LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    WTF? Get off your knees and step away from Crosby please.

Nice. I'm glad someone finally said this.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:

Okay by your theory someone can shoot the puck from their own end into the opposing end and even though no one touches it until the opposing goaltender 180 feet away that player can still be hit.
    I don't think so.
    Hudler was hit at least 2 seconds after the puck left his stick.Not one thousandth of a second.
    One thing I do agree with you on,afternoon games do suck.
    You need a dvr or one of them there old fashioned vcr thingies.
    That's what I do.
    I would never waste HD space on a Wings game - gotta save room for American Idol reruns. Plus players usually float through afternoon games playoffs or not - so no interest in watching an afternoon game.

Anyway, about the interference, look up Rule 56 in the official rule book.

Here is an excerpt:

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

So ya -- legally if someone shoots the puck down the ice, they can be hit until someone else touches the puck.

I gave Milarso shit for quoting the rulebook at me back when Hudler got hit, but I'm actually glad that he did -- I thought that puck possession was determined at the referee's discretion.

No Songburst,they can't be hit if they shoot the puck down the ice like I said because the rule clearly states:
    "provided the check is rendered IMMEDIATELY following his loss of possession".

Back to the Kronwall hit,If Havlat gets up after that hit there is no penalty.
    Anyway the Kronwall hit played a major part in Sunday's victory bec. the hawks were running around trying to dish out some form of retribution and only made trips to the box.
    Gotta watch that playoff hockey,have some dignity,man.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I love how one of the intermission stories on NBC yesterday was "are the pens destined to win the cup?"

WTF? Get off your knees and step away from Crosby please.
    +1
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    RoughMix wrote:
    No Songburst,they can't be hit if they shoot the puck down the ice like I said because the rule clearly states:

Anyway the Kronwall hit played a major part in Sunday's victory bec. the hawks were running around trying to dish out some form of retribution and only made trips to the box.
    I actually asked my buddy who is a high-level referee about this because the loss of possession statement seems a little vague. He said that the only way that a player loses possession is by somebody else gaining possession which means that the last person to touch the puck is the player who has possession of the puck. That also means that I can shoot the puck around the rink and somebody could legally check me immediately after somebody else picks up the puck. Possession is not typically called that way (think of all of the "late" hits that have been called that don't adhere to this interpretation) but that is the way that it is supposed to be.

Kronwall would have got 2 minutes if Havlat got up. Chicago should know that running around for retribution against the Wings is dumb because those Wing gloves are cemented on and they don't ever retaliate with stickwork or punches or anything. If that is really what the Hawks did, then they deserved to lose. Are you sure that they didn't start running around once the game was out of reach? That would be expected.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    I'll bet that it was a real treat to watch that game. Afternoon game. One team shows up to play. Hopefully the Pens can inject some life into the Wings games next round. Every single Pens game has been amazing to watch so far in these playoffs. Hopefully they can push the Wings enough that they have to play with some creativity (they have the talent to play an entertaining style, you know) instead of just playing their run of mill puck possession game.

Yeah, just like last year, when the Wings dominated in five games.
    Ho hum.
    Lol -- a couple of guys in my office came in today and asked me if I watched the "shit hockey game" on Sunday.

The Pens are a much better team than the one the Wings faced last year. They have the talent to force Detroit to use the middle of the ice and maybe generate some excitement at least.
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:

I actually asked my buddy who is a high-level referee about this because the loss of possession statement seems a little vague. He said that the only way that a player loses possession is by somebody else gaining possession which means that the last person to touch the puck is the player who has possession of the puck. That also means that I can shoot the puck around the rink and somebody could legally check me immediately after somebody else picks up the puck. Possession is not typically called that way (think of all of the "late" hits that have been called that don't adhere to this interpretation) but that is the way that it is supposed to be.

Kronwall would have got 2 minutes if Havlat got up. Chicago should know that running around for retribution against the Wings is dumb because those Wing gloves are cemented on and they don't ever retaliate with stickwork or punches or anything. If that is really what the Hawks did, then they deserved to lose. Are you sure that they didn't start running around once the game was out of reach? That would be expected.
    Hawks came out hard but a little reckless trying to set a tone.
    Although they survived the first period power plays from the Wings,When Quenville lost it after the shit call on Walker,he lost his team also.
    I mean he flipped out on the refs.
    In the middle of the second,Versteeg and Walker took needless,careless penalties.Zetterberg scored and it was over.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2008030324
    I do wish the Wings would drop the gloves more,Franzen is 6'3" for cripes sake.
    And Stuart is a good size also.
    Least fighting majors in the league :roll:
    The interference rule is strange to be sure.
    I think you are correct in that the Pens are much better than last year.
    You have to lose to know how to win.
    If Wings vs.Pens comes to fruition I expect 7 games.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    RoughMix wrote:

Never in a million years does that series go seven.

Best play of game four- Versteeg grabbing Kronwall's sweater, ready to fight, and Nick just smiling like he just won the effing Cup. No need to fight when you don't need to prove anything.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Songburst wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    I'll bet that it was a real treat to watch that game. Afternoon game. One team shows up to play. Hopefully the Pens can inject some life into the Wings games next round. Every single Pens game has been amazing to watch so far in these playoffs. Hopefully they can push the Wings enough that they have to play with some creativity (they have the talent to play an entertaining style, you know) instead of just playing their run of mill puck possession game.

Yeah, just like last year, when the Wings dominated in five games.
    Ho hum.
    Lol -- a couple of guys in my office came in today and asked me if I watched the "shit hockey game" on Sunday.

The Pens are a much better team than the one the Wings faced last year. They have the talent to force Detroit to use the middle of the ice and maybe generate some excitement at least.

Crosby and Malkin are peaking right now, so that makes the Pens dangerous. But a better team as a whole? Doubtful. They have to guys- who are arguably the two best players in the league- playing the best hockey of their pro careers right now. But they are not a better team. Two great players? Yes. A better team? No. Watch the Finals and watch a real TEAM, beat two great players. They might go six this year. But Wings win. They, regardless of how "boring" they are. Are a better team.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    milarso wrote:
    Crosby and Malkin are peaking right now, so that makes the Pens dangerous. But a better team as a whole? Doubtful. They have to guys- who are arguably the two best players in the league- playing the best hockey of their pro careers right now. But they are not a better team. Two great players? Yes. A better team? No. Watch the Finals and watch a real TEAM, beat two great players. They might go six this year. But Wings win. They, regardless of how "boring" they are. Are a better team.
    The Wings may be the better team but the better team doesn't always win. And I think you're right no way it goes 7 Pens win in 5.
    #FHP
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    this is all we have for detroit right now
    when will you ever get to say your team won more than championships last year than your football team won games
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Penguins success will be directly dictated by Fleury. The Ducks took the Wings to the brink due to the force-field that Hiller had behind him (and thuggery), and Khabibulen was doing a great job himself but if your defense lets the other team take 40+ shots your going to lose a few.

But there is still one game to win before everyone starts worrying about the Pens. As the great Winston Wolf once said, "Let's not start sucking our dicks just quite yet".
    Jason P wrote:

But there is still one game to win before everyone starts worrying about the Pens. As the great Winston Wolf once said, "Let's not start sucking our dicks just quite yet".

I love that quote. :lol:
  • tterBtterB Posts: 17
    Any NHL city you go to, there is a large number of Wings fans in every crowd. More so than any other team on the road. I went to a game in St. Louis, 1/4 had to be wings fans. Last year in Chi town, it had to be another 1/4 count. In Columbus I bet there are more than half wings fans than the home team.

Hawks are a write off - the Penguins must go down again !!!!

GO WINGS !!!
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    If Wings vs.Pens comes to fruition I expect 7 games.[/quote]

The only way I want to see the Wings drop the gloves is when they pick up Stanley! :0
    Shit Lilja and Kopecky out because they dropped the gloves and got hammered. Hell the Wings can't fight but they sure can play hockey. Now do I wish we had some young tough guys who could also play for us sure but right now we don't so we'll just have to ignore and win on the scoreboard.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    tterB wrote:
    Any NHL city you go to, there is a large number of Wings fans in every crowd. More so than any other team on the road. I went to a game in St. Louis, 1/4 had to be wings fans. Last year in Chi town, it had to be another 1/4 count. In Columbus I bet there are more than half wings fans than the home team.

GO WINGS !!!
    Lots of Wings fans scattered around out there to be sure but more "road fans" than Toronto or Montreal? Be real.
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:

Never in a million years does that series go seven.

