Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    An Alpine boot release certianly would be a great item this time of the year with the holidays right around the corner.

As I've said before, a set sort of like the album reissues with a CD/DVD/LP set would be awesome along with other goodies stuck inside that are specific to that weekend and also to the history of the band.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    YLed2 wrote:
    An Alpine boot release certianly would be a great item this time of the year with the holidays right around the corner.

As I've said before, a set sort of like the album reissues with a CD/DVD/LP set would be awesome along with other goodies stuck inside that are specific to that weekend and also to the history of the band.

This +100!!! :thumbup:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'd like to suggest changing the way bootlegs are organized. Right now, they are numbered separately, I.e. the main set is numbered 1 - 16, then encore 1 starts back at number 1 again instead of just carrying right through to 17, while the whole thing has the same album title. Doing it this way really screws things up once you have the boot in a media player or MP3 player. The song list looks like this: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, and so on, because in media players albums are sorted first by album title, and then by track number. Every song on the boot needs to be in sequential order. Song 1 to song 30 or whatever, including encore breaks. Can you please fix this? It's really annoying to have to go in and edit all the track numbers, and figure out what the real order of the songs is supposed to be. Thank you!! :)
    Not sure if everyone has this luxury, but I change the digital properties through iTunes for all my bootlegs. I've got a standard format that I like to use, and remove any extras like disc 1, disc 2, 1 of 16, etc. Usually have to import into iTunes at first, then go back and revise.

Works great!
    :corn:

That's exactly what he's saying. You shouldn't have to even do that. You have to spend 10 mins on every show re-configuring it. You have to re-edit all of disc 2 to say like 17 of 31 through 31 of 31, then change all of disc 1 to 01 of 31 through 16 of 31, etc... Either way you have to go in and manually re-configure something. And if it's a setlist i don't know off the top of my head, i like to be suprised, but once i go in and edit these songs, the element of surprise is gone and i know every song in the show for when i listen to it in the near future.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517
    I've not read all of the posts in this thread, so I may be repeating some in here already, but...

- Would love to see some special bootlegs from solo Eddie Vedder shows

- Any chance we'll see more frequency in vault shows?

- What's the story with the PJ20 boots?

- any chance 10 club could shoot some video of the band putting their new album together?
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    Merch idea: The Grateful Dead recently offered a limited run of a brass belt buckle (#'d on back of buckle per run of 500) that features an iconic, yet somewhat obscure logo on the front. PJ could do the same.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    BRING BACK THE STICKERS CATALOG
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    RELEASE THE BLACK SOCKS AGAIN
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    an update on the Beta issues please and thanks
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    EV boots please

Perhaps a women's shirt that delicately whispers, rather than yells Pearl Jam :lol:

Thankyou so much for absorbing the postage costs when sending to Australia - I'm pretty sure I owe 10c money at this point ;)

Oh, and a PJ world tour next year please
  • Options
    When selling the bootlegs, have the list of songs played at that concert. Not everybody will know what was played.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    RansomPTD wrote:
    When selling the bootlegs, have the list of songs played at that concert. Not everybody will know what was played.
    They already do that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RansomPTD wrote:
    They already do that.

not on the sale page they don't. you have to go to the tour-past shows area to look up the set.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RansomPTD wrote:
    They already do that.

not on the sale page they don't. you have to go to the tour-past shows area to look up the set.
    :?: I'm looking at it right now. You click on the name of the bootleg in the music section, and the whole setlist is there plus the link for buying it... But oh, you're right that it's not directly through the store (I never even noticed, since I went this way the first time) ... You just go through the Music section, and the click on Bootlegs. It's an amazingly comprehensive area on the website. Full setlists (with links for each song to details on them) and links for purchasing all boots. :) It is kind of weird that they don't just route to that area from the Shop area though. But going through the music section it's awesome. So 10C, how about just linking to this great section in the music area from the store for your bootleg sales (on behalf of AndySlash). :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Any update with the 10c Apple app?
  • Options
    If you're gonna put something on sale in the store, could you set up a sale or clearance page so we're not hunting and pecking for this stuff?

Thanks!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    how about a new winter hat?
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:

Have to agree with this. Would be cool to see a PJ winter stocking hat with the ball on top - very similar to the kind you see the players wearing on the sideline for NFL teams right now.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

Have to agree with this. Would be cool to see a PJ winter stocking hat with the ball on top - very similar to the kind you see the players wearing on the sideline for NFL teams right now.
    Or maybe a really nice winter hat for women. One without giant pompoms or huge long strings hanging off of it? Just something classy. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

Or maybe a really nice winter hat for women. One without giant pompoms or huge long strings hanging off of it? Just something classy. ;)

What would be wrong with something similar like this, but PJ themed? That's what I'm talking and would look great on women too. In fact, I'd find it extremely sexy to see some lil snow bunny rocking a PJ hat like this. It would be really cool to have something like this - I'd buy it.

ff_1058191_xl.jpg&w=180
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    djklambake wrote:
    If you're gonna put something on sale in the store, could you set up a sale or clearance page so we're not hunting and pecking for this stuff?

