hahaha, I guess not!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Well Im very much enjoying being a mom.
    My "bits" seem to be all healed and other than some stretch marks
    and a tummy thats a tad squishy (excercise will help with that)
    Im quite happy with how things went and are going.

I quick update:
    Birthdate Adria weighed 7lbs 11oz
    Is now 9lbs 3oz.
    Was 20 inches
    is now 20 3/4.

Wow shes doing good! :D

Eating and sleeping are her life.
    Oh I guess she also gets some kicks out of peeing while Eric is changing her!
    hehehehehe...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    genevieve wrote:
    Well Im very much enjoying being a mom.
    My "bits" seem to be all healed and other than some stretch marks
    and a tummy thats a tad squishy (excercise will help with that)
    Im quite happy with how things went and are going.

I quick update:
    Birthdate Adria weighed 7lbs 11oz
    Is now 9lbs 3oz.
    Was 20 inches
    is now 20 3/4.

Wow shes doing good! :D

Eating and sleeping are her life.
    Oh I guess she also gets some kicks out of peeing while Eric is changing her!
    hehehehehe...

Sounds really good!!! :) I can't wait till its my turn to enjoy my new baby!! How old is she now? And how are you feeling? Does she sleep well at night?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Gen...I'm glad things are going good for you...I seem to get more excited every day.

I read PBW book What To Expect When You're Expecting at work on Saturday.

I think I know more about the pregnancy now than she does. :D:p

Trying to exercise with her on a daily basis...that's the main thing right now...and trying to remind her to drink lots of water.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    She was 3 weeks yesterday.
    I am breastfeeding and Im not in constant pain and I have no cracking or anything.
    She sleeps anywhere from 2hrs to 4hrs at a time.
    She has small bursts where she is up for a couple hrs straight.
    A few times she has gone 5 or 6 hrs at night. I dont bother to wake
    her up and get her to feed cause she is gaining weight so well and has no jaundice.

The one thing I will say she has that I had to ask about is she got a crusty eye one day last week. Turns out she has a clogged tear duct. It can last
    anywhere from a few day to 1yr old. Apparently 40% of babies get this at some time in the first month. So ladies and dads dont stress if it happens.
    Just wipe with a warm cloth lots, massage the corner of thier eye just below.
    And get this... squirt breastmilk in thier eye at every feeding. Breastmilk is
    both antibiotic and sterile so its supposed to really help.
  • Options
    Gen...I'm glad things are going good for you...I seem to get more excited every day.

I read PBW book What To Expect When You're Expecting at work on Saturday.

I think I know more about the pregnancy now than she does. :D:p

Trying to exercise with her on a daily basis...that's the main thing right now...and trying to remind her to drink lots of water.

PBM

Dont forget the other books weve mentioned.
    They are sometimes a bit more helpful than WTEWE.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Dont forget the other books weve mentioned.
    They are sometimes a bit more helpful than WTEWE.

I've read so many books and magazines about pregnancy....:)

Everything I find, I try to read from cover to cover.

I've learned some very interesting things. :o

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Glad to hear everything is going so well Gen!!

Interesting info about the eye infection.. never heard to squirt breastmilk in their eye! But i could see how that would help.... thanks for the tip!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    Quiet RhythmQuiet Rhythm Posts: 104
    Glad things are going well for you Gen :)
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    MoonchildMoonchild Posts: 46
    genevieve wrote:
    She was 3 weeks yesterday.
    I am breastfeeding and Im not in constant pain and I have no cracking or anything.
    She sleeps anywhere from 2hrs to 4hrs at a time.
    She has small bursts where she is up for a couple hrs straight.
    A few times she has gone 5 or 6 hrs at night. I dont bother to wake
    her up and get her to feed cause she is gaining weight so well and has no jaundice.

The one thing I will say she has that I had to ask about is she got a crusty eye one day last week. Turns out she has a clogged tear duct. It can last
    anywhere from a few day to 1yr old. Apparently 40% of babies get this at some time in the first month. So ladies and dads dont stress if it happens.
    Just wipe with a warm cloth lots, massage the corner of thier eye just below.
    And get this... squirt breastmilk in thier eye at every feeding. Breastmilk is
    both antibiotic and sterile so its supposed to really help.

It sounds very exciting. :) How has your energy level been? I'm a little concerned about the lack of sleep everyone talks about during the first year.
    You can't know what it's like, to bleed from here,
    The blackened world goes white, it goes nowhere...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  • Options
    Moonchild wrote:
    It sounds very exciting. :) How has your energy level been? I'm a little concerned about the lack of sleep everyone talks about during the first year.

My energy is fine.
    But I only hava one. So I can sleep in with her till like 11am.
    S in that way Im lucky. I dont stress about having to get up
    in the middle of the night to feed cause I know Im gonna get sleep.
    Im lucky to not have that frustration.
    My hubbie helps tons too so I dont stress about getting stuff done.
    I think that the wear and tear for most must come from lack of sleep
    and not asking for help.
  • Options
    the wife and I have been trying for 3 years now. $30k later, and still no kid, but we know it'll happen. Taking a little break to go to Cosat Rica for both our 30th bdays and our 5 year anniversary....Then it'll be back to trying again.
  • Options
    the wife and I have been trying for 3 years now. $30k later, and still no kid, but we know it'll happen. Taking a little break to go to Cosat Rica for both our 30th bdays and our 5 year anniversary....Then it'll be back to trying again.

Well good luck
    Stress doesnt seem to help.
    I have a friend going through the same thing
  • Options
    MoonchildMoonchild Posts: 46
    Feeling movement now. I only notice it at the end of the day, when I'm sitting still. At work I'm too busy to notice it. It's really amazing!! :):p
    You can't know what it's like, to bleed from here,
    The blackened world goes white, it goes nowhere...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What is the best way to breastfeed?

My mum said she fed her 5 kids every 4 hours without fail. That way she could take us to the shops etc and know that we wouldn't be hungry until 2pm. She got us all into a routine early so she could really manage her time for that day.

But then a lot of people I know demand feed now. When the baby cries, you feed him/her.

What are your views? Which way is better? What are hospitals, books and classes recommending?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What is the best way to breastfeed?

My mum said she fed her 5 kids every 4 hours without fail. That way she could take us to the shops etc and know that we wouldn't be hungry until 2pm. She got us all into a routine early so she could really manage her time for that day.

But then a lot of people I know demand feed now. When the baby cries, you feed him/her.

What are your views? Which way is better? What are hospitals, books and classes recommending?

Demand feeding is the best! Each baby is totally different and so are their food needs. How would you like to be hungry and not get fed? I have 4 sons....3 of them nursed completely for a long time, all of them stretched out their feedings naturally over the course of a few weeks or months. Demand feeding creates very calm happy babies, they know their needs will be met....no need to freak out when they want to eat! My three that were nursed were the best babies, and now are great teens. The one that wasn't nursed and he was on a schedule was a really hard baby for the first 4 months, I listened to the experts instead of my gut. All are really thin, no food issues at all.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Demand feeding is the best! Each baby is totally different and so are their food needs. How would you like to be hungry and not get fed? I have 4 sons....3 of them nursed completely for a long time, all of them stretched out their feedings naturally over the course of a few weeks or months. Demand feeding creates very calm happy babies, they know their needs will be met....no need to freak out when they want to eat! My three that were nursed were the best babies, and now are great teens. The one that wasn't nursed and he was on a schedule was a really hard baby for the first 4 months, I listened to the experts instead of my gut. All are really thin, no food issues at all.

oxc

Mum said we were all very happy and just got hungry every 4 hours. But I can see your point about demand feeding. I don't really have an opinion on the subject. Don't know enough about it! :)

What is the recommended minimum period to breastfeed?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    Moonchild wrote:
    Feeling movement now. I only notice it at the end of the day, when I'm sitting still. At work I'm too busy to notice it. It's really amazing!! :):p

