so did I.. damnit all.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    pandora wrote:
    prism wrote:

so since you are so in favor of so-called seperate but equal
    :fp: I stopped reading right here because obviously you are clueless
    as to what I want or my stance on pro gay marriage or legalized gay civil unions.
    Perhaps reread what it is exactly I stand for and why
    and you will see legal equality for all is the basis. Love for many gay friends
    the fuel. :D

:roll:
    odd how you don't read what YOU said or my reply. but rather twist it to accuse me of not reading what you said when in fact i did. go back and reread it yourself. you really shouldn't twist your words so much so that YOU can understand that you're not making sense.

legal equality means marriage between two consenting adults regardless of their sex. not something less; a civil union doesn't afford the same rights as marriage does so it is NOT equal...therefore it is discriminatory to exclude gays from marriage

all gay & lesbian couples (not just my friends) deserve every right to get married just as any other hetro couple if they so choose.

i'm done. you refuse to reason or use logic so there's no point :fp:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    :corn:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    k, I think someone needs to be cleared up before we get to another 45 pages, because this argument keeps going around in circles because the two sides are arguing different things.

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL:

Pandora is pro gay marriage, but she knows it won't happen overnight, so she says her gay friends are more than happy to get what they can get now, before it's too late, and that's legally recognized civil unions. Let legally recognized gay marrige come when it may.

Many others are claiming she is NOT pro gay marriage because she claimed pages and pages ago that she supported the "marriage preservers" cause to keep marriage a term left to the nuptials between a man and a woman. that part I'm also a tad confused about, but she has stated time and time again since then that she is pro gay marriage.

In essence, I think she genuinely wants everyone to be happy in this. Unfortunately, that's not really the reality. Yes, her gay friends say they'd be happy with civil unions, but I don't think the vast majority of the gay community would be satisfied with that.

Is this a far assessment thus far?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I think you got that, yes.

Like I've said before... I've waited 40-something years, I can wait a few more. It's not enough to be able to have a "separate but equal" distinction for me. I might have to walk a bit longer but I won't sit at the back of any bus.

That said, I promised that I'd be nice for a whole week (it was a court order) so I love you all.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited May 2012
    pandora wrote:
    prism wrote:

as to what I want or my stance on pro gay marriage or legalized gay civil unions.
    the fuel.
    :D

why i wonder do you find it necessary to make us aware of your 'many gay friends'? it reminds me of when people say im not racist BUT.... i for one am tired of the bullshit circular crap you write pandora(but thats my issue from which i can choose to disengage or not). i asked you a simple question about your support of the use of the term marriage.. a yes or no question and yet you were incapable of answering it, you sprouted on with your rhetoric when all i wanted to hear from you is YES you believe, as most of us do , that marriage in practice and in terminology or NO you do not... but instead you talk about civil union for gays and how you think thats the way to go for expediencys sake. and i know from your previous posts that what it was you espouse and what it is you actually post are two different things. i know you might not think it but i am one of the most liberal, most non judgemental people you could ever hope to meet... so do not try to tell me im biased or not listening to what you saying.. cause i am and the disparity between what you claim and what you write is too obvious for me to ignore.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I guess it is, though one can understand how the debate can get confused when discussing views and opinions when one starts with "I am very fine with marriage remaining as it was intended to be between a man and a woman", then "mostly pro gay rights" to being "pro gay marriage" when 'challenged'.

Nevertheless, this thread is still going in circles - opinions have been stated, challeged and discussed, 'proper' stastistics presented, etc. Is there anything new to add (as opposed to just going over points already made numerous times?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    redrock wrote:

I guess it is, though one can understand how the debate can get confused when discussing views and opinions when one starts with "I am very fine with marriage remaining as it was intended to be between a man and a woman", then "mostly pro gay rights" to being "pro gay marriage" when 'challenged'.

Nevertheless, this thread is still going in circles - opinions have been stated, challeged and discussed, 'proper' stastistics presented, etc. Is there anything new to add (as opposed to just going over points already made numerous times?

i dont think there is.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    To take it on a tangent
    If gays were given their rights by being allowed to marry
    How long would it take before a gay couple take a religous institution to court for discrimination because they won't allow a ceremony in their church.
    Now many will say that the religion has the right to deny, for example a catholic church won't marry non Catholics. But what if two practicing Catholics who are gay want a ceremony
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    To take it on a tangent
    If gays were given their rights by being allowed to marry
    How long would it take before a gay couple take a religous institution to court for discrimination because they won't allow a ceremony in their church.
    Now many will say that the religion has the right to deny, for example a catholic church won't marry non Catholics. But what if two practicing Catholics who are gay want a ceremony

They can try but it won't amount to anything. The rights of the church (and thus intervention from government) is protected by the first amendment:"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". I think this has been challenged in court several times but without success. Government cannot interfere on the church's 'internal affairs' and their right to run/administer the church (whichever denomination) as per their 'mission'.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,935
    So what many of you are saying is...

That if we were to allow same sex marriage to be recognized by the Federal government....
    And this were to take place Monday morning at 9am ...

Then Same Sex couples would be entitled to the EXACT same benefits in regards to....

Social Security Benefits
    Military Benefits
    Federal Employee Benefits

That Husband/Wifes are now entitled to...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i can't believe that after wars, entire countries and continents under drought and starvation, plague and disease and countless natural disasters, murder and rape

evil dictators, slaying buddhist monks for fun; themselves lit up in flames to be set free, environmental grotesqueness through the rape of the earth, oil fucks singlehandedly taking us all to hell's frontdoor, animal species of all shapes and sizes are hunted down for their skins, heads and horns, throw the meat into the trash heap at the local 300 foot tall landfill

then nuke a fucker for kicks,

ya gotta love humans... the most ruthless and ignorant creatures on the planet yet can soar to space, land on the moon, jerk off and fly back home for more war and oilwell ruptures in the gulf and where the tarsands in canada when piped up and tankered out will destroy a beautiful-fragile unique ecosystem

you'd think a man could kiss another man and it'd be ok. you'd think a woman could engage in licking-fests with another woman. you'd think no one gives a fuck, what with everything else to be concerned about

to reiterate... people are dumb as fuck and about 3/4 useless

oh... and cause almost every single problem on the planet
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i can't believe that after wars, entire countries and continents under drought and starvation, plague and disease and countless natural disasters, murder and rape

evil dictators, slaying buddhist monks for fun; themselves lit up in flames to be set free, environmental grotesqueness through the rape of the earth, oil fucks singlehandedly taking us all to hell's frontdoor, animal species of all shapes and sizes are hunted down for their skins, heads and horns, throw the meat into the trash heap at the local 300 foot tall landfill

ya gotta love humans... the most ruthless and ignorant creatures on the planet yet can soar to space, land on the moon, jerk off and fly back home for more war and oilwell ruptures in the gulf and where the tarsands in canada when piped up and tankered out will destroy a beautiful-fragile unique ecosystem

you'd think a man could kiss another man and it'd be ok. you'd think a woman could engage in licking-fests with another woman. you'd think no one gives a fuck, what with everything else to be concerned about

You should sign up and become the #1 spokesperson for the Gay/Same sex marriage community...

You should go to Washington and repeat that same speech....

After hearing that speech, I am sure they would legalize same sex marriage on a federal level, and throw every benefit known to mankind towards the same sex community!!!!!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i am grateful i am not judgemental of gays and the color of one's flesh or eye shape. i am a bit bold and can be arrogant but god frickin dammit, men can kiss men, women can kiss women and i really do not sweat over it nor give two, three or even four whole entire shits either way; in fact, i want them to marry if they are so inclined to do so and without persecution from a bullshit loud piece of poop who believes he or she is better and that only straight men & women can marry

wrong... that is incorrect. in this inaccuracy the unequal is and should be stuffed up someone's fat ass for awhile :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Don't you love it when people talk about ya when you're not around...
    not :nono:
    Wow some people are being rather dense ;)
    perhaps they love to 'hear' me explain once again...
    because I have clearly explained every challenge and yet a few just can't get it ...
    what's up with that? :fp:
    I have explained exactly my stance and why.

