Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    i wanna find this guy :(
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

Wow, thanks!!!!

You were pretty close?

I was up on the top of section 111...so Eddie looked pretty small!

Good job!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    IamMine wrote:
    Wow, thanks!!!!

You were pretty close?

I was up on the top of section 111...so Eddie looked pretty small!

Good job!

Not my video, just found it.
    I'll be back
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    brian, where are u? its been almost four months... ;(
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    kdpjam wrote:
    brian, where are u? its been almost four months... ;(

Four months missing and two whole legs of a Pearl Jam tour does not bode well. I really hope that Brian is ok, but if he isn't, I hope that they find him soon so that the family can have some closure. Every day must be hell for them and I am sure that knowing something either way would help ease their pain.

God speed Brian.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    Ed's encore from Cincinnati is now posted on Brian's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant)

THANKS ED! :) (I know i'll never get to meet you, so I want to say thanks here)

It's also on my MySpace blog. The more the word spreads, the better.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    I am so sad for this guy's family and girlfriend. The fact that he's one of us makes it worse. I hope he's found (safe and sound) soon. I wish life was like a soap opera so he'd just be somewhere else with some crazy type of amnesia...My prayers are with everyone involved.
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    On the myspace page his GF posts about him enjoying his independence?

I guess if he actually did a runaway bride type thing it would be good. But to wait this long isn't very considerate considering the amount of people and time spent looking for him.

Hopefully if he did skip out he shows up soon. I guess it is better than the alternative.
    unsung wrote:
    On the myspace page his GF posts about him enjoying his independence?

I guess if he actually did a runaway bride type thing it would be good. But to wait this long isn't very considerate considering the amount of people and time spent looking for him.

Hopefully if he did skip out he shows up soon. I guess it is better than the alternative.

That's what i'd start to think. No signs of foul play, nobody heard/saw anything.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    That is kinda strange what his gf posted.

Did anyone see one of those morning shows today that a fan of Motely Crue is missing and the band is really helping out to try and find her? She was supposed to go to a concert of theirs in March and never showed up that night so that is probably why it is more "connected" to them and they are adding money to the reward to find her .....but didn't this guy have a ticket to a concert too??
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    That is kinda strange what his gf posted.

Did anyone see one of those morning shows today that a fan of Motely Crue is missing and the band is really helping out to try and find her? She was supposed to go to a concert of theirs in March and never showed up that night so that is probably why it is more "connected" to them and they are adding money to the reward to find her .....but didn't this guy have a ticket to a concert too??

re: Independence -- I think when Brian was "enjoying his independence", I think that's supposed to be a reference to July 4th, or the date of US independence. I don't think that's supposed to be anything else, but only Alexis knows for sure.

Yes, Brian was supposed to take Alexis to the Pearl Jam show in Detroit, but after Brian went missing, Alexis auctioned them off. All money went to the reward fund. I don't know the location, but apparently they were pretty good seats.

I also just updated the first post with a link to the video of Ed talking about Brian.

Finally, just an idea that I had, but part of me thinks that a small portion (maybe $1-$2) of each Cincinnati show should be donated to the fund.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Where are you???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? "COME BACK"
    I'll be back
  • "There must be an open door for you to... Come Back"
    Everything has chains...absolutely nothing's changed...

~07/13/1998 Los Angeles, 07/14/1998 Los Angeles, 10/28/2000 San Bernardino, 06/02/2003 Irvine, 06/05/2003 San Diego, 07/09/2006 Los Angeles, 07/10/2006 Los Angeles~
  • Man, I sure hope brian comes home safe...Its so sad when people just disappear..I could not imagine someone close to me hear one day then gone the next....:(
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    this guy has to come back already, if he can :/
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Crazyworm wrote:
    Man, I sure hope brian comes home safe...Its so sad when people just disappear..I could not imagine someone close to me hear one day then gone the next....:(

Reading this has made we want to make amends with a friend I'm fighting with. She needs love, not me being a jackass.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Reading this has made we want to make amends with a friend I'm fighting with. She needs love, not me being a jackass.

Love is all you need,.. all you need is love,..
    Love,.. love,...
    Love.

Yeah, I had this weird dream last night... The doors that Brian was last seen entering, you have to immediately go up some stairs (or an elevator) since everything is actually on the 2nd floor....Anyway, I was standing on the stairs, and I saw him get into a van.

I have no idea what the hell this means, especially since you have to walk from the street on a sidewalk to get to the door where he was last seen.

So, Brian, you're in my thoughts.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Four months already?!! Good God, I hope that he returns home safely soon. The longer it takes the more hopeless things become...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    Love is all you need,.. all you need is love,..
    Love,.. love,...
    Love.

Yeah, I had this weird dream last night... The doors that Brian was last seen entering, you have to immediately go up some stairs (or an elevator) since everything is actually on the 2nd floor....Anyway, I was standing on the stairs, and I saw him get into a van.

I have no idea what the hell this means, especially since you have to walk from the street on a sidewalk to get to the door where he was last seen.

So, Brian, you're in my thoughts.

That is a bizzare dream.

I hope that is not really what happened... :(

I am a believer in dreams...which means I pay a lot of attention to my dreams - what they mean, etc, etc...

Write down what you dreamt...and hopefully it comes back and you can get more details - whatever it means. It could be meterphorically, you know...

I am not trying to make anything out of this...but I think that since you have connected yourself to this missing fan from the beginning... anything is possible.

I miss Brian, too... I wonder how his dad is doing.

