Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to hear us, personally I think you have balls coming in here! :D

I'd just like to know of you will give us a personal guarantee that communication with the fans here will be more of a priority in the future? I think much of the anger comes from a feeling of detachment and people begin to think "why bother?".

Secondly some advice if I may.... a way of reducing the heat on the 10C servers: PLAY THE SOUTH :D

And by that I mean the south of the US AND Europe :D

Many thanks,

Mike.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    is it over? Shabbot Shalom everyone (you too Adam if you read this).
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    :D Thank you Kelly. Love you, 10CLUB &Pearljam. The question is do you love us too. Because all you need is love
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I have a question....where's Kelly?
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    hitting F5? ;)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Thanks for taking your time to be here Kelly,

I've been a fan since day one, 20 years, my love for the bands music will always remain. But as a consumer, and I think I speak for many people, we're all feeling let down by 10c over the past couple of years. And not just on this particular issue, but also including the Blu-Ray fiasco, backpacks, hiked shipping followed by delays, holiday singles/mags never arriving, not to mention previous ticketing pre-sales.

I have no doubt the people behind pearl jam & 10c are good people, hard-working people and I appreciate all of their efforts over the last two decades, a time in which both the global economic & music industry climates have changed dramatically. But It just doesn't seem like there is any point in belonging to 10c anymore? What are we getting exactly? We pay for a service that is repeatedly not being provided to the expectations we expect. Perhaps there is a need to under-promise & over-deliver, instead of vice-versa.

In any case, there seems to be an overwhelming cause of concern here for one issue above all others, one that in going forward for 10c needs to be addressed first. luckily, in this day & age it is also the easiest.

Communication.

Even if there is not alot you can say, communicate. That much we deserve. Even you being here today is a step in the right direction, so once again I thank you for that.

This forum doesn't need to be a lynch mob, we just all need to be heading in the same direction. For now I will be keeping my money in my wallet, my 10c number can lapse, that's fine. That's not to say that I wouldn't rejoin in the future, I would happily pay my yearly subscription if I thought I was actually receiving it's worth.

In that regard I hope that some of this feedback is helpful to you & that out of this adversity sees some better systems implemented to see the band & it's management reproduce the high standards it has set itself over the past 20 years.

Have a safe & Merry Christmas Kelly
    Kind Regards,
    James
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    chinobaeza wrote:
    hitting F5? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Cheers for coming on here and putting up with so much angry people with serious self-entitlement issues!

I appreciate your answers and realise this situation is nowhere near where you would like it to be either.

P.s. Please don't be put off playing scotland by dunkman
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:

Kelly left and the site is running pretty smoothly now. Did we find our saboteur?!?! :lol:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Uh screw a raffle, seriously.

I seriously don't get why people are so against this. When you buy tickets from 10C it's basically a raffle anyway. You don't get to pick your tickets, you get what you get. I have never been able to get tickets from 10C in part because NYC shows and Philly shows sell fast, but I would rather not sit at the computer 3 times every show (10C sale, Ticketmaster pre-sale, and finally Public sale) and only get lucky on the third try. I would rather put in a request and be stress free. I actually think I would have more of a shot of getting tickets.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    1. Their plan to tour Europe has nothing to do with this or the situation.

2. I think I, and others, have the right to be upset and "dreadful". Watch me being happy in June or whenever. Right now - I act as negative as I want to. But sit their with your smile if tou want to, don't tell me how to feel or behave. If people like me and others did not show our disdain towards this situation and the lack of communication Curtis wouldnt even be on here.

Each to their own but if I felt as negative as the comments you make I'd be gone and wouldn't be coming back. I couldn't be contemplating seeing a band whilst feeling so much vitriol to them...

I agree that the situation is unacceptable but so have been a lot of the comments made over the last couple of days. We're all frustrated but surely we should be pulling together not apart???
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    UKDave wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Does anyone really?

Not enough, no but I've been reading this guys posts over the last couple of days and the tone is just dreadful... if you genuinely believe things are that bad then why the hell bother?

My feelings precisely. There's a lot of that around here.
  • Options
    is it just a case of too much traffic overwhelming the server? whether it be crowdsurge or 10c?

or is it not even known if that is the problem?
    servers were fine.... humming along

Seems to me at this sale AND at past sales on this website, the crunch comes when too many people try to check out at one time. It seems to always fail at checkout time.
  • Options
    Kelly,

Phish uses MusicToday through a lottery type system. You put requests in for each show that you would like to attend and they let you know a week later if you won the lottery/tickets for one or all the shows you were wanting. The tickets allocated for Lottery Requests are random and located sporadically all over the venue.

I'm curious if you have looked or will look into operating this same model? And if so, would the block of tickets for each show be randomly located through the venue or could TenClub still secure the same tickets (the closest ones) that are based off seniority? I'm not sure how that "fan club deal" works with each venue you contract with so I am curious to know if this could be an option.

Thanks for taking the questions. I met you in KC a couple years ago and i told you "thanks for all the hard work you do" and I still mean that
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    Thanks, much appreciated for putting up with us crazy bunch...
    Gonna see my friends... Tour or no tour. :-)
  • Options
    WolfswellWolfswell Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    chinobaeza wrote:

I really hope given the lack of communication, Kelly wouldn't go without saying g'night...

...?
    Post edited by Wolfswell on
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Do you feel the hiring of 81 will increase the 10c fan moral?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I like the ticket system as it is... take away the Alpine/Euro issues an aside from the busiest cities its fairly smooth.

I hate raffles.. lots of nervous waiting. At least with a straight sale there's SOME of the fate of the sale in your hand. There's no real tricks, but just feeling like my F5 finger can get me in is cooler to me than a lottery.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Wolfswell wrote:
    chinobaeza wrote:

I really hope given the lack of communication, Kelly wouldn't go without saying g'night...

...?
    it says down below hes still around somewher
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    In all seriousness I think we are finally going to see some changes.....I think Kelly is pissed....professional but pissed.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    anyway,that was a try for make things better,,hope problems will be solved and we will deal with music shows and not with all this thing,that fucked up all the exitement of the tour
    thanks for your time,and see u all at the shows..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    edited December 2011
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know.

that would make a huge difference. thank you.
    Post edited by dunkman on
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Dino MachinoDino Machino Kitchener, Ontario Posts: 9
    energyman1 wrote:
    Hey Kelly,

It is really nice of you to take the time to do this.

My question is:

Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

Peace,

Brian
    believe me… this is being talked about very seriously….

Any chance of trying this if any new shows were added on this tour???
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276
    edited December 2011
    UKDave wrote:
    Is this a remotely positive situation?

Nothing positive in the fact we are getting a European tour and we have another chance to see the best live band on the planet? No? OK keep on bitching then...

I've read a number of your posts over the last couple of days and must say they come across as the most negative I have read in a long long time. Seriously if you feel that bad towards the band and the management then jog on.

He is entitled to "bitch". He/she (sorry, haven't clarified) has paid for the privilege.

Imagine you pay for a place in a queue (presumably whatever is at the end means a lot to you), the queue does not move for 30 hours. You are not communicated with by anyone official other than to tell you what you are already abundantly aware of,..."something is wrong." Eventually, you are told to disperse and come back tomorrow where the queue (which you have no guaranteed place in) is going to be exponentially bigger that it was for those 30 wasted hours, so much so, that you might not get in at all. Then imagine a second queue has formed and been let in (to the thing that means so much) without you knowing.

His/her complaints and negativity are perfectly justified.
    Post edited by Eilian on
  • Options
    How to properly navigate this thread:

Scroll as fast as you can while reading until you come upon KellyCurtis. Stop, read, repeat.

Many have good questions but the bitching and moaning is unbelievable. I've followed this band all over the place and they are the BEST to their fans. They do more than anyone ever considers.

Listen, cheer, appreciate.

Thanks for talking to us Kelly.
    You can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Sawyer wrote:
    In all seriousness I think we are finally going to see some changes.....I think Kelly is pissed....professional but pissed.

I agree. How the issuses we've experienced in the past 6 years has escaped management is beyond me, but at least they're aware.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Hello Kelly and all the PJ fans,

me and my boyfriend are getting married in May and we have decided that our honeymoon would be in a PJ tour if there were any. we got lucky and happy when we started hearing the rumours and then... we were soooo much happy when we knew the confirmation... and in north europe, that we don't know... much better!

We're from Portugal, by the way.

It'se incredible that, more difficult than getting all things ready, it's to get our honeymoon in peace and serenity.

After the mess to get tickets to Alpine, we were expecting that this would be easier.

'Cause we know how much the band care for us, the fans.

We have to be happy that there is such a demand for PJ concerts, of course! I'm not here to say that I won't renew my memembership or that I won't be in any tour anymore... I know that's not posible!!! I'm not rancorous, I won't ask for a formal and bang-bang apologize.

I think that what we all most wanted is for you to understand (really, really understand) that we are really concerned about all the facilities we were told we would have in this situations, and that we don't see...

Please, get this in consideration and try to fix this problems in former tours.

I'm a patient fan, but in the same measure, I know that this won't last forever. Hope to get better and helthier ticket pre-sales in future.

Anyway, see you all in our honeymoon! (hope so...)
    Best regards,

Joana.
    "that what you fear the most, could meet you halfway"
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Each to their own but if I felt as negative as the comments you make I'd be gone and wouldn't be coming back. I couldn't be contemplating seeing a band whilst feeling so much vitriol to them...
    When have I shown "vitriol" (had to google that word) against the band? I think it would have been a nice gesture from them putting out a statement, saying a few words to the fans regarding what has happend. But that's about it. So, you will have to be more precise I think regarding my hate towards Pearl Jam. i love them. I listen to them right now, to loud even for this late hour.
    Phish uses MusicToday through a lottery type system. You put requests in for each show that you would like to attend and they let you know a week later if you won the lottery/tickets for one or all the shows you were wanting. The tickets allocated for Lottery Requests are random and located sporadically all over the venue.
    I mean why not? Through a form you request tickets for a show or several or whatever. Person A, B and C "wins" the lottery and then their seioniry decides who gets the best seats. Seemes like no different than how it works today, only people don't need the "first on the ball" stress we have today. It's still a lottery pretty much.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Eilian wrote:
    He is entitled to "bitch". He/she (sorry, haven't clarified) has paid for the privilege.

Imagine you pay for a place in a queue (presumably whatever is at the end means a lot to you), the queue does not move for 30 hours. You are not communicated with by anyone official other than to tell you what you are already abundantly aware,..."something is wrong." Eventually, you are told to disperse and come back tomorrow where the queue (which you have no guaranteed place in) is going to be exponentially bigger that it was for those 30 wasted hours, so much so, that you might not get in at all. Then imagine a second queue has formed and been let in (to the thing that means so much) without you knowing.

His/her complaints and negativity are perfectly justified.

Why would I have to imagine it, I've just experienced it... just reacted differently.
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    I think I deserve backstage for Berlin and Stockholm after all I went through this week...;)) still love the band no matter what;)

what are the odds i wonder?

Peace & Love
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012