Options

Gay Marriage Ban

Comments

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    chadwick wrote:
    and some here speak of middle america never accepting gays.

funny....

i wonder how many homosexual men and women live in chicago nearby speedy mccready? how many gay men and women are in the trucking/transporting industry and load/unload and order speedy mccready and mickrat around like dogs? speedy's boss and dispatcher and brocher are probably extremely midwestern gay men who would enjoy being an equal

the midwest is riddled w/ gay people just like the east coast or west coast. the southern states are filled w/ gays. i don't see a problem.
    many more than some would want to know. But, what difference does it make??? HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,932
    chadwick wrote:

funny....

i wonder how many homosexual men and women live in chicago nearby speedy mccready? how many gay men and women are in the trucking/transporting industry and load/unload and order speedy mccready and mickrat around like dogs? speedy's boss and dispatcher and brocher are probably extremely midwestern gay men who would enjoy being an equal

the midwest is riddled w/ gay people just like the east coast or west coast. the southern states are filled w/ gays. i don't see a problem.
    The problem?

Pretty damned simple.... As I have been saying.

We need to take a good long hard look at same sex marriage, we need to look at all the laws regarding taxes, alimony, child support, child custody, divorce, etc.

Before we can legalize same sex marriages.

Thats all I am saying here.

Because to me?
    Thats just COMMON FUCKING SENSE.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    :( yes, that's the sad face. I would have been arrested with Rosa Parks back in the day. Same thing.
    Post edited by EmBleve on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    some should partake in marijuana useage
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    some should partake in marijuana useage
    you are so silly.
    And yet, so serious.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    EmBleve wrote:
    The homophobe aspect is the real issue.

Exactly. Even with the same legal rights, it's discrimination. It's a public showing of "you're different so we will not grant you a 'marriage' but a 'partnership'". It's keeping a certain part of the population 'apart' and 'different' all whilst giving them a lil' pat on the head with granting them some rights which, as part of the population, are theirs anyway.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

Exactly. Even with the same legal rights, it's discrimination. It's a public showing of "you're different so we will not grant you a 'marriage' but a 'partnership'". It's keeping a certain part of the population 'apart' and 'different' all whilst giving them a lil' pat on the head with granting them some rights which, as part of the population, are theirs anyway.
    yes.. thus, my initial argument with the stated issue of a 'civil union'...
  • Options
    gay people do not scare me. i view them as an equal. gay people breathe and bleed just like i do. they are human and beautiful like everyone else. it's pretty fucking simplistic in nature. 2 humans get married.

it is not a civil union
    it is at a church or court house or in the woods or at even maybe at lake spivey, ga

gay or straight. it literally doesn't mean anything to anyone outside the marriage. bob & tim are married. good for them. they are a couple of love birds. i do not care just the exact same to me if it be helen and daniel are married. i don't care. it means zero to me. their personal lives do not rub up against mine and destroy anything i have going on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited May 2012
    pandora wrote:
    prism wrote:
    pandora, mayday was right on target.

A bill to legalize same-sex marriage passed the Legislature and was signed by Governor Christine Gregoire on February 13, 2012. Same sex marriages can be performed starting on June 7, 2012, but that may be delayed if opponents gather enough signatures to force a voter referendum on the legislation. If the signatures are gathered, the legislation will only come into force following a November ballot, if it is upheld by the vote.

so yes gay marriage has in fact been legalize in WA state. myself & everyone i'm aware of are hoping it remains that way.

as for the bigots that are trying to gather signatures to force a referedum to repeal it. :nono: may they never get the 120,577 verified signatures to get it on the ballot
    Exactly what I have said.
    Then perhaps you have also witnessed those who are not bigots
    who want the same civil union rights and want only to preserve marriage,
    as I have witnessed. To generalize and call all supporters bigots is narrow minded
    but appears to be very easy to do.

84,000 sigs of 150,000 needed.

Very true they may not get the needed signatures to bring to referendum,
    even if they did what are the chances of the vote winning....

this is what you said regarding those that are trying to get a referendum to repeal the same-sex marriage law in WA state.

pandora wrote:
    There are quite a few working to preserve marriage as it is legally defined now.

so since you are so in favor of so-called seperate but equal (as if that sort of legal premise has ever worked) let's not call them bigots but refer to them as pro-discrimination. since they want to deny and in fact take away the rights of gays to marry, rights that have already been signed into WA state law. (at least it's a start)

as has been pointed out in this thread a civil union doesn't give the same legal protections that marriage does, and many of those that are pro-discrimination aren't even willing to support that much

supposing the pro-discriminaters do gather enough signatures to get their referendum to repeal same sex marriage on the ballot in Nov. there's this for whatever a poll is worth:

A February 2012 Public Policy Polling survey found that 50% of Washington voters would vote to uphold a law which would legalize same-sex marriage, while 46% would threaten to repeal it and 4% were not sure. On the same survey voters 49% thought that same-sex marriage should be legal, while 44% thought it should be illegal and 7% were not sure. When it comes to the options of marriage, civil unions, and no legal recognition, 46% feel that homosexual couples should be allowed to legally marry, 32% believe that gay couples should be allowed a civil union and just 20% are opposed to all legal recognition of gay relationships, 2% were not sure
    Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

yes.. thus, my initial argument with the stated issue of a 'civil union'...

Yep, but some don't seem to understand the importance of equal marriage, thinking 'giving' same sex unions the same rights is 'good enough' and it will quieten everyone down. Though, as already stated, those that are voting against 'marriage' will be voting against 'unions' as well.....
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i view them as an equal

I don't view 'them' as anything but people, as you said human.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Yep, but some don't seem to understand the importance of equal marriage, thinking 'giving' same sex unions the same rights is 'good enough' and it will quieten everyone down. Though, as already stated, those that are voting against 'marriage' will be voting against 'unions' as well.....
    That's right... again (in my mind), a matter of semantics under the umbrella of the 'real' issue. That is why I argue that 'unions' are NOT the same, they are substandard, and ..an excuse...as you said, an appeasement...a pacification...but not real acceptance or acknowledgement.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    the other day someone on here mentioned the public transportation issue when blacks had to ride the bus in the back seats and that whites had to sit up towards the front.

this is a bus of love. choo choo...i mean,,,honk honk
    choo choo is a train, sorry.

gays together in a civil union must be seated in the back of the bus. none gays will sit towards the front, only straight married men & women will occupy the forward bus seats.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,650
    chadwick wrote:

funny....

The problem?

Pretty damned simple.... As I have been saying.

We need to take a good long hard look at same sex marriage, we need to look at all the laws regarding taxes, alimony, child support, child custody, divorce, etc.

Before we can legalize same sex marriages.

Thats all I am saying here.

Because to me?
    Thats just COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

You're saying these are reasons to discriminate. You realize that, right? Because we may have to change some laws we should not give millions of people a right that we have.

Treating everyone as equal seems like common fucking sense to me.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Treating everyone as equal seems like common fucking sense to me.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    the other day someone on here mentioned the public transportation issue when blacks had to ride the bus in the back seats and that whites had to sit up towards the front.

this is a bus of love. choo choo...i mean,,,honk honk
    choo choo is a train, sorry.

gays together in a civil union must be seated in the back of the bus. none gays will sit towards the front, only straight married men & women will occupy the forward bus seats.
    that's exactly right! That's why I brought up Rosa Parks... same thing. It's wrong. We are all human beings.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i'll tell ya what; i would be very scared to be a black homosexual man or women in this country. even worse would be if i were born in a middle eastern country, lived here in the usa, and was homosexual. this is suppose to be the greatest nation on earth. i find that laughable big-time. the u.s. of a is fucking out of control and very racist and against civil rights just as strongly as they were way back when, shit just looks cleaner today than yesterday. people are blind, scared, unaccepting, backwards, and about 3/4 uneducated. this arrangement is a cluster-fuck of bullshit, garbage, and ball-less leaders, scam artists, and so much fake self serving self-righteous hateful idiotic people that i am having difficulty in writing this paragraph to slam them correctly and strongly break their weak ass backbones...spineless = unequal :nono:
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Thank ya.
  • Options
    I just for the life of me can't figure out why middle ten club and the moderators can't take this speedy mcready guy seriously!
    Easy now...
    You are supposed to be convincing me why I should accept same sex marriage....

Not starting on the personal attacks.....

The personal attacks are not going to change anybodys mind.....

it was a joke speedy, not a personal attack. no harm was meant. it was a play on your previous post, which I thought was obvious.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    But they hide behind religion and laws... just as it's always been....to justify.
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    But they hide behind religion and laws... just as it's always been....to justify.
    witch trials murdered hundreds if not thousands of people out of ignorance, bullying, and government and church bedding down one another and ruling over the townsfolk w/ an iron dumbass fist

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    witch trials murdered hundreds if not thousands of people out of ignorance, bullying, and government and church bedding down one another and ruling over the townsfolk w/ an iron dumbass fist
    yes indeed..the exact strain of holocaust mentality.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

Yet some may argue that both blacks and whites had the same 'right' to ride the bus, so what is the problem? Yes, same right to use the bus, but not an equal right.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    redrock wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Yet some may argue that both blacks and whites had the same 'right' to ride the bus, so what is the problem? Yes, same right to use the bus, but not an equal right.
    I must interject that some may argue they both had the right...but WHY would it be an argument?? Who is to say who sits on the bus, and where.....and , exactly, they didn't BOTH have the equal right.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    prism wrote:

so since you are so in favor of so-called seperate but equal
    :fp: I stopped reading right here because obviously you are clueless
    as to what I want or my stance on pro gay marriage or legalized gay civil unions.
    Perhaps reread what it is exactly I stand for and why
    and you will see legal equality for all is the basis. Love for many gay friends
    the fuel.
    :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i view them as an equal

oh how noble of you both :lol: wow just wow times two :fp:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    pandora wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i view them as an equal

Post edited by EmBleve on
  • Options
    if women were not so attractive, special and they didn't fully erect my zipper
    at this point i'd kiss a dude just to see what all the ruckus is about

alas, i enjoy feminine qualities such as bulky chests, satin like skin, and beautiful hair and eyes. and kissing a woman is absolutely fabulous and i am the hairy faced one not the woman.

however, if paul wants john's roger it makes no difference to me and does not effect me at all. in fact, if they want to wear wedding bands on their hairy knuckles/fingers, then by-golly they should and it should not be labeled anything other than marriage.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Same Sex marriage isnt going to happen over-night!

hehehe

This is so true it hurts and with neither side willing to compromise it will come down
    to just that popular vote far into the future. We are not anywhere there yet, not even close.

So this why I will continue to fight to get equal civil union rights for my gay friends
    who have been married as long as we because this battle over the word marriage
    will be decades long.

I would like to see every union be a civil union totally equal ...
    mine yours and my gay friends. I think I'll print some bumper stickers...

Vote For Equal Civil Matrimony For All :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i view them as an equal

:?
    Have you got a problem with this? Or just another one of your flippant remarks? It is quite obvious in this thread that some see and dislike a certain part of the population enough to not want everyone to have equality. It doesn't hurt to reafirm 'humanity'. Or is it that way down deep you may have an issue with this? ;)

Oh dear... I took the bait again... :oops:
This discussion has been closed.