LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Wings win again tonight against Nashville,1-0.
    22 players involved in the shootout!!
    Movin' on up!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    ***The Red Wing Lottery***

Which one of these four lucky teams will get rewarded for their hard efforts with a first round matchup against the surging Detroit Red Wings?

San Jose
    Chicago
    Vancouver
    Phoenix

Personally, I hope Chick-a-go is the lucky contestant . . . because I don’t want to stay up until 10 pm for a game to start against the west coast teams!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    jones wrote:

haha I know, remember 2 years ago when they met in the 2nd round, just wasnt the same

I still hate them though
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Jason P wrote:
    ***The Red Wing Lottery***

Which one of these four lucky teams will get rewarded for their hard efforts with a first round matchup against the surging Detroit Red Wings?

San Jose
    Chicago
    Vancouver
    Phoenix

Personally, I hope Chick-a-go is the lucky contestant . . . because I don’t want to stay up until 10 pm for a game to start against the west coast teams!

yeah the time thing always sucks with Detroit in the play-offs, I think I would like to play San Jose, we killed them most of the year and the team is fragile when we take game 1 in the pond :P
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Another win. 5-4 over the Oilers(with apologies to Small Town Beck).
    6 in a row !!
    Wings move into 6th place.

i know what you mean about west coast playoff match ups.
    Happens every year. :D
    watched it till 4-0 wings then turned to lost figuring the game was in hand :o

damn Edmonton, just not in the cards against them
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Even ugly wins are good wins when you are in a playoff race (and the ugly win happens to be your sixth in a row :lol: )
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Yahoo! Sports has an article today about a Blackhawk mural in Chicago that has a giant Stanley Cup next to Toews (with a pig nose to boot). Combine that jinx with the stink of Hossa and I wouldn’t be setting up any parade routes anytime soon in the windy city.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Blackhawks-fans-snort-in-disgust-at-Toews-pig-no?urn=nhl,231193
    Columbus tonight
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    smarchee wrote:

i remember about 10 years ago staying up watching the wings vs kings playoffs. we were up 3-0 in the 3rd. i fell asleep or just went to be.. woke up. turned on sportscenter. Chris Berman goes, "wings fans, if you went to bed early..prepare to spit out your coffee"
    yea we lost. then lost the series
    jones wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

i remember about 10 years ago staying up watching the wings vs kings playoffs. we were up 3-0 in the 3rd. i fell asleep or just went to be.. woke up. turned on sportscenter. Chris Berman goes, "wings fans, if you went to bed early..prepare to spit out your coffee"
    yea we lost. then lost the series

yep, I remember that series, with rage

I went to game # 2 at the Joe and it was a Detroit easy win, like 5-0 or 5-1 I think. I couldn't stay up to watch game 3 but I do remember they were up either 2-0 or 3-0 when I went bed, not a happy wake-up, and then they lost game 4,5 and 6
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    getting ready for the playoffs watching some good oldies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlzCxkfqIfo
    jones wrote:
    getting ready for the playoffs watching some good oldies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlzCxkfqIfo

"Gretzky, had it, lost it". :D
    bring on the Coyotes !!!

we can take any team in the West

FEAR THE WINGS !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I guess it is now safe to resurrect this thread . . . phew! My hat is off to the Phoenix squad. Considering they were playing in Gary Bettman's frozen pool of piss all year, that team showed amazing resolve and excellent unity. I'm just glad that Pavel, Nick, and Hank were able to shine through for us.

Now it is off to kick Joe Thornton's ass!!! :twisted:
    The Happy One is returning?
    I'll welcome him back with open arms.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=320005
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    yeah we could have used Hudler this year, and his goal scoring abilities, with all the injuries he might have got some top line time when Zetty went down, and for sure a second line player in 09-10
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    It should be a great year for the wings! I think everyone got some much needed rest after two Stanley Cup final runs in a row. I'm pretty excited about their offensive lines, especially with Modano and Hudler joining the mix. My only concern is Erickson on defense. . . he needs to realize that he is much bigger then everyone else and quit playing like a wuss.

The Norris division should be tough this year. But as long as they stay healthy, Chicago's reign will be short-lived.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    has jegs checked your fraud card?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    venir de nuevo?
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Haha -- just saw the highlights from the Ducks game -- guess Datsyuk doesn't want the Lady Bing this year. Held his own against Perry. That's the longest I've stayed awake watching the Wings since 1993.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Get to the this year, wings are moving to the palace
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Get to the this year, wings are moving to the palace

Only for a season or two while they build them a new barn. Mike Illich didn't spend a zillion dollars on the Foxtown area to move the Wings to Oakland County. Don't be surprised if the Pistons come back to the D to.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why would the Wings move for only a year or two?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    81 wrote:
    jegs came up fraud free!
    It was great to see pavel get a gordie howe hat trick! It was his first ever regular season fight and he gave Perry more then he could handle.

Man the Joe was rocking!
    lukin2006 wrote:

If Illich buys the Pistons (and it sounds like the process has already started), Illich holdings would also acquire Palace Entertainment (the Palace, Pine Knob, Meadowbrook). The team is already talking about building a new arena, either where the Joe is now, or somewhere else in Detroit. If they demolish the Joe, the Wings will probably move to the Palace in Auburn Hills while they build a new arena. If they choose to build in a different location, it is possible the Wings would still move to Oakland County while it's under construction anyway, as the people who run Cobo Hall have been wanting to renovate and expand into where the Joe is. They haven't released all the details, but it sounds very much like the Wings could be in Auburn Hills in the near future.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Wings 2-0 to start the year. Love how all the haters say the Wings are old :)

Chicago looked awful last night and will not make the finals this year GUARANTEED ;)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

If Illich buys the Pistons (and it sounds like the process has already started), Illich holdings would also acquire Palace Entertainment (the Palace, Pine Knob, Meadowbrook). The team is already talking about building a new arena, either where the Joe is now, or somewhere else in Detroit. If they demolish the Joe, the Wings will probably move to the Palace in Auburn Hills while they build a new arena. If they choose to build in a different location, it is possible the Wings would still move to Oakland County while it's under construction anyway, as the people who run Cobo Hall have been wanting to renovate and expand into where the Joe is. They haven't released all the details, but it sounds very much like the Wings could be in Auburn Hills in the near future.
    Thanks for the explanation. A new arena downtown would be nice. Maybe the concerts will move back downtown and no more 40 minute drives to the palace.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon