Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Kelly.. the 2nd night Manchester announcement? please... offer up a plausible reason as to why NO 10c announcement? considering the amount of fans shut out by crowdsurge problems perhaps it would have been a good PR/customer care call to shout out to us early doors that there was going to be a 2nd night so that 10clubbers would have been 'in the know'.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    mikep wrote:
    Thanks for taking the questions and the responses so far.

I too am curious about the pj site slowdown during the sale...and as someone mentioned, if there was any connection from Crowdsurge to the 10C # database etc during the sale...if so, that just seems to point at something being overlooked at the pj hardware/software end. If there was no connection between the hardware/software of the two organizations at all, then indeed that is very strange/suspicious. Has 10C updated or investigated all its own databases/software/hardware after previous debacles? I assume so in general, but throwing out some ideas/suggestions that are perhaps easy to overlook.

Thanks again and best of luck going forward.

good point mike

my guess was that everyone was failing to get tix and then coming here for news... someone said only 200 were here which i don't believe... there's 222 here now and we're fine

so while they were 2 different servers... this one was getting slammed with traffic... while the crowdsurge was getting hit with the unknown sabotage?

kelly - can you confirm that the crowdsurge servers had no connection to the PJ servers?
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    I have been very happy with my 10c tickets, Vinyl, Posters.
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

Any ideas or thoughts about what I can complain about ?

yes, your inability to comprehend a thread title.. thats worth complaining about.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Please give us more as to why it took 30 hours for 10C to give an update.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    why the band choose always the same countries at Europe tour..?
    why the dont play in other countries ?
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece

Dimi bcs we are mafia countries, remember?;LOOOOOL;)))
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece

What?

Come on, you are better then this post.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

:clap:

does your clap represent the 10club members of Europe? hmmmmm thought not.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,564
    Please could you say why no London show?

Olympics?
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Someone posted up this thought...

Do a dry run fake ticket sale a few days ahead of time with exact parameters for the actual shows.

You'll get the standard 100,000 people to help and any problems would be able to be diverted for actual ticket sales.

No matter who the servers, company or service is.... you'd get a good test.

why would people show up for a fake sale?

if you want traffic... put a band signed benaroya up for raffle - to enter you need to be on a site at a certain time and perform the same actions as a ticket sale

but - we've just learned that the crowdsurge servers somehow showed no traffic on them
  • Options
    will PJ please hire me to fix the ticketing/store issues? My resume should be in the PO Box today.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Please address why it took more than 24 hours for 10C to issue any sort of statement regarding the ticketing issue. This is a huge point.
    i am going to say this one more time... we did not know what was happening..we were all working for that 24hrs to find out what was wrong.. and we still don't know.. you know what we know..
  • Options
    Even this question and answer forum is very disorganized and lacking clarity.
    Gather all the questions first .Post a statement that is addresses the members questions/concerns/suggestions.If you do not have an answer say so.
    My question is, did you get this job by what you know or who you know ?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:

No I thought it was funny, ironic and lends brevity to the thread. It doesn't ask for anything other then a laugh.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    It seems like you are answering questions beyond the European ticketing dilemma.

What was the reason to play Isle of Wight where there are NO day tickets?

Also skipping London? Olympics?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Even this question and answer forum is very disorganized and lacking clarity.
    Gather all the questions first .Post a statement that is addresses the members questions/concerns/suggestions.If you do not have an answer say so.
    My question is, did you get this job by what you know or who you know ?
    :roll:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Just logging in so if this point was made I'll find it if not....

You keep saying this never happens with other bands on ticketing days. I know you must realize what a large touring fan base Pearl Jam has. Other bands may not have the large numbers of fans that travel to many shows within one tour. We love our band and their diverse set lists and we want to continue to do this. With PJ ticket sales every city has a global crowd trying to get tickets rather than just the local crowd. Not sure what kind of traveling fans the other bands have but maybe the ticketing agencies aren't built to handle this kind of traffic?
  • Options
    laynelayne Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a question about the rice in the prices over the last year. If we look at some keyfact for examle berlin:

2000: 29,65€
    2006: 50,00€
    2009: 56,25€
    2010: 60,65€
    2012: 68,60€ (standing)

Is this the pricemodell pearl jam are looking for? If I look back to PJ20 and the tickemaster situation I get really angry about this inflation. I think this is not the philosophy of the band when I look at PJ20
  • Options
    Hang on a minute....