I only started to feel the baby move a week or so ago. At first I wasn't sure if it even was the baby or not and it happened about once a day. After a few days it started happening more often. It is so weird. It shocks me sometimes because I am not ready for it. yesterday I woke up at 4:30am to go to the toilet and when I came back to bed the baby started moving like crazy. I think it was doing acrobatics. I put my hand there and I felt it for the first time from the outside so I quickly put my fiances hand there and he was able to feel it for the first time. very exciting. And today is our second ultrasound so we get to see it as well. woohoo.
  • Options
    Had an appt. yesterday... everything is going good.. i'm still measuring 3 weeks bigger .... baby is already in the head down position! (so thats good!), they have moved up my appts. to every 2 weeks & they want to do another ultrasound to take another peak & get measurements & decide if they want to move my due date up from August 5th. I've been saying all along i thought they were a couple weeks off. The Doc said yesterday that we may be looking at Mid-July!! :D So i have an ultrasound on this coming Tuesday morning ~ i'll keep you all posted on what they say!! :) i'm very anxious!!!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    Had an appt. yesterday... everything is going good.. i'm still measuring 3 weeks bigger .... baby is already in the head down position! (so thats good!), they have moved up my appts. to every 2 weeks & they want to do another ultrasound to take another peak & get measurements & decide if they want to move my due date up from August 5th. I've been saying all along i thought they were a couple weeks off. The Doc said yesterday that we may be looking at Mid-July!! :D So i have an ultrasound on this coming Tuesday morning ~ i'll keep you all posted on what they say!! :) i'm very anxious!!!

That's awesome that your baby might come sooner and that he/she is already head down! :) I measured a week ahead for the first time at my last appointment, but I'm SO close now, so she could really come at any time. (I'm 38 weeks and 2 days today.) I'm already at 2 cm and 50% effaced, as well and I've been having SO many contractions for the last few days. :D
  • Options
    Im demand feeding
    Its really fine. She goes about 4hrsw in between most times right now.
    But there are certain times she eats more often.
    Babys will go through growth spurts too where the eat evey hour or every two.
    So I dont mind if she wants to eat more I know she needs it.
  • Options
    I heard my baby's heartbeat this morning during our ultrasound.

:)

PBM

• Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    I heard my baby's heartbeat this morning during our ultrasound.

PBM
    Awesome dude. Congrats. That must have been one of the coolest moments of you life.

I just found out a week ago I am going to be a dad myself. My perspective on a lot of things has changed.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    had my 32 week ultrasound yesterday, baby is healthy, 4lbs, has hair! and i got some GREAT pics!! And we caved in & found out what baby is ~~~ we are gonna have a little GIRL!!!! :D:D Chris & I are soo thrilled! He's already calling her his little princess!!! :D i'll share some ultrasound pics soon!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    I just found out a week ago I am going to be a dad myself. My perspective on a lot of things has changed.

You have no idea man (or maybe you do now ;)). I hate to sound overdramatic, but it's really brought new life into me.
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    had my 32 week ultrasound yesterday, baby is healthy, 4lbs, has hair! and i got some GREAT pics!! And we caved in & found out what baby is ~~~ we are gonna have a little GIRL!!!! Chris & I are soo thrilled! He's already calling her his little princess!!! i'll share some ultrasound pics soon!

As a father, this ultrasound gave me something tangible to grasp onto. One of the best days of my life.

PBM

• Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    had my 32 week ultrasound yesterday, baby is healthy, 4lbs, has hair! and i got some GREAT pics!! And we caved in & found out what baby is ~~~ we are gonna have a little GIRL!!!! :D:D Chris & I are soo thrilled! He's already calling her his little princess!!! :D i'll share some ultrasound pics soon!
    Thank heaven's for little girls...congrats!!!
    Glad to hear all is going well, your almost there!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:

*******CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!*********

So happy that she is well! If she is 4 pounds at 32 weeks, means she will be about 8 by your due date! Nice size baby coming!

I am so happy for you and Chris....thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    thanks for the congrats guys!

here is an album i just put up on photobucket.. i hope you can make sense of each pic!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/PJzGirlMeg/Baby%20Girl%20Lautz/
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    ^^^PICTURES ARE INCREDIABLE!!! I can't believe how you can see her little face so clearly! I had my kids in the dark ages~things have changed!

PBM....the best days of your life are coming! I have 4 sons, they are the greatest, most rewarding part of my life. Hubby and I are going to celebrate 25 years next June...we were going to take a big trip alone....we decided that we would rather have our kids with us!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    Those pictures are great!!! That gets me so excited.

I am so happy for you!!!

PBM