The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    fanch75 wrote:
    Set YIELD free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

:)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this album is a snoooooze!
  • svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    Great album! Save You, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, You Are, Get Right, 1/2 Full, All or None, all amazing :) It grows on you this album, really does.

I love every PJ album in its own way.. the only two I still need to get are Vitalogy and Binaural.
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • I absolutely love "You Are". It's such an incredible song, especially live where it blows doors off. Love Stone's guitar on this one!
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Riot Act is in the hizzie for shizzie
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Help Help, Ghost, Save You, All or None, I Am Mine, BU$HLEAGUER, ARC, Cropduster..heck, i'm gonna go and listen to it right now.. <3<3<3...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• I like most of Riot Act, I Am Mine & All Or None are stellar. I've seen some reviews that describe the album as having a "Folk Rock" sound that I just dont see (or hear I guess.)
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    As the years go by.....Riot Act becomes more and more of a PJ classic.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    svanzon wrote:
    Great album! Save You, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, You Are, Get Right, 1/2 Full, All or None, all amazing :) It grows on you this album, really does.

I love every PJ album in its own way.. the only two I still need to get are Vitalogy and Binaural.

You need Binaural, if only for Greivance.
  • I like most of Riot Act, I Am Mine & All Or None are stellar. I've seen some reviews that describe the album as having a "Folk Rock" sound that I just dont see (or hear I guess.)

I'd agree with that, but would apply that description to Binaural aswell. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Haven't posted here for a while. Just wanted to say this album is awesome.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    yosi wrote:
    Haven't posted here for a while. Just wanted to say this album is awesome.

I haven't posted here in a while either. I seem to be listening to Riot Act a lot lately and really admiring Eddie's vocals. That kind of depth and subtlety are why most of us fans. Otherwise, wouldn't we be more interested in the Eddie imitators?
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,833
    As much as I love their new one, this album certainly is more unique than it. You Are is fucking epic. Hearin I Am Mine on the radio in October of 2002 was also what got me into the band too, so defintiely much love for this album!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    As much as I love their new one, this album certainly is more unique than it. You Are is fucking epic. Hearin I Am Mine on the radio in October of 2002 was also what got me into the band too, so defintiely much love for this album!

YOU ARE and I AM MINE are two of my favorite Pearl Jam tunes. Unique is a good word. I guess that one of the fun things about Pearl Jam is that you never know quite what you're going to get when they release a new album.
    Bump for RockKing.
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    yosi wrote:
    Bump for RockKing.

Oh my gosh, it's my old home away from home.

Unfortunately, I have to shut down my computer now (switching jobs today), but Monday I'll try to tell you why I actually like Green Disease.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    RockKing wrote:
    Oh my gosh, it's my old home away from home.

Unfortunately, I have to shut down my computer now (switching jobs today), but Monday I'll try to tell you why I actually like Green Disease.

Sweet. I look forward to it. And welcome back.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Did I get there first? If I didn't, feel free to delete this mods. Ahem...

As someone who thought this album was 'meh' the first few times I listened to it, then left it for a couple of years, then got back to it THISMORNING and can't stop bugging out to it, I feel I'm qualified to begin this thread.

So here beginneth the official 'I f***in' feel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread. Fire away...
    very underarted they havent done a bad album
    danny d
  • BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    this thread is still around? sigh. I like i am mine though. i will admit that if RK admits GD
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    BlkFlg wrote:
    this thread is still around? sigh. I like i am mine though. i will admit that if RK admits GD

If you're admitting things, I'll admit I like you are. Just because it's different.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    If you're admitting things, I'll admit I like you are. Just because it's different.

What a bunch of whack jobs you guys are :D. Nice to see you guys back too.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    yosi wrote:
    What a bunch of whack jobs you guys are :D. Nice to see you guys back too.

You missed us, admit it.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    mmmmm.....riot act :p
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    You missed us, admit it.

Nothing to admit, I certainly missed you guys. I think the Yield thread is great, and the board was so much less lively without you guys. It was just some wierdos and a bunch of newbies... :p

RockKing, I believe you were going to spill your guts on Green Disease.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    The best damn LBC I ever got to see was in Nashville '03...at the end...Ed just stopped singing and the crowd took over..."All you need...is love".

I think he was surprised at how the crowd just took over.

Look it up...it's a great listen.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    The best damn LBC I ever got to see was in Nashville '03...at the end...Ed just stopped singing and the crowd took over..."All you need...is love".

I think he was surprised at how the crowd just took over.

Look it up...it's a great listen.

PBM

Even though some of the lyrics are cheesy, and it has possibly the worst title ever, that song is a seriously great song, and rocker. I'll definitely look up that one. I need to hear more live versions.
    Been listening to RA last night and this morning. There are some seriously great songs on there. People need to pay more attention. Help Help is so fucking good. And 1/2 Full, and Can't Keep, and All or None.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yosi wrote:
    Been listening to RA last night and this morning. There are some seriously great songs on there. People need to pay more attention. Help Help is so fucking good. And 1/2 Full, and Can't Keep, and All or None.

yosi, me and you understand each other mate. help help is super dooper. true that, true that. i've been listening to binaural non stop yesterday and today - i'm convinced it's made of solid gold.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    yosi wrote:
    RockKing, I believe you were going to spill your guts on Green Disease.

Oh yeah....I forgot all about that. Sorry yosi.

For me, Green Disease is so deliciously retro-punk sounding, that I just eat it up. That intro, when Jeff's bass hits, and then the way it just builds up to the crashing start of the verse....I think it's cool as hell and makes it one of PJ's more unique songs. Matt's simple-yet-effective drumming just drives this song the way any good punk drummer does. Jeff's bass just sounds like he pulled it out of an 80s music video.

And lyrically, I think it's excellent here as well. I appreciate what Ed's trying to say here and the way he goes about it. It has vivid imagery and a focused point. I just think it's a solid song and is probably definitely my favorite song on Riot Act.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    RockKing wrote:
    Oh yeah....I forgot all about that. Sorry yosi.

For me, Green Disease is so deliciously retro-punk sounding, that I just eat it up. That intro, when Jeff's bass hits, and then the way it just builds up to the crashing start of the verse....I think it's cool as hell and makes it one of PJ's more unique songs. Matt's simple-yet-effective drumming just drives this song the way any good punk drummer does. Jeff's bass just sounds like he pulled it out of an 80s music video.

And lyrically, I think it's excellent here as well. I appreciate what Ed's trying to say here and the way he goes about it. It has vivid imagery and a focused point. I just think it's a solid song and is probably definitely my favorite song on Riot Act.

we've got a winner ^^^

so you do your name justice i see
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick