Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Too bad about your shoulder, I forgot all about it.
    How long is it gonna take to heal up all better?

Ill check out the new pictures.

Oooh we put a ceiling fan in the baby room.
    Sounds like that will have been a smart choice!!! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    MoonchildMoonchild Posts: 46
    I'm pregnant too! :) 19 weeks
    Had my second ultrasound today. It's a girl, what we were both hoping for.
    Lots of painting, decorating and baby things to buy, borrow and steal! :D
    You can't know what it's like, to bleed from here,
    The blackened world goes white, it goes nowhere...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  • Options
    Moonchild wrote:

Welcome to the preggo club! :D
    Hope all goes well for you.
    You have to keep us all posted now that you have let it slip.
    I think there are a few due right around the same time as you.
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    Moonchild wrote:

Congrats! 27 weeks pregnant here ~ my due date was originally August 5th ... dont know what i'm having...i have a shy baby here! At my last ultrasound at around 20weeks, baby was keeping its legs closed! soooo we couldn't find out! :( but ~ i've gotten used to the fact & am now looking forward to the big suprise!! :D

i had a DR. appt on Monday, and she said that my belly is meausring at 30 weeks! So i may be farther along than what we originally thought...or i may of just had a big growth spurt & wont grow much more for the next few weeks... my next appt. is on June 1st, so we shall see if i am still bigger, or on track. If i'm 3 weeks ahead of schedule ~ then my due date would be July 15th!

....i think i've already said this on here.... oops... haha
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    Oh Ive measured big a few times.
    One month I gained 10lbs abut didnt gain more than 2 the next.
    Then I lost a few pounds the next.
    I doubt anyone will be too early.
    I have a class this afternoon and an appt.
    I will see what Im measuring and let you know.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Hi guys!!! Hope everyone is very well! FightingHellFish, you're little boy is gorgeous!

Last night I had a BBQ with about 20 friends for my birthday. Most of us are in around 27 to 32 and we got into a drunk conversation about pregancy and kids etc and I told my "I want a caesarean" theory and boy did I cop it! LOL AGAIN!!!! ;):D

HOWEVER, I figured out the reason why I want one....I have had a few "painful" experiences in my life such as getting a cyst cut out and the local not working and feeling the scalpel etc and then having to get it packed with gauze and then cleaned and repacked for the next week etc. **shudders at the memory** And I went through that twice! I was told I had a VERY high pain threshold but I never ever want to go through pain like that again.

SOOOO, I think the reason I want a caesarean is because I would rather have less pain that stretches over a longer period of time like 4-6 weeks than to have to deal with ALL the pain at once.

I could never properly put into words before -- but that is the reason.

In conclusion, I think I must be a big scaredy cat!!! :o
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    to each, their own zig :)

it's a tough subject, don't let people make you justify your choices (hard i bet though :o), i completely respect your reasons!

glad the barbie went great :D

about natural birth vs. caesarean... well i'm a little off that track for now, i'll come back when i'm ready for kiddies :eek: ;)
    wah
  • Options
    Thank you genevieve and ziggy star. Very kind words.

Jack was baptised today. He slept thru most of it. I hope everyone expecting here is as lucky as we are. This kid is so good. I know that sounds like typical parent rhetoric. I know a few people who will tell you how angelic their kid is while he's kicking you in the shins. I promise you I will never, ever be that parent. But Jack really only cries when he's hungry or when he needs a new diaper.

Genevieve...should be a few more weeks for the shoulder. I'm still in the sling 80% of the time. Last night I fed Jack for the 1st time since surgery. The hard part was sitting him up to be burped. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432

Jack was baptised today. He slept thru most of it. I hope everyone expecting here is as lucky as we are. This kid is so good. I know that sounds like typical parent rhetoric. I know a few people who will tell you how angelic their kid is while he's kicking you in the shins. I promise you I will never, ever be that parent. But Jack really only cries when he's hungry or when he needs a new diaper.

Genevieve...should be a few more weeks for the shoulder. I'm still in the sling 80% of the time. Last night I fed Jack for the 1st time since surgery. The hard part was sitting him up to be burped. Thanks for asking.

My second son was like that.....and he is now the sweetest 17 year old to ever live. He does have a temper but has to be pushed to the limit....and never does he get angry at me....and if I'm mad at him, to put it in his words, he bugs out!

Enjoy your babies all.....it goes so quickly. I've enjoyed reading all your posts, reminds me of my own sweet little ones of years ago.

Just for the record....I've found teens to be way easier then all the stages put together. My oldest will be 19 soon, my youngest is 12....so I may be tested at some point!

Good labor to those in waiting!!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    I just guiltlessly ate a handfull of oreos for breakfast. Pregnancy rules. :D

(Of course, for the sake of the baby, I did eat some fruit and a bowl of oatmeal after that...the oreos were for me. ;))

I had a dr. appointment yesterday and found out that Annabelle is still head-down and the dr. doesn't think she'll turn again at this point. YAY!! :D I also lost a pound...which is why I *guiltlessly* ate the oreos. I still would have eaten them regardless, but I would have felt a little guilt if I'd gained instead..hehe. ;)

Hope you're all doing well girls! genevieve, how did your dr. appointment go? Everytime I see this thread I think you could be off somewhere having a baby right now!! You're getting so close! I can't wait for my time to come!
  • Options

Hellfish, your little boy is SO cute! His face is angelic! I can't wait to see my little one. I'm going nuts here with anticipation. :D
  • Options
    Well J Lo, I was having a baby on monday!

Labor was a crazy experience so Ill try to sum it up a bit and elaborate later.

My water broke without contractions at 12am monday.
    Contractions started at 1:30am. Very regular 5mins apart about 30secs to 1min long.
    They stayed steady the whole time.
    I stayed in bed till 6am. then I had to get up and start walking around.
    We got to the hospital at 7:30 am. Our Doula pulled up at the same time.
    "Transition" was intense and painful. I had no pain meds at all.
    Pushed for about 50mins. I birthed in a tub, got to pick her up out of the water myself!

All in all everything went very well.
    Ask me any questions at all. I have already described certain things in
    grave detail to my friends who wanted to know. :D Im not shy.
    So PM me and I will be candid.

Welcome Adria Rae!
    Ill post pics as soon as possible for you guys.
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!! :D

Adria Rae ~ what a pretty name! :D:D

sounds like you had a pretty good experience...you said you got to the hospital at 7:30 - what time did you actually have little Adria? How much did she weigh? Length? And where you late, or early? (on your due date) I cant wait to see pics!! :D

and how are you feeling now?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    CONGRATS!!!! :D

Adria Rae ~ what a pretty name! :D:D

sounds like you had a pretty good experience...you said you got to the hospital at 7:30 - what time did you actually have little Adria? How much did she weigh? Length? And where you late, or early? (on your due date) I cant wait to see pics!! :D

and how are you feeling now?

Born at 6:33pm
    7lbs 11.5oz
    20 inches.
    She was due on the 17th. So a bit early but I cant imagine her being at least a pound bigger!

I am feeling good. My shoulders and lower back are a bit sore.
    And my *ahem* "bits" are quite tender. But didnt need and episiotemy so thats good. Im a bit tired but hubby has been helping so much that I have managed sleep. So all in all Im doing very well and so is she.

The public health nurse came by to see how things are. I dont know if they do that in the US. And she got the heal prick for PKU and meabolic disease testing. So when the results are back from that we will be all clear.

We did have to run out and buy vitamin D drops. Nobody ever told us about that. But that was no biggie. Babies here just need em cause of sunlight and stuff.

Anyhoo Ill try to keep you guys posted.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    7lbs 11.5oz
    20 inches.
    She was due on the 17th. So a bit early but I cant imagine her being at least a pound bigger!

And my *ahem* "bits" are quite tender. But didnt need and episiotemy so thats good. Im a bit tired but hubby has been helping so much that I have managed sleep. So all in all Im doing very well and so is she.

The public health nurse came by to see how things are. I dont know if they do that in the US. And she got the heal prick for PKU and meabolic disease testing. So when the results are back from that we will be all clear.

We did have to run out and buy vitamin D drops. Nobody ever told us about that. But that was no biggie. Babies here just need em cause of sunlight and stuff.

I'm glad you're all doing so well!! At 7 lbs 11 oz, I'll bet you're glad she was a little early!

We had a growth scan today and at 35 weeks our baby is measuring 5lbs 12 oz. That's only one ounce less than I was when I was born at about 37.5 weeks. If the estimate is correct, she's growing at exactly the rate she's supposed to, which is great news!

How long did the transition phase last for you? It was always extremely fast for my mom, but her labors from start to finish were fast for all three of her babies. She talks about giving birth like she talks about getting a tooth filled...and she had never had any pain meds either. I'm certain my experience will be different if they induce me, but I've talked to a lot of women who had quick labors despite being induced.

In the U.S., (I believe this is across the board), they do all of the testing for PKU and other metabolic things in the hospital before discharging. What they test for varies from state to state, though. I know in Illinois there are 9 different things they screen for but they will also screen for other things that are in your family history if you request it.
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    genevieve wrote:

And my *ahem* "bits" are quite tender. But didnt need and episiotemy so thats good.
    woah...woah...no pain med's:eek: ton's of respect for you my friend!!!
    I also had no pain meds with my first, but ended up with an episiotemy...thank goodness for the adrenaline rush we get naturally under intense stress...*feeew*

Sounds like delivery went perfectly:)

* I am woman...hear me roar*:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    God i hope not!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Welcome to the preggo club! :D
    Hope all goes well for you.
    You have to keep us all posted now that you have let it slip.
    I think there are a few due right around the same time as you.

Thanks, I'm due at the end of Sept. I've popped a bit in the last week though. I'm not big for the 21st week but, I'm afraid my doctor will say something at my next pre-natal visit.
    When I look at my stomach, I can't believe it 's going to get soo much bigger! It seems big to me now! :)
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    Congrats! 27 weeks pregnant here ~ my due date was originally August 5th ... dont know what i'm having...i have a shy baby here! At my last ultrasound at around 20weeks, baby was keeping its legs closed! soooo we couldn't find out! :( but ~ i've gotten used to the fact & am now looking forward to the big suprise!! :D

i had a DR. appt on Monday, and she said that my belly is meausring at 30 weeks! So i may be farther along than what we originally thought...or i may of just had a big growth spurt & wont grow much more for the next few weeks... my next appt. is on June 1st, so we shall see if i am still bigger, or on track. If i'm 3 weeks ahead of schedule ~ then my due date would be July 15th!

....i think i've already said this on here.... oops... haha

Thanks, I'm only at the half-way mark yet, still so much growing to do! I'm starting to worry about the possibility of stretch marks now, since there's still a lot of expanding to do! :)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    7lbs 11.5oz
    20 inches.

Congratulations! You must be so thrilled!
    I guess you'll be quite busy now for a while. Would love to see a pic of your bundle of joy! :):)
  • Options
    How long did the transition phase last for you? It was always extremely fast for my mom, but her labors from start to finish were fast for all three of her babies. She talks about giving birth like she talks about getting a tooth filled...and she had never had any pain meds either. I'm certain my experience will be different if they induce me, but I've talked to a lot of women who had quick labors despite being induced.

Transition probably lasted 3 hrs.
    But that being said it was the last that sucked the worst.
    And then you just start getting these pushes that something other than you
    is controlling. I still remember the first heave. I was like whoa! where did
    that come from?!?
    Anyone see the movie A Knights Tale? "Pain! Lots and Lots of Pain!"
    But hey I lived through it. I didnt even ask for any relife. I never said
    "I cant do this anymore" So it was what I wanted it to be. I didnt stress
    and I drank tons of liquids. Sure I had to pee tons but no IV for me and
    the gatorade helped keep my energy up. Plus I ate all throughout till the end
    too. So good luck and stay strong everyone.

Im workin on the pictures thing.:D
  • Options
    awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

she is tooo cute!!! soo tiny! and precious!! i cant wait to meet my baby! how is everything going?? is she a good sleeper? (or no such luck?) Congrats again! She is beautiful! :D
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    :D:D:D What a cutie pie!!!!!! I love the shape of her little chin. :) I'm getting so anxious I can hardly stand it!
  • Options
    :D:D:D What a cutie pie!!!!!! I love the shape of her little chin. :) I'm getting so anxious I can hardly stand it!

When is your due date again? i cant remember... but do you get sick of people asking you that alllll the time?! i guess for me, b/c i work w/ a bunch of women, i tell them the same freaking date every week & then the following week they ask me "so whats your due date?" i'm like "people!!! my due date hasn't changed!! how hard is it to remember early august!!"....course i dont say that.... AAAND ~ i've had 2 different people on 2 different occasions say something along the lines of "you look like your about to pop! you must be due any day now!".... i just try to smile w/ out looking like im ready to rip their head off & tell them "nooo i've got a couple more months to go"...argh! *end*

and Gen ~ she is soo cute! i bet your sooo happy! i cant wait! :D
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    the pictures are great!

