LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    tybird wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:
    The refs need to get their whistles out of their asses. Zetterberg AGAIN getting away with murder in the crease? And don't even get me started on Marilyn Hossa's blatant stick-smashing hook that lead directly to a goal. Of course, I probably shouldn't complain. The only thing more unbelievable than what isn't being called on the ice is the fact that Malkin is somehow NOT suspended for instigating w/less than 5 mins left...
    Would like some cheese with your whine, Sir :twisted:
    Hehehe. Ok, so maybe a LETS GO RED WINGS!!! thread isn't the best place to go to get sympathy for questionable reffing...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Jason P wrote:
    Did everyone know that the NBC doesn't pay the NHL for broadcast rights? The NHL doesn't see one cent until NBC has recovered all of their operating expenses ... plus the NHL has to help sell advertising! NBC doesn't give a flying puck about hockey, hence they can't interrupt their prime time weekday schedules thus forcing Bettman to play two weekend games in hopes of attracting a national audience. I say to hell with NBC and just broadcast with Versus. The real hockey fans know where to find it. Either that or kiss ESPN's ass.

Yeah... NBC's coverage is terrible, but Versus isn't a whole lot better... neither of them show freakin' replays of anything.... There is a great scoring chance or a hit, and the next stoppage in play is filled with either "Verizon's sounds of the game" (usually worthless chatter in warmups), crap about the upcoming intermission show, or some other stupid sponsor sold segment.

There are so many cool things that happen during a game, I wish they would just focus on those than the other crap.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    DeLukin wrote:
    ah the frustration really set in that game. poor pens.

go wings
    I'm thinking if the Wings weren't up 2-0 their fans would be complaining about the refs too. And hey if you can get away with it, why wouldn't you do it? But I think my point is that in general the refs have let both teams down substantially thus far.

i dont complain about the refs in hockey. we've got it made compared to the nba where the refs can really effect the score

go wings
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    i dont complain about the refs in hockey. we've got it made compared to the nba where the refs can really effect the score
    I stopped watching the NBA in the last few years due to the horrible officiating ... and I'm also a Pacer's fan and couldn't take the shenanigans any longer.

I think the NHL has the best officiating out of all of the sports. I'm amazed on how they always get out of the way of the players and the puck, to the point that you don't even realize they are there. For the finals though, they did decide to put the whistle in their back pockets. I think that Penguins and Redwings are both professional enough that it is OK for this series. Both teams have gotten away with small things. Penguin's fans will complain about Hossa's stick break in game 2 while Redwings fans can complain about Malkin's trip of Kronwall in game 1 that led to a breakaway. Overall, the refs have not dictated the series and both team are playing professionally to the point that things are not getting out of hand.
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Does anyone else find NBC's hockey broadcast team as annoying little twerps?
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I think the referees have done a good job of letting the small shit slide. Both teams have had a legitimate complaint go by the way side but overall it's a hell of a lot better than power play and penalty kill units out there. Hockey should always be about 6 skaters (inc. goalie). Obviously there are penalties during a game but no need to call every ticky tack thing that happens.

I love it when a player thinks a penalty should be called and wants to bitch when he realizes that "hey the plays still goin on and I better get the F moving". Always a classic. As is when a guy 6 foot 2 manages to fall on a push that my 4 year old daughter could deliver harder. Play the game and quit trying to "draw" penalties.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    greenmanny wrote:
    Does anyone else find NBC's hockey broadcast team as annoying little twerps?
    Other Mike Emerick, yes....they are awful...especially Ed Olyczk...who's seems to be having a threesome with Crosby and Malkin. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Pierre McGuire really irritates me. I wish the Penguin that Franzen sent into the bench would have taken him out. :)
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    DeLukin wrote:
    The refs need to get their whistles out of their asses. Zetterberg AGAIN getting away with murder in the crease? And don't even get me started on Marilyn Hossa's blatant stick-smashing hook that lead directly to a goal. Of course, I probably shouldn't complain. The only thing more unbelievable than what isn't being called on the ice is the fact that Malkin is somehow NOT suspended for instigating w/less than 5 mins left...

