LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    DeLukin wrote:
    that little cherry picker Crosby.
    Another goal last night (league-leading 13th of the playoffs). Not bad for a 'little cherry picker'...

The Penguins still don't stand a chance against Detroit's defense.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    milarso wrote:

Hockey is so funny about how they will never release actual injuries during the playoffs. It makes you wonder how many guys are still playing hurt, but you never hear about it. These guys are tough.

It's unreal how secretive they are about the injuries. I thought it was bad during the regular season with the whole "lower body" or "upper body" injury. There are guys limping into the arena and there's not a word said about it.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    If you are hurt or banged up to some degree at this stage of the playoffs then you are not playing.
    Toughest trophy to win.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    So where's Chelios?

;)

I bet it's because he's American! :D
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Game 3 tonight.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!
    mca47 wrote:
    So where's Chelios?

;)

I bet it's because he's American! :D

Good ol' Roenick.
    Must be bored.
    To bad Chelios isn't 27,hell 37 for that matter.
    Babcock loves him,but we all saw the glaring errors early in the playoffs.

Still,if he was Canadian he'd be in there. :mrgreen:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Cheli isn't playing because he has been making some gawd-awful decisions over the past few months and making lazy penalties that have led to goals. There was a reason he was riding the pine tar in the OT loss to the Ducks. That said, I hope he gets into one game against Chicago. And he is still one of my favorite all-time players.
    Jason P wrote:
    Cheli isn't playing because he has been making some gawd-awful decisions over the past few months and making lazy penalties that have led to goals. There was a reason he was riding the pine tar in the OT loss to the Ducks. That said, I hope he gets into one game against Chicago. And he is still one of my favorite all-time players.

That's got to be tough for him though. Being a legend like him having to sit there and watch from the sideline...

I think they should put him in! Especially if he has been sloppy lately! :D

Go Hawks!
    Hawks Win!!!!
    mca47 wrote:
    Hawks Win!!!!

Everybody has to win once.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    mca47 wrote:
    Hawks Win!!!!

Tell that to the Detroit Lions fans :lol:
    NERDS!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    mca47 wrote:
    Hawks Win!!!!

Tell that to the Detroit Lions fans :lol:

now that is just not needed.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

just ruined my morning. so sick of these jokes
    Series tightened up last night.
    This will make for better hockey.
    I cannot believe Kronwall was penalized last night for a PERFECT hit on Havlat.
    The puck was there,Havlat had his head down,and the timing was exceptional.
    None of the two refs even indicated there should be a penalty.
    That is good hard nosed hockey.
    For a guy who is not that big he has delivered some crushing hits in the past.
    Even though the Hawks didn't capitalize it was a big momentum stealer from the the Wings.
    Not to mention one less defenseman for the rest of the game.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    RoughMix wrote:
    Even though the Hawks didn't capitalize it was a big momentum stealer from the the Wings.

I hope that you weren't one of the guys screaming for suspensions after Hudler got hit in round 2 against the Ducks. The Kronvall play was actually interference because Havlat hasn't touched the puck yet (whereas when Hudler was hit, he had possession of the puck). You don't have possession and therefore are not fair game for a check if the puck is near you. I liked the play (it was a great hit) and thought that it was a momentum-changer for sure, but I think that the penalty was justified in that case.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    The Kronvall play was actually interference because Havlat hasn't touched the puck yet (whereas when Hudler was hit, he had possession of the puck). You don't have possession and therefore are not fair game for a check if the puck is near you.

100% correct.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Had Havlat actually touched the puck it would have been a good hit. Actually, had the hit come 1 second later it would have been fine but it was early and it was interference.
    Was a good call by the refs.

The series has been sooooo much fun to watch!

I hope the Hawks can take Sunday's game so they can have a little momentum heading back to Detroit.
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:

I hope that you weren't one of the guys screaming for suspensions after Hudler got hit in round 2 against the Ducks. The Kronvall play was actually interference because Havlat hasn't touched the puck yet (whereas when Hudler was hit, he had possession of the puck). You don't have possession and therefore are not fair game for a check if the puck is near you. I liked the play (it was a great hit) and thought that it was a momentum-changer for sure, but I think that the penalty was justified in that case.

