Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    81 wrote:
    this is my first year being able to see all the Flyers games (NHL package). I'm digging it. but i do find myself only watching the canadian team matchups when the Fleyrs aren't playing.

You're watching the Laffs ?

You poor soul :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    81 wrote:
    this is my first year being able to see all the Flyers games (NHL package). I'm digging it. but i do find myself only watching the canadian team matchups when the Fleyrs aren't playing.

I'll always take a TSN or CBC broadcast over almost any in the US. The picture quality isn't even in the same ballpark compared to most US networks. And I'm sucker for Gord and Pierre. :D

At least Vs. gives us Doc Emrick. Not sure I'll ever forgive him jumping from Prism to the Devils booth though.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    CBC has (at least back when espn was doing the games) much better areana sounds. ESPN would turn off all that noise and crank up the talking heads. then again, most everything espn touches is over hyped, over produced
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    One of the few games I've seen this year

Brodeur kept them in it..Flyers pretty much dominated

Great stat of the night..Brodeur is now 1-5-1 against the Flyguys in his last 7

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    should have been a shut out. the penalty on richard to give the devils a 5-3 power play was weak. then to give up a goal with .6 seconds left. arrrr

but hey, Marty had a nice assist on James goal. The kid looks good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    I was at a bar watching the game (Well last period anyway). Looked real good from what i saw tonight. Emery looked outstanding!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I was at a bar watching the game (Well last period anyway). Looked real good from what i saw tonight. Emery looked outstanding!

I am totally eating crow on Emery. He's playing like he did in Ottawa during the Cup run year. And no speed bumps (heh) along the way.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    This team is VERY impressive right now. Young and old mixing well..I wonder how much we can actually realistically expect from them...Stanley Cup? Finals?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    This team is VERY impressive right now. Young and old mixing well..I wonder how much we can actually realistically expect from them...Stanley Cup? Finals?

it's still way to early to think about playoffs. although, unless they have a total colapse, they will make the playoffs, from there it's a crap shoot.

they've looked good so far for the most part, but they need to finish more plays. how many break aways have they missed this year?

they left at least one goal on the ice agaist jersey.

will we see the annual mid season swoon?

plus the schedule does us no favors in march(?), where they play 4 games every week vs. the one per week they played at the begining of the season. there are a couple of teams that have already played 6 more games than the Flyers.

we shall see

damn late west coast game in LA tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

one of those times I wish i had a tivo. probably only get to watch the saturday night game. phoenix. whoo. :?

i think there was some complacency early in the season that caused a lot of problems last year, particularly when they needed to close it out and get a higher seed (and let us not forget Game 1 against Pgh). However, with Pronger dominating the league, and Lappy/Betts killing on a line with a more sane Carcillo, I sense a shift in attitude.
    On the other hand, The Hockey News already fucked us by predicting a Cup. Grrrr.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

;)

• Options
    I hate west coast games. It wasn't even that late and i fell asleep near the end of the first period.

They won, so that's that important thing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Woke up middle of the night and caught the 3rd. Too bleary-eyed to make much analysis. Do love JVR so far. I wonder if he'll hit the wall midway. NCAA hockey is about half the NHL season, and they only play weekends. Olympic break might be timed perfectly though.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

it's still way to early to think about playoffs. although, unless they have a total colapse, they will make the playoffs, from there it's a crap shoot.

they've looked good so far for the most part, but they need to finish more plays. how many break aways have they missed this year?

they left at least one goal on the ice agaist jersey.

will we see the annual mid season swoon?

plus the schedule does us no favors in march(?), where they play 4 games every week vs. the one per week they played at the begining of the season. there are a couple of teams that have already played 6 more games than the Flyers.

we shall see

lets not talk about the schedule. i am hating the NHl this year becuase of that. The Flyers are playing very well right now but i think around jan. and feb they shouldn't play Emery as much as they have to this point. we don't want him to get tired around march and on ward. other than that i am very excited about the way they are coming around, given the new players on defense.

LETS GO FLYERS
  • Options
    aaaaaaargh i fell i asleep after the first period tonight. Woke up and the game was over. Hoping the Flyers were gonna win, but the Sharks are too damn good. I think I heard that the Flyers haven't beaten San Jose since 2001 or something and haven't beaten them in Sane Jose in 10 years! They're replaying the game on Comcast now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    that got ugly at the end.

the O didn't look at that great. Power play was bad. Couldn't get in the zone or keep it there. SH goal agaist. bad all around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    lets not talk about the schedule. i am hating the NHl this year becuase of that. The Flyers are playing very well right now but i think around jan. and feb they shouldn't play Emery as much as they have to this point. we don't want him to get tired around march and on ward. other than that i am very excited about the way they are coming around, given the new players on defense.

LETS GO FLYERS

we'll get a lot of BB once we get into the 4 games a week part fo the schedule.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Sloppy, sloppy game last night, and a waste of a good Emery performance. And we lost Blair Betts. Again. Who's out right now? Betts, Asham, Powe and Gags? Next call-up from the farm? We should have a center. Kalinski? He showed well prior to injury last year, and could fit onto that grinding line with Lappy and Carcillo.

Goddamn, does anyone else hate the NHL site templates? There's so much crap going on.
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    I hate blaming officials for losses, but COME ON that puck came out before the 'Yotes second goal. :evil:
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    I hate blaming officials for losses, but COME ON that puck came out before the 'Yotes second goal. :evil:

with the bounce, it made it a tough call.

either way, they still didn't look good. PP looked bad again. at least they weren't falling down all over the place.

i do have a big thumbs down to comcast. i was watching the Flyers telecast on the NHL center ice package and every time a commercial came on, i got the center ice logo with a note saying we are in a commercial break. wtf. just put on the commercial. very annoying. and the volume was really low. every time i flipped over to the bulls game i had to crank it back down. also only the 2nd time i've gotten the Flyers broadcasters this season on center ice. comcast sucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Betts is out for a month with a dislocated shoulder. It must not have been healed from before, becuase there is no way you dislocate a should putting your arm up to knock a puck out of the air.

what can you do. play anouther tough (suprising) western confrence team tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    And here it is...like clockwork...the bad road trip in November.. :o I guess you will always have a strecth like this..hope this doesnt last long
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Little Danny Suspended

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=299730

The NHL has handed Philadelphia Flyers' forward Dan Briere a two-game suspension for his hit on the Avalanche's Scott Hannan during the Avs victory on Monday.

After scoring to give Colorado a 4-2 lead, Hannan was blindsided by Briere who left his feet and drove his elbow into Hannan's neck. Hannan was forced to leave the ice and did not return.

Briere was not penalized on the play as it appears that no on ice official saw the incident.

Despite playing in just 17 games, Briere is leading all Flyers with 10 goals. Should he begin his suspension immediately he will miss Wednesday's game against the Islanders and Friday's game against Buffalo. He would be able to return in time for Sunday's tilt with the Thrashers.

• Options
    Little Danny Suspended

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=299730

The NHL has handed Philadelphia Flyers' forward Dan Briere a two-game suspension for his hit on the Avalanche's Scott Hannan during the Avs victory on Monday.

After scoring to give Colorado a 4-2 lead, Hannan was blindsided by Briere who left his feet and drove his elbow into Hannan's neck. Hannan was forced to leave the ice and did not return.

Briere was not penalized on the play as it appears that no on ice official saw the incident.

Despite playing in just 17 games, Briere is leading all Flyers with 10 goals. Should he begin his suspension immediately he will miss Wednesday's game against the Islanders and Friday's game against Buffalo. He would be able to return in time for Sunday's tilt with the Thrashers.

I'm not suprised. I saw the repay of the hit. looked like he crossed checked the Avs player across his throat.

i'm not sure what he was thinking
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Least we play the Islanders next. that road trip was kinda brutal.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    played like crap for the first 45 minutes or so, but still managed to win.

i was watching a little of the blackhawk san jose game. hawks had 3 shorthanded goals. two occurred on the same penalty kill. both were breakaways. so my question is, why can't the flyers score on breakaways this year. and on top of that, why aren't they getting any lately. the PK has been falling back into a little box vs. challenging.

lot of hockey to be played. hopefully they can figure these things out.

oh, and tell Ross to pass it when 2 on 1. missed goal there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    back to the crappy performance catagory. i missed the first two periods, but they didn't inspire a lot of confidence in the 3rd. Emery should have had that 3rd goal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I thought today's game was on at night, so I missed it. Luckily I didn't catch any of it judging from the score.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    they looked like crap again tonight. they seem slow and don't seem to have much jump in their step.

and could one of the forwards camp out in the crease. just once. please.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    B R U T A L effort tonight agaist Vancouver. The canucks annoucers were discussing replacement options for Stevens.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg