Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    as some sort of way of making up to fans, especially at the manchester shows. would it be possible to put up a secondary barrier so far up the floor, and have a 10club members only standing area at the front.

i don't think this would be very fair. i've been a 10c member for years but i only managed to get a ticket for manchester cause my brothers fiance bought them. so would i be allowed in the section or not?
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Why is the site so slow right now?

As other posters have said, communication would help so much. Just let us know what's going on. Thanks.
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    Kelly How does it feel to have to keep pushing F5 to respond to your own chat?
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    Mr Curtis, I just wanted to point out how the site is currently crawwwwwling and there are no tickets on sale and/or nothing to "sabotage". Are the servers still humming?

Yeah somebody needs to call GoDaddy and up their plan or something. No forum should run this slow with this amount of users currently logged on.

this, this makes me think there is an issue with the site, it should not be this slow

I agree. If the forum runs this slow with this amount of users then I now completely understand why shit crashes when it's time to buy tickets (not including this most recent issue with Crowd Surge). It kind of all makes sense now in my opinion. At least I'm glad that Kelly is here to see it happen first hand.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    c'mon Kelly... why was there no 2nd night announcement? You're blatantly not answering this question... are you contractually and legally obliged NOT allowed to announce this on PJ as part of the tour negotations?

why no 2nd night announcement my friend? you know why... please enlighten us.

Mr Curtis: Please answer this Manchester issue.

Will it happen in Berlin and Amsterdam?
  • Options
    ralral Posts: 13
    dunkman wrote:
    this is beginning to get silly... please answer the 2nd night question.

you would have known about the possibility of a 2nd night... you've added salt to the wound by not announcing this via tenclub.. is this a contractual issue? just say it is...

historically you've sold out out every UK gig in a short amount of time... so why hold back on that 2nd date?

why insult us even more by not answering this question? you've answered about servers, crowdsurge, band knowledge, etc...

I know this question is in the top 2 of questions wanting an answer... why prolong the agony? you wish to mock us further?

unannounced second shows have been added based on sales forever. there were several back as far as 98-00. no big secret here.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Are there more Euro dates?

Would like to know this too! :mrgreen:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

this, this makes me think there is an issue with the site, it should not be this slow

I agree. If the forum runs this slow with this amount of users then I now completely understand why shit crashes when it's time to buy tickets (not including this most recent issue with Crowd Surge). It kind of all makes sense now in my opinion. At least I'm glad that Kelly is here to see it happen first hand.

The site never used to be this slow with this amount of traffic, kind of what makes me curious as to why it is like this now
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    for the past few years buying tickets through 10c has honestly drove me up a wall ..... and im close to taking my TICKET PURCHASES else where.

THANKS KELLY
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along[/quote]

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.[/quote]
    come on… really?[/quote]

really...i have receive numerous private messages praising that comment.....thats not our responsibility. We give you a Ulysses yearly so you can make that call boss.[/quote]

was not trying to make you mad.. seriously…i was looking for feedback/help…
    been interesting everyone.. especially you sawyer.
  • Options
    ral wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    this is beginning to get silly... please answer the 2nd night question.

you would have known about the possibility of a 2nd night... you've added salt to the wound by not announcing this via tenclub.. is this a contractual issue? just say it is...

historically you've sold out out every UK gig in a short amount of time... so why hold back on that 2nd date?

why insult us even more by not answering this question? you've answered about servers, crowdsurge, band knowledge, etc...

I know this question is in the top 2 of questions wanting an answer... why prolong the agony? you wish to mock us further?

unannounced second shows have been added based on sales forever. there were several back as far as 98-00. no big secret here.

It's still not even listed on the website! I just don't get why the ten club finds out last....
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    dunkman wrote:
    c'mon Kelly... why was there no 2nd night announcement? You're blatantly not answering this question... are you contractually and legally obliged NOT allowed to announce this on PJ as part of the tour negotations?

exactly Mr Curtis,this is the main question and what about new dates added..
    we love the band,we will go to the shows,we travel all over the planet for them...
    we will forget the hours we spent infront of the pc for order tickets..
    atleast let us know whats the plan from now on...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I'm pretty sure this whole ticket problem is Stone's fault :D
  • Options
    Hi Kelly,

Could you please tell if there are any plans on a second show in Berlin or Stockholm?

Since Stockholm sold out in like 5 minutes i think it would very appriciated with a second show.

Are you thinking of second shows at the moment in any city? When will u decide if you decide to add shows? Good to know for planning!
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I am off to bed, since in a couple of hours I will have to try and get A'dam tickets. Mr. Curtis, you wrote you love the band and your job. Do you also love the fans? Will you still answer my questions from the 3rd page? I hope to read something with content other than 'we don't know' tomorrow. And Kat or other moderators, why are you not deleting those 'funny' messages of people who don't care about the European presale and are even getting answers to their non related questions? I think I know why I don't visit this forum much...

