LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok well I've never been a hardcore hockey fan. But my first job my boss was a huge Red Wings fan. So I kinda have always liked them and followed them. And now being back in Denver one of my buds out here is a huge Red Wings fan. So I'm back to cheering them on. Yesterday a bunch of us enjoyed the game with a few beers and with other Detroit fans. LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    They are going to be tough to beat this season.
    Johan Franzen is playing out of his mind lately. This is shaping up to be another great year. I hope Chicago bounces back and gives us a game tomorrow.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    milarso wrote:
    They are going to be tough to beat this season.
    Johan Franzen is playing out of his mind lately. This is shaping up to be another great year. I hope Chicago bounces back and gives us a game tomorrow.

F*** Chicago :) I hope we win tomorrow 6-0! Chicago will be good for many years with their young talent so I don't want them to win/give us a game anytime soon.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    F the Redwings!

Was a good game until about mid 2nd period yesterday when Chicago decided that they didn't want to play anymore.

Either way, THIS is what hockey is all about!! Blackhawks vs. Redwings...awesome!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Blackhawks!

THIS is what hockey is all about!! Blackhawks vs. Redwings...awesome!

It was a kick ass game and that 3 period was sweet. :)
    If Chicago is smart enough to be able to keep their younger players and with Bowman on their staff I'm just hoping the Wings can stay with them a few years down the line.

If only Boston would have won!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Was a good game until about mid 2nd period yesterday when Chicago decided that they didn't want to play anymore.

Either way, THIS is what hockey is all about!! Blackhawks vs. Redwings...awesome!

F the Red Wings!

I'm hopin the Hawks can keep this series competitive. I love the experience all these young kids are getting with their 3rd playoff series. This team is going to be scary down the road.

Patrickredeyes, thats a pretty nice bandwagon for you to jump on since theres no hockey team up in Milwaukee...
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

F the Black Hawks!

Patrickredeyes, thats a pretty nice bandwagon for you to jump on since theres no hockey team up in Milwaukee...

Hey genius did you read my opening comment on why I am a red wing's fan? :lol:

Any team from Chicago I dislike anyway. :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

F the Red Wings!

I'm hopin the Hawks can keep this series competitive. I love the experience all these young kids are getting with their 3rd playoff series. This team is going to be scary down the road.

Yeah, it's been so much fun watching those "kids" play this year! You're right, the B-hawks...barring any stupid trade or series of injuries...should be good for some time to come!

During the last game, come the 2nd period they had terrible puck control (which is what they've been so good at this year) and couldn't sustain any forechecking. Those two things are going to be key in this series!
  • koda74koda74 Posts: 86
    This should be a good series, Detriot has veterans and Chicago has bunch of rookies. Chicago has come pretty far for a young team, I can't help but pull for them on this series (even tho they took out Vancouver :( ) lol.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This has been a great revival of the Norris Division. Next season is going to be an awesome fight for the division, especially with St. Louis and Columbus (and even Nashville) upping their game.

That would have been a major bummer if the Ducks would have prevented this classic match-up. I'm glad to see the Chicago fanbase revitalized as well. I know that the ratings don't reflect it, but it feels like hockey is on the verge of a major comeback.
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm glad to see the Chicago fanbase revitalized as well. I know that the ratings don't reflect it, but it feels like hockey is on the verge of a major comeback.

I'm not 100% familiar with everything that the Blackhawk franchise has been through over the last few years, but I was reading a story about them, and it talking about how they have really started to make the team over.
    This is great for hockey to have another O-Six team back in the championship conversation.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

F the Black Hawks!

Hey genius did you read my opening comment on why I am a red wing's fan? :lol:

Any team from Chicago I dislike anyway. :D

Yeah I read your comment. Pretty easy to become a fan of one of the top teams in the league isnt it? I was just messin around anyways. I always wondered how you would choose what teams to root for if your city didnt have that particular sport. I'm sure everyone has a diff. story.

I understand your feelings toward Chicago teams. I have some very similar feelings towards the Packers. Don't care much about the Brewers since I'm a Sox fan and the Bucks always seem to suck so I'm not too concerned about them.

Yeah I read your comment. Pretty easy to become a fan of one of the top teams in the league isnt it? I was just messin around anyways. I always wondered how you would choose what teams to root for if your city didnt have that particular sport. I'm sure everyone has a diff. story.

I understand your feelings toward Chicago teams. I have some very similar feelings towards the Packers. Don't care much about the Brewers since I'm a Sox fan and the Bucks always seem to suck so I'm not too concerned about them.

We haven't had a pro basketball team in Milwaukee for 20 yrs. hehehehe
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Nice to see Wings fans in Denver, I love seeing them in the crowd when Detroit scored against the Avs.

And if the rumours of Patrick Roy going to Colorado to coach are true it will be back to hating the Avs with a passion again, instead of currently hating them, like back in the 1990s and early 2000s
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    Nice to see Wings fans in Denver, I love seeing them in the crowd when Detroit scored against the Avs.

And if the rumours of Patrick Roy going to Colorado to coach are true it will be back to hating the Avs with a passion again, instead of currently hating them, like back in the 1990s and early 2000s

I agree. I can't wait to see Wah behind the bench as his Av's are getting their asses kicked. He'll just send out the goons for a fight like he did in juniors on his son's team. Av's are definitely grasping at straws trying to keep interest high with the fans by this ploy.

Roberto Clemente.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Patrick Kane-0 shots -3
    Jonathan Toews-3 shots -3
    The young kids are learning a lesson from some great crafty Wings.
    These kids are super talents and I expect them to play better in game 2.
    That being said,you have to lose before you can win.

GO WINGS!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Marian Hossa can kiss my ass. The cup is coming back to Pittsburgh where it belongs.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    Marian Hossa can kiss my ass. The cup is coming back to Pittsburgh where it belongs.
    It will be there for game 4 of the finals when they present it to Nick Lidstrom :twisted:
    DeLukin wrote:

Always wondered what Bettman's user name was!! JK

Roberto Clemente.
    DeLukin wrote:

Kinda says something when a guy turns down more money from several other teams, and leaves last year's other Stanley Cup finals team to come to Detroit for less cash. Kinda shows how much confidence he had in Cindy Crosby and the Penguins.
    milarso wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Kinda says something when a guy turns down more money from several other teams, and leaves last year's other Stanley Cup finals team to come to Detroit for less cash. Kinda shows how much confidence he had in Cindy Crosby and the Penguins.

I'm still hoping Wings play Carolina as I think the Wings would have to skate uphill both ways as we know who'll get the calls (cindy) and who won't (holmstrom). I don't trust Bettman. 18 straight years in the playoffs. Winning by spending big bucks, winning by cutting payroll in half, winning by drafting players no one else saw and always drafting at the bottom of the list and Bettman the Bozo says that Pittsburgh is the model team to follow! Go figure.

Roberto Clemente.
    That was a big win last night. Chicago took a huge body blow after the 1st class effort they gave against a Wings team that obviously was showing wear and tear after four games in a week. The big stars continue to be snake-bitten but Cleary, Samuelson, and all the 3rd and 4th liners have really stepped up (although Erickson needs to get his stuff together).

Also, Osgood played another brilliant game. All the haters can go pound sand.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    pearljim wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

I'm still hoping Wings play Carolina as I think the Wings would have to skate uphill both ways as we know who'll get the calls (cindy) and who won't (holmstrom). I don't trust Bettman. 18 straight years in the playoffs. Winning by spending big bucks, winning by cutting payroll in half, winning by drafting players no one else saw and always drafting at the bottom of the list and Bettman the Bozo says that Pittsburgh is the model team to follow! Go figure.
    I don't trust any team from Shitsburgh....except for the forlorn Pirates...that said, I don't think that it matters who plays our Wings from here on out...Detroit may be accused of not being able to build a car, but they have built the model sports franchise.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Nice win last nite. :)
    Nice win last nite. :)

That was a real heartbreaker for the Hawks last night. The Hawks definitely outplayed the Wings last night and then lose it on a terrible turnover by Campbell. The Wings are so damn talented that they make you pay anytime you fuck up. Hope we can take 2 in Chicago and turn this into a series.
    milarso wrote:
    Yea, to me it says "faithless pussy." Although it's got to take stones the size of boulders to go crawling to the team that bitch slapped you the year before and who doesn't need you anyway and beg to get in on their party. What amazes me is that Detroit would take him. I guess they needed another geezer past his prime for an AARP discount or something. Pens vs. Wings in the finals. Pens in 7.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Yea, to me it says "faithless pussy." Although it's got to take stones the size of boulders to go crawling to the team that bitch slapped you the year before and who doesn't need you anyway and beg to get in on their party. What amazes me is that Detroit would take him. I guess they needed another geezer past his prime for an AARP discount or something. Pens vs. Wings in the finals. Pens in 7.
    To me your post says.....sore loser. :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Faithless? How many years did he play for Pittsburgh? Maybe Hossa just couldn't take the locker room after each game - Syd can we see your ass, Syd how does it feel to be so great, Syd did Detroit cheat to win the Cup, Syd just how awesome are you, Syd are you still a virgin and on and on ad nauseum....

I guess they needed another geezer past his prime for an AARP discount or something - Yeah Bill Guerin's a teenager. Maybe they got Guerin to show Sydney what a woman looks like :)

As for your prediction I wish I could say no way but with Bettman so far up Cindy's ass I wouldn't be surprised.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:
    Faithless? How many years did he play for Pittsburgh? Maybe Hossa just couldn't take the locker room after each game - Syd can we see your ass, Syd how does it feel to be so great, Syd did Detroit cheat to win the Cup, Syd just how awesome are you, Syd are you still a virgin and on and on ad nauseum....

I guess they needed another geezer past his prime for an AARP discount or something - Yeah Bill Guerin's a teenager. Maybe they got Guerin to show Sydney what a woman looks like :)

As for your prediction I wish I could say no way but with Bettman so far up Cindy's ass I wouldn't be surprised.
    Hossa spent 1 year in Pittsburgh. And he jumped ship because he wanted to better his chances to win the Cup. It's not like he was marooned on a team that had no hopes of every getting it, he just knew he was well past his prime and running out of time. Ask a guy who has labored his whole career with one team for the Cup and never got it and I bet that guy has no respect for what Hossa did. And like him or not Sidney Crosby is the best player in hockey period. Bill Guerin is ancient but the team is young. Detroit is not. Pens in 7. With or without Bettman's help.
    DeLukin wrote:
    he just knew he was well past his prime and running out of time. Ask a guy who has labored his whole career with one team for the Cup and never got it and I bet that guy has no respect for what Hossa did.

Past his prime? He led the 2008 Stanley Cup championship team in goals this season (he had 40, that's seven more than Cindy). And was near the top in every statistical category. He left Pittsburgh because he didn't think they had a chance at beating Detroit this year. And he's right.