I didn't want to bother him via e-mails...I know he's been working and trying to live his life while looking for his son.
    ~Q Magazine

• my prayers are with them , it saddens me tremendously to see that he is still missing....
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
    IamMine wrote:
    I miss Brian, too... I wonder how his dad is doing.

I didn't want to bother him via e-mails...I know he's been working and trying to live his life while looking for his son.

There was a time when I wanted to email Alexis through myspace, but decided against it. They must be going through some rough times.

It's nice that we have a connection between them and the band and the fans (i'll never know how Ed found out about Brian), but too much of the connection can be a bad thing.
    There was a time when I wanted to email Alexis through myspace, but decided against it. They must be going through some rough times.

It's nice that we have a connection between them and the band and the fans (i'll never know how Ed found out about Brian), but too much of the connection can be a bad thing.

How can it be a bad thing?

It's good to keep Brian in our thoughts - especially with positive energy (positive thoughts and hope).

I also wondered how the band found out...I think it's because spike007 got their attention by throwing up a t-shirt on the stage (caught Mike's attention). And somehow the flyer paper got up there, too.

But, the important thing is that Eddie helped spread the message to more people who hadn't heard of his missing.

I do know that Alexis emailed spike007 and myself after the show and said how touched she was by the band's awareness and spreading the message.

I still wear his missing t-shirt frequently.
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    How can it be a bad thing?

It's good to keep Brian in our thoughts - especially with positive energy (positive thoughts and hope).

I also wondered how the band found out...I think it's because spike007 got their attention by throwing up a t-shirt on the stage (caught Mike's attention). And somehow the flyer paper got up there, too.

But, the important thing is that Eddie helped spread the message to more people who hadn't heard of his missing.

I do know that Alexis emailed spike007 and myself after the show and said how touched she was by the band's awareness and spreading the message.

I still wear his missing t-shirt frequently.

I never meant it was a bad thing to think of the situation. Maybe it's more of a bad thing to have too much contact between us (the fans) and the family.

Maybe it's more 50/50??

Good thing to contact to let them know that we care and we think of them and all that.

Bad thing because we should probably respect their private lives and let them get on. Alexis is in school, the parents have their jobs and other lives to live.

You see your favorite athlete in the street. Maybe you want to get an autograph, but the guy had a bad game, or is coming of an injury. Maybe you want to talk trash to the guy cause he had a series of goofs which ended up costing the game. Sometimes, IMO, it's good just to let them live.

And I completely forgot about spike007 throwing the shirt up there.

Maybe they'll write a song or put "to brian" in the liner notes of the next album. :)
    Gotcha, Lost In Ohio...

I hope that they don't need to dedicate a song to him or anything like that... unless we find him and then we all will make it a BIG event, for his family and Alexis!

If not the most memorial show for everyone involved... :)

Four months is a long time...but let's not lose hope!

It's hard, but not impossible!
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    Gotcha, Lost In Ohio...

I hope that they don't need to dedicate a song to him or anything like that... unless we find him and then we all will make it a BIG event, for his family and Alexis!

If not the most memorial show for everyone involved... :)

Four months is a long time...but let's not lose hope!

It's hard, but not impossible!

Indeed. Then they can dedicate a song like:

My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return
    But now here you are, and here I am
  • Mookie25Mookie25 Seattle Posts: 58
    "Said he'll see me on the flip side"

Toledo 96 ◘ Columbus 00 ◘ Pittsburgh 00 ◘ Cleveland 03 ◘ Pittsburgh 03 ◘ Alpine Valley 03 ◘ Noblesville 03 ◘ Columbus 03 ◘ Toledo 04 VFC ◘ London, ON 05 ◘ Cleveland 06 ◘ Philly I & II 06 ◘ Cincinnati 06 ◘ VIC 07 ◘ MSG II 08 ◘ EV Memphis 09 ◘ Columbus 10 ◘ Cleveland 10 ◘ EV Boston 11 ◘ PJ20 ◘ Wrigley Field 13 ◘ Buffalo 13 ◘ Detroit 14 ◘ Louisville BNB 22 ◘ Noblesville 23 (24)?

Mookie25 wrote:

Good news (I suppose). Maybe this guy is the person who knows something. Don't give up the good fight! :)
  • This kind of thing needs to stop. My heart goes out to the girlfriend and his family. I will pray tonight for his safe return. I live in Upper Michigan but I have printed his picture and will keep an eye out. You never know.
    9:30 p.m.: Shaffer goes to Ugly Tuna Saloona, leaves after 30 minutes
    1:14 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater comes up escalator
    1:15 a.m.: Shaffer comes up escalators with Clint and Meredith (Brian Shaffer's friends)
    1:55 a.m.: Shaffer is seen standing outside to the right of the bar, at top of escalators, talking to two friends. They don't remember seeing man in orange sweater. LAST VIDEO OF SHAFFER ANYWHERE
    1:58 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater leaves bar and goes down escalator
    2:00 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater comes back up escalator
    2:02 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater comes down escalator
    2:03 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater seen outside the Gateway courtyard, wandering around looking for someone
    2:06 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater goes up escalator
    2:09 a.m.: Man in Orange Sweater goes down escalator, right behind Clint and Meredith

Notice anything??

10TV.com (CBS affiliate.) There's even a video there to watch.

Just for geographical references and to put things in perspective, you go up the escalators and turn to the right for Ugly Tuna. Turn to the left, and you're at a movie theater.

I also caught this on a CNN Headline News local news update. In Columbus, Time Warner (and I believe Insight) run taped local news and weather segments near the end of every half-hour. This story was featured today.