Best play of game four- Versteeg grabbing Kronwall's sweater, ready to fight, and Nick just smiling like he just won the effing Cup. No need to fight when you don't need to prove anything.
    That's awesome. It would have been even better if he turtled with a big smile on his face. That's one of his favourite moves.
    RoughMix wrote:
    Hawks came out hard but a little reckless trying to set a tone.
    Although they survived the first period power plays from the Wings,When Quenville lost it after the shit call on Walker,he lost his team also.
    I mean he flipped out on the refs.
    In the middle of the second,Versteeg and Walker took needless,careless penalties.Zetterberg scored and it was over.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2008030324
    I just hope for some good hockey games to watch. I'm not a fan of either team so good hockey games to watch is the best result I can hope for. There is no way that you can tell me that these Wings-Hawks games (or any other Wings games these playoffs) have come anywhere close to having the level of excitement of any of the other series this year.
    Songburst wrote:
    That's awesome. It would have been even better if he turtled with a big smile on his face. That's one of his favourite moves.

Man, I looked all over and couldn't find a single video clip or mention of Kronwall ever turtleing...

I did find this though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCm8cWaZls&feature=related
  • tterBtterB Posts: 17
    Songburst wrote:
    tterB wrote:

GO WINGS !!!
    Lots of Wings fans scattered around out there to be sure but more "road fans" than Toronto or Montreal? Be real.

I MOTHER EARTH album cover, huh? Great album cover. You gotta be Canadian. I am too, and let me tell you, outside of Canada, the Wings, for sure, have more road fans than T.O. - or the Habs - no question about it. Now if you go to a Canucks game, or Flames out west, then you'll see a the blue and white put a dent in the Calgary sea of red. However, I've got to tell you, there are more Michigan transplants spread through the states than Canadians, and although you will definatley notice the Habs, and T.O fans everywhere, its nothing like when the Wings come to town. AND, it's always easy to pick out the Toronto fans with those brown paper bags on there head !
    No Lidstrom or Datsyuk for game 5 tonight.
    Another break for Chicago.
    I would expect a more disciplined game from them.
    Maybe a little closer this time.

GO WINGS!!
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    What the hell is wrong with Erickson??? He's out also!

0-0 after 2 periods. I honestly think if it was game 7 Datsyuk and Lidstrom would be out there but am concerned about Big E. They are playing tonight's game with 4 players that were in the minors this year. Name another team that could do that and still be in the game. Helm had an unbelievable penalty kill shift.

GO WINGS!!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • tterB wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    tterB wrote:

GO WINGS !!!

I MOTHER EARTH album cover, huh? Great album cover. You gotta be Canadian. I am too, and let me tell you, outside of Canada, the Wings, for sure, have more road fans than T.O. - or the Habs - no question about it. Now if you go to a Canucks game, or Flames out west, then you'll see a the blue and white put a dent in the Calgary sea of red. However, I've got to tell you, there are more Michigan transplants spread through the states than Canadians, and although you will definatley notice the Habs, and T.O fans everywhere, its nothing like when the Wings come to town. AND, it's always easy to pick out the Toronto fans with those brown paper bags on there head !

No jobs in Michigan - Wings fans dominate the country!
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Yay!
    :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

:lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

ANYBODY but the Penwings.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    g under p wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    F the Redwings!

Go Pens!

ANYBODY but the Penwings.

Peace

Yeah, I at least hope it's a good series because I couldn't give a shit about either of them. That said, Go Pens!
    F the Redwings! :D
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

Man, I looked all over and couldn't find a single video clip or mention of Kronwall ever turtleing...

I did find this though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCm8cWaZls&feature=related

Lol -- just busting your balls -- I already knew that Kronwall was a pussy. But he can hit unsuspecting players with their head down though.
    tterB wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    tterB wrote:

GO WINGS !!!

You think? I haven't seen too many Wings away games recently so maybe I'm wrong. I have seen lots of Leafs and Habs away games and I know that there are always tonnes of those fans in the crowd.

I've seen the Leafs and Habs play in Minnesota a few times and there were always a large contingent of Leafs/Habs fans there -- I think that I knew most of them though.

No paper bags here but I hate to admit that I was a Toronto fan for a night -- but only because I was at Maple Leaf Gardens the night that Domi KO'ed Ulf Samuelson with a clean sucker punch and I happened to be sitting in an entire section of Blueshirts fans -- that was a fun night.

Only saw the Wings play twice -- once against the North Stars and once against the Jets. They were fun to watch back then. Saw Keith Primeau and Tkachuk drop the mitts in a 1-0 Jets win. I saw Yzerman and Federov dismantle the North Stars for 7 goals -- and Jon Casey still got 2nd star.

Missed most of the game tonight -- saw OT. Congrats to the Wings. May your crappy style of play bring forth many Cups.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Go Wings!!!! 8-)8-):mrgreen:

Time to send Cindy home without the Cup!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.