Options

Gay Marriage Ban

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    speedy mccready

i've read your posts for years. you use just as much humor (or whatever you wanna call it) in your posts. you cannnot say you do not. how can i take anything you say seriously? you know i'm trying to be lighthearted, humorous, and get my point across as simply as i can. i believe in good simple fun communication with adults on an adult topic. please do not be sore because i make all the sense in the world. and you know i am correct. your taxes will be paying for something homosexual in the near future; we are advancing as a society in regards to human rights and equality. even when simple innocent humor is added to the mix.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,935
    chadwick wrote:
    speedy mccready

i've read your posts for years. you use just as much humor (or whatever you wanna call it) in your posts. you cannnot say you do not. how can i take anything you say seriously? you know i'm trying to be lighthearted, humorous, and get my point across as simply as i can. i believe in good simple fun communication with adults on an adult topic. please do not be sore because i make all the sense in the world. and you know i am correct. your taxes will be paying for something homosexual in the near future; we are advancing as a society in regards to human rights and equality. even when simple innocent humor is added to the mix.

Very Good..

Back to equality....

What do you think should be done as far as Social Security benefits, Federal Employee benefits, and Military benefits in regards to same sex couples?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    chadwick wrote:
    speedy mccready

Very Good..

Back to equality....

What do you think should be done as far as Social Security benefits, Federal Employee benefits, and Military benefits in regards to same sex couples?

marriage is marriage.
    the same exact rights would be bestowed without regard to whether the married couple is gay or straight.

next...
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    rollings wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    speedy mccready

Very Good..

Back to equality....

marriage is marriage.
    the same exact rights would be bestowed without regard to whether the married couple is gay or straight.

next...

I agree.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rollings wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    speedy mccready

Very Good..

Back to equality....

marriage is marriage.

next...
    Do you see the Federal Government Of The United Staes allowing this to happen in the next 5-10-20 years?

And You really dont need to type in the...."next" comment...

We all know how important you are.....
    No need to shove it in our face....
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    Very Good..

Back to equality....

marriage is marriage.

next...
    Do you see the Federal Government Of The United Staes allowing this to happen in the next 5-10-20 years?

hehehe
  • Options
    Very Good..

Back to equality....

what is there to climb over as if a large boulder of confusion to understand? give them the exact same benefits package. it is nothing hard to understand. it actually takes reading and understanding of what is offered though benefits package and finally signing the paperwork into action.

john & john are now man & man. you may kiss the man. kissy kissy. over and done with. they have exactly what bob and helen have.

can a man marry with benefits his horse? no. that would be ridiculous no matter the paperwork. a human male is not a horse and a horse is not a human female or male

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    Very Good..

Back to equality....

marriage is marriage.

next...

It doesn't matter if I see the United States allowing it to happen or not, that's totally irrelevant

I would like to hear arguing points about why they should be excluded from the entitlements of marriage.

NOT that "the government ain't gonna allow it", or "ha ha look, a gay float",

I mean REAL arguing points. Do you have any? Does anybody?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    rollings wrote:

It doesn't matter if I see the United States allowing it to happen or not, that's totally irrelevant

I would like to hear arguing points about why they should be excluded from the entitlements of marriage.

Have a wonderful Mothers Day.....
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    rollings wrote:

thank you, rollings

this is simplistic
    your queary cannot be answered w/out prejudice/unequality and dislike/hatred being added to the mix

it is a fact gay people scare some folks.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollings wrote:

Have a wonderful Mothers Day
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Don't you love it when people talk about ya when you're not around...
    not :nono:
    Wow some people are being rather dense
    if not they can _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and have a nice Mother's Day :D

:shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why in 2012 is this even an issue? Why should only heterosexual couples be entitled to certain benefits? And how does Steve and Larry or Laurie and Sue being married impact heterosexual marriages? Maybe no one should be entitled to benefits.

And most importantly gay couples should be entitled to be miserable like heterosexual couples :P :P...I kid :P.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pandora wrote:
    Wow some people are being rather dense ;)
    perhaps they love to 'hear' me explain once again...because I have clearly explained every challenge and yet a few just can't get it ...
    what's up with that? :fp:
    I have explained exactly my stance and why...D

what i would like is for you to explain it just ONCE and do so clearly... but you seem incapable of answering a simple yes or no question with a simple yes or no.

pandora wrote:
    and again I want civil unions for all not just gays

so now its civil unions for all?? what about the institution of marriage? i just do not get how you say you are pro gay marriage, yet say it should be called a civil union or some other fancy anything-but-marriage name and now you think we should discard the term marriage. :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    This discussion has been most interesting to follow! I came across this map that details the current state by state status of gay marriage and civil unions. Seems to follow a political pattern - typically Republican states allow no or few benefits and typcially Democratic states allowing civil unions. It will be interesting to see how the Supeme Court rules on this decision.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-gm ... .htmlstory
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    perhaps they love to 'hear' me explain once again...because I have clearly explained every challenge and yet a few just can't get it ...

what i would like is for you to explain it just ONCE and do so clearly... but you seem incapable of answering a simple yes or no question with a simple yes or no.

pandora wrote:

so now its civil unions for all?? what about the institution of marriage? i just do not get how you say you are pro gay marriage, yet say it should be called a civil union or some other fancy anything-but-marriage name and now you think we should discard the term marriage. :think:
    I've explained repeatedly .... you don't want to get it or something :fp:

why cate? :nono:

every question you have asked I have answered... clearly boldly
    spelled it out

The govt does not need to define marriage yes, everyone would be bound
    in civil matrimony with the same name, same equal rights.
    And everyone would have their own definition of marriage

if this was the case we wouldn't even be having this discussion
    this what was spoke of in a different thread....

Brilliant idea
    and would bring resolution.

so I think you should be able to understand

what I don't understand is why you would make something
    ugly out of my precious lifelong friendships...

why cate ... can you explain that?
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Why in 2012 is this even an issue? Why should only heterosexual couples be entitled to certain benefits? And how does Steve and Larry or Laurie and Sue being married impact heterosexual marriages? Maybe no one should be entitled to benefits.

And most importantly gay couples should be entitled to be miserable like heterosexual couples :P :P...I kid :P.
    that aint no shit :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:

pandora wrote:

I've explained repeatedly .... you don't want to get it or something :fp:

why cate? :nono:

every question you have asked I have answered... clearly boldly
    spelled it out

The govt does not need to define marriage yes, everyone would be bound
    in civil matrimony with the same name, same equal rights.
    And everyone would have their own definition of marriage

if this was the case we wouldn't even be having this discussion
    this what was spoke of in a different thread....

Brilliant idea
    and would bring resolution.

so I think you should be able to understand

what I don't understand is why you would make something
    ugly out of my precious lifelong friendships...

why cate ... can you explain that?
    pandora, i haven't the foggiest idea what you are saying. it's been like this for a long while. it's not just catefrance who is confusioned

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    [
    pandora, i haven't the foggiest idea what you are saying. it's been like this for a long while. it's not just catefrance who is confusioned
    spell it out what you are saying ...
    what don't you get chadwick?
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    [
    yes/no questions.

do you, chadwick like roller coasters, yes/no?

well it started back in 1982 at adventurelad in des moines, iowa. it was fun and sickening dizzy. we camped, our 5 member family did, it was fun/unfun for 3 whole days. our gay friends came and joined in. we ate stupid shit at the amusement park and we had lots of picnics and we swam. i got 13 stitches in my groin from some crazy tall upside down ride. we left kinda smiling and kinda not :|

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    [
    yes/no questions.

do you, chadwick like roller coasters, yes/no?

well it started back in 1982 at adventurelad in des moines, iowa. it was fun and sickening dizzy. we camped, our 5 member family did, it was fun/unfun for 3 whole days. our gay friends came and joined in. we ate stupid shit at the amusement park and we had lots of picnics and we swam. i got 13 stitches in my groin from some crazy tall upside down ride. we left kinda smiling and kinda not :|
    TMI

I have answered all the questions if you need clarification just ask?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Pandora, I think people keep coming at you, because all of your posts are pushing an agenda that isnt necessarily pro-gay rights per se, but you claim to be pro gay marriage. This was also your first post in the thread, followed by many similar ones:
    pandora wrote:
    This for thousands of years ... it is marriage.

definition

marriage...
    "the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc."

