Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    la_paltala_palta Posts: 3
    y en que va la cosa??.. espero tengan buenas noticias.. aun hay esperanzas...vi el video deondee eddie habla acerca del chico.. yo como fan me siento muy triste por lo sucedido!!!

fuerza desde chile otra vez!!!!

in english:
    how`s going? i hope youve got good news... theres still are hope... i sow the video when eddei talks about this guy.. i.. like a big fan of pj.. i feel terrible and sad for this success!!

force again from chile!!

my english is not very good..--
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Is there a pic of him on here too?
    Maybe we could spread it on all our websites and myspaces and whatever kind of websites the fans here have got...you never know?!!

Let me know what you think of this idea and maybe we can start a new thread asking everybody to help out spreading his photo and stuff? Not via email bc I for one never read those forwards.

Wishing his family and friends all the best...hope he is alright!!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    What about America's Most Wanted???? They seem to be able to pull a story out of nowhere, and get answers rather quickly. They usually do missing children reports, but this is a very weird, interesting situation.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Is there a pic of him on here too?
    Maybe we could spread it on all our websites and myspaces and whatever kind of websites the fans here have got...you never know?!!

Let me know what you think of this idea and maybe we can start a new thread asking everybody to help out spreading his photo and stuff? Not via email bc I for one never read those forwards.

Wishing his family and friends all the best...hope he is alright!!

http://myspace.com/sleepinggiant

There's a few photos on there but you have to "add as friend". The page is being monitored by his family and girlfriend, so if you write in there that you're a Pearl Jam fan, and are aware of his story, i'm sure they'd add you.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    YellowduckYellowduck Posts: 1
    Anyone know the significance of Brian's myspace page "sleepingiant"?
    It struck me as odd. In Thunder Bay we look upon the sleeping giant accross the bay http://www.thunderbay.ca .... there is a provincial park out there too.
    We also have a university with a med school. I am not saying he is here I just thought that the sleeping giant thing was interesting.
  • Options
    So here's the deal...There's a racetrack in Ohio, and during an upcoming race, one of the drivers will feature Brian's picture on his car, as well as a photo of another missing Ohio adult.

My original post (at 9:24 PM ET) follows:

If anyone is in the Central Ohio area, WTTE-28 (our local FOX affiliate) is featuring a story on him tonight in the 10 PM hour, less than 35 minutes away. Apparently the authorities are trying a different approach in finding him.

Hopefully someone will have more developments later, I just wanted to put this up as a notice.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Yellowduck wrote:
    It struck me as odd. In Thunder Bay we look upon the sleeping giant accross the bay http://www.thunderbay.ca .... there is a provincial park out there too.
    We also have a university with a med school. I am not saying he is here I just thought that the sleeping giant thing was interesting.
    At this point, that would be worth looking into. I am amazed at what ISN'T being done. I know a lot of stuff has been done, but for this guy to just disappear and all I would just think the usual stuff would had been done. It seems to me that a lot of stuff that is done for other missing people just hasn't been done for this guy.
    I hope there is some resolution to this soon. I can't imagine being a loved one of his and just not knowing.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Here's what i'm thinking:

I hope they're doing something, just not announcing it. If they announce what they're doing, then if someone really did do something awful, that'll tip the investigator's hand.

It hurts for us, but sometimes the best investigation is a silent one.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Here's what i'm thinking:

I hope they're doing something, just not announcing it. If they announce what they're doing, then if someone really did do something awful, that'll tip the investigator's hand.

It hurts for us, but sometimes the best investigation is a silent one.

Thank you so much for keeping us informed and I am very happy that they're trying a different approach to find him!

I agree with you that sometimes the silent investigation is the best approach in an effort to get as much information as possible without hurting the process itself.

Thanks again, Lost In Ohio!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    What about America's Most Wanted???? They seem to be able to pull a story out of nowhere, and get answers rather quickly. They usually do missing children reports, but this is a very weird, interesting situation.

or at the end of Without a Trace they put up a pic of a missing person. Might be worth firing an e-mail off to someone at the network or that show...see if Brian can be the story they promote after the show.

Thats awesome about the race. I hope it generates some leads.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    kai23kai23 Posts: 16
    Don't know him though...hope he is found soon..safe and sound and back with our PJ Jamily here. Too many good people go missing and are lost for no good other then senseless violence..hoping this is not the reason here
    Shauna Kai Boone

- Darkness comes in waves--tell me--why invite it to stay--I will not lose my faith--it's inside job today--life comes from within my heart...just for today I am free...Eddie/Mike- Inside Job

10/7/96, 9/22/98, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 4/11/03,6/11/08
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

This sounds like a similar case in Columbus:

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/recovered.cfm?id=34259

Is there anyway to get Brian on this website? It couldn't hurt.

Thoughts & Prayers,

dj
  • Options
    Yellowduck wrote:

I doubt it's relevant to the case. He made the myspace page himself before he disappeared. It's not like "SleepingGiant" is a clue as to where he could be.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    This sounds like a similar case in Columbus:

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/recovered.cfm?id=34259

Is there anyway to get Brian on this website? It couldn't hurt.

Thoughts & Prayers,

dj
    Poor girl. They found her body a quarter mile from my house...scary that someone would just dump a body there by the resevior.
    I think they caught the guy though.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    crittables wrote:

"If they beat him up like they said they did and carried him out the front door, there was no fight that night. They would have known about it. There's security all over the place. Somebody would have seen something. Security would have picked up on a camera and that didn't happen," Randy said.

I totally agree. Brian was out with a guy and another girl (Clint and Meredith.) If there was a fight, someone would have heard or seen something. Video cameras would have captured him leaving with other people, unless he met them at the apartment, but the article doesn't lead me to believe he went to this apartment alone.

I'm not buying this story.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    reminding....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    http://www.10tv.com/?story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200707/1527908324.html

"It's just a fresh set of eyes and maybe they'll find something," said Randy Shaffer. "I kind of hope it's for the good."

There's also a video at that link.

(And yes, I apologize for not getting this up sooner. I kept forgetting. :()
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I'm still holding out hope that they find him with a serious case of amnesia.
    It's been sooooooooooo long :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Whoa I actually saw his story on MSNBC the other day. That channel or one like it had run the whole story and showed the tapes of Brian going in the Bar and everything. And they talked with his fiance' Dam this is so sad. Our world is so bad!
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    I hope something develops and he's ok. I haven't chimed in on this thread yet, but I do read it from time to time. It's so sad, but I can't imagine what his family and fiance are going through. I want the best for all of them.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i cant believe the authorities still havent heard from or found this guy yet.
  • Options
    A friend of mine said that a crime show on Fox News was going to have a story on this tonight (Wed. 8/22) at 10pm for those of you who are following the story.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    more than one year ago and still nothing about Brian :( hopefully he's OK....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    he's in hiding.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I wonder if maybe he read the Into the Wild book and moved to Alaska?

Not trying to make joke, but after my wife's stepdad got cancer, we told ourselves he moved to Chicago, easier that way.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    amnesia
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    Was already in a sad mood, and saw this thread....omg, this is tragic. How can a man just disappear like this and nnot be found i over a year?? I so hope this goes well....feel with the guys father and gf.

Had to put on Down
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    saying a prayer for you
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.html

A bone was found in an area where Brian's cell phone was last used. The bone is currently undergoing testing.