Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Alright...

Let's see if we can damage the hopes of the Rangers !!!!

I wonder now that they clinched if they come out and play hard ?
    Go Flyers!!!

Ugh, I feel so dirty...
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Alright...

my roommate is a rangers fan..im hoping they make it to the finals so the wings can crush his dreams :D
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:
    Alright...

Go Flyers!!!

Ugh, I feel so dirty...

I knew you were a fan deep down
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Alright...

my roommate is a rangers fan..im hoping they make it to the finals so the wings can crush his dreams :D

Hmmmmm..what would be more frustrating

Not getting in at all after being in 1st place this year or making the Finals and being swept ?

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    down, down, down... flyers going down!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    Alright...

Go Flyers!!!

Ugh, I feel so dirty...

I knew you were a fan deep down
    Only after too much bran.
  • Options

Nooooooooooooooooo !!

It should be a good home and home

You guys need both wins...we'll see how desperate the Rags are !

• Options

Nooooooooooooooooo !!

It should be a good home and home

You guys need both wins...we'll see how desperate the Rags are !

we only need one! a ranger win tonight or a florida loss will get us in. over in the blueshirts thread i predicted a ranger to get injured in one of these two games. they will be hard fought points.
  • Options
    Phantom Pain"]
    Alright...

Hmmmmm..what would be more frustrating

Not getting in at all after being in 1st place this year or making the Finals and being swept ?[/quote]

i'd have to think not getting in is more frustrating
    i remember i believe in '94 my wings got swept by those trap running rat faced devils..i still enjoyed watching all the series building up to the finals

i wouldn't know about not getting into the playoffs cause we've made it every year since i was in kindergarten :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    JVR's first 2 points with the Phantoms

Nothing spectacular but he finally scored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJOFUiKnbk

• Options
    Alright...today we secure home ice

The ICE CHICKENS are going down !!

Flyers in 6

:P :P

• Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    I hate, hate, HATE losing ANYTHING to the Penguins.

This is going to be a rough series.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I was hoping we could avoid the penguins for the 1st round...oh well..no matter...we'll beat em in 6
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    hmm... so much hatred for crosby, and so much hatred for hartnell's hair. who to choose, who to choose?

send cindy home early please. i can't stand the site of him.
  • Options
    hmm... so much hatred for crosby, and so much hatred for hartnell's hair. who to choose, who to choose?

send cindy home early please. i can't stand the site of him.

HaHa !! With pleasure !

We owe the Ice Chickens

• Options
    LET'S GO FLYERS !!!

Take game one

I'm liking our chances...a healthy Gagne...a merging star with Giroux with Kimo and Coburn healthy !!

• Options
    LET'S GO FLYERS !!!

Take game one

I'm liking our chances...a healthy Gagne...a merging star with Giroux with Kimo and Coburn healthy !!
    i'm rooting for you guys for sure

the wings had fun the last time we met in the finals :D
  • Options
    Wow

How fuckin pathetic is this team right now ?

Out worked,going through the motions,outplayed

Something is definitely wrong with this team internally..I don't know if they want the coach fired or what but for the last 12 games of the year they haven't played a full game..maybe Stevens calmness is rubbing off or the leadership on this team is lacking but this absolutely PATHETIC !!

I don't mind losing if you're putting in a good effort but this is fucking disgusting

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    That game was painful and anger inducing. Almost as much as the 3rd period of the Rangers game on Sunday. The Flyers look like they are going nowhere. Thank god for the Phils.
  • Options
    "I learned early on during my stay in Philadelphia you need not be the most talented, the most skilled, the best goal scorer, nor the best play maker. But if you play with passion, desire and a blue-collar attitude, you would and could be embraced, more than you could ever imagine. I took great pride in putting on my flyers jersey because I felt as though every time I did I had your support. I will always give credit to the fans of Philadelphia for creating my identity as a player and as a person and for that I humbly thank you." - Keith Primeau

Maybe Primes can come into the locker room and repeat some of this to this dead team

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Sabres fan here.

Something is broke though. A month ago it looked like the Flyers were probably going to win the conference. They look listless. There really isnt any excuses. If they drop in the 1st round here, Stevens should be canned.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Sabres fan here.

Something is broke though. A month ago it looked like the Flyers were probably going to win the conference. They look listless. There really isnt any excuses. If they drop in the 1st round here, Stevens should be canned.

I know...I mentioned that earlier in a post

Its so frustrating...plenty of talent but just not performing

What I am afraid of is Management moving a key player in the off season to shake things up

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    "I learned early on during my stay in Philadelphia you need not be the most talented, the most skilled, the best goal scorer, nor the best play maker. But if you play with passion, desire and a blue-collar attitude, you would and could be embraced, more than you could ever imagine. I took great pride in putting on my flyers jersey because I felt as though every time I did I had your support. I will always give credit to the fans of Philadelphia for creating my identity as a player and as a person and for that I humbly thank you." - Keith Primeau

Maybe Primes can come into the locker room and repeat some of this to this dead team

Great quote from Primeau.... I honestly think this team is tired.. the leaders are tired (RIchards, Carter) and the energy is just not there right now. It's not an excuse just a fact... they have been lazy and listless through the end of the season and its carried over. I'd be curious to see if Stevens takes Carter away from killing penalties to give him some more ice time in an offensive capacity. It seems to me that the penalties have caught up with the Flyers.... also wouldn't be surprised if Richie didn't have a nagging groin/hamstring injury after the season is over. He doesn't seem to have anywhere close to the amount of jump he had midway through the season.

All in all, you have to play the games and this team still has a chance to make waves in the playoffs.. they just have to play their game and stop the march to the penalty box.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294

God, I love/miss Primes. My favorite player ever. (Did I ever tell y'all about how I talked to him on the phone while tailgating for Camden 2 last summer?) They should have Primes take over Hatcher's hang around the team role.

Honestly, I wasn't hopeful about a long playoff run this year. Too inconsistent in every area. I do think they have the talent to do it, but only when everybody steps up. That hasn't happened for the last couple months. There's nothing I hate more than a game devoid of passion. We'll see what happens tonight. I'm already pissy Gilroy signed with the Rangers.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Big win last night...need to keep the intensity going
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Nice win on Sunday BUT we have to win both at home

Carter buries that 3rd goal on Friday and we're possibly up in the series

The team responded well..especially Giroux...I was nervous he may go into a funk after that slashing call in OT

• Options
    Well Fluery stole this one.... lets hope Marty can do the same in Pittsburgh and give the Flyers a fighting chance. Sucks to get that many shots and not be able to bury more than one.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Well Fluery stole this one.... lets hope Marty can do the same in Pittsburgh and give the Flyers a fighting chance. Sucks to get that many shots and not be able to bury more than one.

Not looking good my friend

If they hadn't slept walked through the end of the season and game 1 maybe we're at least tied in this series or up

Games 2 & 4 were very winnable

• Options
    I didn't see any of the game...my buddy's wife had their baby...all I could do is check the score on my cell phone

Maybe thats the recipe for winning

:lol:

• Options
    Nice win.. Marty keeps them in it early and we get to Fluery and put a few away.... nice to see Crosby frustrated at the end of the night.. here's to it continuing.

Admin