Thanks!

https://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21588/bey ... riday_sale
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

What would be wrong with something similar like this, but PJ themed? That's what I'm talking and would look great on women too. In fact, I'd find it extremely sexy to see some lil snow bunny rocking a PJ hat like this. It would be really cool to have something like this - I'd buy it.

ff_1058191_xl.jpg&w=180
    There is nothing wrong with that, but I would also like to see something more sleek for women - something that is not so gaudy (I mean gaudy in a good way, lol), for when they want to look a little more dressed up. You can't put on your nice boots with heels, your nice wool winter coat, and a giant orange pompom touque. That is just too casual for a lot of people. Better for walking around in the woods than walking around downtown on a Friday night. Not everyone likes bright huge pompoms on their heads. ;)
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:

Thanks!

https://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21588/bey ... riday_sale

Yep. Saw that. Saw they changed up the offerings on the home page of the goods section too.

Fanks, mang.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    10c is having a black friday sale. shipping charges on items is out-of-whack. these are two responses by santos l. halper (or 10c reps) in regards to messages from 10c/pj.com members who posted or pm'd about it:

thread re: mad season 10"
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

thread re: shipping on hoodie not in line with other hoodies
    10c via PM wrote:
    "i ordered a mexhead hoodie yesterday and shipping was $11.12 to NY.... all the other hoodies are $7.70 to ship. Why is it over $3 more to ship this one?"
    "so…the hoodie went from $55 to $15 and you're pissed about paying $11.12 to ship a 2lb package with tracking to NY? Seriously? Shipping is based on weight and destination.
    Be more than happy to cancel your order. Lemme know asap."

sometimes the things this guy says to his paying customers is just mind blowing. i've been treated well in my direct dealings with 10c, so it's even more strange to me that it happens at all. but it is a reoccurring deal that more people are remembering and it is reflecting on the 10c. and i don't like it at all.

i do love the 10c's defenders' reasonings, though. it's circular logic.
    "With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments."
    "I think the club is getting sick and tired of the same old complaints. "we want more stuff". We get more stuff. "we want more stuff but for it to be cheaper. :facepalm have you not seen how Santos gets treated around here? not only that, but it's no skin off his nose if you don't want to buy it. someone will. I think the general consensus by 10C is that they are sick and tired of answering the call from the fans for more merch and then all they get is people complaining about it."
    "Yeah, fair enough... I guess 10C is just sick of hearing the shipping complaints when the item is a steal, I dunno. Personally, I don't mind when the item is an insanely good deal. If it were an expensive item AND the shipping was out of control, then I'd care."

so people bitching about shipping are doing it so much that it's ok to reply in kind? maybe, instead of being a part of the problem, how about there actually be constructive responses as to why there is so many posts about shipping costs in the first place?

it's just... disappointing. and not surprising anymore. someone in one of those threads posted rule #14 of the posting guidelines that are often referenced by the moderators when a thread is locked, deleted, or members are banned. it says, "14. Your postings reflect upon you. Please be thoughtful and double-check to be sure you're saying something you can be proud of before you hit the Submit button. The Google and Yahoo Bots are indexing your posts and can be viewed by the world. Please do yourself proud."

so 10c's own representatives are proud of these types of responses? i can understand 10c folks being tired of incessant bitching, complaining, etc that is all over this site. no one really ever wants to deal with it and people do have breaking points. but that does not mean you should respond in any other way than professionally. these are not professional responses to a paying customer. in the first case above, santos' response was not even solicited directly! it was someone making a fair and resonable observation of the truth of a situation in a thread not even directed to 10c, just the board in general. no response would have been kinder than the one that was received. and in the second case, the poster was concise and did not even complain, rather just asked a question and got an assuming, snarky response for their troubles.

this thread asks for my voice. my voice is saying quit treating your members with disrespect and especially in public forums where everyone who is paying can see it.
  • Options
    I'd like to say that I really appreciate how much bullshit that 10C have to put up with sometimes, and think that their points about the nonsensical complaints about shipping costs of items that are on sale for next to nothing are good points. I've been "yelled at" by Kat before, and then I got over it a millisecond later. This is a community, not a store, so to expect the same kinds of relations in a community vs a store seems strange, but hey, that's just me. But anyway, thanks 10C, for putting up with our crap all the time. :D
  • Options
    it's a community, but one we pay to be a part of. we all aren't here for free anymore. i appreciate the amount of crap they have to deal with, i do- i've been in retail long enough to know you can't please everyone and that there will always be some who are louder than others making things less than desirable for the rest of us who have to deal with it. but it is still no excuse for these types of responses. and it's become a pattern of responses.