Let's hear it about Hossa's "blatant stick-smashing hook." Go watch the replay. Dupuis broke his own stick on the ice.
    It's at 2:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLw3WVyD6tE

And by the way- the only way that play directly led to a goal was because Malkin knocked Thomas Holmstrom on top of Fleury, making him even more useless than he was the rest of the game.
    It's at 3:09
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Let's go Red Wings!!!
    greenmanny wrote:
    Pierre McGuire really irritates me. I wish the Penguin that Franzen sent into the bench would have taken him out. :)
    I think that he is after a little man love from Crosby or Malkin too. :lol: :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    milarso wrote:
    Let's hear it about Hossa's "blatant stick-smashing hook." Go watch the replay. Dupuis broke his own stick on the ice.

And by the way- the only way that play directly led to a goal was because Malkin knocked Thomas Holmstrom on top of Fleury, making him even more useless than he was the rest of the game.
    You're delusional if you don't think Hossa's hook had anything to do with DuPuis stick ending up in 2 pieces. And the play led directly to a goal because it took him directly out of the play. I think if you spent as much time actually looking at what happens in those replays instead of trying to justify bad non-calls you'd agree that the refs are letting BOTH teams down in this series so far.
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:

You're delusional if you don't think Hossa's hook had anything to do with DuPuis stick ending up in 2 pieces. And the play led directly to a goal because it took him directly out of the play. I think if you spent as much time actually looking at what happens in those replays instead of trying to justify bad non-calls you'd agree that the refs are letting BOTH teams down in this series so far.

Wah wah wah.
    If Malkin doesn't play like an idiot and push Holstrom on top of your goalie, Fleury probably makes that save regardless of what happened before. Then again, maybe not. Fleury is becoming the choke artist of the century. Perhaps Pens fans shouldn't worry so much about the officiating and wonder why their goalie is giving up some of the softest goals of the playoffs.
    Maybe they should worry about giving up goal to two guys who spent all season in the minors (Jonathan Ericsson and Justin Abdelkader) and a third line center (Val Filppula).
    Or take the easy way out and blame it all on the officiating....
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Take care of these Ice Chickens !!

I can stomach anyone winning the cup except them :!:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:

It was a penalty but the Pens still got the puck and failed to clear it. That's where it went bad. Also Malkin did not do Flower any favors. Third even without that goal the Pens still only scored once how the hell do they win the game? Should Malkin be suspended a game because that's what the rule states?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    tybird wrote:
    greenmanny wrote:
    I think that he is after a little man love from Crosby or Malkin too. :lol: :twisted:

He's probably after a little dual action. :?
    milarso wrote:
    Nice. But even YOU can't explain away 20+ seconds w/too many men on the ice. Of course, maybe you can. With the Wings PK as horrible as it has been I can see why Detroit fans don't want good officiating.
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Nice. But even YOU can't explain away 20+ seconds w/too many men on the ice. Of course, maybe you can. With the Wings PK as horrible as it has been I can see why Detroit fans don't want good officiating.

The PK has been horrible. 65% or so I think I heard. I'm not disagreeing that the officiating has been bad -even a Pittsburgh columnist said this morning that the interference call on Erickson that resulted in the power play that lead to the go-ahead goal was "cheap".
    I'm just not going to blame the loss on officiating. Even with bad calls, a good team steps up and does what it has to do.
    Detroit played a good game last night, but Pitt played better. For the first time in the series, Fleury made the stops he had to make, and the Pens capitalized on their pp chances and took advantage of some of Detroit's mistakes.
    I wasn't expecting a sweep and I'm not the least bit worried. This series doesn't even start until somebody loses at home.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    That was a pretty solid effort by both teams (with the exception of the first six minutes of the game when the Redwings were on their heals). I thought the Wings had some good chances in the 2nd period. Both teams had pucks off the post. The Penguins are scary on the power play. As long as the Redwings avoid the penalties they should win.

