A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    There is a twitter account called @theredweddingtears

It has been solid gold today retweeting all the crazy reactions on twitter :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    intodeep wrote:
    There is a twitter account called @theredweddingtears

It has been solid gold today retweeting all the crazy reactions on twitter :D
    Gold Jerry ... Gold
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    oh man, just watched the episode, and reminded of how disturbed I was reading that part last summer. Definitely one of the most intense bits of any story I have ever read, I recall posting in the spoiler thread my reaction, I should go revisit that posting since I see it's on the first page.

I put that book down for a couple of days and couldn't sleep well that night. I might toss and turn tonight.

I thought it was so appropriate to not have any music on the credits this time, I wonder how many people started at the full credits like I did processing what they just witnessed :D

PS - I felt the full brunt of those people who were pissed and complained and said what's the point of watching with all the good people killed with a co-worker at work today, sigh

nope, just a couple of hours not days, nice revisionism there, still disturbing
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Go back to Sunday night. I am starting a new job Monday morning and nervous as hell. I already know I will have a hard time sleeping. I am excited that GOT is back on after a week off and have been excitedly looking forward to it with a smile I start the episode. Son of a fucking bitch. I never had my guts ripped out from a TV show or movie like that in my life. I honestly felt sick to my stomach. Obviously didnt help with the nerves. So then I watch the rerun on HBOW for some stupid fucking reason. Yeah, that didnt help either. Got like 4 hours sleep. Drank coffee all GD day to stay awake today. :lol:

I think the thing that made it so gut wrenching was the sudden attack on Talisas pregnant belly. It came out of nowhere and was just so shocking and vile. Then the arrows and Cats AMAZING acting. Every parent felt her desperation and fear, I know I did. It was weird. I honestly went through all of the stages of loss. Now I just want revenge.

I will always remember Talisa and her perfect rear end. That is the image I will carry with me. RIP. :cry:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Also want to thank the book readers for not even hinting at the Red Wedding. I am VERY sensitive to spoilers of any kind. I dont even watch commercials of movies I know I will watch. Dont watch previews to next weeks episodes either(drives the wife nuts). So thank you for not spoiling anything. Also pisses me off when I am watching a movie or show and someone says, watch this. Basically I watch shit alone. :lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mca47 wrote:
    The stunning scene had a strong impact on Richard Madden, the man behind the now deceased King in the North, Robb Stark. "I cried the whole way" home, the actor told AccessHollywood.com of his reaction after finishing shooting his death scene...

of course he cried all the way home... he doesn't have a job anymore. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Also want to thank the book readers for not even hinting at the Red Wedding. I am VERY sensitive to spoilers of any kind. I dont even watch commercials of movies I know I will watch. Dont watch previews to next weeks episodes either(drives the wife nuts). So thank you for not spoiling anything. Also pisses me off when I am watching a movie or show and someone says, watch this. Basically I watch shit alone. :lol:

its too big a moment... we couldn't do that to you.

oh my favourite is when someone(usually my dad) tells me theres a twist. DONT TELL ME THAT!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

its too big a moment... we couldn't do that to you.

oh my favourite is when someone(usually my dad) tells me theres a twist. DONT TELL ME THAT!

Right!? Like when the 6th Sense was out and everyone was like, Oh the ending so shocking. I figured it out 30 minutes into the movie because of that.
    So what is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I just started a new job today and a lot of the guys I work with watch the show but many have not seen last nights episode yet, no problem. I said nothing. One guy tells me that he hasnt watched the SERIES yet. He said he has both season on DVD. Do I really have to wait until he decides to go through three seasons to talk about anything? I guess I will see what others in the office do.
    So what is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I just started a new job today and a lot of the guys I work with watch the show but many have not seen last nights episode yet, no problem. I said nothing. One guy tells me that he hasnt watched the SERIES yet. He said he has both season on DVD. Do I really have to wait until he decides to go through three seasons to talk about anything? I guess I will see what others in the office do.

id only speak with peeps whove seen what ive seen. its more difficult when you have a friend who is watching the HBO series and tho theyre reading the books, is a slow reader(well slow compared to me). you know whats coming and you have to bite your tongue.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

id only speak with peeps whove seen what ive seen. its more difficult when you have a friend who is watching the HBO series and tho theyre reading the books, is a slow reader(well slow compared to me). you know whats coming and you have to bite your tongue.

I agree but it is an IT support center and everyone is one big room with no dividers. I wont say anything because I know how pissed I would be. I am guessing others who are more familiar with him wont bite their tongue. We will see. Just sucks because I want to talk about it so bad. :fp: Its part of the grieving process.

I cant image how devastating that must have been while reading the book. So much more invested into characters in a book. I probably would have put holes in my walls. :lol:

I agree but it is an IT support center and everyone is one big room with no dividers. I wont say anything because I know how pissed I would be. I am guessing others who are more familiar with him wont bite their tongue. We will see. Just sucks because I want to talk about it so bad. :fp: Its part of the grieving process.

I cant image how devastating that must have been while reading the book. So much more invested into characters in a book. I probably would have put holes in my walls. :lol:

im sorry I cant offer you much condolence cause I was never a fan of robb, so im not sad hes dead. no holes in my walls.. tho it was a WTF!? moment. id be inconsolable if it were jon snow of course. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    :shock: :(

Goddam who's left to kill that's likeable? It seems this season has been about turning bastards into nice guys and killing off all of the good ones. I agree with the Arya comments, I look forward to her going medieval on some Lannisters and these fuckers that turned on Robb and his momma. Shit man, that was probably the most shocking few minutes of television I have seen. How tragic.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

someone asked me if ned stark becomes the hand of the king (or whatever it was) the other day. I kinda wish I could've seen the look on my face.

I look forward to an update on brianne and lefty next week. and Gendry. I hope he's okay after that thing with the leeches.

I think Arya needs to track down that assassin dude from last season who referred to himself in the 3rd person and learn his murdering skills.

Also, the single most tragic part of that episode was the wolf getting shot by a bunch of arrows while he was locked in that cage. I am sick of this show killing the damn wolves. Pregnant women, innocent bystanders, entire families, okay no problem. But lay off the muthafuckin' cuddly animals!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    duska3419 wrote:
    Also, the single most tragic part of that episode was the wolf getting shot by a bunch of arrows while he was locked in that cage. I am sick of this show killing the damn wolves. Pregnant women, innocent bystanders, entire families, okay no problem. But lay off the muthafuckin' cuddly animals!

Dire-wolves arent cuddly though, and if the Freys will shoot humans locked up and unarmed why would they give a Dire-wolf a fighting chance?
    I wish they would have shown the direwolf going crazy on people as happened in the book, but that would have cost money and the effect of arya watching that happen was pretty powerful.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    gabers wrote:

Goddam who's left to kill that's likeable?

Dany and Jorah. They are definitely running low on good people. The Hound is coming around :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Watched with my wife last night -- I have read and re-read the books but she had no idea what was coming.
    Classic to see it though someone else's eyes.
    As pissed off as she is as a viewer there is no way to compare that to how you feel after thousands of pages and investment into these characters.
    Good is bad, bad is good....strong is weak, weak is strong. You just dont know what is going to happen.
    Damn, GRRM is awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    JK_Livin wrote:
    gabers wrote:

Dany and Jorah. They are definitely running low on good people. The Hound is coming around :lol:

Dany is hot. I'm not sure I would call her likeable though. At this point, I'd say the Hound is more likeable! Fucking Game of Thrones.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774

He forgot he wrote it :lol:

and

He didnt see it coming even though they spent a long time at the wedding before the carnage :lol:
  • I don't know all those people are so bent out of shape about....no one good left to root for? there are no good guys in this show! except maybe Jon Snow. he's the only one I haven't seen any malice from so far (excluding the kids).

I watched it again last night. The actress who plays Lady Stark deserves an award for that performance. I see her career exploding after this.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    gabers wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    gabers wrote:

Dany is hot. I'm not sure I would call her likeable though. At this point, I'd say the Hound is more likeable! Fucking Game of Thrones.

I think we can feel for her a little. Her brother beat her all her life and then sold her to some animal. Plus she has a nice hiney.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I just watched some youtube reactions. Holy shit that stuff is priceless. The girl with the dog is the best one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I just watched some youtube reactions. Holy shit that stuff is priceless. The girl with the dog is the best one.

Funny as shit. I would have loved to seen my reaction taped. My jaw didn't shut for 20 minutes and not having music for the credits was genius.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I just watched some youtube reactions. Holy shit that stuff is priceless. The girl with the dog is the best one.
    That's awesome! :lol:
    no way to compare that to how you feel after thousands of pages and investment into these characters.
    http://cdn1.vnetrix.com/A.Storm.of.Swords-Catelyn.pdf

They put the chapter up on facebook today and i re read it. Those last few pages... Catelyn's thoughts as she watches her son die. The details of he fight.... and the little note about how she worries about her hair and hopes they don't ruin it because ned always loved her hair....

It is a nice read if you haven't read it and won't spoil anything in the future, but it was harder for me to re read it then it was to watch it. All the emotion you get from being inside Cat's head is just crazy
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    mca47 wrote:
    That's awesome! :lol:
    Those are classic i love it!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    edited June 2013
    intodeep wrote:
    no way to compare that to how you feel after thousands of pages and investment into these characters.
    http://cdn1.vnetrix.com/A.Storm.of.Swords-Catelyn.pdf

They put the chapter up on facebook today and i re read it. Those last few pages... Catelyn's thoughts as she watches her son die. The details of he fight.... and the little note about how she worries about her hair and hopes they don't ruin it because ned always loved her hair....

It is a nice read if you haven't read it and won't spoil anything in the future, but it was harder for me to re read it then it was to watch it. All the emotion you get from being inside Cat's head is just crazy

sHOOT, I'm like 150 pages away from it. I wish there was a way to read while on the treadmill

The pic at the end of the chapter shows 6 books. Aren't there only 5?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

Those are great. I've read the books, my husband hasn't so watching him watch the other night was amazing. Of course those of us who read the books were surprised by Robb's wife's death. But I love Cat so much, that was hard to watch. And of course the direwolf...

Can't wait for next week.