Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    RW8297 wrote:
    Why are you, after 20 years of doing this, still so badly organized??? You charge us 50$ a year. You should be more responsible for your deeds. Sometimes we feel like you don't care,..
    no way to convince you . but we all really do care.. we all love this band and our jobs.
  • Options
    - Will there be any measures to "compensate" the 10c members that were caught in this nightmare and didn't score any desired tickets for this tour?
    working on ideas..

maybe a meet&greet for 10clubbers only after the shows
    or
    a front of stage area for 10clubbers

for example...

ideas are numerous
  • Options
    Mr Curtis:

Why has Ticketmaster selling tickets to Manchester second night without previous warning from 10c? Without pre-sale. In my membership contract i´m allowed to pre-sale. There was no announcement to Manchester 21st.
    WHY?

Will the same happen for Berlin and Amsterdam? You know that PJ sell out arenas easily. Why don´t book all dates at once?
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    joe2468 wrote:
    can you tell us the ticketing issue will be fixed by the next tour announcement ?????

you know the problem ... its a hacker issue ..there has to be an easy fix ......

did you miss the part where he said they don't know what the issue was? there was no sign of hacking. the servers were running along fine

if there's an easy fix then he and i would like to hear it?
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,265
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kelly

As you may know Pearl Jam hasn't played in Sweden and Norway since year 2000 and Copenhagen since 2007. The tickets in Oslo was sold out after 3 minutes (talked to the ticket booth, all tickets in carts after 3 minutes), Copenhagen was sold out after 6 minutes and Stockholm after 3 Hours.

A lot of the 10C members in these three countries wasn't lucky to get tickets. (hard to wait 12 years and finally you have a gig in youre country but without a ticket)

1. Why not after 12 years of non PJ concerts release 10C tickets to the fans in that specific country first, before rest of the world wide 10C members?

2. is it possible to make a 2nd date in any of these countries (Sweden, Norway and Denmark) and make it 10C only gig, with special limited Nordic member pre-sale?

3. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and others play in the Nordic countries in 2012 because we don't have the Euro (€) here. Is this the main reason for Pearl Jam to? Afraid of an Euro crash and therefor play in a lot of non Euro countries.

4. Please don't wait another 12 years to come back here again, 2024 is far far away ;)

Thanks. Tobias Swedish member since 1993
    Post edited by WhyNotSweden on
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Will the seated 10c tickets that were sold through the pre-sale still be the better seats in the block and not behind those released back to the public sale?

Have our personal and credit card details been compromised due to the "Sabotage"?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    You ask for help.. Can we look at the logs of the said servers that went down? I work in that field and may be able to lend a hand

Good question...
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Brisk. wrote:
    Anymore dates planned for rest of Euro tour?
    + atlease let us know...your European fan base travelling all the continent for the band..please let us know asap
    for book our travel right,or leave the window open for this so we dont book yet
    thanks
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Some please enlighten me - what was the post cards and money orders system???.

Back in the day, the 10c would send out an order sheet for fan club tickets. It would list the shows on the leg of the tour (or legS?). You would choose your 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice. It was first come first serve. Shows sold out back then too, especially in bigger markets, so thats why you had to select backup choices. It was a bit less stressfull, but had a few drawbacks.

1) No confirmation of tickets before the public onsale. It was all snailmail, and you're tickets didn't arrive in the mail until after they went on sale to the public. Those few weeks waiting could be nerveracking (in fact I bought an extra pair for the '98 missoula show as backups).

2) It was first come first serve. Which isn't horrible, but it made everyone paranoid. So everyone paid extra cash for couriers to deliver the order sheets and money orders.. lol.. so extra expenses :)

However, this system worked very well. Keep in mind 10 club changed the preference policy to allow all shows in a tour. In 2003 I ordered and bought tickets to all the shows I wanted to attend. Never had a problem....
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    JimmyV wrote:
    Please address why it took more than 24 hours for 10C to issue any sort of statement regarding the ticketing issue. This is a huge point.
    i am going to say this one more time... we did not know what was happening..we were all working for that 24hrs to find out what was wrong.. and we still don't know.. you know what we know..

kc,

I might rephrase the question being posed as there seems to be a need on your part to miss the point.

Why was the NO communication at all for 24hrs+?

A statement that says there's a huge problem and we're looking into it and will be aback to you as soon as we have any sort of answer.

In the meantime,we the management, band and all concerned with Pearl Jam have been reading your posts and understand how confused and disappointed you are.

We have nothing to give you right now except to say we are so sorry this is happening and that you,loyal,passionate fans are having to go through this.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. We know this doesnt put everything right but we are truly sorry and as concerned as you.

AS SOON as we have ANY information we will come right here with it asap.

Again, we are looking into this and apologise.

Yours sincerely.

I think something like this might have help those of us who were utterly in the dark and felt like no-one gave a damn.

Thanks,

Tom
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Um... Australian tour in 2012?

Just thought I'd ask..

8-)
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Hi Kelly. Here's a question and a comment for you. Why all the interest in answering these types of questions with us now? We've had the nighmare for years and recently the PJ20 and Ed solo shows were both a disaster. Nothing was addressed then. What makes this Euro tour ticketing issue more significant than these other two?
    You obviously did not participate in this presale or you would know the difference. I bought PJ20 tickets but it was nowhere as bad as what happened this week.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Hi Kelly,

Just one question, why has there been no announcement about the second Manchester show?? A lot of people from 10c missed out on standing tickets/good seats as they simply didn't know about it.....

Cheers and thanks for everything (no sarcasm, I'm being serious!)

Can't wait for June 2012:-)
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    I also love the band..and all the people who work there are great...But...

There are 234 people on the board now and it is amazingly slow .....
    This seems very strange....
    I hope this is a test to find the bad guy because if it isnt the sever is having issues...

Cheers and thanks for the work

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Hi Kelly. Here's a question and a comment for you. Why all the interest in answering these types of questions with us now? We've had the nighmare for years and recently the PJ20 and Ed solo shows were both a disaster. Nothing was addressed then. What makes this Euro tour ticketing issue more significant than these other two?
    You obviously did not participate in this presale or you would know the difference. I bought PJ20 tickets but it was nowhere as bad as what happened this week.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Hopper wrote:
    Mr. Curtis- I appreciate your willingness to listen and respond to the core base...

the ticketing issues did not just suddenly arise with this sale, in fact, there have been issues with ticket sales for several years...the responses from the 10c seem to be "stuff happens"...or no response at all...or, "so many people trying to get a small number of tickets, sorry"...but we are talking about multiple sales, over at least 6 years that have been disastrous...

my questions:

Does the band know about the numerous ticket sale fiascos that have taken place over the past years, and why was it not a concern until now?

Can you and the band implement a more "open" line of communication between the 10c and the fans/forums?...it seems like there is a very strict policy of any release of infomation by moderators...when they are the closest to the fan base and can easily clear up misconceptions and falsities...

How is information passed from band management to 10c management...official press release? email? phone call? snail mail letter?

Who is responsible for updating the website, and why is there no consistency in respect to when items are released and the announment of such releases?
    you are not wrong at all… we have been chasing this thing every year since technology became a player and the primary way people purchase tickets… info comes in at all times and places….. and we have to make sure . depending on what the subject that it is correct and that the band.. the whole band has signed off.. that can be a task in itself...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    why the band cant make some only 10c fan club members shows?
    hope you understand Greekglish..lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    How come Finland was (once again) skipped?? All other Nordic countries got a gig, but not us :(

kp
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    Kelly thanks for being here.

Dunkman's unanswered question has to fully answered though.. There is still no official announcement from PJ of the second show.
    Can you imagine a show being announced in NEW York say by ticketmaster and it sells out before it is even mentioned on this site? Not gonna happen.

You keep saying you didn't announce anything for 30 hours because you didn't know what was happening.But all most people here wanted was a simple statement at the time stating this.

Thanks
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Kelly---Do you think the band hiring 'friends' early in their career has caught up with them from a competent business standpoint?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    c'mon Kelly... why was there no 2nd night announcement? You're blatantly not answering this question... are you contractually and legally obliged NOT allowed to announce this on PJ as part of the tour negotations?

why no 2nd night announcement my friend? you know why... please enlighten us.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    The title of this thread is a DIALOGUE WITH KELLY
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a dialogue.. you are not addressing our concerns..

I wll not longer pay the PJ TAX.. You will no longer get my membership

Wheres our HOLIDAY SINGLE FOMR LAST YEAR let alone this year
    and then insult us with this crap..

are you really living up to your own claim:
    Our promise to do our darndest to get you the BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world and early entry to general admission performances

Pearl Jam? What the hell happened to you in the last two years i- its all commercial now.. from rip off re-releases.. to crappy show line ups and now this crap!!!

I guess PJ have succumbed to getting their retirement fundi n place like all other commercial rock bands..

(...Oh how it pains me to even say that...!!!)
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Hey buddy. I'm on your side. So take it down a notch ok?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    Hi Kelly

3. Does Pearl Jam ever return after 2012 to the nordic countries? Do we have to wait another 12 years to a chance to get tickets for a Pearl Jam gig in the home country?

12 years is nothing, try 19 ;)

Kelly : Was a show in Finland on the planning board, I know Livenation Finland made an offer and there's a big festival on the same weekend as the Stockholm show?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,066
    Sawyer wrote:
    Kelly---can you just do traveling fans a solid and let us know if an American tour is being discussed.......I think at this juncture that would be fair.

Please don't mind this guy, Kelly. When he's not asking inane, self-serving questions, he's busy running a flea market in the Lost Dogs section of this forum.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    what are you doing right now to fix this or to get the people behind the "sabotage", we can give you ideas but I think you should hire an expert and get this thing rolling as it should be, I don't think can be that hard in the year 2011!!!
    thanks!

:roll:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    E.K wrote:
    Um... Australian tour in 2012?

Just thought I'd ask..

8-)

Ed said 2013...

Seeing as i clearly missed Europe 2012 i mgiht come home for this one
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    is it just a case of too much traffic overwhelming the server? whether it be crowdsurge or 10c?

or is it not even known if that is the problem?
    servers were fine.... humming along

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what this means and how the jump was made to sabotage. Are you now saying that it wasn't sabotage, and you don't know what the problem was? If so, why does the 10C statement point to sabotage. The forums are currently going really slow, probably because many people are interested in this thread and there are many fans logged on. Prior to that "servers were fine.....humming along." How do you differentiate between a traffic issue and sabotage? Is the only evidence you have so far is that the servers were fine before the presale and that both 10C and crowdsurge have had problems?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Duncs wrote:
    Is our personal information safe? Do we need to be worried about our credit card information?
    we have been assured by CrowdSurge that your credit card information is secure.
This discussion has been closed.