do or say doesn't really matter. It's all about them. Whether they think that the emergency lane on the freeway is a personal passing lane for them... or that they shouldn't have to wait in line at a checkout stand... or that their concert ticket means they can go anywhere they want. There are people out there that only care about what matters to them and everyone else can fuck off. That is why you sometimes miss a green Left Turn arrow because that person in front of you is in the wrong lane. It doesn't matter to them about your plight... they just don't think they should be inconvenienced by making a left turn they didn't mean to make.
    Those people are out there. We have to deal with them and sometimes... they have to pay the consequences that come along with their douchey, self-interest mentality... such as getting punched in the face or kicked out od a concert. The problem is... this does not happen to them enough times to make them realize.. the world is NOT all about them. There are other people in their reality... even if they truely belive that those other people are insignificant and merely an obstacle or annoyance.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,788
    youngster wrote:
    I believe this is the video you are after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rt4jXuErEc

That wasn't that bad at all. He barely raised his voice. He was way more pissed at Mansfield 98 when quarters were being thrown at the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mq6VKY1dSU

That was only AFTER the song. He was extremely pissed during the song. He was yelling and playing his guitar with so much aggression. Definitely an interesting moment of that concert. It kind of reminded me of the scene in PJ20.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    If A6465 whatever edited her post to say:

I was in the wrong, I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment and what I did was ridiculous and thoughtless. Lesson learned for next time.

This thread would be buried 4 pages back by now.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    I don't get Ed. At BKN 1 some huge guy during Sirens started fighting with security. The guy had to be taken out by a lot of other security guards and from others who weren't in the pit told me it took them 20 min or so to get him out of the arena. I was right there when it happened.I actually got pushed so hard by security i almost went down.Ed saw the whole thing, yet nothing was said....
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    Kids shouldnt be in the pit or on anyone one's shoulders. That is some bs if you want ur kid to see get a seat.. No offense to anyone who brings their kids to shows
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    I don't get Ed. At BKN 1 some huge guy during Sirens started fighting with security. The guy had to be taken out by a lot of other security guards and from others who weren't in the pit told me it took them 20 min or so to get him out of the arena. I was right there when it happened.I actually got pushed so hard by security i almost went down.Ed saw the whole thing, yet nothing was said....
    Security was already dealing with it. Why would Ed get involved when it's already getting handled by the people hired to do so? If he thought you were unjustly being beaten up or whatever by security then he probably would have said something, so I doubt that was his take on what was going on if he even had any idea what was happening. At any rate, Ed is free to pick and choose what's gonna piss him off at any given time. Mood and surroundings have a big impact on how people react to things.
  • Options
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    Kids shouldnt be in the pit or on anyone one's shoulders. That is some bs if you want ur kid to see get a seat.. No offense to anyone who brings their kids to shows
    I would definitely say something to anyone who put anyone else on their shoulders in front of me, and if that didn't work, I'd probably try to get security's attention and hope that they tell the person to cut it out.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    Security was already dealing with it. Why would Ed get involved when it's already getting handled by the people hired to do so? If he thought you were unjustly being beaten up or whatever by security then he probably would have said something, so I doubt that was his take on what was going on if he even had any idea what was happening. At any rate, Ed is free to pick and choose what's gonna piss him off at any given time. Mood and surroundings have a big impact on how people react to things.
    That is true. Dont get me wrong people should not be moving up in the pit and being jerks but I feel like Ed got mad because a kid was on the someone's shoulders right there.
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    That is true. Dont get me wrong people should not be moving up in the pit and being jerks but I feel like Ed got mad because a kid was on the someone's shoulders right there.
    If there was someone being rough near a child then yeah, I'm sure that would definitely set Eddie off, and rightly so. No one should be getting aggressive around a little kid, whether they're blocking their view or not. Of course, no one except Eddie, the bad fan, and maybe a few other people who were there and witnessed it will ever really know what happened unless a clear video of the whole thing surfaces!
  • Options
    of course. It must have been very bad if Ed said something
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    If it makes any difference I would ask someone not put a kid on their shoulders if they were in front of me. In fact, I told some dude to put his damn IPhone away in front of me. He literally took a complete video of every damn song in SD. Enjoy the show!

My theory on this ejection is that Ed was already pissed about something long before this happened. He seemed agitated by something to start the show. Wrong place and wrong time for that lady.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,788
    stickfig13 wrote:

My theory on this ejection is that Ed was already pissed about something long before this happened. He seemed agitated by something to start the show. Wrong place and wrong time for that lady.

Your theory is wrong. It was this particular incident that set him off. He was fine before this.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    If it makes any difference I would ask someone not put a kid on their shoulders if they were in front of me. In fact, I told some dude to put his damn IPhone away in front of me. He literally took a complete video of every damn song in SD. Enjoy the show!

