The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Rygar wrote:
    Steve Downie deliberately slashed an official in the AHL.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269889&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main
    Anyone surprised?

I was an apologist for Downie for a long time. He so impressed me in World Jrs several years back (AMAZING along the boards), and I thought he could pull it together to become a solid second-liner for the Flyers. But Homer made the right move dealing him/Eminger and picking up Carle. It's sad, really. The kid clearly has no control over himself.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This thread has been dead !

I just got back from vacation so I have an excuse :P :P
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Rygar wrote:
    Steve Downie deliberately slashed an official in the AHL.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269889&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main
    Anyone surprised?

If you see the video.. it looks like Downie takes a swipe at the puck and clips the linesman on his follow thru... although given Downie's rep, he'll always be a lightning rod for these things...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Team is playing fairly well except for the Calgary debacle... so I don't see much to talk about... other than Giroux will be a stud in the years to come.... and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lupul moved at the draft this year...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Team is playing fairly well except for the Calgary debacle... so I don't see much to talk about... other than Giroux will be a stud in the years to come.... and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lupul moved at the draft this year...

I was looking at their schedule...some tough games coming up

I'm heading down on the 29th against Bahston......the race is getting tight

chromiam wrote:
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I was looking at their schedule...some tough games coming up

I'm heading down on the 29th against Bahston......the race is getting tight

Yeah tough schedule right now with Caps, a home and home with NYR, and at Detroit where the Flyers haven't won in years... should be a good measuring stick heading into the playoff, and a nice time to get the team rolling...

Admin

[/quote]Yeah tough schedule right now with Caps, a home and home with NYR, and at Detroit where the Flyers haven't won in years... should be a good measuring stick heading into the playoff, and a nice time to get the team rolling...[/quote]

How has Carcillo looked ?

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Yeah tough schedule right now with Caps, a home and home with NYR, and at Detroit where the Flyers haven't won in years... should be a good measuring stick heading into the playoff, and a nice time to get the team rolling...[/quote]

How has Carcillo looked ?[/quote]
    Carcillo has lived up to his reputation so far IMO. He's taken some penalties in some inopportune times in the 2 games that I've watched. And I believed he got a 10-minute misconduct at the end of the Buffalo game the other night. Not a big deal there, but I could see him becoming a liability if he continues with the penalties.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    Yeah tough schedule right now with Caps, a home and home with NYR, and at Detroit where the Flyers haven't won in years... should be a good measuring stick heading into the playoff, and a nice time to get the team rolling...[/quote]

Actually he seems like a nice fit on that third line with Giroux... he handles the puck well, gets in the corners, and in front of the net. He would have had his first goal as a Flyer the other night if the puck had settled down... Giroux fed a beauty to him on the far post just after the faceoff but the puck was bouncing and hopped over his stick. Carcillo looks to have alot of upside and he can handle himself, as long as he stays away from dumb penalties he'll be a fan fave.

Admin

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    chromiam wrote:
    Yeah tough schedule right now with Caps, a home and home with NYR, and at Detroit where the Flyers haven't won in years... should be a good measuring stick heading into the playoff, and a nice time to get the team rolling...

Actually he seems like a nice fit on that third line with Giroux... he handles the puck well, gets in the corners, and in front of the net. He would have had his first goal as a Flyer the other night if the puck had settled down... Giroux fed a beauty to him on the far post just after the faceoff but the puck was bouncing and hopped over his stick. Carcillo looks to have alot of upside and he can handle himself, as long as he stays away from dumb penalties he'll be a fan fave.[/quote]

That play was a great play off the faceoff. I do agree that he is a good fit on the Giroux line, however, he already has 3 or 4 minors plus a misconduct in 3 games.

By the way, love your picture.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:
    That play was a great play off the faceoff. I do agree that he is a good fit on the Giroux line, however, he already has 3 or 4 minors plus a misconduct in 3 games.

By the way, love your picture.

I have no problem with the penalties, other than I believe one, because they weren't selfish or boneheaded plays. As for the misconduct, both players got misconducts but I still have no idea why Carcillo got one other than the fact the refs wanted to try and calm things down.

Thanks... its from a Phils game 2 years ago vs of course the Mets.

Admin

Can we all give a hand to Marty this evening? Lundqvist was amazing early, but the guys stuck it out, and Marty out-dueled him in the end. Can't wait for tomorrow - though I expect we'll hear more lunkheaded comments about the "goalie controversy." esp. as Niitty is getting a turn.
    As a side note - I refuse to watch Marty Brodeur do anything that suggests he's surpassed Patrick Roy's greatness. Fuckin' Devils.
    lralle wrote:
    Can we all give a hand to Marty this evening? Lundqvist was amazing early, but the guys stuck it out, and Marty out-dueled him in the end. Can't wait for tomorrow - though I expect we'll hear more lunkheaded comments about the "goalie controversy." esp. as Niitty is getting a turn.
    As a side note - I refuse to watch Marty Brodeur do anything that suggests he's surpassed Patrick Roy's greatness. Fuckin' Devils.

