LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. A new arena downtown would be nice. Maybe the concerts will move back downtown and no more 40 minute drives to the palace.

And how awesome would it be if they built hockey's first "throwback" arena. Like a modern arena, but with a look of one of the old school barns. Imagine an arena that looks like the old Olympia, but has all the modern amenities.
    And think about if Illich does buy the Pistons, and brings them back downtown, and then keeps the Palace just for concert events. There are a lot of cool possibilities.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    glad we ruined Chicago's Stanley Cup Banner Raising night

I remember the Leafs doing that after the 2008 Cup, and that pissed me off living in the Toronto area
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. A new arena downtown would be nice. Maybe the concerts will move back downtown and no more 40 minute drives to the palace.

And how awesome would it be if they built hockey's first "throwback" arena. Like a modern arena, but with a look of one of the old school barns. Imagine an arena that looks like the old Olympia, but has all the modern amenities.
    And think about if Illich does buy the Pistons, and brings them back downtown, and then keeps the Palace just for concert events. There are a lot of cool possibilities.

The old style barn would be cool. I am going to assume they will need financial help from the state/Detroit? Would they not want the concerts downtown? I would think the concerts downtown would be a real boon for downtown. I remember going to the Joe back in the mid 80's for concerts and that river front/hart plaza was a real hopping area before/concerts. I guess I am just hoping for concerts downtown, the palace is kind of an I convenience, but a great venue.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

The old style barn would be cool. I am going to assume they will need financial help from the state/Detroit? Would they not want the concerts downtown? I would think the concerts downtown would be a real boon for downtown. I remember going to the Joe back in the mid 80's for concerts and that river front/hart plaza was a real hopping area before/concerts. I guess I am just hoping for concerts downtown, the palace is kind of an I convenience, but a great venue.
    I've only been to the Palace once, but the place is a dump . . . or should I say it's actually IN a dump. My buddy and I were going up there for a NIN concert and about 20 miles out we were trying to figure out what mountain range we were nearing . . . and it turned out to be a landfill otherwise known as Auburn Hills!

I like the Joe. I would be happy if they just sunk $10Min in it to add about 300 toilets.
    Jason P wrote:
    I've only been to the Palace once, but the place is a dump . . . or should I say it's actually IN a dump. My buddy and I were going up there for a NIN concert and about 20 miles out we were trying to figure out what mountain range we were nearing . . . and it turned out to be a landfill otherwise known as Auburn Hills!

I like the Joe. I would be happy if they just sunk $10Min in it to add about 300 toilets.

I don't think the Palace is a dump. For a 22-year old arena, it's in pretty good shape. And it's completely paid for. Which I imagine is a pretty important fact when Illich decides what he wants to do.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    milarso wrote:

The palace isn't a dump. I think the Joe needs to be done away with. I could be wrong here, but I'm sure if he buys the Pistons and get a downtown stadium he is going to want the concerts back downtown.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

milarso wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I don't think the Palace is a dump. For a 22-year old arena, it's in pretty good shape. And it's completely paid for. Which I imagine is a pretty important fact when Illich decides what he wants to do.

Is it just possible he buys the pistons, moves them to the Joe until a new arena is built? I'm sure they can be sold separate from the palace.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    milarso wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

The Palace itself isn't a dump but it is built in one. The smell of decomposing diapers kind of ruins the ambiance of a good tailgating session for me. :sick:

My only real complaint on the actual arena itself is that there was not a lot of leg room between rows.
  • Yay! A Red Wings thread does exist!

I wish the Wings could play Tampa Bay all the time. It was like a home game last night. Tons of red, the "Let's go Red Wings!" chant, and there was even a little octopus swinging.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Yay! A Red Wings thread does exist!

I wish the Wings could play Tampa Bay all the time. It was like a home game last night. Tons of red, the "Let's go Red Wings!" chant, and there was even a little octopus swinging.

that's happens for every team with a good following that plays in florida. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

The Palace itself isn't a dump but it is built in one. The smell of decomposing diapers kind of ruins the ambiance of a good tailgating session for me. :sick:

My only real complaint on the actual arena itself is that there was not a lot of leg room between rows.

it's all mute at this point, but i like the Joe for hockey just as it is. they have the best standing room only tickets in all of sports. where else can you get in the lower level for 25 bucks.

palace is ok, only went there once for a PJ show. don't remember much about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

that's happens for every team with a good following that plays in florida. :lol:

Yeah, I know. I mostly enjoyed THEIR ice crew guy swinging the octopus like he was Al Sobotka.

182256_10150094710597239_547102238_6228295_5027953_n.jpg
    MFCarissa wrote:
    81 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Yeah, I know. I mostly enjoyed THEIR ice crew guy swinging the octopus like he was Al Sobotka.

182256_10150094710597239_547102238_6228295_5027953_n.jpg

:lol: that's awesome.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • it's all mute at this point, but i like the Joe for hockey just as it is. they have the best standing room only tickets in all of sports. where else can you get in the lower level for 25 bucks.

palace is ok, only went there once for a PJ show. don't remember much about it.

The one time I got a standing room ticket at the Joe, I moved to some empty seats about 8 rows from the ice for the second half of the game. The row I sat in ended up being the pizza row. So I got an entire free pizza and lower bowl seats for about 30 bucks.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i like the boots
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots
    :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots

I took that to mean he likes the boots from the show at the Palace, but I can't be sure.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots

I took that to mean he likes the boots from the show at the Palace, but I can't be sure.

that's what i was thinking, but with chad, you can never be sure. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cheli.jpg?t=1298060787

I got a chance to meet Chris Chelios at a free signing last summer. We asked him what his favorite PJ song was, and after thinking about it for a minute, he said it was probably Long Road.

If I get a chance to meet Brad Stuart sometime, I'll have to ask him that same question.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots

A little less cryptic

http://www.redwingshoes.com/
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots

A little less cryptic

Haha, I forgot about the shoe company. That would make sense too.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Hawkshore wrote:
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i like the boots

A little less cryptic

great quality work boots
    so comfortable... similar to a cloud wrapped around one's feet
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • It would be awesome if the Red Wings shoe company could sponsor the Red Wings hockey team's new arena when the time comes, so it can be called simply "Red Wings Arena." Everyone wins.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Johan Franzen is an animal and I think that watching Pavel Datsuyk playing hopscotch would be more exciting than watching the NBA playoffs. Just wanted to put that out there.
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Franzen is a beast. 21 stitches! Today's game was pretty awesome.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Franzie.jpg?t=1303006518
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    2nd last game in Pheonix Coyote history tonight !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    2nd last game in Pheonix Coyote history tonight !!!

Are they moving?
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    gotta make it 3-0 tonight. don't need to travel west for a game 5