Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    morello wrote:
    Hello Family,
    I'm new to the 10C. I received my first mailing from 10C a month ago and was wondering if I was supposed to receive a 10C ID card? What I received in the mailed packet was a bunch of stickers/decals and a 10C jacket patch. Anyone know if they were supposed to send me an ID card? Not sure if I need an ID card for anything? Are there events I will need to have one to get in?
    thanks.

PS: as I lived overseas in a 3rd world country most of my life, Wrigley will be my first show. I am looking for someone who is going to be my "mentor". I will be at both pre-concert parties.
    Welcome to the forum from me too RachaelBarrett.

As for an "ID card" no there isn't one. Sometimes there's something you can print out & get laminated yourself but I'm not sure if there is this year, anyway nothing official is needed.

If you just turn up at the pre-parties for the shows next month you will be fine & will meet heaps of fellow fans. Enjoy. :)

Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know. <3
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held me in that night
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held my hand that night
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Hello Family,
    I'm new to the 10C. I received my first mailing from 10C a month ago and was wondering if I was supposed to receive a 10C ID card? What I received in the mailed packet was a bunch of stickers/decals and a 10C jacket patch. Anyone know if they were supposed to send me an ID card? Not sure if I need an ID card for anything? Are there events I will need to have one to get in?
    thanks.

PS: as I lived overseas in a 3rd world country most of my life, Wrigley will be my first show. I am looking for someone who is going to be my "mentor". I will be at both pre-concert parties.
    Welcome to the Forum and the 10 Club, RachaelBarrett!
    :wave:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    southp wrote:
    I'm sure this has already been mentioned but I thought I would add my 2-cents.

I'm an analog member and recently received the 2013 gift (print, stickers, patch). It's a nice gesture to include this with the analog memberships however I think the effort is a little misguided for two reasons:

1) We got the same thing last year, and while it's a nice to have, most of us 10club members are probably closer to middle-age than we are to teenagers who are going to put stickers on our lockers or binders or skateboards. So just a thought that something like the t-shirts is more practical.

2) We are all fans of the band Pearl Jam, we are not fans of a fan club. Why are these gifts not "Pearl Jam" branded items? Even a photo of the band could be better than something that says 10C.

Just my 2-cents. Otherwise, thanks for all your hard work!
    I prefer stickers and posters to t-shirts. I guess I have to admit that I'm nearing middle age, and I put stickers on my luggage, speakers, I have a guitar that I might put some on one day, I have a 10C sticker displayed at work (so I can be identified by other 10C members who might come by :lol: ), etc. And people put them on their cars too. Sure, it's a lot of stickers - way more than I know what to do with at the moment - but I will still have them 10, 20, 30 years from now, and eventually I figure they'll kind of be collector's items or will find a place. Ditto for the patches and mini-posters. A t-shirt? I don't even wear them. And all of 10C's clothes are way to short for me. A t-shirt is boring. IMHO. Maybe a choice would be cool. I.e., members can choose between a t-shirt and something else.
    But I do very much agree with the comment about the gift being PJ themed instead of 10C themed though. I'd WAY rather have a sheet of PJ stickers than a sheet of 10C stickers!! One year doing that I can understand. 2 in a row? Not so much.

I am also an analog member, but when i received my packet i only received stickers and the patch :-o
    what was the "print" of? and do you know who I should contact about the missing item(s)? should I send an email/letter to 10 Club? I remember thinking that it was a big box for just stickers and a patch...hmmm
    thanks.
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held me in that night
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held my hand that night
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Why isn't PJ using paperless tickets if they care so much about scalping?? Paperless tix cut down on scalping by 75%, so why in the world aren't you using it?

yep. they should do the entire venue as paperless. then we wouldn't see all this ridiculous secondary market tickets.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    All I want at this point is info or an update regarding the new PJ album.

And, to think of it, I also didn't receive a t-shirt. Was that not only the first year with Analog on it; with a slight space between "al" and "og"? (I do wear this one btw. It is funny.)
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Idea : improving the search engine. Make it possible to look for one subject throughout the forum, not one section at the time

Also : dark red or dark blue on black background are not good contrast. Choose an other color for the text (light grey or white maybe). It would be easier to see an to read.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212

And, to think of it, I also didn't receive a t-shirt. Was that not only the first year with Analog on it; with a slight space between "al" and "og"? (I do wear this one btw. It is funny.)
    There wasn't a t-shirt the last 2 years. Only the 1st year was there a t-shirt. The membership 'gift' the last 2 years has been a sheet of stickers, a patch & a small poster &/or letter from Jeff.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    morello wrote:

There wasn't a t-shirt the last 2 years. Only the 1st year was there a t-shirt. The membership 'gift' the last 2 years has been a sheet of stickers, a patch & a small poster &/or letter from Jeff.

I kind of like the last patches, to be honest. And the tenclub "tree". That was some good artwork. Not really into that military stuff, but that is just personal taste (and the fact that I lived near an army base, might have something to do with it.)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Now that PJ went back to South America, played Brazil and Argentina... I'd be very interested to hear about new potential destinations for the band to explore. You talked about the music industry, well how about a discussion of the live show industry and promotion and what elements dictate the band's tour schedule?

Our beloved PJ are best live, and worldwide fans are very appreciative when they come to new places.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Longueuil wrote:
    Idea : improving the search engine. Make it possible to look for one subject throughout the forum, not one section at the time

ummm...you can. ;)

search.php
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    good you do preorders for merch like vault vinyl..is the way to go for fans want it to get it..thank you.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    looks like they are listening ;)

edvedd wrote:
    if its possible release 1 or 2 future bootlegs on vinyl 8-)
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=193154&p=4534085&hilit=vinyl#p4534085
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    evo wrote:
    the odd wee discount for the shop would be good.

They listened! THANK YOU 10c for the 20% off! That makes a difference for sure.
    Great suggestion too, OP!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    looks like they are listening ;)

edvedd wrote:
    if its possible release 1 or 2 future bootlegs on vinyl 8-)
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=193154&p=4534085&hilit=vinyl#p4534085
    :mrgreen: nice
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It seemed that the 10c was listening for the made to order vinyl for the Vault releases. A lot of people have made requests for it on the forum and on this thread - so it sounds like the 10c did listen. Excellent job 10c, I hope we can expect vinyl at least on the future Vault released moving forward. A lot of good was done for both the fans and the 10c by doing this - thank you.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Thank you from me, too, 10c! I really appreciate the discount and the vinyl too! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Congratulations PJ for 'Betterman' coming in at number 50 on Triple J's Hottest 100 of the past 20 years!

Why this poll matters:
    1. Triple J's annual Hottest 100 is "the world's largest musical democracy"
    2. Triple J is Australia's national youth station (ie. not your 'classic rock', nostalgia type radio station)
    3. Triple J is largely tax-payer funded so no advertising (except for new indie music and tours sponsored by Triple J)
    4. Triple J supports new indie music and helps 'unearth' Australian musicians

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest10 ... countdown/
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    HEAR ME, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    It appears NIN doesn't have saboteurs :lol::lol::lol::lol:

they can actually handle a fan club presale without crashing.... :lol::lol:

maybe Tim should give Trent a call and ask how they can sell tickets without a lotto :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

maybe Tim should give Trent a call and ask how they can sell tickets without a lotto :lol::lol::lol:

A site that works and an artist that REALLY wants to tour

very refreshing
  • Options
    81 wrote:

A site that works and an artist that REALLY wants to tour

very refreshing

just blows my mind how easy it was.....and how it didn't crash every second....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    this is what NIN uses for tickets

http://www.musictoday.com/
  • Options
    KH453KH453 Posts: 18
    As a member of 20 years, I have to say that, while I love the Ten Club (I really do!), I have become quite disappointed at the lack of communication we've been receiving. It seems there was a time where we received emails every time a new piece of merch went on sale, etc. Now, we get fewer emails with less info. I'd rather get a few more emails from 10c to let me know about new merch, updates on the band's doings (recording, chilling, touring - whatever), etc.

Also, I'm just lost as to why there hasn't been some sort of reply on whether there will be bootleg boxes for 2011 and 2012. I've held off on buying those boots to this point, waiting for them to be boxed so I can just do it all in one fail swoop. At this point, we're more than two years behind on this. ANY UPDATE would be appreciated. (and, since I'm not on these boards much, I apologize if an update has been given)...

Kudos on Vault #3. I've been enjoying the show and can't wait to see the hard copies! Here's hoping that more of the Yield tour shows from 1998 will see the light of day in full.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

You're sig is hypnotizing me. :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options

way to easy...even with the one little link hiccup.

that's how buying tix should be.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

You're sig is hypnotizing me. :)

Relax, turn around, and take my hand
  • Options
    I'm now conditioned for this:

Whenever a live show is released, I immediately suspect it's edited or missing songs/parts of the show. I had the same feeling yesterday with Constitution Hall and was saddened to learn of the omissions. I see that you have updated the product in the shop to list what's missing, but I fear there's far more amiss once I get around to listening to it.

Could you provide a tracklisting with the bootleg product in the shop and any info as to why content is missing? A simple link to the tour database doesn't work any longer.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

Whenever a live show is released, I immediately suspect it's edited or missing songs/parts of the show. I had the same feeling yesterday with Constitution Hall and was saddened to learn of the omissions. I see that you have updated the product in the shop to list what's missing, but I fear there's far more amiss once I get around to listening to it.

Could you provide a tracklisting with the bootleg product in the shop and any info as to why content is missing? A simple link to the tour database doesn't work any longer.
    The setlist is available elsewhere on the internet, and that is indeed the full setlist minus the two songs they note.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

The setlist is available elsewhere on the internet, and that is indeed the full setlist minus the two songs they note.

Correct, however the point is:

A) Bootlegs don't include every song of the show like the old days, therefore I can't rely on tour info here or elsewhere on the internet for the setlist included on the bootleg.
    B) There wasn't any notification of the two songs missing until people had already downloaded the show.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Correct, however the point is:

A) Bootlegs don't include every song of the show like the old days, therefore I can't rely on tour info here or elsewhere on the internet for the setlist included on the bootleg.
    B) There wasn't any notification of the two songs missing until people had already downloaded the show.
    And not until after I spent $50 on the vinyl. :| (but I'm over it now .... it's still a good boot)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata