LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I watched the CBC telecast but my co-worker watched NBC and said that they gave Crosby the second star! WTF I wasn't aware of him playing he was so nonexistent. CBC had Osgood 3stars, Scuderi 2stars and Fleury which I agreed with. Not that the stars mean much but if you can tell me with a straight face that Crosby was worthy of any mention then you need rehab :)

Detroit will need to play more than one period on Friday if they want to keep the Cup. I think they will - now do I get tix for game 7?????

GO WINGS!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • pearljim wrote:
    I watched the CBC telecast but my co-worker watched NBC and said that they gave Crosby the second star! WTF I wasn't aware of him playing he was so nonexistent. CBC had Osgood 3stars, Scuderi 2stars and Fleury which I agreed with. Not that the stars mean much but if you can tell me with a straight face that Crosby was worthy of any mention then you need rehab :)

Detroit will need to play more than one period on Friday if they want to keep the Cup. I think they will - now do I get tix for game 7?????

GO WINGS!

Watched on NBC. I don't recall the three stars but I think your co-worker is mistaken. Outside of his interview, the only mention Crosby after the game that I recall was that his ice time had been cut back.
    I can't teach common sense.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    g under p wrote:
    Why do I have this weird feeling that the Pens can pull off a win. Oh what's this controversy with NBC not showing the game in opposing home arenas? Hockey need to see these whereever they can just to gain a hand on getting NEW fans.

GO LET'S WINGS

Peace

I didn't hear the whole story- just a bit yesterday on sports talk radio.
    Over the past several Cup Finals in Detroit when the Wings were on the road- they have had "Joe Vision"- basically they play the feed on the jumbotron and charge like $5 for people to come watch the game at the Joe Louis Arena. It give the hockey fans who can't afford to pay $200+ per ticket a chance to get inside the arena and participate in the playoffs.
    This year though- NBC said no. The reasoning behind it, at least what they were saying yesterday on the radio, was because NBC said it would hurt the Nielson ratings for the game...
    That doesn't really make sense to me though, because there must be tons of people watching the games at bars and such...
    Who knows? Seems kind of shady.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    LET'S GO WINGS!!!!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Go PENS!!!!!

F the Redwings!

:D
  • LET'S

GO

WINGS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Ooooo baby! This is gonna be GOOD. Can't wait to see the disappearing Hossa cry unconsolably as the Pens hoist the cup on his home ice. Maybe Bylsma will let him join the Pens as Sid's hair-gell'er or something next year so he can get in on the inevitable Pittsburgh dynasty.

GO PENS!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    DeLukin wrote:
    Ooooo baby! This is gonna be GOOD. Can't wait to see the disappearing Hossa cry unconsolably as the Pens hoist the cup on his home ice. Maybe Bylsma will let him join the Pens as Sid's hair-gell'er or something next year so he can get in on the inevitable Pittsburgh dynasty.

GO PENS!

he's already part of a dynasty..why would he wanna go to an "inevitable" one :roll:
    DeLukin wrote:

GO PENS!

Yeah... since the Pens have shown that they play great in Detroit :roll:
    At this point, you should just be hoping that your goalie is able to dodge the inevitable hook he wasn't able to avoid in Game 5.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    is rafalski on the take?
  • That's why they play the game boys!

Fuck history and fuck the all the goons in the stands that were booing during the ceremony. Anyone who remembers last year knows how Pittsburgh treated Detroit with respect. Damn shame.

Oh and fuck Hossa!
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Way to go Pens! Only city ever to win the Stanley Cup and Super Bowl in the same year! Sounded more like the Mellon Arena than Joe Lewis arena tonight. Great game and series. Both teams fought hard and well.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Everyone speechless now?
    #FHP
  • i'm over it.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    That's why they play the game boys!

Fuck history and fuck the all the goons in the stands that were booing during the ceremony. Anyone who remembers last year knows how Pittsburgh treated Detroit with respect. Damn shame.

Oh and fuck Hossa!

I thought that too at first, but it seems more like they were booing Bettman. After he congratulated the Pens and stopped talking the booing stopped. Then started again when he was with the cup, then stopped when Crosby took it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Flagg wrote:
    I thought that too at first, but it seems more like they were booing Bettman. After he congratulated the Pens and stopped talking the booing stopped. Then started again when he was with the cup, then stopped when Crosby took it.
    Yea, I think it was anti-love for Bettman. Anyone know the story there? Why does Detroit hate him so much? I'm sure he deserves it, but what happened to get such a negative reaction?

I'm glad the Pens won and REALLY glad Hossa didn't. I gotta say I have a whole new level of respect for Zetterburg and Babcock though. Both classy guys on the ice and off. I think this series just came down to which team was hungrier and it seemed like the Pens wanted it more than the Wings at the end. Anyway, great series with tons of ebbs and flows. That's what makes hockey so great! It'll be interesting to see how both teams respond next season.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    DeLukin wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Yea, I think it was anti-love for Bettman. Anyone know the story there? Why does Detroit hate him so much? I'm sure he deserves it, but what happened to get such a negative reaction?
    I think Bettman would/will get the same reaction in any arena in the league.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    Way to go Pens! Only city ever to win the Stanley Cup and Super Bowl in the same year! Sounded more like the Mellon Arena than Joe Lewis arena tonight. Great game and series. Both teams fought hard and well.

I'll go out on a limb and say that it's unlikely Detroit will ever win the cup or super bowl in the same year...could be wrong though...not
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Horos wrote:
    Everyone speechless now?
    Not at all, Pitt was better in 6 and 7, worked harder, looked fresher, out hit the wings, and had no floaters. Now for Detroit, Pavel scored 1 goal in the playoffs, Holmstrom was not even noticeable, Franzen zilch in the finals, Zetterburg was tired from chasing a much younger Crosby, Stuart to many turnovers, Lidstrom turnovers, and most of all Hossa was no show.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    What a classy guy...that Cindy Crosby...apparently he snubbed most of the Red Wings during the post-series handshake ritual....classy just like his owner...class act all the way :roll:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I was there last night and what a let down. But Pitt played harder and I just think the Wings were out of gas. Had Kronwall's or Lidstrom's shot gone in I truly believe we would have won but they didn't and we got what was deserved by only playing one period. Pitt played great defense and our defense made two crucial mistakes.

I agree that the booing was for Bettman and Bettman only. Saw a lot of "congrats" from Detroit fans to Pitt fans, me included.

Talk to me in 10 more years on whether Pitt is a dynasty....................
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • tybird wrote:
    What a classy guy...that Cindy Crosby...apparently he snubbed most of the Red Wings during the post-series handshake ritual....classy just like his owner...class act all the way :roll:

You have no clue what you are talking about. This has already been explained as Sid is the last guy to disrespect the game. And where do you get off accusing Lemieux of being classless? That comment alone makes you sound like you've never even watched a hockey game before, much less have any knowledge of it. But then again, anyone that still plays the "Cindy" card is just fucking sad.
    tybird wrote:

You have no clue what you are talking about. This has already been explained as Sid is the last guy to disrespect the game. And where do you get off accusing Lemieux of being classless? That comment alone makes you sound like you've never even watched a hockey game before, much less have any knowledge of it. But then again, anyone that still plays the "Cindy" card is just fucking sad.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/h ... index.html

No, anything associated with the city of Pittsburgh is sad.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/h ... index.html

No, anything associated with the city of Pittsburgh is sad.

Right. I was referring to that story in my last reply. The article explains that there was no intent whatsoever by Crosby to not shake hands with anybody. If that was the case he wouldn't have shook hands with all the other players. To think that was intentional is insane and reaching for something to complain about. Draper should know better but I guess it's understandable to be pissed after losing the Cup on home ice.
    tybird wrote:

I doubt he meant for that to happen. Billy Smith NY Islanders never shook hands win or lose, and I'm sure there are others, big deal. It's just sour grape's from an organization that so desperately wants to be called a dynasty and this was their chance and they blew and know it. They've had great teams since around 1990, but only 4 cups in 19 years, Pitt has one 3 in the same time period and most likely win win another or more. How can they compare themselves to Montreal in the 70's 6 cup in 9 years, Islander early 80's 4 straight, Oilers after that 5 in 7 years. Great team, great organization, but have come up short in the playoffs many times.

lukin2006 wrote:
    tybird wrote:

I doubt he meant for that to happen. Billy Smith NY Islanders never shook hands win or lose, and I'm sure there are others, big deal. It's just sour grape's from an organization that so desperately wants to be called a dynasty and this was their chance and they blew and know it. They've had great teams since around 1990, but only 4 cups in 19 years, Pitt has one 3 in the same time period and most likely win win another or more. How can they compare themselves to Montreal in the 70's 6 cup in 9 years, Islander early 80's 4 straight, Oilers after that 5 in 7 years. Great team, great organization, but have come up short in the playoffs many times.

First I don't think the Red Wings were calling themselves a dynasty if they won. That's for other people to decide, not them. Second they have won 4 cups since 1997 and you're going to say that Pitts first cup since 1992 is pretty close to what the Wings have done? Right....... :roll:

Again, let's see how good Pitt is down the road. No doubt they have the makings but things happen.....

Roberto Clemente.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    tybird wrote:

Billy Smith had no class and was a sore winner/loser.
    Great game, great series.
    My hat goes off to the Penguins. They overcame some great adversity to come back from an 0-2 hole, and winning on the road in Game 7, something only two teams in the previous 14 were able to do. It was a rough weekend here in Detroit, but we'll be back next year.
    I know that Malkin was the shoe-in for the Conn Smyth, and I have no problem with him getting it, but I think Talbot would have been a good choice too. What a Game 7 for the grinder.
    pearljim wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    tybird wrote:

First I don't think the Red Wings were calling themselves a dynasty if they won. That's for other people to decide, not them. Second they have won 4 cups since 1997 and you're going to say that Pitts first cup since 1992 is pretty close to what the Wings have done? Right....... :roll:

Again, let's see how good Pitt is down the road. No doubt they have the makings but things happen.....

Detroit started to turn the corner in 90/91 didn't win the cup till 97, Pitt started turning the corner 2 years ago and are cup champions, Sid, Malkin and Stall are all young and a few years away from being free agents, all 3 are good center and they make people around them better. The same thing was said last year, that they were losing key people and would not be back, as long as they have those three at center and a goalie who now knows he can play and win big games, they'll be alright. Plus they have Mario who is hockey person, Shero the GM who understands hockey and they are moving into a brand new facility in a year.

Detroit has some ? marks, unless people are blind detroit was tired against Pitt.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Detroit started to turn the corner in 90/91 didn't win the cup till 97, Pitt started turning the corner 2 years ago and are cup champions, Sid, Malkin and Stall are all young and a few years away from being free agents, all 3 are good center and they make people around them better. The same thing was said last year, that they were losing key people and would not be back, as long as they have those three at center and a goalie who now knows he can play and win big games, they'll be alright. Plus they have Mario who is hockey person, Shero the GM who understands hockey and they are moving into a brand new facility in a year.

Detroit has some ? marks, unless people are blind detroit was tired against Pitt.

Detroit started to turn a corner in 90-91? Not exactly true.
    Detroit turned a corner in 1994-95. Thats when they started winning playoff series and ending the season with great reg. season records.
    Don't get too high on your team. The only reason you are talented is because you were so bad for so long, you got a lot of high draft picks. Detroit has stayed good by picking up great talent at varied places in the draft. Now that you're good, you'll have to find a way to get good players that aren't real high up.
    Detroit has proved they can do this, considering Zetterberg and Datsyuk were both real low picks. Pitt hasn't proved they can stay at the top of their game yet.

And for all these Pitt fans saying how great you are, it's easy to celebrate now, but lets not forget that it was only like four years ago when the Penguins were looking for a new home. There's loyalty for you.