Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    heck of a game tonight. started out slow, but the fireworks went off in the 2nd & 3rd periods.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    How many drunk Phillies fans will be at the game ?????

That is a long day double header

Beat the ICE CHICKENS !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    How many drunk Phillies fans will be at the game ?????

That is a long day double header

Beat the ICE CHICKENS !!!

My guess is quite a few, especially since the Flyers are offering $25 tickets (while they last) to any person who goes to the Flyers ticket window with a stub from the Phils game.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'd like to go, but it's a bit of a drive so i'll have to settle for watching it on tv.

Penguins didn't look good last night. I don't expect that to carry over to tonights game, but hopefully it does.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    JVR out tonite... no concussion symptoms but seems like a precaution, and I can't argue with it.

Sucks having Betts out for 4 weeks though... guess we'll see alot of Ashame and Cote over the next month.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Biting people.....damn. What kind of suspension do you get for that?
  • Options
    Flyers needed this kid last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdJTfGiRCI

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

did i miss something. i turned the game off with about 3 minutes to go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

did i miss something. i turned the game off with about 3 minutes to go.

Deadspin has the best coverage I have seen yet.

http://deadspin.com/5377658/its-always- ... iladelphia

A friend said Hartnell is with the league right now.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    the last 2 games have not been good for our defense. i am not concern yet but we have to fix that. we are still 3-1 this season so not going to kill myself for losing 1 game.
  • Options
    Harts didn't bite anyone !

Hartnell had a 15-minute conference call with league disciplinarian Colin Campbell at 10:00 a.m. this morning and it was later revealed that he would not be fined nor suspended.

“[Letang] had me in a headlock, his free hand was in there, and I can’t tell you what happened but I definitely didn’t bite him,” said Hartnell after practice this morning at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone. “I know he was complaining like he did, but his bare hand was scratching my face and hands were everywhere.”

Hartnell is known to play a physical game while also trying to agitate his opponents.

“I’m a pretty honest player, I think I’ve said that all along. I play the game hard; I play the game the right way. You don’t want to take liberties with anyone in fights, hits, or anything. I think if you ask guys in our dressing room here they’ll say the same thing, and around the league.

“I like to chirp a little bit and get in the mix a little bit after the whistles, but that’s part of my game. That’s how I play, and that’s how I have to play to be effective.”

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35835

• Options
    Letang: It's what's for dinner :lol:

As a Pens fan I'm not going to blindly say I think he did it, but he is one of the dirtiest players in the league and when there is no video evidence, nobody is ever going to admit to such a thing.
  • Options
    "if you don't want you finger bit, don't put it in my mouth"

-Hartnell
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Harts didn't bite anyone !
    Ha, like it's a stretch to think that douchebag would bite someone anyway.
  • Options
    in other sports news, Richards not suspended.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    81 wrote:
    in other sports news, Richards not suspended.

I'm in the minority of Flyer fans, as well as the League's front office, but I think he should've gotten a couple games. Yes, he lead with his shoulder, it wasn't a high hit at all, no intent to injure, and Richie didn't leave his feet. But it was an unnecessary blindside. It wasn't like Scott Stevens on Lindros, who had the puck, was cutting through the center, moving towards the net, and Stevens came head on.
    These things need to stop. I have a hard time swallowing the, "well, he didn't have time to make a quick decision." As someone, and I can't remember the cite, said of a hit earlier this year, these players make split decisions at super high speeds all the time. At some point, the attacking player needs to recognize that the opponent is vulnerable and pull up. No one can keep their head up and on a swivel every second of every game.

On to new news, Gags seems injured. Again. At least the Rangers appear to have lost Gaborik, as all predicted.

And who's DVRing tonight's game to go to Spectrum 1! Whoo! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    i'll be watching the game. :( not that that is a bad thing

hopefully they look better than they did sunday agaist san jose.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Following up on the Richie hit, here' Primes on headshots:

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/flye ... ranscript/
  • Options
    nice little 5 game winning streak. shut down some hot teams during the streak.

so far, there isn't much to dislike about this years team. hopefully they keep at it for the full season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i have to say that i hadn't watched hockey in ages....but went to the game on 10/31 before the PJ show and had a blast!!!! I forgot how much fun it was :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    i have to say that i hadn't watched hockey in ages....but went to the game on 10/31 before the PJ show and had a blast!!!! I forgot how much fun it was :-)

seems like there were a lot of PJ fans there. i didn't see any tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

we were up in the $25 seats, 4 rows from the top :-)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,960
    Kicked some ass tonight against Ottawa 5-1 :D

Good to have Briere and Van Riesmdyk back.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    81 wrote:

sound like my PJ tickets that night. for the game i was 5 rows from the ice with the father son duo that left the game with 5 minutes left in the 2nd period.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

sound like my PJ tickets that night. for the game i was 5 rows from the ice with the father son duo that left the game with 5 minutes left in the 2nd period.

ahhhh....how could they leave with that much time left!?!!? even though the Flyers were kicking butt, it was still a good time

• Options
    Rough game last night. I loved how players started dropping their sicks to get slashing calls, which the refs were handing out like candy. No excuse for 9 penalties though.

Speaking of dumb penalties, Carcillo has reformed a bit and seems to be moving back to his rookie season in Phoenix. Nice piece here: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... cillo.html

Oh, and I love Lappy.

Not so great play last night: Ryan Parent. Definitely looking like he's been out for awhile. I'm a big fan of the kid, but he was all kinds of running around. -1 over 14:35 minutes of ice time.

Thought it was a nice move for Stevens to keep Bartulis in. Kid's nice in his own zone. -1 with Parent, but he read the play better.

Did Scott Hartnell play last night?
  • Options
    yeah, they didn't look very good for the first 50 minutes or so of the game. the first period was just terrible.

once they got a sense of urgency, the seems to play pretty decent.

i'd also bet Emry would like to have that second goal back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know whats wrong with me but I can't get into the Flyers this season :yawn:

Maybe because the season is so long ?

or it only matters once the playoffs start and anything can happen ?

Or sick of the same routine with this team ?

:think: :problem:

• Options
    I don't know whats wrong with me but I can't get into the Flyers this season :yawn:

Maybe because the season is so long ?

or it only matters once the playoffs start and anything can happen ?

Or sick of the same routine with this team ?

:think: :problem:

I'm having a difficult time too, though more with the NHL in general. I always have the Flyers on, but I typically watch games at least 5 nights out of the week, and that's not been the case this season. I love afternoon weekend hockey, but haven't paid much attention to that either. Dunno why.

Yesterday, I watched a couple college games, and found them much more engaging. That prompted me to go pick out my annual xmas gift sweater: BC, away (maroon), $60.
  • Options
    this is my first year being able to see all the Flyers games (NHL package). I'm digging it. but i do find myself only watching the canadian team matchups when the Fleyrs aren't playing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg