EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Communication is the key to any good business. Clearly, tenclub has dropped the ball during this whole ticket fiasco and at times in the past. I don't think there would be a need for a Q&A if details, updates, information were promptly relayed to the masses.

What plans are in place for the future communication between the band and its engine, the fans?

Also, giving us a heads up about future tour plans would be great since many of us plan to take vacation or holiday when PJ tours.

Thanks!
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    Thanks for taking the questions and the responses so far.

I too am curious about the pj site slowdown during the sale...and as someone mentioned, if there was any connection from Crowdsurge to the 10C # database etc during the sale...if so, that just seems to point at something being overlooked at the pj hardware/software end. If there was no connection between the hardware/software of the two organizations at all, then indeed that is very strange/suspicious. Has 10C updated or investigated all its own databases/software/hardware after previous debacles? I assume so in general, but throwing out some ideas/suggestions that are perhaps easy to overlook.

Thanks again and best of luck going forward.
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Someone posted up this thought...

Do a dry run fake ticket sale a few days ahead of time with exact parameters for the actual shows.

You'll get the standard 100,000 people to help and any problems would be able to be diverted for actual ticket sales.

No matter who the servers, company or service is.... you'd get a good test.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited December 2011
    Do you think it would be better to have fanclubmembers onluy being able to buy tickets to ONE SHOW (or one show during a certain amount of time during presale). In other words, would you agree it would be better to let 10 members get 1 pair of tickets each to 10 shows than 1 member get 10 pair of tickets to 10 shows? What is the most fair between the two towards the fans when there are not tickets for everyone?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SCHSCH Easton CT Posts: 59
    Come on Kelly - somebody screwed up - yet again. Tell us how it's going to get better next time please?
  • mfcbmwmfcbmw baltimore Posts: 41
    everything the band does now seems so difficult to particpate in as a fan club member. backpacks, bluray box sets, tickets, extensive tours. etc. long time members like myself are just shaking there heads wondering what has happened here. ever since 2006, its been a challenge. need to re-evaluate the whole ten club system. bring in some new blood.
    jim
  • Sawyer wrote:
    I feel sometimes we are given 1/2 truths about touring info.....like as an American I feel tempted to go to Europe but when I do I know a US tour will be announced. Could this info be given out in a more timely manner? Why in this band's 20th anniversary have they not hit their home city?
    we cannot announce everything at once because we don't alway know what we are doing … once we get through routing, venues, time period , personal schedules.. we move on to the next.. this band has never planned very far ahead.. thus keeping it real and fresh always.. and not one big treadmill obligation….
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mikep wrote:
    Thanks for taking the questions and the responses so far.

I too am curious about the pj site slowdown during the sale...and as someone mentioned, if there was any connection from Crowdsurge to the 10C # database etc during the sale...if so, that just seems to point at something being overlooked at the pj hardware/software end. If there was no connection between the hardware/software of the two organizations at all, then indeed that is very strange/suspicious. Has 10C updated or investigated all its own databases/software/hardware after previous debacles? I assume so in general, but throwing out some ideas/suggestions that are perhaps easy to overlook.

Thanks again and best of luck going forward.

To add to this, even the forum has been incredibly slow of late
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    It seems to me that there are a lot of nuances and processes, we the fan dont know about.

As lots i people have said in previous posts, perhaps explaining how it all works from your perspective to set up a tour and the tix, might make us understand things a bit clearer, because im confused as to why some of the issues you mention are propping up. And if i am I am sure others are too
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    Could you ask the venues to have a separete fenced off front section on the floor for wristband holders ( + others on first come first served basis if still enough room)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    have you thought about doing pre sales the way that dave matthews band and phish do theirs?
    with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today.
    kc

perhaps not...but if you are doing a random lotto in house, the event could be any where in teh world...wouldn't matter.

it's the concept
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    choop wrote:
    Kelly,

Music Today handles lotteries for Phish and Dave Matthews Band:

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

Usually a week period, no server issues, credit cards safe, and they print the tickets on custom stock so it's a nice bonus. No crashing whatsoever, and completely fair.

These bands play the same venues... Alpine, MSG, etc. Music Today has great customer service too.

It would be nice not to have to spend HOURS trying to buy tickets. Sometimes, it takes longer to buy the tickets than it does to watch the performance.

This is a solution you should look into. It works.

these bands also play way more shows than PJ does

i'd say all three bands had a light year this year and probably close to the same amount of shows. and that's an irrelevant point - the system still works.

i'm just trying to offer a suggestion instead of complaining or asking about blu rays or bitching. it's a good one i think.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I also have a complaint that I just want you to read, no answer needed. While so many of us were stressing and waiting, the official Facebook page and Twitter were asking questions like 'when did you first hear Ten?'. Also, the comments on the website about the ticket sale were removed before I could read them and then comments were disabled. I heard worse things about the forum but don't want to gossip. My point: it appeared that Ten Club people were actually awake and active, but not with us who were waiting for a simple message. Like 'hello, we know you exist but you can go to sleep. We won't start anything until tomorrow at noon your time'. or anything similar.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,499
    Sawyer wrote:
    I feel sometimes we are given 1/2 truths about touring info.....like as an American I feel tempted to go to Europe but when I do I know a US tour will be announced. Could this info be given out in a more timely manner? Why in this band's 20th anniversary have they not hit their home city?
    we cannot announce everything at once because we don't alway know what we are doing … once we get through routing, venues, time period , personal schedules.. we move on to the next.. this band has never planned very far ahead.. thus keeping it real and fresh always.. and not one big treadmill obligation….

Good fair answer!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • energyman1 wrote:
    Hey Kelly,

It is really nice of you to take the time to do this.

My question is:

Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

Peace,

Brian
    believe me… this is being talked about very seriously….

Just to toss out an idea, maybe the same process could be applied in a way that would require less work than index cards and money orders. Here's a step-by-step idea, just off the top of my head.

1) Ten club members indicate through their online account which show(s) they would like to attend.

2) Members are chosen at random to win the opportunity to buy tickets.

3) Winners are allowed to log in and purchase their tickets through their account over some specified period of time (maybe 1 week or something).

4) If members don't follow through and buy tickets, more names are drawn and new people are given the opportunity.

As an aside, I think most members recognize that ten club is making a real effort to get things right. Headaches aside, the goal is still to give fans (rather than scalpers) the best seats. That should be applauded.
  • My question is why should I even continue to care? We heard nothing for 2 evenings here in Europe other than a post from Crowdsurge stating they were working on the problem through the night. After midnight CET we get an E-Mail with an excuse not worthy of 24 talking about how evil Pearl Jam haters have hacked the servers yet only a few days later general admission tickets are sold out without being hacked for the Berlin show and I am not going to a rock concert to sit in the stands. Plus what's the point of early admission if you have assigned seats?

I realize 10c members are not guaranteed pre-sale tickets but when I receive an E-mail offering said tickets in pre-sale I expect to have a chance at tickets before some clown just logging onto a website. With the concert being in June why have such a short pre-sale especially when you already suspect your servers can't handle such a sale. ( I will point out that if there is a pre-sale, it states you can only purchase tickets from pearljam.com).

I have been a fan since I was 21 which is about the time ten was released. I have a ton of disposable income but very little time. The 10 club and by proxy Pearl Jam has failed miserably to the point where I feel nothing but disappointment and anger at the failure of this pre-sale. At this point the band has become "one of the bands I grew up hating" because the team they hired doesn't seem to care or understand. Even this so called dialogue is occurring late evening in the affected time zone with little advertisement.

Why should anyone continue to be a 10 club member when it appears to give most of us nothing but grief? or better yet, why continue to be a fan at all? There are bands out there who seem to truly care about their fans but sadly and more increasingly those that don't. I have no problem telling that DB Corrigan to pound sand but I would like for you to give us one good reason to stay.
    Sawyer wrote:

Thank you for this....

I think 3-4 months is plenty of time for planning....
  • veddertown wrote:
    Can PJ get over the Ticketmaster debacle from the 90's and move on now? Pre-sales have been disastrous and I don't see why they couldn't leave it to the professionals to handle such affairs? We deserve an organization that can cope with PJ's demand given that it us who put them and keep them where they are now. Do the band know how bad the ticketing fiasco is?
    yes we worked with tm in canada.. it is not an option in all places in the world

well, what about livenation or ticketservice in europe?
    Usually known as...........
    Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam I 2012
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    I have been very happy with my 10c tickets, Vinyl, Posters.
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

Any ideas or thoughts about what I can complain about ?
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Kelly,

The mods on the forum deserve a week off, and a raise for the crap they have to put up with on here.... Close it down for a week!

Can I get refunded on my plane ticket back to my homeland??? :lol: I'm over the stress..... No worries.

but the mods do deserve it!

Thanks
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • AR258942AR258942 Borgaro Torinese (to) Italy Posts: 1
    because for the presale you have entrusted to a site then it was found innafidabile?

I do not believe to the sabotage

why do not you address these issues organized a new presale (or post-sale for general sale after the general sale or simultaneously) and and have committed all at general sale among other things, warning us with an email at 00.30 am CET when some overall sales starts at 9.00 am and so many have had to regroup in a hurry, with the hope of being able to get tickets for general admission

Personally I have tried to buy tickets to Stockholm but after 10 minutes into the sale was no longer possible and I am obliged to give up the concert

I am very disappointed by your behavior also seen that to have this benefit in addition to other course I paid $ 50
  • tremors wrote:
    Do you think that the growing rift in many fans' eyes between Pearl Jam / Ten Club is a problem? Isn't this a PJ management issue?
    everything pj is a management issue.. the good or bad...
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    norm wrote:
    have you thought about doing pre sales the way that dave matthews band and phish do theirs?
    with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today.
    kc

that doesn't matter their system works and i bet music today can handle an international sale.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    kc

true...but i was thinking the ticketing issues in general...been this way for quite a while...msg '10, alpine...people spending 6 to 12 hours in front of their computers is ridiculous...mind as well go back to lining up at 2 in the morning in front of sam goody's...their ticketing process is less hassle (at least for us)
  • EilianEilian Posts: 276
    edited December 2011
    *Since writing I see you're "working on ideas". Just to reinforce the point,....

Although you cannot give us the 30, communication-less hours we spent refreshing a malfunctioning pre-sale screen back, and even though you may not be able to dish out tickets to those that missed out despite their efforts, you can guarantee that something, material, monetary or otherwise will be given by way of compensation.

Many of us feel as though this saga is just the most recent extreme in service that has been steadily declining for a while. Membership is paid in the expectation of receiving certain entitlements such as free merch, annual singles and ticket priority but annual singles appear up to as good as makes no difference one year too late and tickets,...well, you get the point.

I'm not sure if you're the man to address 10c efficiency but you are as high in the ranks as we're gonna get. So, if you could, instead of just assuring that you'll do your best to make sure this wont happen again, actually guarantee that you'll make sure the affected parties are compensated somehow, it would be a very worthwhile (in membership renewals you would otherwise lose if nothing else) gesture.

Cheers
    Eilian
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    So kev I get it

A glow in the dark pj20 vinyl as compo?

Fair request... Kelly any chance for the thrilla? Hes a good guy.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    why the band choose always the same countries at Europe tour..?
    why the dont play in other countries ?
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    choop wrote:
    choop wrote:
    Kelly,

Music Today handles lotteries for Phish and Dave Matthews Band:

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

Usually a week period, no server issues, credit cards safe, and they print the tickets on custom stock so it's a nice bonus. No crashing whatsoever, and completely fair.

These bands play the same venues... Alpine, MSG, etc. Music Today has great customer service too.

It would be nice not to have to spend HOURS trying to buy tickets. Sometimes, it takes longer to buy the tickets than it does to watch the performance.

This is a solution you should look into. It works.

these bands also play way more shows than PJ does

i'd say all three bands had a light year this year and probably close to the same amount of shows. and that's an irrelevant point - the system still works.

i'm just trying to offer a suggestion instead of complaining or asking about blu rays or bitching. it's a good one i think.

OK-this year alone, but not in the past. Not irrelevant as they may get way less people traveling to a very few amount of shows thank you. And I personally don't like lotteries.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Sloth2 wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    Why was there no 10c announcement of the second Manchester show?
    we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.

Hang on a minute....

In 2006 I think it was, You announced a 5 show tour of Australia, with 10C tickets to one show in each City.

Melbourne #2 went on public sale with no announcement to the fans, or anyone 10 minutes before Melbourne #1.

Surely you must have some idea...especially with a 12 hour lag in time as was the case with Manchester.
    i have been cocky in the past and it has come back to bite me…..it is a different world out there and money is tight.. again.. i would never presume anything anymore..
    Mudfest wrote:
    I have been very happy with my 10c tickets, Vinyl, Posters.
    Had as close as row 6 and even great seats in MSG , Toronto, Chicago and ED ved shows....

Any ideas or thoughts about what I can complain about ?

:clap:
This discussion has been closed.