The rule in question about not touching the puck and getting hit is one of the most non called rules in the game.
    "Technically",yes it was a penalty but this type of stuff happens every game.Two guys going into the corner after a loose puck they bump ,hit,whatever, should be a penalty but isn't.Refs discretion I guess.
    Call it all the time or don't call it at all.The puck was right there,inches from Havlat's feet.Songburst,in the case of Hudler there was no puck around when he was nailed.By the way Songburst were you actually watching robot,non-emotional Red Wing hockey,as you say,or are you just a "highlight" watcher.This series certainly is emotional now,thanks to a great Red Wings hit.
    Game 4 should be fun.
    GO WINGS!!
    RoughMix wrote:
    The rule in question about not touching the puck and getting hit is one of the most non called rules in the game.
    "Technically",yes it was a penalty but this type of stuff happens every game.Two guys going into the corner after a loose puck they bump ,hit,whatever, should be a penalty but isn't.Refs discretion I guess.
    Call it all the time or don't call it at all.The puck was right there,inches from Havlat's feet.Songburst,in the case of Hudler there was no puck around when he was nailed.By the way Songburst were you actually watching robot,non-emotional Red Wing hockey,as you say,or are you just a "highlight" watcher.This series certainly is emotional now,thanks to a great Red Wings hit.
    Game 4 should be fun.
    GO WINGS!!
    Actually, interference is a penalty that is based on puck possession. If I have the puck and pass it, I have possession until another player touches it. It is legal to check somebody who has possession or has just lost possession. In Hudler's case, he still had possession because nobody had touched the puck after he passed it when he was hit.

In Havlat's case, he never touched the puck therefore he did not have possession therefore the hit was interference. It was no real fault of Kronwall's mind you, because when he hit Havlat, he figured that Havlat would be receiving the pass at that instant -- those suicide passes are killer.

Anyway, ya I watched the whole game 3 and it was ok (the first 2 periods were tolerable), but it is nowhere near the entertainment level of any other series I have watched yet in these playoffs. That puck possession game that the Wings play is soooo dull to watch. Kronwall's hit could have injected some emotion, but the Wings refuse to play that game, so it just becomes more of the same "force turnover in neutral zone, move puck up the side of the boards (wouldn't want to ever try a cross-ice pass because some excitement might ensue), get the puck in deep, send one guy in to forecheck (usually that's all you need if it's Datsyuk on the forecheck mind you), cycle the puck on the boards, shoot to miss defenders and hope you get a lucky bounce so someone can tap the puck into an empty net" -- repeat as required. The problem with that style is that the only way to beat it is to try to play the same style so you get snooze-fests.

If you watched any of the Pittsburgh games in these playoffs, the games have been just fun to watch. End-to-end with multiple great scoring chances in both ends of the rink. I'm no Pittsburgh fan by any means either -- it's just been great hockey to watch.

I'll hold my breath for an exciting game this afternoon -- afternoon games are lame even with the best of teams playing.
    ---YAWN----

Nick.jpg

Boring....
    RED WINGS BABY!!!!
  • Nice Blackhawks.

I know that you're outmatched and outclassed, but way to goon it up today.

Dont worry, only 1 more game and you're out of your misery.

GO WINGS!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Game 4 should be fun.
    GO WINGS!!
    Actually, interference is a penalty that is based on puck possession. If I have the puck and pass it, I have possession until another player touches it. It is legal to check somebody who has possession or has just lost possession. In Hudler's case, he still had possession because nobody had touched the puck after he passed it when he was hit.

In Havlat's case, he never touched the puck therefore he did not have possession therefore the hit was interference. It was no real fault of Kronwall's mind you, because when he hit Havlat, he figured that Havlat would be receiving the pass at that instant -- those suicide passes are killer.

Anyway, ya I watched the whole game 3 and it was ok (the first 2 periods were tolerable), but it is nowhere near the entertainment level of any other series I have watched yet in these playoffs. That puck possession game that the Wings play is soooo dull to watch. Kronwall's hit could have injected some emotion, but the Wings refuse to play that game, so it just becomes more of the same "force turnover in neutral zone, move puck up the side of the boards (wouldn't want to ever try a cross-ice pass because some excitement might ensue), get the puck in deep, send one guy in to forecheck (usually that's all you need if it's Datsyuk on the forecheck mind you), cycle the puck on the boards, shoot to miss defenders and hope you get a lucky bounce so someone can tap the puck into an empty net" -- repeat as required. The problem with that style is that the only way to beat it is to try to play the same style so you get snooze-fests.

If you watched any of the Pittsburgh games in these playoffs, the games have been just fun to watch. End-to-end with multiple great scoring chances in both ends of the rink. I'm no Pittsburgh fan by any means either -- it's just been great hockey to watch.