I hope he keeps this great play up !

Any chance of a deep run in the playoffs is on him

Congrats to Coach Stevens as well...100th victory yesterday

Well, as good as yesterday was, today fucking sucked. I think Richards, Gagne, Giroux and Timonen were the only guys who showed up to play. Otherwise, the whole team was dead. Especially Hartnell. Did Stevens bench him again? He's been playing great hockey for the last month and a half or so, and this was easily his worst game since the benching back in November(?). I really think the team gets a big lift from his style of play. Niitty was okay, occasionally spectacular, but not enough.
    And, as usual, too many stupid penalties.
    I didn't see the whole game but I could tell it wasn't going to end well

They looked un-inspired from what I saw

Wont get any easier playing in DET where I dont think we've won since 1989 ??

Awful game.. looked uninspired from the start and never seemed to get into the game.... Spent too much time chasing the play and not enough time in the offensive zone. That said, the officiating was horrible as well, but no excuse for the poor effort and performance.

Maybe under the bright "national" lights of Versus (hahahahaha), the boys will pull out a good ole luck of the Irish win tonite.... Hartnell and the red wig score two tonite ;)

Admin

Well......after tonight we know who the contenders are and who the pretenders are

DET is in another class IMO

Now we're tied with PITT in the 4th spot with some tough games coming up :evil:

Well......after tonight we know who the contenders are and who the pretenders are

Still have at least 2 if not 3 games in hand over Pitt, so I'm confident we'll pull away in the end.

Admin

chromiam wrote:

Still have at least 2 if not 3 games in hand over Pitt, so I'm confident we'll pull away in the end.

I'm not as confident

I'm seeing too many cracks in the armor

chromiam wrote:

I'm not as confident

I'm seeing too many cracks in the armor

Honestly I didn't expect a win last night but I was pleased with the effort early. We just couldn't control Detroit's offensive power. I think last night could be a nice jumping point for the end of the season push. I know you don't take moral victories but last night could be defined as one. And I would have to say that Marty would like to have the 1st and 3rd goals back.. both short-side and high.. they caught him cheating both times.

Admin

I am underwhelmed by the new line combos. I know - it's gonna take time to generate the chemistry the previous ones had. I also think no Upshall is a factor. Carcillo does not fit. He does not play smart, and he lacks the speed Upshall had. Lupul...I've got nothing new there.

But I'm not one to get too down the day of a win. How about Ryan Parent? This kid has been fantastic the last few games. And of course, Biron has shut up the annual goalie controversy crowd.

Also, think about where Gagne was last year. Gags for Masterton. Richie for Selke.

That ends a rather undeveloped, schizo post.
    I take it all back. That was a fantastic showing against the Devils. My brother went, sat 6 rows back of the bench. That and the Super Deluxe on the same day. He should qualify for Best Week Ever.
    I pretty much stopped reading this blog awhile ago, because the guy is so absurdly biased against the Fly Guys. But this is a great story I saw, via PuckDaddy: http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... 23-09.aspx
    lralle wrote:
    I pretty much stopped reading this blog awhile ago, because the guy is so absurdly biased against the Fly Guys. But this is a great story I saw, via PuckDaddy: http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... 23-09.aspx

Haha !! Thats pretty cool

Fartsmell how original..I can't imagine going out of my way to do that to another teams player

I wonder if Scottie would have been so kind had the Flyers not won ???

• Hey people, anyone here on PSF or PF?
    Hey people, anyone here on PSF or PF?

What are those ? :oops:

• Philly Sports Forums and Flyersphans . . . both message boards. PSF has all four sport and more, PF is all Flyers and but has links to other forums dedicated to the other teams. I am sure there are some dudes in this thread that are on each of those sites . . . Wexler
  • Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    Philly Sports Forums and Flyersphans . . . both message boards. PSF has all four sport and more, PF is all Flyers and but has links to other forums dedicated to the other teams. I am sure there are some dudes in this thread that are on each of those sites . . . Wexler

Pussy. :shock:
  • Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    Philly Sports Forums and Flyersphans . . . both message boards. PSF has all four sport and more, PF is all Flyers and but has links to other forums dedicated to the other teams. I am sure there are some dudes in this thread that are on each of those sites . . . Wexler

Yo I actually think I just got an auto e-mail from you for spam because I sent you 9 fucking e-mails in like 49 seconds. Do I have to click that link it sent me?
  • Philly Sports Forums and Flyersphans . . . both message boards. PSF has all four sport and more, PF is all Flyers and but has links to other forums dedicated to the other teams. I am sure there are some dudes in this thread that are on each of those sites . . . Wexler

Pussy. :shock:

I know you (sorta) azzhole. :x