Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:
    I have been very happy with my 10c tickets, Vinyl, Posters.
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

Any ideas or thoughts about what I can complain about ?

:clap:

Plenty of people in this thread are already doing a great job of complaining about stuff that doesn't pertain to themselves...seems like some people just want to use this session as an opportunity to complain, even though they probably couldn't care less about anyone elses ticketing experience.
  • Options
    I'm curious why we never heard from Tim during the ticketing problems. Is he still 10Club president?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Please could you say why no London show?

Olympics?

nothing to do with the Euorpean Presale.. c'mon guys... London gets a lot of shows... lets keep it to the pertinent questions.

i.e 2nd night announcement has yet to be ANSWERED!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    Reminder: Please review what has already been asked/answered before posting so that Kelly can get to as many of your unique questions/issues as possible.

Thank you
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Kelly---can you just do traveling fans a solid and let us know if an American tour is being discussed.......I think at this juncture that would be fair.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Tboz51 wrote:
    why the band choose always the same countries at Europe tour..?
    why the dont play in other countries ?
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece

What?

Come on, you are better then this post.
    sure,but i need an official answer at this..one time only in 21 years at my country isnt much,right..?

Not at all and there was nothing wrong with your question either.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Please could you say why no London show?

Olympics?

nothing to do with the European Presale.. c'mon guys... London gets a lot of shows... lets keep it to the pertinent questions.

i.e 2nd night announcement has yet to be ANSWERED!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    is it just a case of too much traffic overwhelming the server? whether it be crowdsurge or 10c?

or is it not even known if that is the problem?
    servers were fine.... humming along
  • Options
    Hi Kelly. Here's a question and a comment for you. Why all the interest in answering these types of questions with us now? We've had the nighmare for years and recently the PJ20 and Ed solo shows were both a disaster. Nothing was addressed then. What makes this Euro tour ticketing issue more significant than these other two?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    JimmyV wrote:
    Please address why it took more than 24 hours for 10C to issue any sort of statement regarding the ticketing issue. This is a huge point.
    i am going to say this one more time... we did not know what was happening..we were all working for that 24hrs to find out what was wrong.. and we still don't know.. you know what we know..
    Thats not the point. The point is why couldn't you give out any kind of statement during that time? Why couldn't you address the problem atleast two hours before you finally did? It was in the middle of the night in central Europe when you finally did it.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    Why don't bands even larger than PJ have these fanclub ticketing problems? (Bruce, Petty, Phish, DMB)
    most of those are Ticketmaster fan clubs. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. nothing wrong with that, but just so you know. our goal was to keep Ten Club independent. we felt there were advantages to that. do these other fan clubs you mention really never have ticketing problems?
  • Options
    Hi Kelly. Here's a question and a comment for you. Why all the interest in answering these types of questions with us now? We've had the nighmare for years and recently the PJ20 and Ed solo shows were both a disaster. Nothing was addressed then. What makes this Euro tour ticketing issue more significant than these other two?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,153
    Some please enlighten me - what was the post cards and money orders system???.

Back in the day, the 10c would send out an order sheet for fan club tickets. It would list the shows on the leg of the tour (or legS?). You would choose your 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice. It was first come first serve. Shows sold out back then too, especially in bigger markets, so thats why you had to select backup choices. It was a bit less stressfull, but had a few drawbacks.

1) No confirmation of tickets before the public onsale. It was all snailmail, and you're tickets didn't arrive in the mail until after they went on sale to the public. Those few weeks waiting could be nerveracking (in fact I bought an extra pair for the '98 missoula show as backups).

2) It was first come first serve. Which isn't horrible, but it made everyone paranoid. So everyone paid extra cash for couriers to deliver the order sheets and money orders.. lol.. so extra expenses :)
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Why was sabotage mentioned at all then?
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    can you tell us the ticketing issue will be fixed by the next tour announcement ?????

you know the problem ... its a hacker issue ..there has to be an easy fix ......
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    what are you doing right now to fix this or to get the people behind the "sabotage", we can give you ideas but I think you should hire an expert and get this thing rolling as it should be, I don't think can be that hard in the year 2011!!!
    thanks!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:
    I have been very happy with my 10c tickets, Vinyl, Posters.
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

Any ideas or thoughts about what I can complain about ?

:clap:

Plenty of people in this thread are already doing a great job of complaining about stuff that doesn't pertain to themselves...seems like some people just want to use this session as an opportunity to complain, even though they probably couldn't care less about anyone elses ticketing experience.

3 hours online?

I'd take that over the 8 hours of hitting F5 that I did....

Sorry the answers didn't come out for 30 hours... but Kelly has nothing to do with that.... he hired a company. Ask them..
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
  • Options

Back in the day, the 10c would send out an order sheet for fan club tickets. It would list the shows on the leg of the tour (or legS?). You would choose your 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice. It was first come first serve. Shows sold out back then too, especially in bigger markets, so thats why you had to select backup choices. It was a bit less stressfull, but had a few drawbacks.

1) No confirmation of tickets before the public onsale. It was all snailmail, and you're tickets didn't arrive in the mail until after they went on sale to the public. Those few weeks waiting could be nerveracking (in fact I bought an extra pair for the '98 missoula show as backups).

2) It was first come first serve. Which isn't horrible, but it made everyone paranoid. So everyone paid extra cash for couriers to deliver the order sheets and money orders.. lol.. so extra expenses :)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:
    Do you think that the growing rift in many fans' eyes between Pearl Jam / Ten Club is a problem? Isn't this a PJ management issue?
    everything pj is a management issue.. the good or bad...

I guess so, and there is a lot of good for you all to take credit for. I just think the current scenario of 'Love Pearl Jam / Hate Ten Club' is a very destructive one, with a pessimistic outlook. I think you coming here and answering questions directly is major progress actually. So, thanks. And thanks for answering
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    You ask for help.. Can we look at the logs of the said servers that went down? I work in that field and may be able to lend a hand
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Anymore dates planned for rest of Euro tour?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    kelly, not a question but the one thing you and 10c need to do is communicate better...even if you don't know what's going on come here and tell us...doesn't take much for tim to make a post and it will alleviate the anger and frustration amongst the fanbase

thanks for doing this and hope to see the band in 2012 (btw, los angeles is quite a big market ;) )
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Better Dan wrote:
    Question: Why won't Pearl Jam play The South? :mrgreen::D8-)

-Signed, a Texan
    never say never

You're making an Arizonan smile, KC.

(Thanks for jumping on today)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    ralral Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    There have been issues with your online ticketing for years, maybe even since its inception. Philly in 05, Vic and other Euro shows 07, MSG every time, and I'm sure plenty of other times. Are we to believe that someone has sabotaged the site for 6 years?

TIm blamed the database for issues 6 months ago. Was Crowdsurge accessing the DB this time around?
    Post edited by ral on
  • Options
    ralral Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    Post edited by ral on
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,533
    Zod wrote:

Oh right...thanks for the explanation!

Guess no system is flawless...
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited December 2011
    Post edited by norm on
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Sawyer wrote:
    Why don't bands even larger than PJ have these fanclub ticketing problems? (Bruce, Petty, Phish, DMB)
    most of those are Ticketmaster fan clubs. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. nothing wrong with that, but just so you know. our goal was to keep Ten Club independent. we felt there were advantages to that. do these other fan clubs you mention really never have ticketing problems?

they really do not and no offense Kelly....but something I am shocked you do not comparatively know.
This discussion has been closed.