Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    chromiam wrote:
    Well its official Flyers/Bruins in the Winter Classic

Hopefully, it helps having a dad with a connection to the Sox front office. :D Might take some of the sting out of this Spectrum shutout. :?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    lralle wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

Hopefully, it helps having a dad with a connection to the Sox front office. :D Might take some of the sting out of this Spectrum shutout. :?

Any word on how tix are going to be sold for this?
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lralle wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

For money :P .
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    lralle wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

No word yet but since the Flyers are the visiting team ticket allocation will be small (per Comcast rep) so they are trying to devise a way to disperse tickets while giving season ticket holders priority. Should be more of a clusterfuck than the PJ Spectrum shows....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    chromiam wrote:

Woo~Hoo !!

How many will this puppy seat ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    chromiam wrote:

Woo~Hoo !!

Probably the same as a ball game - 35,000.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

Woo~Hoo !!

36,000 or so for Sox games.. don't know if they could expand seating for even cut some out for the hockey game
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    I'm hoping to attend the game at Fenway but it's going to be tough to swing between tickets, airfare and hotel.

I'm living down in Houston now (but grew up in South Jersey). I also got shut out of the Philly pre-sale but I'm going to try tomorrow to get tickets again. Would LOVE to be there in the Spectrum in October and then see the Flyers play the 'Canes on the 31st. Would be a great weekend trip to visit with family as well.
    You will try.
  • Options
    Well if you buy Flyers season tickets for this season you will be entered into a lottery for a chance to win tickets to the Winter Classic. No word on how many winners or odds of winning but my guess is slim to none.

Admin

• Options
    Well online drawing set for Winter Classic... good luck to everyone

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... ckets.html

Admin

• Options
    We're really hurting for news around here, aren't we? Well, The Hockey News Yearbook hit my door today, and they're picking our Boys to win the Cup. That makes me even less comfortable than those putting rings on the Phils again already. The hockey merits of this pick can be debated, and perhaps we shall do so (where are you, rygar?), but today I'd just like to say that I much prefer underdog status.

Oh, and THN's Future Watch for the Flyers is stupid. Putting Jon Kalinski as the best prospect behind JVR, as well as him and Michael Ratchuk ahead of Kevin Marshall, Marc-Andre Bourdon, Oskars Bartulis and even Patrick Maroon is lamebrained. Kalinski's a nice player, and acquitted himself well as an energy guy before that crazy leg injury, but he's never projected to go much further. They have strange ideas about Danny Syvret as well. Also, the depth chart has someone named Joey Mormina, a guy I've never heard of (and that's saying something) ahead of Ratchuk and Marshall. This also went to press before the Tollefsen signing.

And that the hell are they going to do with Laperierre, Asham, Carcillo and Cote on a roster? As much as I like Riles, dump him and Carcillo ('s salary). Lappy and Asham at least can play the game. Don't get me wrong, Carcillo can too - he just chooses not to, and that makes him worse than useless.
    That's my rant for now. Just starting to gear up. Training camp and preseason on under a month!
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    i can't wait for the season. here is a question for the best hockey fans in the world. am i the only one not worried about goaltending? i think emery is going to be very good.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    i can't wait for the season. here is a question for the best hockey fans in the world. am i the only one not worried about goaltending? i think emery is going to be very good.

If he doesn't go ape-shit over some geezer in the fast lane on 95, then, eh, maybe. I'm all about giving guys another shot, and Emery doesn't have a spotlight on him now that Vick's in town. I think he's good enough, just as I felt about Biron, but the defense in front is superior to anything Biron got. Pronger and a full season for Parent should keep the crease clear, and every guy on the back end can skate and move the puck. The guys could help Emery by not spending half the game in the box too. Dunno how that's gonna pan given the forward roster as it stands.
    Camp in a couple weeks. Canadian juniors have already started exhibition games. And the NHLPA blows another big one. Hockey is in the air!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Oct. 31st, be there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Fly Guys/Leafs. 7pm. NHL Network. Be there!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    pretext wrote:

is that just for the US viewers?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    guess i need to get off my ass and order up the nhl package pretty soon.

who all is going to the 10/31 game? i scored a ticket in sec 112, row 5. the 31st is going to be an epic day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    pretext wrote:

is that just for the US viewers?

They showed the Leafs TV broadcast, without Joe Bowen (out sick, sadly). Go to the NHL Network site and they'll list what preseason games are being shown in each country.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    guess i need to get off my ass and order up the nhl package pretty soon.

who all is going to the 10/31 game? i scored a ticket in sec 112, row 5. the 31st is going to be an epic day

I am strongly considering it. At this point, I should camp out in the complex lot for those couple days.

The Leafs game BLEW. I fell asleep half way through and didn't feel at all bad about it. Some thoughts:
    Carcillo - playing like a complete asshat. doing nothing to dissuade me of the notion that they never should've traded upshall.
    Coburn - some errors, but he was all over the ice. very aggressive in both ends. bodes well for the future.
    Timonen - paired with Coburn again, which I like a lot. Not a great game, but still better than most players on the ice.
    Parent - Such a simple, beautiful game. He does everything right, and makes a great first pass. You almost never notice him, and that's perfect.
    Other D - Eh.
    Carter & Giroux - Both skating and creating very well. Seemingly no drop-off from last season.
    JVR - Used the big body well, and has nice vision, which I didn't expect. Didn't crash the net much - though that can be said of the entire team, and is a problem they had much of last season when it came to generating rebound chances.
    Kalinski - little ball of energy, will be great on the fourth line along with...
    Betts - He should make this team by all rights. I still can't believe no team offered him a contract. So stron on the PK and face-offs. They need to take some of the PK load off RIchards/Carter, and Betts/Lappy are perfect for that.
    Richards - mostly a non-factor offensively, but some good backchecking. I'll take it from double shoulder surgery in the off-season.
    Cote - Why? Great guy, but why?

That's all I remember two days later.
  • Options
    Good Start to the season

Penalties..way too many..they better cut those numbers in half this year..8 penalties is ridiculous

I thought the D played with a little bit more edge to them..Maybe Pronger's prescence is rubbing off

Let's beat the Devils !

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm going to the game tonight....GO DEVILS!!! :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    hopefully the flyers wear out the devils to the point where they're tired against the rangers on monday.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    i agree, too many penalties.

a few lucky bounces of the puck to keep it out of the net.

can't wait for the game on the 31st.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:

Booooooooooooooo !! ;)

That place looked pretty empty on TV ?

Brodeur got smoked for 5 last October by the Flyers also

Gotta Give Carcillo some props he used his head in this game and was smart

• Options
    libragirl wrote:

Booooooooooooooo !! ;)

Really? the place seemed packed :? . It was a disappointing game :( Oh well, it's only the beginning of the season.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Ray Emery owns you all!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    is Brodeur on his last legs? He looked very average the other night and remember the soft goals in the playoffs last year? Flyers are so talented this year - when Giroux and vanRiemsdyk are on your 3rd line you got some serious talent. I really like those 2 alot - Girioux was awesome in the playoffs last year. Pronger is such a huge edition, figuratively and literally - jeez he takes a lot of space up.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

Booooooooooooooo !! ;)

Really? the place seemed packed :? . It was a disappointing game :( Oh well, it's only the beginning of the season.

On TV it's deceiving sometimes because with these newer arenas people hang in other places and mill around all game

• Options
    On TV it's deceiving sometimes because with these newer arenas people hang in other places and mill around all game

Yeah, that is true.
    :)
  • Options

i don't buy it.

Jersey is always empty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg