LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

:lol:
    awwwwww....dont be bitter

Face it, you're going to have to live through another year of the Wings with the cup.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

Face it, you're going to have to live through another year of the Wings with the cup.

Bitter?
    I'm happy the Hawks made it so deep with such a young and talented team. You guys clearly showed that veteran play is far dominant in the playoffs. That said, I expect the Hawks to learn from this and to be a force for years to come!

I hate the Redwings and they can F off. hehehehe

Go Pens!
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm going to miss games 1and 2 as I'm going to be watching the Tragically hip at the Fillmore on Saturday and NIN at Pine Knob on Sunday :( DAM IT ALL!

If Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Erickson can't play this weekend it's going to be tough.

GO WINGS

F the Pens :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Huet made one of the best saves I've ever seen when he stopped the Mule at the end of regulation. Both he and Ozzy played amazing in the net. Thank goodness for Cleary and Helm coming through big.

Now it's time for some conspiracy theory :mrgreen: ... specifically one involving Gary Bettman trying to get his girlfriend Crosby a Stanley Cup. The Redwings are beat to hell right now, missing their two best players along with Hossa now banged up and the NHL decides to move the series schedule up a week??? Now I can understand wanting to get things rolling soon, but three games in four days is a very excessive. I can't think of any finals in any sport that plays games 1 and 2 on consecutive nights. The whole cup could be decided by next Thursday.

Anywho, as long as the 3rd and 4th lines keep it up, all should be good. Go Wings!
    Jason P wrote:
    Huet made one of the best saves I've ever seen when he stopped the Mule at the end of regulation. Both he and Ozzy played amazing in the net. Thank goodness for Cleary and Helm coming through big.

Now it's time for some conspiracy theory :mrgreen: ... specifically one involving Gary Bettman trying to get his girlfriend Crosby a Stanley Cup. The Redwings are beat to hell right now, missing their two best players along with Hossa now banged up and the NHL decides to move the series schedule up a week??? Now I can understand wanting to get things rolling soon, but three games in four days is a very excessive. I can't think of any finals in any sport that plays games 1 and 2 on consecutive nights. The whole cup could be decided by next Thursday.

Anywho, as long as the 3rd and 4th lines keep it up, all should be good. Go Wings!

I hate Effin Bettman and the thought crossed my mind but I think they thought better of waiting 9 or 10 days to get playin again. Now if all things were equal I'd say Wings in 6 but besides injuries let's see how the refs call game one. If you see Pittsburgh with a 5-3 you'll know :)

Huet save was unbelievable! It was a great game but don't tell Songburst :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

Bitter?
    I'm happy the Hawks made it so deep with such a young and talented team. You guys clearly showed that veteran play is far dominant in the playoffs. That said, I expect the Hawks to learn from this and to be a force for years to come!

I hate the Redwings and they can F off. hehehehe

Go Pens!

I hear ya.

Just had to bust some chops. I hate all Chicago teams. But at least your a Cubs fan and not a White Sox fan!!

To tell you the truth, I'm way more of a baseball guy, so I'm more excited about the Tigers start than I am about the Wings!! But of course, GO WINGS!!! :D
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Always nice to see another Chicago team fall out of the playoffs.

Go Red Wings!!! :D
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Always nice to see another Chicago team fall out of the playoffs.

Go Red Wings!!! :D

+1

Does anyone know how Lidstrom was injured and the extent of his injury?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    WIngs were obviously the better team, but the Hawks will be back for sure. And now I become a Penguins fan.....
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    pearljim wrote:
    I hate Effin Bettman and the thought crossed my mind but I think they thought better of waiting 9 or 10 days to get playin again. Now if all things were equal I'd say Wings in 6 but besides injuries let's see how the refs call game one. If you see Pittsburgh with a 5-3 you'll know :)

I saw the save. It was a good save. Missed the game but talk around work was that it was a typical Wings game played on the perimeter.

Have fun at the Hip -- it's been way too long since I have seen them. At least you know that you'll are guaranteed to be entertained. Those hockey games depend on Pittsburgh being aggressive enough to force Detroit to open up a bit.

Also: you are crazy if you think that Bettman has it in for the Wings. If he imposes a rule that requires teams to attempt at least one cross-ice pass per game, then you might have an argument though.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

I saw the save. It was a good save. Missed the game but talk around work was that it was a typical Wings game played on the perimeter.

Have fun at the Hip -- it's been way too long since I have seen them. At least you know that you'll are guaranteed to be entertained. Those hockey games depend on Pittsburgh being aggressive enough to force Detroit to open up a bit.

Also: you are crazy if you think that Bettman has it in for the Wings. If he imposes a rule that requires teams to attempt at least one cross-ice pass per game, then you might have an argument though.

Bettman's hatred of the Wings is only rivalled by his love of Crosby. He'll wet himself if he gets to hand the Cup to Crosby.

Songburst you've proven yourself to know not which ye speak as the Wings are very good at cross ice passes. It's one thing to not like the Wings but at least use facts.

Did you really attend high school with Patrick Sharp? He couldn't have been around too much with hockey and all.

Getting ready to see the Hip in a few hours and that is one correct thing you've said in all your posts - it WILL be entertaining :) Great band and the Canadian crowd is always a lot of fun.

Roberto Clemente.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    pleeeeease beat down cindy and the pens!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    pearljim wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

Bettman's hatred of the Wings is only rivalled by his love of Crosby. He'll wet himself if he gets to hand the Cup to Crosby.

Songburst you've proven yourself to know not which ye speak as the Wings are very good at cross ice passes. It's one thing to not like the Wings but at least use facts.

Did you really attend high school with Patrick Sharp? He couldn't have been around too much with hockey and all.

Getting ready to see the Hip in a few hours and that is one correct thing you've said in all your posts - it WILL be entertaining :) Great band and the Canadian crowd is always a lot of fun.
    The Wings always play up and down the boards when I watch them. I have yet to see them move away from that perimeter puck possession style of play that I so truly loathe to watch but it seems so successful.

Sharp was around throughout high-school. We had a Junior A team in the USHL called the Thunder Bay Flyers back in the day and Sharp played on that team before he went to college (Greg Johnson also played for the Flyers before he went to college -- if you remember that former Wing).
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Posts: 1,034
    the redwings have always been a great team and they beat the pants off us but next year and the years to come the hawks and wings ewill be a great rilvalry and we will get you soon....good luck redwings
    This is Not For You
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Game One is in the books......Joy in Hockeytown...and wherever there is love for the boys in red. 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Game One is in the books......Joy in Hockeytown...and wherever there is love for the boys in red. 8-)

Love for the Red Wings in Denver, CO
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    What a strange game. Two goals going in from behind, one off the boards. That shot that landed on Osgood's back! Breakaway save on Malkin and to top it off, Abdelkader scoring!! Great to come away with the win. Going back-to-back will be strange as well.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    From a BRUINS fan please continue to beat down the Penwings/snowbirds.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Sharp was around throughout high-school. We had a Junior A team in the USHL called the Thunder Bay Flyers back in the day and Sharp played on that team before he went to college (Greg Johnson also played for the Flyers before he went to college -- if you remember that former Wing).[/quote]

Cool. I like the way he plays.

Roberto Clemente.
    Wings up 2 games to 0!

Keep it goin Wings :)

Roberto Clemente.
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Go Wings!
    Halfway home, boys....Go Wings!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Nice and so the beat down continues just keep it going.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Go Red Wings!!!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The refs need to get their whistles out of their asses. Zetterberg AGAIN getting away with murder in the crease? And don't even get me started on Marilyn Hossa's blatant stick-smashing hook that lead directly to a goal. Of course, I probably shouldn't complain. The only thing more unbelievable than what isn't being called on the ice is the fact that Malkin is somehow NOT suspended for instigating w/less than 5 mins left...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    DeLukin wrote:
    The refs need to get their whistles out of their asses. Zetterberg AGAIN getting away with murder in the crease? And don't even get me started on Marilyn Hossa's blatant stick-smashing hook that lead directly to a goal. Of course, I probably shouldn't complain. The only thing more unbelievable than what isn't being called on the ice is the fact that Malkin is somehow NOT suspended for instigating w/less than 5 mins left...

The Scott Walker incident pretty much guaranteed that Malkin wasn't getting suspended.

I agree about the refs though.. they aren't calling ANYTHING... by either team... It makes the games tough to watch for me. I'd rather see the game called like it is during the regular season and early rounds than the pre-lockout style that is being let go now. We saw some great fast-paced games in the earlier rounds, last night looked like one big clusterfuck all over the ice. I missed Detroit's first goal because I got bored and switched over to some Discover Channel show about whales for a while (and that was with my Pens leading 1-0).

The teams are pretty evenly matched, I just wish that the skill players on both sides could actually make some plays without having to skate through sticks and arms constantly.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ah the frustration really set in that game. poor pens.

go wings
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    ah the frustration really set in that game. poor pens.

go wings
    I'm thinking if the Wings weren't up 2-0 their fans would be complaining about the refs too. And hey if you can get away with it, why wouldn't you do it? But I think my point is that in general the refs have let both teams down substantially thus far.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    Would like some cheese with your whine, Sir :twisted:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    In regards to Sunday's game, we saw some face paced games in the earlier rounds because Gary Bettman typically didn't have any other teams play on back-to-back nights.

Did everyone know that the NBC doesn't pay the NHL for broadcast rights? The NHL doesn't see one cent until NBC has recovered all of their operating expenses ... plus the NHL has to help sell advertising! NBC doesn't give a flying puck about hockey, hence they can't interrupt their prime time weekday schedules thus forcing Bettman to play two weekend games in hopes of attracting a national audience. I say to hell with NBC and just broadcast with Versus. The real hockey fans know where to find it. Either that or kiss ESPN's ass.

Now that I'm done ranting, how about them Wings!! I was pretty nervous going into the weekend knowing that the Wings were going to be missing a Wizard and Kris Draper but the young kids keep making plays. I'm sure that Bettman is frustrated that his model franchise wasn't able to take advantage of a tired and beat up team.