I'll hold my breath for an exciting game this afternoon -- afternoon games are lame even with the best of teams playing.
    Interference is based on puck possession,but the hit must happen immediately after the puck is gone.
    In the Hudler case the hit was late.
    I said in the Kronwall hit,this stuff happens all the time but is never called.Now all hits aren't as devastating as this one was. Which is partly why the call was made.Why not only 2 minutes for interference on Kronwall? Byfuglien(or whatever) could have been called for interference on the play they assume took Lidstrom out.No call.
    That hit was/is more potentially harmful to the Wings than the hit on Havlat is to Chicago bec. Havlat played
    game 4.
    Oh well,Hawks blew a great chance today.Not taking advantage of Wing injuries.
    Bye bye Chicago.
    Nice Blackhawks.

I know that you're outmatched and outclassed, but way to goon it up today.

Dont worry, only 1 more game and you're out of your misery.

GO WINGS!!

:D
    RoughMix wrote:
    Interference is based on puck possession,but the hit must happen immediately after the puck is gone.
    I said in the Kronwall hit,this stuff happens all the time but is never called.Now all hits aren't as devastating as this one was. Which is partly why the call was made.Why not only 2 minutes for interference on Kronwall? Byfuglien(or whatever) could have been called for interference on the play they assume took Lidstrom out.No call.
    That hit was/is more potentially harmful to the Wings than the hit on Havlat is to Chicago bec. Havlat played
    game 4.
    Bye bye Chicago.
    Officially you have possession of the puck until somebody else takes possession of it. That is why you keep your head up when you make a pass. The hit on Hudler was not late at all (not even a millisecond) because the puck was still en route to it's target when he got destroyed.

Missed the game entirely today -- lousy afternoon games should be banned.
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    game 4.
    Bye bye Chicago.
    Officially you have possession of the puck until somebody else takes possession of it. That is why you keep your head up when you make a pass. The hit on Hudler was not late at all (not even a millisecond) because the puck was still en route to it's target when he got destroyed.

Here's what you missed. :)
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/ma ... blackhawks

Go Red Wings!!!
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    game 4.
    Bye bye Chicago.

Okay by your theory someone can shoot the puck from their own end into the opposing end and even though no one touches it until the opposing goaltender 180 feet away that player can still be hit.
    I don't think so.
    Hudler was hit at least 2 seconds after the puck left his stick.Not one thousandth of a second.
    One thing I do agree with you on,afternoon games do suck.
    You need a dvr or one of them there old fashioned vcr thingies.
    That's what I do.
    RoughMix wrote:

Okay by your theory someone can shoot the puck from their own end into the opposing end and even though no one touches it until the opposing goaltender 180 feet away that player can still be hit.
    I don't think so.
    Hudler was hit at least 2 seconds after the puck left his stick.Not one thousandth of a second.
    One thing I do agree with you on,afternoon games do suck.
    You need a dvr or one of them there old fashioned vcr thingies.
    That's what I do.
    I would never waste HD space on a Wings game - gotta save room for American Idol reruns. Plus players usually float through afternoon games playoffs or not - so no interest in watching an afternoon game.

Anyway, about the interference, look up Rule 56 in the official rule book.

Here is an excerpt:

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

So ya -- legally if someone shoots the puck down the ice, they can be hit until someone else touches the puck.

I gave Milarso shit for quoting the rulebook at me back when Hudler got hit, but I'm actually glad that he did -- I thought that puck possession was determined at the referee's discretion.
    Songburst wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    game 4.
    Bye bye Chicago.

Here's what you missed. :)
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/ma ... blackhawks

Go Red Wings!!!

I'll bet that it was a real treat to watch that game. Afternoon game. One team shows up to play. Hopefully the Pens can inject some life into the Wings games next round. Every single Pens game has been amazing to watch so far in these playoffs. Hopefully they can push the Wings enough that they have to play with some creativity (they have the talent to play an entertaining style, you know) instead of just playing their run of mill puck possession game.
    Songburst wrote:
    I'll bet that it was a real treat to watch that game. Afternoon game. One team shows up to play. Hopefully the Pens can inject some life into the Wings games next round. Every single Pens game has been amazing to watch so far in these playoffs. Hopefully they can push the Wings enough that they have to play with some creativity (they have the talent to play an entertaining style, you know) instead of just playing their run of mill puck possession game.

Yeah, just like last year, when the Wings dominated in five games.
    Ho hum.
  • I love how one of the intermission stories on NBC yesterday was "are the pens destined to win the cup?"

WTF? Get off your knees and step away from Crosby please.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.