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (disappointed, tired, and not happy at all while I should be)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    With the high demand on the general sale i got 4 tix. We are 2 Ten Clubbers and 2 first timers. It would be great to think of a way to get all of us bracelets!
    If it's a good cause, I'll play just about anything.
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    It is STILL unannounced right now,after its sold out .
    NO info on TOUR list on website WHY?
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    It is STILL unannounced right now,after its sold out .
    NO info on TOUR list on website WHY?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Come on Kelly we need this info?
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    wow

first question is, what happened? what was the "sabotage"?
    honestly, we do not know. what we do know is that since the alpine/canadian fiasco.. we have sought out the best ticketing company that we could find. we selected a state of the art company called crowd surge. who have have successfully handled massive ticket sales for paul mccartney, rhcp, and foo fighters. they've never had problems like this ever. so, we have a completely different company, system, server, staff in completely different cities.. and we have a very similar problem.... if you have any ideas.. please send our way

1. Stagger the shows.
    2. Don't time out the cart after 15 minutes; if it takes 30 minutes to check out, then all you're doing is thrashing the system as people lose their tix and have to start all over.

Your system was doing pretty good until they implemented the 15 minute timeout; that sale was of course back to a cluster----.
  • Options
    solfsolf Posts: 11
    Kelly,

As an IT pro I know that hiring a web service is not only hiring a provider that handles the requests but hiring a provider and respective service capacity that handles the requests. Meaning has PJ contract Crowdsurge at their full most premium, and expensive off course, services?

Regarding Ticketmaster, do you know that they have affiliated site doing secondary market that are already flooded with PJ tickets? Yes they are scalpers and colaborate with thim. Are management and the band aware of this?

One final comment. You can't say sabotage if you don't have the proofs! In my IT job where hundreds of clients access services everyday i would be FIRED a long time ago.....

Thanks,
    Cascais 24.11.96 Cascais 25.11.96
    Lisboa 23.05.00 Barcelona, 25.05.00 San Sebastian 26.05.00
    Lisboa 04.09.06 Lisboa 05.09.06 Verona 16.09.06 Milano 17.09.06 Athens 30.09.06
    Lisboa 08.06.07 Munich 12.06.07 Katowice 13.06.07 London 18.06.07
    London 11.08.09 Rotterdam 13.08.09 Berlin 15.08.09 Manchester 17.08.09 London 18.08.09 Seattle 21.09.09 Seattle 22.09.09 Vancouver 25.09.09 Philadelphia 30.10.09 Philadelphia 31.10.09
    Dublin 22.06.10 Belfast 23.06.10 London 25.06.2010 Berlin 30.06.2010 Gdnyia 01.07.2010 Lisboa 10.07.2010
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your time..really appreciated. i know it's late in europe.. i will continue to answer new questions…. that come along..
  • Options
    Kelly

sorry to be a downer but im not impressed by either the questions you chose to answer nor the responses.

I am mad that a second show happed that i had no chance to be at and recon 10club should know about any other surprises first !!!!
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 22, 1995 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 14, 1998 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 15, 1998 // Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 30, 1999 // Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000 // Wembley Arena - May 30, 2000 // Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000 (met Ed) // Paramount Theater, Seattle - Mar 18, 2005 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006 // Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009 // Hyde Park - June 25,2010 // Bilbao BBK - July 9, 2010 // PJ20 Alpine Valley - Sept 3 & 4, 2011 // Manchester - June 20, 2012 (met wife) // Amsterdam - June 26, 2012 // Prague - July 2, 2012 // Berlin - July 4, 2012 // Stockholm - July 7, 2012 // Oslo - July 9, 2012 // Copenhagen - July 10, 2012 // Philadelphia - October 21, 2013 // Leeds - July 8, 2014 // Prague - July 1, 2018 // Gold Coast - Nov 13, 2024
  • Options
    Could ticketmaster/live nation be the Saboteur...?
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your time..really appreciated. i know it's late in europe.. i will continue to answer new questions…. that come along..

This is worth waiting up for Kelly! :-)
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    Why say you suspect Sabotage when you now say "you don't know". Why come to the conclusion it must be sabotage just because you don't know what caused it?

Are sabotage fucking the forum now too?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thank you Kelly.

I think everyone knows you care.

Some things are not controllable...even by the greatest bands / people.

Thanks for talking with us.

Off to bed now!!
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    KC,
    What is good?

If the band was to fire you, where can I send my resume? 20 years ago, I used to manage my buddies band when we were in high school. I have mad skills.

So here's my question, in all seriousness, was it ever a consideration after the first day of sales to simply cancel all tickets purchased and start all over? Seems to me that if there was some sabotage involved, then cancelling all the tickets purchased on day 1, would of at least taken the tickets off the guilty parties hands.
  • Options

You haven't answered one of my questions from early in the thread.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    martin gmartin g Posts: 105
    Hi Kelly,Thanks for doing this,we all apprecite you taking your time out to do this!
    London 29/05/00, Dublin 23/08/06, London 18/06/07, London 18/08/09, Manchester 21/06/12, EV London 30/07/12, Milton Keynes 11,07,2014
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    oh and no offence Mr Curtis... are you suggesting to us, the fans, that the 2nd night has never been discussed with you? Are you suggesting that TM sell the 2nd night out and then dictate to the band that they MUST play a 2nd night?

please do not insult our intelligence... the band, the mgt and all staff would have known about a 2nd night so why could that not have been announced before TM released tickets? I know for a fact that webpages can be set to go live at certain times... i.e. a news item on PJ could have been set to go live at 8.55am UK time this morning with info about the 2nd night.

You're evading the most burning questions. Whilst i'm sure everyone appreciates the fact you are here.. please don't skip the most emotive points. :)

let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know.
This discussion has been closed.