Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Kathi wrote:
    multiple GA entrances are dangerous, especially if venue security is not up to their task...I read about people almost getting trampled in hartford, there has to be a better solution.
    not sure how the US works, but last year there was someone from the band's security staff supervising 10c GA entry, staggered entrance (first 100 get in, short break, next 100 get in etc) was a good idea too, felt very safe for almost all shows.

+1
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    multiple GA entrances are dangerous, especially if venue security is not up to their task...I read about people almost getting trampled in hartford, there has to be a better solution.
    not sure how the US works, but last year there was someone from the band's security staff supervising 10c GA entry, staggered entrance (first 100 get in, short break, next 100 get in etc) was a good idea too, felt very safe for almost all shows.

+1
    +1
    in addition, I liked the way security/event staff was controlling the GA admission yesterday by allowing 10 people or so in to the venue at a time. Thinking this would create a safe environment, esp. in the high demand shows, like Seattle, where you can already feel the fan tension.
  • Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    Not sure where to post this, but just thank you to PJ for Yellow Moon. The tone and message couldn't ring any truer in the US right now. Thanks for writing about things that matter and for helping to keep such a critical issue running through our minds. Beautiful song on every level.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JB128716 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

+1
    yep..at europe 12 was so safe and organized all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Bootlegs 2013...any info?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    There is a discussion going on here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223045 about how fan club tickets are being distributed, particularly in the reserved seating areas, on this tour. Although we were told that tickets sold to the general public would be behind 10C seats, there were many TM tickets sold to people in rows in front of fan club members who got tickets through the 10 Club. I hope that ticket distribution can be smoothed out for future tours so that 10C members do, in fact, get better seats than people who buy their tickets through TM.
  • Options
    Bootlegs 2013...any info?

So glad you asked...I was wondering the same thing!
  • Options
    Having no opener was the best thing ever done to the live show. Please let that become the norm.

Consider an adjustment to the GA entry, making seniority matter. Think about how you enter a plane, by zones. Perhaps that can be done based on seniority for the 2014 GA entries.

Please reconsider the db level of the shows. It's barely loud enough, and would benefit by moving closer to 110 than 100. Nothing can ruin a show more than it being too quiet. Let's err on the side of being too loud in the future, and push it closer to 110 consistently.

Thanx
  • Options
    Yes Keep the volume up! They sound so good loud, no matter which song :)
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    Shipping to Canada bites, takes forever and costs a fortune, not sure what changed but it used to be great.

Other than that, very happy Canadian camper.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Joe WhaleyJoe Whaley Mississippi Posts: 7
    I didn't pre-order Lightning Bolt on vinyl
    but I want to order it now. When will it be available again?
    Please don't say it was limited, and over...
    Also, waiting ever so patiently on No Code reissue vinyl!!
    _
    The member formerly known as Johnny Carwash.
  • Options
    Will there a hard copy of Deep mailed out? I'd rather wait for that then read o
    It on the computer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Will there a hard copy of Deep mailed out? I'd rather wait for that then read o
    It on the computer
    Yes, they're gong to mail it out (eventually). It said so in the newsletter.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks figured as much. I'll wait
  • Options
    So that UK/Euro store we talked about....
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    seriously?

"Sevens" sold out in a few hours, and even though it's a pre-order and not shipping for weeks there can't be more produced to accomodate fan demand?

wasn't the vault 3 vinyl produced after the presale, thus giving everyone who wanted one enough time to order?

:nono:
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    It is a bit frustrating that this thing was a pre-order, yet was so limited. I can only imagine the cost to produce is insane, and they capped the number they're offering. If not, then there's no reason not to wait and see how many orders come in before committing to a set run.

Give the fans what they want? Only on a limited basis. :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    It is a bit frustrating that this thing was a pre-order, yet was so limited. I can only imagine the cost to produce is insane, and they capped the number they're offering. If not, then there's no reason not to wait and see how many orders come in before committing to a set run.

Give the fans what they want? Only on a limited basis. :lol:

Exactly. Hell, by the time I got the email, it was already sold out.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    8bitj wrote:
    seriously?

"Sevens" sold out in a few hours, and even though it's a pre-order and not shipping for weeks there can't be more produced to accomodate fan demand?

wasn't the vault 3 vinyl produced after the presale, thus giving everyone who wanted one enough time to order?

:nono:
    I agree. This should have been handled in the same way as Vault 3. By the time I read the email on Monday morning AUS-time, it had already sold out.

There are other time zones than just the US guys!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    The way sevens sold today was not cool.

Puts music/art in the hands of flippers (not all, but a portion) and true fans miss out.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Very limited edition for only a very limited few...not cool.
    :fp:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    I'm from Argentina. Still sleeping when it gone SOLD OUT. This is totally unfair. Still waiting for Vault 3 and LB vinyls ordered the day pre-orders came up. This is totally dissappointing. Shouldn't we all 10C analog members at least have the opportunity of buying this limited stuff in OUR fan club site? Come on guys... we are not asking for any gifts... just to have the opportunity we deserve.
    Oh I forgot. Still waiting for Love Boat Captain 7' ordered on May, 6.

Cheers.

Santiago (10C analog member from the other side of the world that, only in the current year spent U$D684.52 in this blessed club) :nono:

PS. Sorry for my english.
  • Options
    When we have nothing left to give
    There will be no reason for us to live
    But when we have nothing left to lose
    You will have nothing left to use
    We owe you nothing you have no control
    Merchandise keeps us in line
    Common sense says it's by design
    What could a businessman ever want more
    Than to have us sucking in his store
    We owe you nothing
    You have no control
    You are not what you own
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    I really like the way Sevens was released and sold out quickly. That's the way rarities go. It had a great response and was a true success. Anyone around the world who missed it because they were sleeping, working, or whatever are just miserable and creating excuses to get their way. It's childish, immature and disrespectful to the rarities that are out there. They're rare for a reason. They're hard to get, meaning not everyone gets them. Some people don't GET THAT!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    hd1072hd1072 Posts: 158
    Dear 10c,

Can those of us who buy bootlegs on CD please receive corresponding mp3 downloads when we place our orders? I know that those who ordered Lightning Bolt got free mp3 downloads of the album when it became available.

Thank you.
  • Options

I emailed 10C recently about a missing xmas single and in my message I offered to run a European shop for them. As well as running my own label my day job is in handling customer complaints, so possibly perfect for 10C! Anyway, in their reply 10C sorted out my missing single and didn't respond in any way to my offer / suggestion.
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    savegringo wrote:

I emailed 10C recently about a missing xmas single and in my message I offered to run a European shop for them. As well as running my own label my day job is in handling customer complaints, so possibly perfect for 10C! Anyway, in their reply 10C sorted out my missing single and didn't respond in any way to my offer / suggestion.

In a case like this, I think no answer IS an answer.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    Cheaper shipping to Canada!
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    totally dissapointed about the way 10c sold out the "sevens box set" and more items.
    For what to be an analog member if, because where I´m living (Spain, sorry for my english) I´m not able to get it one?
    C´mon guys, I´m not asking a present, I´m only asking the priviledge to have the chance to buy one copy, that´s all.
    If this will be the policy of the club from now on, woul be nice to know it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Raulcf77 wrote:
    totally dissapointed about the way 10c sold out the "sevens box set" and more items.
    For what to be an analog member if, because where I´m living (Spain, sorry for my english) I´m not able to get it one?
    C´mon guys, I´m not asking a present, I´m only asking the priviledge to have the chance to buy one copy, that´s all.
    If this will be the policy of the club from now on, woul be nice to know it.
    This has been going on for a long time. Sometimes they do very limited editions. Now you know it. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata