Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• jrrrrr15jrrrrr15 Posts: 95
    Live streaming of all future shows please! Video would be amazing but just audio throw PJ radio would truly be spectacular as well!!!!
    7.5.03 Camden I, 10.2.04 Toledo, 9.15.05 Montreal, 9.16.05 Ottawa, 10.1.05 Atlantic City, 5.13.06 Hartford, 5.27.06 Camden I, 5.30.06 DC, 6.3.06 NJ II, 7.7.06 San Diego, Lollapalooza 2007, 6.24.08 MSG I, 6.25.08 MSG II, 6.27.08 Hartford, 6.28.08 Mansfield I, 6.30.08 Mansfield II, 10.28.09 Philly II, 10.30.09 Philly III, 10.31.09 Philly IV
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 224
    Hello All from a newbie member (literally signed up today!) but long time Porch viewer & Pearl Jam fanatic,

You're probably wondering what took me so long getting involved in the action here on the forum/official site? Well perhaps a couple of my observations feed into the sort of things that are being discussed in this thread & may be of interest (to someone, somewhere ;) ) :

First up, the physical release benefits of an Analogue membership.
    From what I've read and observed in the past it seems these are often late, a Christmas 7" should surely make it to a member by, well Christmas shouldn't it?! And as a UK PJ fan the 4-8 weeks it takes for merch to get here is a long enough wait for me, hence why I've gone for a Digital membership and have always been in two minds about signing up in the first place.
    Would it be better if the 10c 7" was seen more as a gift for that particular year? (as opposed to being attached to a certain season). This might allow 10c to deliver it to different territories in a specific order over the course of 12 months, say the US & South America first, then Europe, then Oz etc or the reverse of that depending on your opinions of how you decide priority.

Secondly, 10c priority ticket purchasing/pre-sales etc.
    As someone that's been lucky enough to see Pearl Jam 3 times I find it quite galling that 10c members, who already get first dibs when buying tickets, are now talking about barriered areas, priority entrance/wristbands etc!!! It's understandable when bands play huge festivals or if particular venues feel there could be issues with peoples safety but I feel a lot of these request are now coming out of a sense of entitlement.
    When someone gets to see a band multiple times in their own country, up close & personal whilst others have to travel hundreds of miles to sit in the nose bleeds on the one occasion they'll ever get to watch this amazing group play, you have to start wondering if something is out of whack.
    There could be a way to even things up though & it's this : The band taking on board 10c members requests for more 10c only gigs in smaller venues but have all other shows returning to a first come, first serve general admissions policy. This way someone who has never experienced PJ from the floor gets the chance to experience that delight anew & 10c members get to feel they are receiving something additional for their loyalty.
    The only other option would be for Pearl Jam to play longer tours at more venues to meet the demand but I think that at this stage in their lives they have things that take bigger priority than touring.

Any way that's just me not being neutral on this moving train ;) Hope I didn't offend anyone first time out!
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    when can we expect an answer on any of these questions?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:

:fp:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    81 wrote:

serious

i'm not buying what Tim is selling
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    81 wrote:

serious

i'm not buying what Tim is selling

they need to hire someone just to read these and answer them.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Jeff,

what mile marker was the "YIELD" sign picture taken from on highway 87.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

how long will we be in beta mode?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Where and when will answers to all the questions be posted?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:
    The member responses will be used for internal consideration related to policies, practices, as well as an informative platform for band and management to consider addressing through various print and online forums.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    81 wrote:
    how long will we be in beta mode?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:
    The member responses will be used for internal consideration related to policies, practices, as well as an informative platform for band and management to consider addressing through various print and online forums.

so never :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

so never :fp: :lol:

:P

well in their defense, have you read these tomes that some people have posted? :fp: :lol:
  • MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Can i just take this opportunity to say that i am impressed by the tickets 10 C picked for me for Eddie's solo gig in Manchester! I was so so close! and boy, what a gig that was! half way through the gig, I still couldnt believe I was there! couldnt believe my eyes! THANK YOU 10C AND EDDIE, WOW....... I WISH I HAD WORDS TO EXPRESS HOW AMAZING YOU ARE. YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
    norm wrote:
    :P

well in their defense, have you read these tomes that some people have posted? :fp: :lol:

i can't say i have read many tomes. :lol:

while we are at it....can we get face shots of the female model.....perhaps some 10c bra's as well.... #justaskin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    81 wrote:
    while we are at it....can we get face shots of the female model.....perhaps some 10c bra's as well.... #justaskin

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    Might be worth splitting this thread into - band related info questions, merchandise and 10club suggestions
    OR
    Summarising the key suggestions being made in the OP so they arent repeated over and over
    168dcfb.jpg
  • TtrotTtrot Posts: 5
    1. PJ 20 bootlegs

2. Play a show in Peoria, IL.
  • Thanks Tim,

This thread is a great idea and hopefully will clean up the Porch a bit.

I've actually read the entire thread and most of the concerns I have are already listed. Here are a few more.

1. Put a Login field on the forum section itself. I often get timed out here and hate that I have to go out to the main page in order to log back in. Especially if I'm trying to reply to a specific post (while quoting it).

2. Can you make the font colour in the search field white so we can see what we're typing when we're doing a search on this board.

3. Can you make it so I can access this board from my phone (I don't have an iphone sorry). I login but when I try to check pm`s or reply to things it tells me I'm not logged in. Basically right now I have read only access from my phone for regular posts.

4. Speaking of Iphones...IF the PJ app get's fixed can you have someone create that app for an android. I have a blackberry and have given up on any new apps ever being made for my phone unless RIM has the rebound of the century. I'm thinking about switching to an android so I'd love to be able to experience the PJ app someday.

5. Can we get TRUE women's clothing? What I see at shows is basically junior sizes of shirts that are mens cut, but labelled women's. Most of the time those are tight on us...especially us women that actually have boobs. (meaning bigger than a B cup). Ohh and we would really like Tank tops that don't cut off above the belly button. The tanks at this years PJ Manchester show (even the large sizes) did not reach my lower waist and I am skinny and short waisted (most of my height is in my legs) with only a C cup boob size.

Finally, for posters can we go back to how you guys did things in 2007/2008. We buy the poster at the show and get a wrist band. AFTER the show we return to the merch stand and pick up the poster (at which time the wristband is removed by the person at the merch counter). I got my Vic theater, Hartford, AND MSG posters that way in 2007/2008. It was AMAZING! I didn't have to babysit a poster and worry about it getting stolen (I've had one stolen at a show before - Portland 06). The lines weren't THAT bad after the show either. Pretty fast moving.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    edited July 2012
    Will we ever know what happened with the mega wall that was at Alpine Valley?

I would love to get the section of wall that I wrote on with the bands signatures on the reverse. :lol::lol:

Tear this wall down... Pearl Jam style. Or better yet maybe they have it in their studio for inspiration. Do tell.

Oh and how about opening up the sricker vault? Maybe do a mystery sticker sale...?
    Post edited by moses562 on
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • CheccoChecco Posts: 4
    Hi to everyone......first of all i would like to use this thread for a couple of question i have:

1. Why, during all PJ shows, there's no Snake Pit anymore? I don't know in the States but here in Europe at every shows there are 1000/1500 people from the 10c, so i think should be great to have a Snake for us and the number seems to be appropriate, because believe me, the early entry it's not enough and it's quite an half bullshit ;)

2. Always regarding all the shows....i think that here we all agree that the 10c needs to have more servers and more powerful, but my proposal is: why don't you use to pre-filter all the requests, the length of membership to the 10c??

thanks for reading and if someone wants to answer me i appreciate.

talking 'bout the Olympics............GOD SAVE THE PEARL JAM!!!
  • simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    Organize the bootlegs better!
    Good evening...
  • JW199JW199 Posts: 5
    It would be great to have the band back to play a show sometime soon In Seattle at the Key.
    Last concert played was september 2009 and no shows played in Seattle to celebrate PJ20 (why?).
    Maybe throw in a good old warm up (fan club only) show at the Moore (wishful thinking I know...).
    Seriously though, why so few shows in Seattle (4 total since 2003 and of the four one was at the showbox and one was at Benaroya).
  • D J RawlinsD J Rawlins Posts: 105
    Will 10C be selling Eddie's solo tour posters through the site? They sold out v quickly last night in London, lots of disappointed fans including myself.

An amazing gig, Glen Hansard was really good too.
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Please release one of Eddie's Euro shows on DVD!

And please sell EV's Euro merch in the Shop.

Many thanks! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    PJ20 Bootlegs please. I would love to hear these before seeing them again this Labor Day. :)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Oh and please recognize the 2008 Benefit Show at the Beacon Theatre that occurred on 7/1/08. The Tour section feels incomplete without it there. An official bootleg, maybe Vault Series, would be nice too ;).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Alan_HAlan_H Posts: 8
    10 Club GA seperated from regular GA

Fan Club only shows

mp3 download available instantly when you purchase CD bootleg

Keep seniority, even though I'd be way down the list, I like the fact long term fans are rewarded for their commitment to the band.

A full UK tour. Belfast, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Cardiff & London. All these cities have arena's that could easily host the band.

Also an unplugged tour could be interesting to see/hear.
  • Q1. Is there any chance of setting up a european shop? I would buy more often from the website but every purchase I've made through 10c I've been stung with an import tax on top of the postage making it a very expensive purchase.

Q2. Any plans to release Eddies tour on bootleg.?
    a little visit, reminding me of his presence
  • lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Alan_H wrote:
    A full UK tour. Belfast, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Cardiff & London. All these cities have arena's that could easily host the band.

Pearl Jam the first band to play Leeds Arena when it opens next year.. well I can dream right? :)
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14