Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    yay for a good checkup! :)

i haven't had to buy any new bras yet...so far, no big changes on that part of my body...unfortunately!!!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    i haven't had to buy any new bras yet...so far, no big changes on that part of my body...unfortunately!!!

Yeah but you will if you plan on nursing at all.
    I went to Wal Mart to see what they had cause a chick in
    my prenatal class said they were cheap on comfy. But absolutley nothing fit.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    yay for a good checkup! :)

I've had to buy the next size up already and I am only 12 weeks. I normally sleep without any kind of bra support but now my breasts are really hurting at night everytime I move even a little bit. They feel much heavier. I'm starting to wonder whather I should start wearing a bra to bed.
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I've had to buy the next size up already and I am only 12 weeks. I normally sleep without any kind of bra support but now my breasts are really hurting at night everytime I move even a little bit. They feel much heavier. I'm starting to wonder whather I should start wearing a bra to bed.

Dont worry that should go away.
    Wear one if it makes you more comfy though.
    At the beginning I was really tired all the time and
    I definatley needed as much sleep as possible.
  • Options
    The bras I bought are:

Medela Seemless, underwire, narrow strap.
    and
    Medela Plus Line with underwire (not soft cup).

http://www.medela.ca/CDN/en/breastfeeding/products/bras.php?navid=26
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    genevieve wrote:
    The bras I bought are:

Medela Seemless, underwire, narrow strap.
    and
    Medela Plus Line with underwire (not soft cup).

http://www.medela.ca/CDN/en/breastfeeding/products/bras.php?navid=26

thanks for posting that! those look really high quality. I will definitely check them out.
  • Options
    thanks for posting that! those look really high quality. I will definitely check them out.

Just keep in mind I posted the Canadian link.
    But you can google it.
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    genevieve wrote:
    Yeah but you will if you plan on nursing at all.
    I went to Wal Mart to see what they had cause a chick in
    my prenatal class said they were cheap on comfy. But absolutley nothing fit.

Yea ~ i'm planning on trying to breast feed...hopefully it goes ok for me, b/c i really want to do it for a little while.

i've never been very ummm...'blessed' shall we say on the top part of my body. i'm petite, and have been in the same size bra since my freshman year of highschool ~ and i'm 23! AND 24wks preggo! i was really looking forward to finally having a more voluptious chest...so hopefully things will start to 'fill out' more in the coming weeks! i'd love to have to buy a bigger bra!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    Can't wait for some of these pregnant stories to become new baby stories. Everyone's gonna have so much fun
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    Yea ~ i'm planning on trying to breast feed...hopefully it goes ok for me, b/c i really want to do it for a little while.

i've never been very ummm...'blessed' shall we say on the top part of my body. i'm petite, and have been in the same size bra since my freshman year of highschool ~ and i'm 23! AND 24wks preggo! i was really looking forward to finally having a more voluptious chest...so hopefully things will start to 'fill out' more in the coming weeks! i'd love to have to buy a bigger bra!

Everything I've read about breast feeding says that breast size shouldn't effect your ability to produce milk. I'm sure you'll do fine! :)
  • Options
    Everything I've read about breast feeding says that breast size shouldn't effect your ability to produce milk. I'm sure you'll do fine! :)

Oh yeah theres a chick in my one class that is going on her 3rd kid and
    she has only gone from an A to just barely a B all 3 times.
    She brought in a bra to show us whats available at Wal Mart and I gotta
    as I knew when I saw it that Wal Mart wouldnt be stocking in my size!!! :D
  • Options
    How was everyones weekend?

Hellfish how was baby for the Easter festivities?
  • Options
    slept thru most of it. was passed around more than the biscuits at the dinner table, and only woke up for a bottle and a new diaper. hope all the ladies are feeling good, as some of you enter the homestretch
  • Options
    BRAS!

Hi guys, I noticed that one of you has not bought a new bra yet because your breasts aren't bigger, and one of you have bought underwire bras to use as maternity bras, I just want to share this little tid-bit from an Australian breastfeeding site in case you want to reconsider your underwire choices....

"Is it true I can't wear an underwire?

Many women prefer underwire fashion bras and are confused when told these are not recommended during pregnancy or lactation. The reason for this is, once again, your changing breast shape. When breastfeeding, the breasts can increase and decrease in size during the day, as milk is produced and removed. Retained fluid in late pregnancy can also cause the breast to swell. Although only a slight change in size is occurring, a rigid underwire may put pressure on the breast when it is fuller. Such pressure can lead to blocked milk ducts or mastitis and it is for this reason inflexible underwire bras are not recommended. However, there are now nursing bras available that have a flexible plastic support, similar to an underwire, designed to flex and change position with your changing shape. These are less likely to cause problems."

http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/bra.html
  • Options
    I had a pretty uneventful weekend... I'm getting a little tired of being stuck in my house, but at least now that the weather is getting nicer we can sit on the back porch so I can get some fresh air! Despite the cabin fever, I'm still feeling great. :)

When I got maternity bras, I got two that were underwire-less and I have hated them the whole time! Not since my second or third bra have I gone without an underwire and I could never get used to them. They were constructed pretty poorly, though, so I think as long as I get some higher-quality nursing bras, I should be able to find some decent ones that support without the underwire.
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    BRAS!

Hi guys, I noticed that one of you has not bought a new bra yet because your breasts aren't bigger, and one of you have bought underwire bras to use as maternity bras, I just want to share this little tid-bit from an Australian breastfeeding site in case you want to reconsider your underwire choices....

"Is it true I can't wear an underwire?

Many women prefer underwire fashion bras and are confused when told these are not recommended during pregnancy or lactation. The reason for this is, once again, your changing breast shape. When breastfeeding, the breasts can increase and decrease in size during the day, as milk is produced and removed. Retained fluid in late pregnancy can also cause the breast to swell. Although only a slight change in size is occurring, a rigid underwire may put pressure on the breast when it is fuller. Such pressure can lead to blocked milk ducts or mastitis and it is for this reason inflexible underwire bras are not recommended. However, there are now nursing bras available that have a flexible plastic support, similar to an underwire, designed to flex and change position with your changing shape. These are less likely to cause problems."

http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/bra.html

I bought nursing bras.
    Made by a company that makes really well know and highest quality breast pumps and breast feeding supplies. I am a G 34. I bought two H 36 bras. Having a chest that large if I had no support I would be in constant pain. It is my only choice. I tried on tons of bras that had no support at all. I would just have to go braless otherwise. Its just a fact of life.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I bought nursing bras.
    Made by a company that makes really well know and highest quality breast pumps and breast feeding supplies. I am a G 34. I bought two H 36 bras. Having a chest that large if I had no support I would be in constant pain. It is my only choice. I tried on tons of bras that had no support at all. I would just have to go braless otherwise. Its just a fact of life.

I would say if they were made by such a company that they probably make the best they can. They might have the flexible underwire that the article speaks about. I'm not sure what size a G 34 or H 36 bra is, I just looked up a conversion table and I am now 16D, which I think is 38D, so I can see why you definately need the support.
  • Options
    I had a pretty uneventful weekend... I'm getting a little tired of being stuck in my house, but at least now that the weather is getting nicer we can sit on the back porch so I can get some fresh air! Despite the cabin fever, I'm still feeling great. :)

When I got maternity bras, I got two that were underwire-less and I have hated them the whole time! Not since my second or third bra have I gone without an underwire and I could never get used to them. They were constructed pretty poorly, though, so I think as long as I get some higher-quality nursing bras, I should be able to find some decent ones that support without the underwire.

Glad to here you are getting fresh air. It's getting cold here so I am starting to be indoors more and more.

I am the same with you with not wearing an underwire bra. I didn't think it would support me at all, but actually the two that I have have been pretty good without wire. I have a feeling they won't last that way for long though.
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I would say if they were made by such a company that they probably make the best they can.

That's what I think too. If I'm going to wear an underwire, I would trust that company's bras before all others, just because of their reputation.
  • Options
    Yeah thats why I bought from that brand.
    I know you are supposed to stay away from underwire.
    But honestly out of the ones I tried and saw this looked like the best quality.
    Hands down.
    And the best price too!
  • Options
    casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    How accurate are pregnancy tests? It says you use it preferably in the morning, but she did it this evening. And is it normal to not have your period after more than 6 weeks and not be pregnant?