It's been crazy how often the ice tilts from one side to the other in this series.
    milarso wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:
    milarso wrote:

The PK has been horrible. 65% or so I think I heard. I'm not disagreeing that the officiating has been bad -even a Pittsburgh columnist said this morning that the interference call on Erickson that resulted in the power play that lead to the go-ahead goal was "cheap".
    I'm just not going to blame the loss on officiating. Even with bad calls, a good team steps up and does what it has to do.
    Detroit played a good game last night, but Pitt played better. For the first time in the series, Fleury made the stops he had to make, and the Pens capitalized on their pp chances and took advantage of some of Detroit's mistakes.
    I wasn't expecting a sweep and I'm not the least bit worried. This series doesn't even start until somebody loses at home.

I just don't understand how the Erickson call can be called "cheap"... It was textbook interference that has been called for the past 4 years.

I'm not saying that the officiating wasn't horrible, the calls made were the right calls, but the non-calls (again) are what they were terrible at. I'm guessing that boarding and hitting from behind are now legal, because over the last few games I've seen several hits by Pens players that made me hold my breath, waiting for a refs arm to go up.

I said this last night on a hockey board, but it went from no calls, to pulling out the Paul Devorski Random Penalty Generator.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    DeLukin wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:
    Hehehe. Ok, so maybe a LETS GO RED WINGS!!! thread isn't the best place to go to get sympathy for questionable reffing...
    No Pittsburgh sports fan should EVER be allowed to complain about officiating....EVER...considering all the beyond questionable calls that your NFL team has been graced with over the years. :twisted:
    tybird wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    No Pittsburgh sports fan should EVER be allowed to complain about officiating....EVER...considering all the beyond questionable calls that your NFL team has been graced with over the years. :twisted:

I hope that you saved some cheese for yourself :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln

I just don't understand how the Erickson call can be called "cheap"...

I'm just referencing what Pittsburgh Post Gazette columnist Gene Collier said.
    http://www.freep.com/article/20090603/SPORTS05/90602109/?imw=Y

"The Red Wings’ Achilles heel is their penalty killing unit, which was forced onto the ice in the middle of a deadlocked third period due to a cheap interference call against Johan Ericsson against Cooke.

"Staal tipped the puck to me and I have every right to my lane," Cooke protested. "He forced me with his stick into the boards and that’s always called a penalty."

Perhaps, but so much contentiousness was permitted beforehand, including Chris Kunitz’s plainly evident cross check of Franzen earlier in the period."
    tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

I hope that you saved some cheese for yourself :)
    Probably need to go to the store and pick out a nice selection, yes.... 8-) :twisted:
    "I'll never forgive myself if we win the Cup and they have to close a bunch of schools."-- Chris Osgood
    :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/detroit_pittsburgh_both_attempting?utm_source=a-section
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    are they really having the nba vs nhl scheduled?

..lame

GO WINGS
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Great game last night.Refs let the teams play.
    I don't mind the non calls as long as it's for both teams.Keep the play moving.
    Orpik trip looked like his stick did get caught at the top of Filpulas' shin pad,but i would
    not have complained if there was a diving call also.
    A couple of uncharacteristic Zetterberg give aways,but when you're tired.....
    The longer Datsyuk is out the better for Pittsburgh.( I guess that's a "no shit" statement.)
    Songburst, I know you are tuning in to this thread.Even a young lad from Thunder Bay who hates the Wings style had to love this game.
    Penguins showed how dangerous and quick they can be.
    Should be a great best of 3 for the Holy Grail.

GO WINGS!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • milarso wrote:

That is hillarious! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I can't teach common sense.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    RoughMix wrote:
    Great game last night.Refs let the teams play.
    I don't mind the non calls as long as it's for both teams.Keep the play moving.
    Orpik trip looked like his stick did get caught at the top of Filpulas' shin pad,but i would
    not have complained if there was a diving call also.
    A couple of uncharacteristic Zetterberg give aways,but when you're tired.....
    The longer Datsyuk is out the better for Pittsburgh.( I guess that's a "no shit" statement.)
    Songburst, I know you are tuning in to this thread.Even a young lad from Thunder Bay who hates the Wings style had to love this game.
    Penguins showed how dangerous and quick they can be.
    Should be a great best of 3 for the Holy Grail.

GO WINGS!!
    Wasn't been able to watch games 3&4. Heard that the game last night was a dud save for a few minutes in the second period.
    Games 1&2 weren't too exciting.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...