A proponent of the law yesterday stated perhaps the gay community could leave marriage as is
    and establish a new amendment, giving a new name for the union of same sex couples
    with the same legal rights.

Since then you have clarified that you are pro gay marriage, and have also revealed that you have friends who are gay. In the interest of expidited "rights" under the government, you would support throwing "marriage" out and calling it "Civil Unions".
    People are getting confused because you seem to feel very so overly strong about pushing this through under "Civil Unions". So much though as it feeds the misconception that this is what you actually support. People are misunderstanding you.
    "Civil Unions" and/or alternate names for things isn't what most gay people or supporters of gay rights want. Furthermore, this isnt what most anti-gay people want either. We havent seen any evidence this is a formidable movement at all and people have provided evidence that this is a hinderance. The only "evidence" you have provided are your gay friends and an "interview you saw".
    You say the president should flippantly "pass an amendment" to make everything a civil union. The problem with that is, in our system of checks and balances, it would have to pass through a Republican Congress.... and there would be a lot of asses on the line (and out of office) if any R's voted in favor of gay rights. It would also have to pass through the Supreme Court. It is likely going to remain a State-to-State issue for some time.
    Also, the churches have Zero ownership of the term "marriage". It is a cultural and societal term.

The fight for gay marriage is gaining ground rapidly. You can see by the map posted above the amount of progress in just 10 years since it was a far-fetched social issue.

The main issue surrounding everything about gay rights is equality and understanding. Opponents believe that attraction to the same sex is a choice and a lifestyle. Validation/acceptance/legitimizing this lifestyle choice will breed more gay people in the community. Teachers in schools will recruit our children into this lifestyle and everyone will get AIDS. we will have crazy gay parades every month and drag queens will line the streets. Not only that, God will get angry and throw another Katrina our way if we grant gay rights.
    The sooner and longer everything is equal, that line of belief will be broken down and eroded.

Then you have gay people who cannot be themselves and are forced to live a lie and cannot love. In fear of losing their families, job, and "friends"... or maybe in fear of getting bullied or assaulted. These people live miserably for years of their lives and too often kill themselves as opposed to the choice of living a lie, or coming out and losing everything. Some "choice" of a lifestyle, huh?
    Making it so gay people can be out with it and lead normal, unobstructed lives is the ultimate goal... not just "marriage". Making compromises and concessions undermines the movement.

I do believe that Speedy provided some good points that you dont think about on the residual laws that would need to be adjusted for same sex marriages. I dont think it would be too unreasonable to add some language into those laws to include same-sex couples and maybe gear them to some kind of equitable split. There has got to be something in place now in states that allow SS Marriage, right? I think these laws need to be revisited/adjusted in most states (even without SS marriage) though as people seem to really get overly screwed.
    Also, would this open the door for some kind of scams people can run, along the lines of "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry"?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Pandora, I think people keep coming at you, because all of your posts are pushing an agenda that isnt necessarily pro-gay rights per se, but you claim to be pro gay marriage. This was also your first post in the thread, followed by many similar ones:
    pandora wrote:
    This for thousands of years ... it is marriage.

definition

marriage...
    "the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc."

A proponent of the law yesterday stated perhaps the gay community could leave marriage as is
    and establish a new amendment, giving a new name for the union of same sex couples
    with the same legal rights.

Since then you have clarified that you are pro gay marriage, and have also revealed that you have friends who are gay. In the interest of expidited "rights" under the government, you would support throwing "marriage" out and calling it "Civil Unions".
    People are getting confused because you seem to feel very so overly strong about pushing this through under "Civil Unions". So much though as it feeds the misconception that this is what you actually support. People are misunderstanding you.
    "Civil Unions" and/or alternate names for things isn't what most gay people or supporters of gay rights want. Furthermore, this isnt what most anti-gay people want either. We havent seen any evidence this is a formidable movement at all and people have provided evidence that this is a hinderance. The only "evidence" you have provided are your gay friends and an "interview you saw".
    You say the president should flippantly "pass an amendment" to make everything a civil union. The problem with that is, in our system of checks and balances, it would have to pass through a Republican Congress.... and there would be a lot of asses on the line (and out of office) if any R's voted in favor of gay rights. It would also have to pass through the Supreme Court. It is likely going to remain a State-to-State issue for some time.
    Also, the churches have Zero ownership of the term "marriage". It is a cultural and societal term.

The fight for gay marriage is gaining ground rapidly. You can see by the map posted above the amount of progress in just 10 years since it was a far-fetched social issue.

The main issue surrounding everything about gay rights is equality and understanding. Opponents believe that attraction to the same sex is a choice and a lifestyle. Validation/acceptance/legitimizing this lifestyle choice will breed more gay people in the community. Teachers in schools will recruit our children into this lifestyle and everyone will get AIDS. we will have crazy gay parades every month and drag queens will line the streets. Not only that, God will get angry and throw another Katrina our way if we grant gay rights.
    The sooner and longer everything is equal, that line of belief will be broken down and eroded.

Then you have gay people who cannot be themselves and are forced to live a lie and cannot love. In fear of losing their families, job, and "friends"... or maybe in fear of getting bullied or assaulted. These people live miserably for years of their lives and too often kill themselves as opposed to the choice of living a lie, or coming out and losing everything. Some "choice" of a lifestyle, huh?
    Making it so gay people can be out with it and lead normal, unobstructed lives is the ultimate goal... not just "marriage". Making compromises and concessions undermines the movement.

I do believe that Speedy provided some good points that you dont think about on the residual laws that would need to be adjusted for same sex marriages. I dont think it would be too unreasonable to add some language into those laws to include same-sex couples and maybe gear them to some kind of equitable split. There has got to be something in place now in states that allow SS Marriage, right? I think these laws need to be revisited/adjusted in most states (even without SS marriage) though as people seem to really get overly screwed.
    Also, would this open the door for some kind of scams people can run, along the lines of "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry"?
    I am pro gay all the way!

and really like the idea of the other poster from the other thread , I have expanded on,
    it is great!

In that quote I didn't say I was a supporter I said it is what I heard a proponent say.
    That is the definition of marriage and we'll leave that in the church where it belongs
    not in the law for civil matrimony, being defined as a union of two consenting adults.

And once again I speak from and for my experience, my love for my gay friends
    and what they want in their lives now.
    I have repeated that at length and even been insulted and had cate make something ugly
    out of my relationships and why I speak of them here.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    there are some very rude and self centered people on this forum they kiss each others ass and attack others no mater what those people have to say,the world would be better without their selfrightous bullshit,
    chadwick you are a follower of the latest trend I doubt you have had an original thought of your own lately it's too bad your post on the train are not as heart felt as your poetry and even that has suffered in my opinion sense you started on this animal and gay rights rant, your hate and sarcasim is either showing the true chadwick or you've dove into rage and deprission because you're not happy with your own life and drugs and booze will not make things better....something to think about.

Godfather.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    Godfather. wrote:
    there are some very rude and self centered people on this forum they kiss each others ass and attack others no mater what those people have to say,the world would be better without their selfrightous bullshit,
    chadwick you are a follower of the latest trend I doubt you have had an original thought of your own lately it's too bad your post on the train are not as heart felt as your poetry and even that has suffered in my opinion sense you started on this animal and gay rights rant, your hate and sarcasim is either showing the true chadwick or you've dove into rage and deprission because you're not happy with your own life and drugs and booze will not make things better....something to think about.

Godfather.

this is supposed to be ironic and hilarious right?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    People against gay marriage,

These are the people you're lining up with.

"Rand Paul 'not sure' if Obama's stance on marriage 'could get any gayer'"

http://thehill.com/video/senate/227143- ... -any-gayer
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

:fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pakalolopakalolo Posts: 56
    don't ban any marriages, just ban all divorces.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pakalolo wrote:

That would certainly 'preserve' marriage!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    pakalolo wrote:
    They are being denied the privileges that are associated with marriage ... but are also protected from the downsides of marriage as well. ;)
This discussion has been closed.