Or she was acting like a complete asshole (seems likely, given her excuses after the fact), and Eddie thought it was either dangerous or completely inappropriate, especially with a little kid right there. We all know that Eddie wouldn't put up with that shit no matter what kind of night he was having. He's not one to be tolerant of shenanigans around children.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    PJammin' wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

Your theory is wrong. It was this particular incident that set him off. He was fine before this.

I guess we were watching two different shows. I thought I thought he was kinda fired up from the start
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,221
    I was out at lunch today and this gal saw me wearing my tour shirt and we started talking. Turns out, she was on the floor and in the middle of all that crap.
    What she told me was there were two women... a young one and an older one. The older one was pushing people away to get the younger one to the railling. The young one was apparently going to pass out and needed to get out of the pit. When they got to the front so the security guards in the photographers pit could reach her and get her out... the 2 women backed up, out of the reach of the guards. The younger one said she was fine now and didn't need to get out. She was pretending to be in distress in order to get through the crowd.
    That is when people started getting pissed. The guards could not reach them to pull them over the fence because they had backed up, out of their reach. People were trying to shove them back to where they came from and the 2 put up a fight.
    That is why pearl jam security had to go around to ge them out.
    Again, this is one person's account and i don't know how much is fact.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I was out at lunch today and this gal saw me wearing my tour shirt and we started talking. Turns out, she was on the floor and in the middle of all that crap.
    What she told me was there were two women... a young one and an older one. The older one was pushing people away to get the younger one to the railling. The young one was apparently going to pass out and needed to get out of the pit. When they got to the front so the security guards in the photographers pit could reach her and get her out... the 2 women backed up, out of the reach of the guards. The younger one said she was fine now and didn't need to get out. She was pretending to be in distress in order to get through the crowd.
    That is when people started getting pissed. The guards could not reach them to pull them over the fence because they had backed up, out of their reach. People were trying to shove them back to where they came from and the 2 put up a fight.
    :x If that's true, that is absolutely BRUTAL, especially considering what the woman said in her post explaining what happened, and I am glad that Eddie is savvy and experienced enough to have picked up on that bullshit. I can see why that would piss him off so much. No one likes a liar or someone who plays on people's sympathy and willingness to help people in distress! So so so so shady. What a couple of creeps (if that's true).
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Cosmo wrote:

If this is remotely true, it's even more shameful than the original story. Feigning distress is detestable for so many reasons not the least of which is that it has the potential to put someone who really needs help in jeopardy.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    And what PJ_Soul said too! :D
  • Options
    cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 138
    I haven't read all the posts, but I have read the last several. I was right in the center - and have my own view. First, there was an adorable 11 year old that was just to my left, 1st row behind the group on the rail with her family. She got a harmonica, was held by her Dad a lot and my favorite was when she was singing Sirens along with the rest of crowd. Later in the show Ed had her and her Dad come over the rail to the side of the stage were presumably they met the band afterwards. Makes me want to bring my 11 to the next show :idea:

There was NO drama with her at all.

The drama at the beginning of the show was from two ladies, one of which may have been younger, I'm not sure. From my point of view (again middle, 3 people deep in front of Ed), they were just to my right... and at first, it seemed as if the one lady was at risk to feint... which of course gets everyone's attention, the Red Sea parts, and a path is cleared to the front. However, once she gets to the front with her 2nd lady friend, all is well and now they don't want to move. Not smart.

Ed picks up on the commotion and now pissed off PIT and tells them at first to go which they ignore and just stand there. Seriously? If Ed is pointing directly at me and tells me to jump, I'm sure as hell going to reach the Yellow Moon. They just stood there until Ed and Security had them properly escorted out the way they came.

The intensity on Ed's face when he was playing the guitar leading up to their eviction was amazing. Every chord was a "F.U"... and the stare down made it clear: don't be an asshole. A pretty good rule to follow for everyone who wants to be in the Pit. There's a good thread on "Given to Fly" on this topic right now... as someone asked "Is it that big of a deal to want to get to the front." The answer in short is yes -- it's a big deal. Put in the time and effort to earn it, or get the hell to the back and enjoy your space and comfort without pushing your selfish idiocy on others.

My $.02.

PS - I am worried about the guy just to my right that seemed to be there with a few friends. Early in the show (after the above incident) he clearly wasn't doing well, started to tell his friend he was going to go out the back, turned smartly back toward the front, eyes rolled back into his head, and passed out. We got him over the rail, but wasn't seen again. I worried he may have been the worst of anyone that night. Didn't seem to drunk or anything, so made me worried. In my thoughts man whomever you are. Your friends didn't leave with you, so maybe they knew this was a normal thing, I dunno.
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    We'll talk about it later
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles