A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'm starting to think that Edmure was in on it so that he could get the only good looking Frey daughter :lol:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/06/insid ... castamere/
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JK_Livin wrote:
    [
    The pic at the end of the chapter shows 6 books. Aren't there only 5?

The British publication's split Storm of Swords into two books because of its size. that is why it says 6.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • From Season 1 and while it isn't so great to be the two featured Lannisters these days it is better than being a Stark right about now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Znn2_jDIc
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm starting to think that Edmure was in on it so that he could get the only good looking Frey daughter :lol:

Not sure if they're in on it, but it all seems fishy that he got the looker and Brynden got up to piss just before shit got crazy.
    DewieCox wrote:
    but it all seems fishy .
    :lol: Tully's always seem a little fishy :) with their house sigil being a fish and all :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    intodeep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    but it all seems fishy .
    :lol: Tully's always seem a little fishy :) with their house sigil being a fish and all :D

Almost pointed it out, but thought I'd let others make the connection. :lol:
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    The no likeable characters left is not being fair to the show. More good guys have been killed than the ones people hate fair enough, but Jon Snow is still going strong as is Arya, Davos should be in that group, Stannis is awesome if he gets away from Melisandra, Dany and Grey Worm. Queen of Thorns and Tyrion are cool.

They can't really kill all the douches cause there arent that many. Cersei, Joffrey, Tywin, Littlefinger, and the Mountain that Rides. Plus Bolton and Walder Frey. Now we just need to see some of them die. We have the more neutral characters too that lean towards good, mostly.

Everyone wanted to see Theon get his, and now that he is people seem upset by it.

I have a feeling people will like the Martells next season, so there will be the Red Viper to root for.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    duska3419 wrote:
    Also, the single most tragic part of that episode was the wolf getting shot by a bunch of arrows while he was locked in that cage. I am sick of this show killing the damn wolves. Pregnant women, innocent bystanders, entire families, okay no problem. But lay off the muthafuckin' cuddly animals!

Dire-wolves arent cuddly though, and if the Freys will shoot humans locked up and unarmed why would they give a Dire-wolf a fighting chance?

are too! :cry:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    intodeep wrote:
    There is a twitter account called @theredweddingtears

It has been solid gold today retweeting all the crazy reactions on twitter :D

My personal favorite - "The writers of Game of Thrones can eat a bag of dicks for ruining my life". :D

And all of these dopes that keep referring to Robb as Ron or Rod. :fp:

Anyway, I was being a bit dramatic saying they killed off all of the good characters, but damn Martin just kills off the good ones with reckless abandon. No one is off limits. So now since everyone loves Arya and hopes that she is going to become a big badass and go on a Lannister killing spree, she'll probably get offed too. I like the idea of Bran controlling, or better yet, riding a dragon into town to obliterate the enemies of the Starks. It will be a twisted take on the Neverending Story. :)
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    duska3419 wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    Also, the single most tragic part of that episode was the wolf getting shot by a bunch of arrows while he was locked in that cage. I am sick of this show killing the damn wolves. Pregnant women, innocent bystanders, entire families, okay no problem. But lay off the muthafuckin' cuddly animals!

Dire-wolves arent cuddly though, and if the Freys will shoot humans locked up and unarmed why would they give a Dire-wolf a fighting chance?

Do you think the wolf was going crazy because it knew Rob was in trouble or because it could smell Arya. I thought it was because of Arya.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    gabers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    There is a twitter account called @theredweddingtears

It has been solid gold today retweeting all the crazy reactions on twitter :D

My personal favorite - "The writers of Game of Thrones can eat a bag of dicks for ruining my life". :D

And all of these dopes that keep referring to Robb as Ron or Rod. :fp:

Anyway, I was being a bit dramatic saying they killed off all of the good characters, but damn Martin just kills off the good ones with reckless abandon. No one is off limits. So now since everyone loves Arya and hopes that she is going to become a big badass and go on a Lannister killing spree, she'll probably get offed too. I like the idea of Bran controlling, or better yet, riding a dragon into town to obliterate the enemies of the Starks. It will be a twisted take on the Neverending Story. :)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR :D
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    might be in the minority, but I love to hate the bad guys. Thats why I enjoy the show so much. Just like Ralphie on the Sopranos, Marlo on the Wire, Jack McCall/Racist Steve on Deadwood, Gyp Rosetti on Boardwalk Empire, Newman on Seinfeld, etc. They make the story that much more interesting.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    gabers wrote:
    :shock: :(

Goddam who's left to kill that's likeable? It seems this season has been about turning bastards into nice guys and killing off all of the good ones. I agree with the Arya comments, I look forward to her going medieval on some Lannisters and these fuckers that turned on Robb and his momma. Shit man, that was probably the most shocking few minutes of television I have seen. How tragic.

riverrun is now aligned with the crossing through edmures marriage to roslin... so at least someone at the wedding knew how the game is played... shame robb didn.

as for arya going medieval on someone... shes a child. but she has friends. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    JK_Livin wrote:

no way. but roslin knew. and as catelyn thought.. it was a most joyless wedding... for good reason as it turned out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• Do you think the wolf was going crazy because it knew Rob was in trouble or because it could smell Arya. I thought it was because of Arya.

I think it was because it knew Rob was in trouble. I doubt it smelled Arya....unless she had just started her "bleeding". :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    duska3419 wrote:

Do you think the wolf was going crazy because it knew Rob was in trouble or because it could smell Arya. I thought it was because of Arya.

greywind knew there was something bad in the air at the crossing. I doubt he sense arya... tho had nymeria still been by her side, greywind mos def would've sensde that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

I think it was because it knew Rob was in trouble. I doubt it smelled Arya....unless she had just started her "bleeding". :lol:

uncalled for.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    JK_Livin wrote:

no way. but roslin knew. and as catelyn thought.. it was a most joyless wedding... for good reason as it turned out.

Who is roslin?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Who is roslin?

Walter Freys daughter that married Edmure
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Who is roslin?

It's hard to keep track of all the names of the minor characters on the show. Sometimes they are only stated once or it seems like not at all. I usually have to go to several game of thrones wiki sites to keep everyone straight. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City

Who is roslin?[/quote]

Walter Freys daughter that married Edmure[/quote]

Thanks. I don't recall hearing her name. How do you know she knew? Maybe I shouldn't be asking that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JK_Livin wrote:

Who is roslin?

Walter Freys daughter that married Edmure[/quote]

Thanks. I don't recall hearing her name. How do you know she knew? Maybe I shouldn't be asking that.[/quote]

Hope this isn't a spoiler, but wasn't she crying/sad in the book throughout the wedding? Haven't read it, but I think I read something like that in a forum. :) Don't think it's really that major of a plot point so hopefully no one gets upset that I posted it, especially since we're past that moment in the show.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Better Dan wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Who is roslin?

Walter Freys daughter that married Edmure

Thanks. I don't recall hearing her name. How do you know she knew? Maybe I shouldn't be asking that.[/quote]

Hope this isn't a spoiler, but wasn't she crying/sad in the book throughout the wedding? Haven't read it, but I think I read something like that in a forum. :) Don't think it's really that major of a plot point so hopefully no one gets upset that I posted it, especially since we're past that moment in the show.[/quote]

I don't think it is a spoiler now that it has happened. I would think people assumed all of house Frey was in on it. My guess is more of what transpired behind the wedding will be explained in the season finale to answer non book readers questions.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    duska3419 wrote:
    i read these almost every week they are alwasy great! i had not seen this weeks yet though and it was awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    i read these almost every week they are alwasy great! i had not seen this weeks yet though and it was awesome

just found this on facebook now i'm reading all the old ones lol I'm dying laughing

• Do you think the wolf was going crazy because it knew Rob was in trouble or because it could smell Arya. I thought it was because of Arya.

uncalled for.

I got it from the show! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

uncalled for.

I got it from the show! :lol:

still uncalled for... by whoever said it.. and im guessing its a man. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

uncalled for.
    ridiculous reaction....Like Hugh mentioned, they talked about it on the show!.....you're taking these made up, fantasy stories WAYYYY to seriously
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:

uncalled for.
    ridiculous reaction....Like Hugh mentioned, they talked about it on the show!.....you're taking these made up, fantasy stories WAYYYY to seriously

no its not a ridiculous reaction... im just tired of 'joking' comments about 'women being on the rag'. that's all. its like drunken idiots saying "whats the matter you a lesbian?' or being called a dyke when you decline their oh so polite offer of hooking up. I do however understand the context in which it was said.. doesn't mean I have to llke it tho. boorish men are a bore.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say