In 2006 I think it was, You announced a 5 show tour of Australia, with 10C tickets to one show in each City.

Melbourne #2 went on public sale with no announcement to the fans, or anyone 10 minutes before Melbourne #1.

Surely you must have some idea...especially with a 12 hour lag in time as was the case with Manchester.[/quote]
    i have been cocky in the past and it has come back to bite me…..it is a different world out there and money is tight.. again.. i would never presume anything anymore..[/quote]
    kelly coming from down under and not getting to see you as often as up north, i think you can afford to be cocky about selling out fast in Australia & NZ. It's pretty much a given
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Someone posted up this thought...

Do a dry run fake ticket sale a few days ahead of time with exact parameters for the actual shows.

You'll get the standard 100,000 people to help and any problems would be able to be diverted for actual ticket sales.

No matter who the servers, company or service is.... you'd get a good test.

why would people show up for a fake sale?

if you want traffic... put a band signed benaroya up for raffle - to enter you need to be on a site at a certain time and perform the same actions as a ticket sale

but - we've just learned that the crowdsurge servers somehow showed no traffic on them
    I like the idea... it'll help the company to test the equipment.

Anything is better then nothing.
  • Options
    YES or NO. Do you think tenclub has dealt with us (remember the 30hour silence now kelly) as good as they can, or do you think they have dealt with it poorly. Should the comunication has been better, more open etc. Yes or No. Was it as good as it could have been, or are we correct in our anger and opinion that the tenclub has delat with it bad.

YES or NO - should changes be made in how tenclub is managed or is communicating with us?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    No disrespect to my European friends......but why Europe AGAIN? 20th anniversary and two shows on American soil?
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    i have been cocky in the past and it has come back to bite me…..it is a different world out there and money is tight.. again.. i would never presume anything anymore..

Like a 5 show tour turning into a 12 show tour and costing me way more than i expected? :P

PS: Why is it us Australians don't get 10C tickets to multiple city shows but other Countries do? (I know it's slightly off topic, but lots of us have wanted to know for aaaaaaaaaaaaages)

Cheers for the answer :)
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:

No I thought it was funny, ironic and lends brevity to the thread. It doesn't ask for anything other then a laugh.

other THEN a laugh? I have no idea what that means.
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Was anyone in this lineup a suspect of the sabotage?

nickelback.jpg
    funny stuff
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Can you make a calculated guess as to whether there will be more shows announced on this tour, please. Just so we know if we should be alert.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,585
    +1
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

layne wrote:
    Hi,

I have a question about the rice in the prices over the last year. If we look at some keyfact for examle berlin:

2000: 29,65€
    2006: 50,00€
    2009: 56,25€
    2010: 60,65€
    2012: 68,60€ (standing)

Is this the pricemodell pearl jam are looking for? If I look back to PJ20 and the tickemaster situation I get really angry about this inflation. I think this is not the philosophy of the band when I look at PJ20
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    kirkerj wrote:
    Hang on a minute....

In 2006 I think it was, You announced a 5 show tour of Australia, with 10C tickets to one show in each City.

Melbourne #2 went on public sale with no announcement to the fans, or anyone 10 minutes before Melbourne #1.

Surely you must have some idea...especially with a 12 hour lag in time as was the case with Manchester.
    i have been cocky in the past and it has come back to bite me…..it is a different world out there and money is tight.. again.. i would never presume anything anymore..
    kelly coming from down under and not getting to see you as often as up north, i think you can afford to be cocky about selling out fast in Australia & NZ. It's pretty much a given[/quote]

There were only 50,000 people at Melbourne 2009....
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Tboz51 wrote:
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece

What?

Come on, you are better then this post.
    sure,but i need an official answer at this..one time only in 21 years at my country isnt much,right..?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,564
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Was anyone in this lineup a suspect of the sabotage?

nickelback.jpg
    funny stuff

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    eyejacker wrote:
    Can you make a calculated guess as to whether there will be more shows announced on this tour, please. Just so we know if we should be alert.

Yes please
This discussion has been closed.