in the grand scheme of things in the world, is this a big deal? no. a first world problem, if you will. but i'd be lying if i said it didn't bother me to see this type of treatment of members from leaders of the organization we are paying customers of. and i wanted to say something about it.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    it's a community, but one we pay to be a part of. we all aren't here for free anymore. i appreciate the amount of crap they have to deal with, i do- i've been in retail long enough to know you can't please everyone and that there will always be some who are louder than others making things less than desirable for the rest of us who have to deal with it. but it is still no excuse for these types of responses. and it's become a pattern of responses.

in the grand scheme of things in the world, is this a big deal? no. a first world problem, if you will. but i'd be lying if i said it didn't bother me to see this type of treatment of members from leaders of the organization we are paying customers of. and i wanted to say something about it.
    Yep - hey, I didn't say you shouldn't post and have your voice be heard. No need to defend yourself against my comment. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I think it's being blown way out of proportion. Again, I've been cyber-yelled at by 10C, and I'm cool with that, so I don't know why a little deserved sarcasm is being taken so hard. That's all. But mostly just wanted to highlight my appreciation for the 10C staff who have to deal with all of us lunatics, and manage to keep their responses as diplomatic as they are. Not sure I could do it (yes I could - please give me a job). :)
  • Options
    10c via PM wrote:

starmap333 via PM wrote:"i ordered a mexhead hoodie yesterday and shipping was $11.12 to NY.... all the other hoodies are $7.70 to ship. Why is it over $3 more to ship this one?"

"so…the hoodie went from $55 to $15 and you're pissed about paying $11.12 to ship a 2lb package with tracking to NY? Seriously? Shipping is based on weight and destination.

How is this deserved sarcasm? It looks to me like a legitimate question as to why it costs 3$ more to post the discounted hoodie.
    Personally I have never had a problem and always received extremely good service but this is inappropriate!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    Hi Ten Club,

Can you please address the rather high shipping costs?

Thanks,

Ben
    djklambake
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    AndySlash wrote:
    10c is having a black friday sale. shipping charges on items is out-of-whack. these are two responses by santos l. halper (or 10c reps) in regards to messages from 10c/pj.com members who posted or pm'd about it:

thread re: mad season 10"
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

thread re: shipping on hoodie not in line with other hoodies
    10c via PM wrote:
    "i ordered a mexhead hoodie yesterday and shipping was $11.12 to NY.... all the other hoodies are $7.70 to ship. Why is it over $3 more to ship this one?"

sometimes the things this guy says to his paying customers is just mind blowing. i've been treated well in my direct dealings with 10c, so it's even more strange to me that it happens at all. but it is a reoccurring deal that more people are remembering and it is reflecting on the 10c. and i don't like it at all.

i do love the 10c's defenders' reasonings, though. it's circular logic.
    "With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments."
    "I think the club is getting sick and tired of the same old complaints. "we want more stuff". We get more stuff. "we want more stuff but for it to be cheaper. :facepalm have you not seen how Santos gets treated around here? not only that, but it's no skin off his nose if you don't want to buy it. someone will. I think the general consensus by 10C is that they are sick and tired of answering the call from the fans for more merch and then all they get is people complaining about it."
    "Yeah, fair enough... I guess 10C is just sick of hearing the shipping complaints when the item is a steal, I dunno. Personally, I don't mind when the item is an insanely good deal. If it were an expensive item AND the shipping was out of control, then I'd care."

so people bitching about shipping are doing it so much that it's ok to reply in kind? maybe, instead of being a part of the problem, how about there actually be constructive responses as to why there is so many posts about shipping costs in the first place?

it's just... disappointing. and not surprising anymore. someone in one of those threads posted rule #14 of the posting guidelines that are often referenced by the moderators when a thread is locked, deleted, or members are banned. it says, "14. Your postings reflect upon you. Please be thoughtful and double-check to be sure you're saying something you can be proud of before you hit the Submit button. The Google and Yahoo Bots are indexing your posts and can be viewed by the world. Please do yourself proud."

so 10c's own representatives are proud of these types of responses? i can understand 10c folks being tired of incessant bitching, complaining, etc that is all over this site. no one really ever wants to deal with it and people do have breaking points. but that does not mean you should respond in any other way than professionally. these are not professional responses to a paying customer. in the first case above, santos' response was not even solicited directly! it was someone making a fair and resonable observation of the truth of a situation in a thread not even directed to 10c, just the board in general. no response would have been kinder than the one that was received. and in the second case, the poster was concise and did not even complain, rather just asked a question and got an assuming, snarky response for their troubles.

this thread asks for my voice. my voice is saying quit treating your members with disrespect and especially in public forums where everyone who is paying can see it.
    Well said.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Different computers, different browsers, and my session only remains only with google chrome, when I close mozilla I have to log in again, however no matter which browser I use, I always have to log in to use the forum... are we still in beta?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...