LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Great game last night.Refs let the teams play.
    I don't mind the non calls as long as it's for both teams.Keep the play moving.
    Orpik trip looked like his stick did get caught at the top of Filpulas' shin pad,but i would
    not have complained if there was a diving call also.
    A couple of uncharacteristic Zetterberg give aways,but when you're tired.....
    The longer Datsyuk is out the better for Pittsburgh.( I guess that's a "no shit" statement.)
    Songburst, I know you are tuning in to this thread.Even a young lad from Thunder Bay who hates the Wings style had to love this game.
    Penguins showed how dangerous and quick they can be.
    Should be a great best of 3 for the Holy Grail.

GO WINGS!!
    Wasn't been able to watch games 3&4. Heard that the game last night was a dud save for a few minutes in the second period.
    Games 1&2 weren't too exciting.

You heard wrong.
    I can't teach common sense.
  • I'll give it to the pens. They kicked the wings asses last night. But Im not going to panick like the majority of sports talk radio lsteners in Detroit have been today. It would sure be nice to see Pavel back on the ice though.

Wings in 6. (original prediction was wings in 5 ;) )
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Pivotal Game 5 starts now.
    LETS GO WINGS!!!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    What a difference a Datsyuk makes... :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    milarso wrote:

On some of the moves by Datsyuk tonight Fleury looked like this: :shock:
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    milarso wrote:
    That's part of the definition of M.V.P. 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    milarso wrote:

yea no shit
    night and day
    dirty ass penguins
    i usually slash people when im havin a bad game :roll: ...but we'll still see only sid commercials after we beat his ass...again

go wings
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Cripes, that was a tough watch. Pretty impressive meltdown by the Pens. But even as a Pens fan I gotta hand it to the Red Wings - after being called out in the press as old, tired, frustrated, etc. to keep their mouths shut and come out and MASH like that? Impressive. Next game should be a barn-burner...

(Pens in 7)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    MEGATRON wrote:
    dirty ass penguins
    i usually slash people when im havin a bad game :roll: ...but we'll still see only sid commercials after we beat his ass...again

go wings

I was kind of disappointed in the Pens play after Detroit lit the lamp so many times in the second period. Crosby's slash on Zetterberg was so blatant. Also- it seemed really cheap for Talbot to go after Datsyuk's injured foot. But I guess that's how it goes in the playoffs. I was surprised the NBC guys didn't say more about it. The commentators will usually call a guy out for something like that...
    Oh well. I'm just glad he's back in the lineup.
    DeLukin wrote:
    Cripes, that was a tough watch. Pretty impressive meltdown by the Pens. But even as a Pens fan I gotta hand it to the Red Wings - after being called out in the press as old, tired, frustrated, etc. to keep their mouths shut and come out and MASH like that? Impressive. Next game should be a barn-burner...

(Pens in 7)

I'm not sure I've ever seen a series where home ice has been so prevelant. One of the obvious reasons has been because the home team gets the last change, and in Detroit, Babcock has been trying to keep the Crosby/Malkin line contained with Zetterberg, while when they played in Pitt, they changed the matchup a bit to get Crosby out there while Zetterberg was on the bench.
    As a Pitt fan, what do you think is going to happen tomorrow?
    In Game 5- the Wings put Datsyuk with Zetts and Cleary on the same line and focused more on offense- but I think tomorrow, Babcock my switch it up and put Datsyuk and Zetterberg on different lines, so they have a better chance of having one good defensive forward out there when Crosby is on the ice.
    Do you think the Pens will keep Crosby and Malkin together, or try to switch them up to different lines?
    Obviously this is going to be a very intense game with the Cup in the house, but it could be even more interesting when you think about the coaching decisions.
    milarso wrote:
    MEGATRON wrote:
    dirty ass penguins

go wings

I was kind of disappointed in the Pens play after Detroit lit the lamp so many times in the second period. Crosby's slash on Zetterberg was so blatant. Also- it seemed really cheap for Talbot to go after Datsyuk's injured foot. But I guess that's how it goes in the playoffs. I was surprised the NBC guys didn't say more about it. The commentators will usually call a guy out for something like that...
    Oh well. I'm just glad he's back in the lineup.
    I sure there was a memo issued by NBC that said nothing bad could be said Cindy. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    MEGATRON wrote:
    milarso wrote:

yea no shit
    night and day
    dirty ass penguins

go wings
    Ya -- what is the NHL thinking trying to market Crosby? Nothing would sell the game better to potential young fans than a good Osgood, Datsyuk, Lidstrom or Zetterberg commercial. They could really showcase the marketable charisma and colourful characters of the Wings that appeals to the market (14-30 year-old males and females) that the NHL is trying to sell the game to.

The 4 of them could sit there on camera, mouths shut, showing no emotion (maybe even nodding off slightly) and then they could hold up a Stanley Cup as if somebody that wasn't playing the game actually gives a shit about who won for more than 1 night.

Again, not saying that they aren't great players (even hall-of-fame players in Lidstrom and Datsyuk), but they are dreadfully boring to watch.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:

Again, not saying that they aren't great players (even hall-of-fame players in Lidstrom and Datsyuk), but they are dreadfully boring to watch.

And the award for using the most posts to repeat the exact same opinon over and over again goes to.... Songburst!!!
    Yay! *clap, clap, clap*
    :lol::lol::lol:
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

And the award for using the most posts to repeat the exact same opinon over and over again goes to.... Songburst!!!
    Yay! *clap, clap, clap*

And I'll keep it coming so long as people have the wool pulled firmly over their eyes as to what constitutes decent hockey to watch. Games 1,2 and 5 were unwatchable -- if a new fan decided to check those games out to give hockey a shot, they would have long switched back to the fishing network. It had nothing to do with outcome either -- I'm sure that 3&4 were no better but I didn't watch them.
    Songburst wrote:

And I'll keep it coming so long as people have the wool pulled firmly over their eyes as to what constitutes decent hockey to watch. Games 1,2 and 5 were unwatchable -- if a new fan decided to check those games out to give hockey a shot, they would have long switched back to the fishing network. It had nothing to do with outcome either -- I'm sure that 3&4 were no better but I didn't watch them.
    It's the same old story, the same old song and dance.... :twisted:
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Ya -- what is the NHL thinking trying to market Crosby? Nothing would sell the game better to potential young fans than a good Osgood, Datsyuk, Lidstrom or Zetterberg commercial. They could really showcase the marketable charisma and colourful characters of the Wings that appeals to the market (14-30 year-old males and females) that the NHL is trying to sell the game to.

The 4 of them could sit there on camera, mouths shut, showing no emotion (maybe even nodding off slightly) and then they could hold up a Stanley Cup as if somebody that wasn't playing the game actually gives a shit about who won for more than 1 night.

Again, not saying that they aren't great players (even hall-of-fame players in Lidstrom and Datsyuk), but they are dreadfully boring to watch.[/quote]

Well you saw emotion from Pittsburgh during game 5 - would you say that was exciting? And you are right, Detroits fault for being so professional that the young punks have to slash and take cheap shots like little kids.

I've only watched hockey for close to 40 years so I want to see prima cindys slash when they don't get their way and cry to refs. Give me more spoiled millionaires who really need a good punch in the face to grow up. Did you see him lay on the ice in game 4 when Maltby "slashed" him? I don't think you'd fall that fast being shot. Note to Cindy: Watch tape of a true captain, Yzerman. For someone who cherry picks and doesn't back check he was only a plus 3 for the regular season - please tell me how amazing he is again????

I just sooo want 14 year old girls dictate the future of the NHL. Bettman is an ASS.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:

Well you saw emotion from Pittsburgh during game 5 - would you say that was exciting? And you are right, Detroits fault for being so professional that the young punks have to slash and take cheap shots like little kids.

I've only watched hockey for close to 40 years so I want to see prima cindys slash when they don't get their way and cry to refs. Give me more spoiled millionaires who really need a good punch in the face to grow up. Did you see him lay on the ice in game 4 when Maltby "slashed" him? I don't think you'd fall that fast being shot. Note to Cindy: Watch tape of a true captain, Yzerman. For someone who cherry picks and doesn't back check he was only a plus 3 for the regular season - please tell me how amazing he is again????

I just sooo want 14 year old girls dictate the future of the NHL. Bettman is an ASS.
    I did see the highlight of Crosby's soccer dive after Maltby's slash. It looked quite similar to Zetterberg's dive after Crosby's slash. I think that the NHL should bring in an automatic 1 game suspension if you are caught diving on tape -- that would curb the BS dives after slashes, hooks, etc. Diving is probably the worst infraction that a hockey player can make -- it dramatically decreases the integrity of the game.

Anyway, Crosby, Malkin and that field of grass over there are far more marketable than any Wings player and that's the end of the debate. Bettman doesn't care if you watch hockey because he knows that as a Wings fan you will tolerate (and actually defend) the least entertaining style of play in the game since the introduction of the forward pass.

I agree that Bettman is an ass but for different reasons. He refuses to acknowledge that hockey is not a national game in the US and he has yet to pull the plug on the southern teams that just don't work.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Songburst wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

Yay! *clap, clap, clap*

Shouldn't you be hanging out on Patrick Sharp's MySpace page instead??? :mrgreen:
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    edited June 2009
    Songburst wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

I did see the highlight of Crosby's soccer dive after Maltby's slash. It looked quite similar to Zetterberg's dive after Crosby's slash. I think that the NHL should bring in an automatic 1 game suspension if you are caught diving on tape -- that would curb the BS dives after slashes, hooks, etc. Diving is probably the worst infraction that a hockey player can make -- it dramatically decreases the integrity of the game.

Anyway, Crosby, Malkin and that field of grass over there are far more marketable than any Wings player and that's the end of the debate. Bettman doesn't care if you watch hockey because he knows that as a Wings fan you will tolerate (and actually defend) the least entertaining style of play in the game since the introduction of the forward pass.

I agree that Bettman is an ass but for different reasons. He refuses to acknowledge that hockey is not a national game in the US and he has yet to pull the plug on the southern teams that just don't work.

I'll ask again why Crosby/Malkin are more marketable than anyone else? Because Bettman chose them? Zetterberg and Datsyuk are every bit as good/better than them. Show me where I'm wrong, where Crosby and Malkin are better than every player out there - stats please. I said it above - Crosby plus 3 over 77 games, Zetterberg plus 13 over 77 games. Datsyuk is up for 3 major awards. Malkin scoring leader. And don't even try to say Malkin or Crosby is better with the puck than Datsyuk, you'd only be lying to yourself :) So let the 14 year old girls decide right? Oh and not to mention a 6 time Norris Trophy winner.

Totally agree on diving, I've said it for years. Let it be reviewed and a penalty in and of itself. There can be no "slash" if the guy dove. Let a team score a power play goal or two because a player dove and it would stop immediately.
    Post edited by pearljim on
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

I'll ask again why Crosby/Malkin are more marketable than anyone else? Because Bettman chose them? Zetterberg and Datsyuk are every bit as good/better than them. Show me where I'm wrong, where Crosby and Malkin are better than every player out there - stats please. I said it above - Crosby plus 3 over 77 games, Zetterberg plus 13 over 77 games. Datsyuk is up for 2-3 major awards. Malkin scoring leader. So let the 14 year old girls decide right?

Totally agree on diving, I've said it for years. Let it be reviewed and a penalty in and of itself. There can be no "slash" if the guy dove. Let a team score a power play goal or two because a player dove and it would stop immediately.
    Cindy has learned about diving from the master of the dive....his owner. :twisted:
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    The Wings will put the Pens out tonight. The game is going to be awesome.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    greenmanny wrote:
    The Wings will put the Pens out tonight. The game is going to be awesome.

I hope so !

Put these Ice Chickens to bed !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Let's go Red Wings!!!!
    Jason P wrote:
    Shouldn't you be hanging out on Patrick Sharp's MySpace page instead??? :mrgreen:
    Patrick Sharp? I heard that he was a big PJ fan.
    pearljim wrote:
    I'll ask again why Crosby/Malkin are more marketable than anyone else? Because Bettman chose them? Zetterberg and Datsyuk are every bit as good/better than them. Show me where I'm wrong, where Crosby and Malkin are better than every player out there - stats please. I said it above - Crosby plus 3 over 77 games, Zetterberg plus 13 over 77 games. Datsyuk is up for 3 major awards. Malkin scoring leader. And don't even try to say Malkin or Crosby is better with the puck than Datsyuk, you'd only be lying to yourself :) So let the 14 year old girls decide right? Oh and not to mention a 6 time Norris Trophy winner.

You asked before?

The answer is simple. Datsyuk and Zetterberg play in a system that requires all players to be unbearably disciplined (both in playing the Wings system and in turning the other cheek when it comes to physical confrontations) first, defensively responsible second and offensive creativity (which is sometimes turned around for scoring chances the other way when it doesn't pan out) is frowned upon. Datsyuk is exciting at times (both with and without the puck) but in terms of creative license and playing in a more exciting system to watch (which is what is marketable at the end of the day) the Pens stars have got the Wings slaughtered. It isn't a coincidence that every Pens games (and series) these playoffs were unbelievably exciting until they ran into the Wings. The Cup Final games that I watched were awful games to watch for someone who isn't a fan of either team.

If the Wings open up and take some risks, they may lose more hockey games but I guarantee that they will be much more appealing in terms of marketability and watchability.
    Wow. Decent game 6 last night. Lots of action, good scoring chances, great goaltending. I know that I'm not the only one who thought that Fleury would choke at the end. Jordan Staal was a machine last night. Datsyuk had a good game as well. Didn't even notice Crosby.

This is the first Wings game that I have watched these playoffs (or in a couple of years for that matter) where I wasn't angry that I watched it when it was over.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Well hopefully I'll be in northern Michigan Friday (for a wedding) and be able to enjoy a celebration with alot of Red Wings fans.... :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Fleury had a decent game, but Rob Scuderi made the 3 biggest saves for the Pens. I'm not a Wings fan and I don't buy into Crosby/Bettman marketing conspiracy theories, but I thought the officiating was all over the place. Call it tight or call loose, just be consistent and call obvious stuff...the no call on Cleary's breakaway was unexcusable.
    I can't teach common sense.
    Both teams played inspired hockey last night, and the Penguins came out and played like they needed to to win. Fleury had a big game and made some huge stops. The Wings will need a huge effort on Friday if they want to keep the Cup.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Why do I have this weird feeling that the Pens can pull off a win. Oh what's this controversy with NBC not showing the game in opposing home arenas? Hockey need to see these whereever they can just to gain a hand on getting NEW fans.

GO LET'S WINGS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)