The MOSTLY was in... it is more important to me not most of the same rights I want gays to have the exact same rights.

I said I would be fine having the marriage definition staying for now IF
    it meant gay civil rights happened today.

This is what my friends want.

I am not a marriage preserver.
    I was speaking of what that group wants, I have not supported it.

I support equal civil unions for all for today

:fp: I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PRO GAY MARRIAGE
    the reason I mention my friends is because my love for them influences
    my opinion
    and what they want in life now I take that into consideration.
    Maybe some of you can relate to that.

After hearing, as in the other thread, the idea of making every union a civil union
    yours, mine, ours, gay or otherwise is a great solution, bringing resolution.
    Let the individual churches define the term marriage for themselves and parishioners.
    Marrying within the church is not a problem, my friends have and we have pastors here today speaking in favor of gay marriage. The key is all unions would be legal and equal.

I am repeating, all of this is already written and been explained before...
    my stance, my opinion on gay marriage,

if someone cares to understand...

well....
    that is entirely up to the reader.

if not they can _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and have a nice Mother's Day :D
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    prism wrote:

the fuel. :D

:roll:
    odd how you don't read what YOU said or my reply. but rather twist it to accuse me of not reading what you said when in fact i did. go back and reread it yourself. you really shouldn't twist your words so much so that YOU can understand that you're not making sense.

legal equality means marriage between two consenting adults regardless of their sex. not something less; a civil union doesn't afford the same rights as marriage does so it is NOT equal...therefore it is discriminatory to exclude gays from marriage

all gay & lesbian couples (not just my friends) deserve every right to get married just as any other hetro couple if they so choose.

i'm done. you refuse to reason or use logic so there's no point :fp:
    Logic :? this is the resolution this is logic...

based on the idea in the other thread very logical.

Legal equal civil unions for all human beings ...
    civil matrimony replaces marriage in the eyes of the law.
    I agree everyone deserves the right to marry whom they choose ...
    the law will state this...
    state two consenting adults joined in civil matrimony, everyone, all couples
    bound in a civil union with the exact same rights....
    in the eyes of the law.

Then religious organizations can take it further...
    defining marriage as individual beliefs so dictate.

As we see marrying within a church is not the problem.
    The problem is it is not legal in the eyes of the law.
    This would change that and be legal and equal for all.

The Law out of Churches... Churches out of the Law.
  • Options
    I think you got that, yes.

Like I've said before... I've waited 40-something years, I can wait a few more. It's not enough to be able to have a "separate but equal" distinction for me. I might have to walk a bit longer but I won't sit at the back of any bus.

That said, I promised that I'd be nice for a whole week (it was a court order) so I love you all.
    And if my union and your union and everyones union is the same ... civil matrimony
    legal equal with all rights in the eyes of the law labeled civil unions.

And then you can marry within a church who believes two men should be in a marriage,
    be married in every sense...
    and others can marry in their churches who believe no, a marriage should only be
    between a man and a woman.

In the eyes of the law and society they are equal with equal rights bound
    in civil matrimony but recognize people have different beliefs on this.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    prism wrote:

the fuel.
    :D

why i wonder do you find it necessary to make us aware of your 'many gay friends'? it reminds me of when people say im not racist BUT.... i for one am tired of the bullshit circular crap you write pandora(but thats my issue from which i can choose to disengage or not). i asked you a simple question about your support of the use of the term marriage.. a yes or no question and yet you were incapable of answering it, you sprouted on with your rhetoric when all i wanted to hear from you is YES you believe, as most of us do , that marriage in practice and in terminology or NO you do not... but instead you talk about civil union for gays and how you think thats the way to go for expediencys sake. and i know from your previous posts that what it was you espouse and what it is you actually post are two different things. i know you might not think it but i am one of the most liberal, most non judgemental people you could ever hope to meet... so do not try to tell me im biased or not listening to what you saying.. cause i am and the disparity between what you claim and what you write is too obvious for me to ignore.
    I will tell you just that!

you are not listening but as I said it's up to the reader ...I have explained fully
    and if some don't want to get it, fine.

My gay friends are extemely important to me. I have written why I bring them up and what they want and need is a driving factor to what I want and need and my opinion here.
    But of course you twist that and make it something ugly ...
    why cate?

If you can't get what they mean to me then yes you are showing bias and judgment
    and that is clear to everyone reading. Or maybe you just want to make some people out
    to be something they are not...
    why cate?

and again I want civil unions for all not just gays :fp:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    chadwick wrote:

Seinfeld said it best: "People, they're the worst."
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    chadwick wrote:

I like your style here Chadwick....my two best friends are gay and would love to adopt a child here in Florida but they can't much less get married. A person with domestic violence or criminal record would probably have a better chance of adopting a child in Florida than they EVER will. Isn't that some messed of stuff and country we live in.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

I like your style here Chadwick....my two best friends are gay and would love to adopt a child here in Florida but they can't much less get married. A person with domestic violence or criminal record would probably have a better chance of adopting a child in Florida than they EVER will. Isn't that some messed of stuff and country we live in.

peace
    You like Chadwicks style, huh?

Well here is a direct quote from Mr. Chadwick, and I want YOU to tell me how this little tidbit would be judged in the Gay/Lesbian/Same Sex Marriage community.

Licking Fests?

Really?

And I am supposed to take this guys opinion seriously, when it comes to his stance on Same Sex Marriage?

REALLY???
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

peace
    You like Chadwicks style, huh?

Well here is a direct quote from Mr. Chadwick, and I want YOU to tell me how this little tidbit would be judged in the Gay/Lesbian/Same Sex Marriage community.

Licking Fests?

Really?

And I am supposed to take this guys opinion seriously, when it comes to his stance on Same Sex Marriage?

REALLY???

YES, really....to be actual the way he put across these particular words. Problem?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

YES, really....to be actual the way he put across these particular words. Problem?

Peace
    Problem?

Do you think the Lesbian community might have a problem with Mr. Chadwick, refering to their lifestyle as Licking-Fests?

Or do you think comments like that, might just upset them a little bit?
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Problem?

Do you think the Lesbian community might have a problem with Mr. Chadwick, refering to their lifestyle as Licking-Fests?

Or do you think comments like that, might just upset them a little bit?

Yes they may but I've heard far worst being around my friends and their parties....I particularly don't have a problem with the comments.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Yes they may but I've heard far worst being around my friends and their parties....I particularly don't have a problem with the comments.

Peace

Safe to say the Gay community would not have Chadwick as their spokesperson anytime soon..... Correct?

Because his rude, juvenile, disgusting comments, would set the Gay Rights movement backwards 30 years.

Correct?
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Safe to say the Gay community would not have Chadwick as their spokesperson anytime soon..... Correct?

Because his rude, juvenile, disgusting comments, would set the Gay Rights movement backwards 30 years.

Correct?

From your point of view yes.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Correct?

From your point of view yes.

Peace
    I want YOUR point of view...

Lick-Fests??

Is that rude, crude, juvenile, and disgusting? When refering to Lesbians?

You tell me.
    Whats YOUR opinion?
  • Options
    And "I have heard worse" really isnt a solid answer.....

But if thats all you have...
    Then I guess thats all you have.....
  • Options
    And "I have heard worse" really isnt a solid answer.....

But if thats all you have...
    Then I guess thats all you have.....

Have a great mother's day.

Peace

This discussion has been closed.