my wife is actually due today. Let's hope i get the call at work today saying she is having contractions. i'll keep my fingers crossed...and my toes.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    When is your due date again? i cant remember... but do you get sick of people asking you that alllll the time?! i guess for me, b/c i work w/ a bunch of women, i tell them the same freaking date every week & then the following week they ask me "so whats your due date?" i'm like "people!!! my due date hasn't changed!! how hard is it to remember early august!!"....course i dont say that.... AAAND ~ i've had 2 different people on 2 different occasions say something along the lines of "you look like your about to pop! you must be due any day now!".... i just try to smile w/ out looking like im ready to rip their head off & tell them "nooo i've got a couple more months to go"...argh! *end*

and Gen ~ she is soo cute! i bet your sooo happy! i cant wait! :D

I'm due June 17th! :) When I was still working, people repeatedly asked my due date...I told the same 6 or 7 women SO many times! Oh, and earlier this month when the pest control guy came to check the apartment, he said "you're gonna have that baby any day now, aren't you?" And I was like 'no...I'm due mid June." And he was like "oh...wow." THANKS! He might as well have just said "hey, you're really fat!" lol :D

My BP has still been pretty good, just a little bit higher than we'd like, but as long as nothing changes I'll make it to around 39 weeks. My doctor doesn't really want me to go longer than that so if my cervix is ready she might induce me at 39 weeks. We're hoping I don't make it that far though, because it'll be better to let it happen naturally.

EddiesGurl, I remember that you were measuring ahead. Are you back to normal now? Have they decided to keep your original due date?
  • Options
    I'm due June 17th! :) When I was still working, people repeatedly asked my due date...I told the same 6 or 7 women SO many times! Oh, and earlier this month when the pest control guy came to check the apartment, he said "you're gonna have that baby any day now, aren't you?" And I was like 'no...I'm due mid June." And he was like "oh...wow." THANKS! He might as well have just said "hey, you're really fat!" lol :D

My BP has still been pretty good, just a little bit higher than we'd like, but as long as nothing changes I'll make it to around 39 weeks. My doctor doesn't really want me to go longer than that so if my cervix is ready she might induce me at 39 weeks. We're hoping I don't make it that far though, because it'll be better to let it happen naturally.

EddiesGurl, I remember that you were measuring ahead. Are you back to normal now? Have they decided to keep your original due date?

Thats good about your BP ~ and if you make it 39 weeks i think thats great! You'll have a nice heathly baby! :) I hope everything stays going good for ya.

And yea ~ its like, people know that pregnant women are very 'hormonal'.. & they still say stupid stuff like that! I've now learned to NEVER say to a pregnant woman that i dont know "oh wow! you must be due any day now!"..b/c yes, i know that they really aren't meaning to make it sound like they are telling you that you look like a HUGE COW - but sometimes, it just is a little harder to take than others & you really dont want to hear those comments! argh!

and about my measuring... i haven't had my following doctors appt. yet, its June 1st. And she said we will just see how i'm measuring then & go from there. If i'm still measuring big, then they will do an ultra sound.. but she thinks i just had a big growth spurt & maybe wont grow much more for the next few weeks.... i dont know about that.. i've been saying all along that i thought i was a couple weeks farther than what the doc has been saying.... who knows! only the baby! :)
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    Gurl I remember measuring big and I just had a big weight gain. I didnt
    gain much more the next time.

J Lo So glad to hear you are doing well. Screw the pest guy. At least you
    are gaining weight. It would be much worse if this had thrown you for a loop
    and you were depressed and not gaining. Hooray!! Not much longer! :D

Adria is doing well. Last night she was up lots. I was pretty tired. But Hubby
    her and I all had a nice sleep in. I think she was a bit gassy cause after we
    gave her some drops she seemed a bit better.

I dont mind cause she has been sooo good and this was only one night so far.
    Plus I wasnt as concerned for my lack of sleep as I was for hers. :)

Glad the pictures are a hit. I know shes mine but I do think shes pretty cute.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Gurl I remember measuring big and I just had a big weight gain. I didnt
    gain much more the next time.

J Lo So glad to hear you are doing well. Screw the pest guy. At least you
    are gaining weight. It would be much worse if this had thrown you for a loop
    and you were depressed and not gaining. Hooray!! Not much longer! :D

Adria is doing well. Last night she was up lots. I was pretty tired. But Hubby
    her and I all had a nice sleep in. I think she was a bit gassy cause after we
    gave her some drops she seemed a bit better.

I dont mind cause she has been sooo good and this was only one night so far.
    Plus I wasnt as concerned for my lack of sleep as I was for hers. :)

Glad the pictures are a hit. I know shes mine but I do think shes pretty cute.

Yeah, I don't really care if I look huge; I'm just thrilled that she's growing at exactly the rate she is supposed to be growing!

And yes, Adria is pretty damn cute! :D