I'm a bit confused here...

Thanks

ps: I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if it's already in here somewhere.
  • Options
    pearlwax wrote:
    How accurate are pregnancy tests? It says you use it preferably in the morning, but she did it this evening. And is it normal to not have your period after more than 6 weeks and not be pregnant?

Thanks

Tough to answer because every woman is different. Before pregnancy, for me, yes it was completely normal. Sometimes I'd go 3 or 4 months without one.
    Sometimes its not normal, and could indicate pregnancy or an under lying problem. Like I said, hard to say for sure, best to see your (or her) doctor!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    pearlwax wrote:

Thanks

Home tests are pretty accurate. They do say, however, that it's more likely to get a false negative than a false positive. Sometimes the hormone levels aren't high enough in the urine to register and they have to do a blood test.

Fyi, I did mine in the evening and it registered "pregnant" within SECONDS...lol.

I have had a lot of very late periods in my life, though. I have gone 2-3 months at a time in college because of ovarian cysts. Stress, diet and hormonal issues can cause a woman to miss her period.
  • Options
    i believe they're 99.7% accurate. I think that's what it said on the box. We did it twice, both said pregnant
  • Options
    casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Thanks. It's a bit weird, cause she's only been off the pil for three months and then her periods where like clockwork.
  • Options
    pearlwax wrote:
    Thanks. It's a bit weird, cause she's only been off the pil for three months and then her periods where like clockwork.

When I went off the pill my periods went a bit wonky.
    But my doctor said A false positive is not common.
    Although false negatives happen quite often.

Best to get some bloodwork done to find out for sure! :)
    Ooohhh! Exciting.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    When I went off the pill my periods went a bit wonky.
    But my doctor said A false positive is not common.
    Although false negatives happen quite often.

Best to get some bloodwork done to find out for sure! :)
    Ooohhh! Exciting.

99.7 % sounds like there would never be a mistake, but it's 3 out of 1000, so they definately happen. I guess everyone's different, cause my wife's Dr. told her she would not get pregnant for a few months after going off the pill. My supersperm did the trick in a few weeks
  • Options
    99.7 % sounds like there would never be a mistake, but it's 3 out of 1000, so they definately happen. I guess everyone's different, cause my wife's Dr. told her she would not get pregnant for a few months after going off the pill. My supersperm did the trick in a few weeks

Yeah it took me over a year to get pregnant after being on the pill for 10yrs.
    But both my sister in law and a friend of mine both got pregnant really quick.
  • Options
    pearlwax wrote:

Thanks

She should definately see the doctor if this is not usual for her, there are a number of things that may cause this and it's best to know what they are. Also consider that some of the women here have said that going off of the pill can cause a womans period to be a little of track (I can't tell you that, because I've never been on the pill) or also I would buy two more tests and try again, making sure you do at least one in the morning.

My personal experience is that my period cycle had been pretty regular at about 28 days for years, then for about six months before I became pregnant it started going a little off wack, but always earlier than the 28 days (I don't know why it went a little heywire, but like I said there are a lot of reasons it can happen, so I saw the doctor and had a papsmear (not painful at all) and she gave me the all clear for cancer and infection, so it was probably stress and bad diet, etc). Anyway, one month I actually didn't get my period early, so on day 28 I bought two tests and used the first test that night. A very faint positive line appeared, but it was only very faint so I decided to try again in the morning and when I did another very very faint positive line appeared, so the next day I went to the doctor and they did a urine test and another very faint posiitive line came up, but because it was so faint they wanted to do a blood test as well to make sure it was a significant amount of hormone in my body, which it was. So really I think whether your girlfriend is pregnant or not she should definately go to the doctor so that if she is pregnant she can start looking after herself properly straight away in preparation for the baby and if she is not pregnant she can rule out infection, etc. Also, something that made me suspect that I was pregnant before I even did the test is that straight away I was extrememly tired to the point of exhaustion and constantly looking in the fridge and cupboards for something to eat and I didn't know why.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Yeah it took me over a year to get pregnant after being on the pill for 10yrs.
    But both my sister in law and a friend of mine both got pregnant really quick.

I think my sister got pregnant within about 2 months of coming off the pill. She had probably been on the pill for about 7 years (guessing)