Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Raulcf77 wrote:
    totally dissapointed about the way 10c sold out the "sevens box set" and more items.
    For what to be an analog member if, because where I´m living (Spain, sorry for my english) I´m not able to get it one?
    C´mon guys, I´m not asking a present, I´m only asking the priviledge to have the chance to buy one copy, that´s all.
    If this will be the policy of the club from now on, woul be nice to know it.
    This has been going on for a long time. Sometimes they do very limited editions. Now you know it. ;)

I can understand about very limited editions and so on, but I cannot understand or agree about releasing an item for 2 hours!!! And then to make it even worse, you notice that this item was on amazon.com, amazon.jp, etc, etc.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    Raulcf77 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Raulcf77 wrote:
    totally dissapointed about the way 10c sold out the "sevens box set" and more items.
    For what to be an analog member if, because where I´m living (Spain, sorry for my english) I´m not able to get it one?
    C´mon guys, I´m not asking a present, I´m only asking the priviledge to have the chance to buy one copy, that´s all.
    If this will be the policy of the club from now on, woul be nice to know it.
    This has been going on for a long time. Sometimes they do very limited editions. Now you know it. ;)

I can understand about very limited editions and so on, but I cannot understand or agree about releasing an item for 2 hours!!! And then to make it even worse, you notice that this item was on amazon.com, amazon.jp, etc, etc.
    It's not that it was only released for two hours. It's that it generated so much interest that it sold out in two hours. I've seen concerts sell out in 45 seconds.... 2 hours seems pretty good. :lol:;) Actually, I was trying to buy this Munk One poster the other day on the Munk One website, and the thing sold out in 8 seconds! :shock:
    I doubt very much that Amazon will be able to actually come up with these things. They do that... just post shit in the hopes of getting it in stock, and then they can't follow through. MAYBE they'll manage to get their hands on 100 or something, but I think a lot of people who ordered from Amazon will be disappointed!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Spot-on PJ Soul.

I dig the post.

I wish I hadn't purchased Sevens, because my views would maybe resonate more if I didn't get a copy. The 10C did nothing wrong with the release of the Sevens rarity. When you miss out on something, it's no ones vault but your own. You should be thankful enough that an organization such as the 10C gives the fans the opportunities that it does.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Great idea on releasing the Sevens box set and kudos to those who scored one. Please comment on how it will be distributed. Was the sale only thru Pearl Jam's webstore to 10C members, or will additional allotments be sold thru Amazon and/or other vendors?

Many folks who missed out on the 10C sale have attempted to purchase a copy thru Amazon which has systematically been posting online listings for the box set in various countries. It would be helpful to know from 10C whether or not the box sets "available" thru Amazon are legitimate.
  • Options
    Everything this band stood for at the beginning is GONE!!! All they want is your money!! SELL OUT!!! On top of that they have put out anything good in YEARS!!

Make a Limited to the limited version of Ten and sell it only to people who will re sale it for ten times the amount it cost ...so, your real fans get f**ked!!!

"Human devices set me free", Except Cash
  • Options
    MM174168 wrote:
    Everything this band stood for at the beginning is GONE!!! All they want is your money!! SELL OUT!!! On top of that they have put out anything good in YEARS!!

Make a Limited to the limited version of Ten and sell it only to people who will re sale it for ten times the amount it cost ...so, your real fans get f**ked!!!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, I guess. :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    MM174168 wrote:

If it was only about the money they wouldn't have made such a small amount of them. Get over yourself.

LB is a great record. So, again, get over yourself.

Nice 2nd post.

Go away.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    MM174168 wrote:

OMGWall.png
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    MM174168 wrote:

OMGWall.png
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    "PJ_Soul wrote:

I can understand about very limited editions and so on, but I cannot understand or agree about releasing an item for 2 hours!!! And then to make it even worse, you notice that this item was on amazon.com, amazon.jp, etc, etc.[/quote]
    It's not that it was only released for two hours. It's that it generated so much interest that it sold out in two hours. I've seen concerts sell out in 45 seconds.... 2 hours seems pretty good. :lol:;) Actually, I was trying to buy this Munk One poster the other day on the Munk One website, and the thing sold out in 8 seconds! :shock:
    I doubt very much that Amazon will be able to actually come up with these things. They do that... just post shit in the hopes of getting it in stock, and then they can't follow through. MAYBE they'll manage to get their hands on 100 or something, but I think a lot of people who ordered from Amazon will be disappointed![/quote]

Looking back you are exactly right Alli! And thanks again for trying to get that Munk One for me!!!
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    ok, im just home from seeing Queens of the Stone Age in the new Hydro in Glasgow.

This venue is fuckin made for Pearl Jam. If you don't play here it will be a crime against music. QOTSA rocked it tonight but you guys could take it to another level. I've been to all the big venues in the uk and this is the best by far.

Please, Please make it happen!

Vote yes in 2014 :thumbup:
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    Please get better shipping to Canada. I order records from the US all the time, including through fan clubs, and those always get to me within 2 weeks, and 100% of them charge less that 10C does, but 10C's stuff takes at least a good month to reach me (and I still haven't received my LB vinyl, supposedly shipped more than 40 days ago and again 9 days ago). What is going on? Why is 10C's shipping to Canada the worst shipping service I have ever experienced, and also the most expensive? I just don't get it. It's not about shit getting held up at customs obviously, since that doesn't hold up anything else shipped to me from the States. Please do something about this 10C. It's very frustrating to be paying more for much much less. If it's going to be that expensive, then it should at least reach us relatively quickly. If it's going to be that slow, then it should at least cost less than what everyone else whose stuff gets here fast charges.
  • Options
    JawsJaws Canada Posts: 54
    demetrios wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i think everyone would love to hear from the individual band members from time to time on here...q&a's and such...but not in the chat room :nono:

If only AET was back on air. Would of been a treat if every month a band member would take calls. Maybe DJ a show or two.

But man, I hope Ed know's there is a 24/7 Pearl Jam radio here. Wouldn't it be awesome if he did another Monkey Wrench Radio broadcast on Pearl Jam radio? When I heard we were getting a 24/7 Pearl Jam radio, here @ 10club that's the first thing that I wanted to happen. Some live performances of Pearl Jam LIVE in the studio played on air.

:D
  • Options
    I would love to have a Paypal option for the shop.......I'd buy alot more if there was this option,I don't like to use my CC that much as your shop doesn't have that secure lock thingy :lol:

:D I agree.
  • Options
    Single 10C tickets! I'm always travel alone and buying a pair seems a waste of money.

Meet and great, like Metallica do!

Bigger tubes for posters, like the one at EU shows. I'll pay $$$ extra for it.

Agreed X 3 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I probably am beating a dead horse but I think PJ needs to mind their manners.
    Professional musicians are never an 1 hour late without reason. And if there is a reason usually an explanation and apogee would be the first thing to be spoken. And if you are going mention an important topic like my rights and advocating more laws to hinder them you need to educate yourself.
    The mental aspect is what needs to been done because taking the guns away from everybody won;t stop mentally ill people from harming others or being harmed by the police. :!:
  • Options
    Last night you gave a tribute to the RHCP for taking you under their wings. So next time take off your pants and shirts like the Red Hot Chili Peppers!!! LOL =)~ Love you Guys!!! You guys were crazy last night!!! Thank you for many happy memories!!! :D
  • Options
    cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 138
    Feedback: thanks. Thanks for such great passion at your shows that leaves this 44 year old feeling like he's 20 again. We're so damn blessed to have your talents shared with us over the years on vinyl, cd, and live in concert. Wow. Thanks, truly.
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 271
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Please get better shipping to Canada. I order records from the US all the time, including through fan clubs, and those always get to me within 2 weeks, and 100% of them charge less that 10C does, but 10C's stuff takes at least a good month to reach me (and I still haven't received my LB vinyl, supposedly shipped more than 40 days ago and again 9 days ago). What is going on? Why is 10C's shipping to Canada the worst shipping service I have ever experienced, and also the most expensive? I just don't get it. It's not about shit getting held up at customs obviously, since that doesn't hold up anything else shipped to me from the States. Please do something about this 10C. It's very frustrating to be paying more for much much less. If it's going to be that expensive, then it should at least reach us relatively quickly. If it's going to be that slow, then it should at least cost less than what everyone else whose stuff gets here fast charges.

PJ_Soul hit the nail on the head. I've also been waiting 2 months for my LB vinyl to arrive in Montreal, Canada and it's completely unacceptable in this day an age. I order records from all over the world and even shipments from the UK make it here quicker (and cheaper) than they do from the 10C. At this point I'm tempted to just go to amazon and order my LB vinyl from there (with FREE SHIPPING) and I'll be spinning it by Friday. Meanwhile, I'm a card-carrying 10C member and I don't even own a physical copy of the new album that's been our for 6 weeks!
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    the lightening bolt scarf got me thinking that there should be some Christmas merch. tree decorations, t-shirts etc.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    Keep rocking.
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    Stop deleting threads about serious band related issues while pretending that every voice is supposed to be heard.
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Ten ManTen Man TEXAS Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    I have no complaints whatsoever regarding the 10 Club. We are very grateful that you think of your fans and that you have created a place where we can communicate with no only each other but with you "The Greatsest Band in the World" We love and thank you for everything you do for US!

Here is a suggestion.......I could be wrong but I think the the longest Pearl Jam show on record (CD too) is the 2003 Mansfield, Mass show at 47 songs. I have a friend going to the upcoming Seattle show, I think the record could belong in SEATTLE for the longest PJ show performed on record (and CD). I know that I usually save the best for last, bring it home. I'm just anxious for the bootlegs to come out for DAL/OKC/PHX. Bravo Pearl Jam!
    Post edited by Ten Man on
    TEN MAN
  • Options
    Bump
    Thoughts arrive like butterflies
  • Options
    evo wrote:
    the lightening bolt scarf got me thinking that there should be some Christmas merch. tree decorations, t-shirts etc.

I love Queens of the Stoneage's new Christmas Sweater:

QSA103a_REINDEER_SWEATER_800X800_large.png?v=1383860376
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    jeffqjeffq Posts: 19
    the new ticket sales system has to change. read this before you write it off as another whiney rant of sour grapes.

I'm not saying that there should not be a chance for all members to get access. I like that everyone gets a shot regardless of membership number. But it is just unfair that I have to enter a lottery for the only show I can attend which is Seattle (sorry for the luck of my native city). This new system threatens me with the possibility of being required to buy every show I win. So I have to commit my time and finances to the "possibiltity" of winning a 3-5 shows. Not all of us want to road-trip to multiple shows. I could have driven to Portland, Spokane, or Vancouver, but I couldn't risk paying close to $650 and traveling a total of 30 hours and spending $200 on gas. This is certainly one extreme, but we all know people spend way more than this willingly.

Back in the day, we were allowed to get two 10C tickets for one show per tour (maybe two shows, I forget). I felt like that really leveled the playing field. If you wanted to follow the band to multiple cities, you could get tickets outside of the 10C (you don't have to be in the front row for every show). This one/two show limit per tour system also was a sure way to reward the members. The likely hood that a billion people were going to try for Seattle was way reduced. The system favored attending a show or two in your own home area and maybe one road trip.

This tour, everybody and their dog put in for Seattle, while other shows were way, way, way under sold. And now we have tons of people who lost Seattle AND the show in their area. This system seems like there were fewer people attending the shows of their choice, and more tour-followers. I bet they would sell out a lot more shows with the old system.

So, 10C - please design a system that allows locals to attend the shows in their local area without the fear of accidentally buying tickets for 4 shows, AND maintain a fairness for members with higher numbers. I don't need to be in the front row of the Seattle show, but I'd like to attend a concert that is 1 hour away instead of 6 hours. away.
    See the path cut by the moon for you to walk on.
  • Options
    so is everyone getting excited for the new Springsteen album in January?
  • Options
    Just once, would you let ppl like me, who live literally in the middle of a corn field, have a chance to buy one of the Bennys you're selling in the Shadow Box pop up. That's never going to happen for me and if I ever give ANYONE $1500 for records, I'd rather give it to the Pearl Jam artist and not some STINKING FLIPPER!

Thank you for your consideration
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Knightxx wrote:
    Bump
    har
    so is everyone getting excited for the new Springsteen album in January?

:lolno: :P
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Mystery boxes 8-)