A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    shep wrote:
    but based on what you just posted, I would assume that yes, Bran in theory is still heir to winterfell after Rob and before Rickon, then followed by Sansa and Arya...

That is my understanding of it as well. All of westeros (outside of dorne) follow the male line eldest to youngest and then over to female eldest to youngest.

I like Rob quite a bit though. Even though i do like him a lot it would be interesting if Bran somehow ended up the lord of winterfell.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I thought they made it clear that Bran was next in line when Robb left and said "While I'm away, you're Lord of Winterfell." to Bran.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Hasn't Winterfell burned to the ground? What exactly would they be lords of?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    JK_Livin wrote:

The Rings... of fire

The Dance?
    Michael+Flatleys+Lord+of+the+Dance+flatley28706_narrowweb__300x39.jpg
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    There's no place for a pic like that in this thread. :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JK_Livin wrote:

they can rebuild it. tho how about this possibility... bran on the iron throne with jon snow as his hand. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    duska3419 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    in the books Daario has a gold tooth and a three pronged goatee dyed blue. He also dyed his hair blue. the mustache portion of his face is dyed gold.

Damn that sounds like an interesting looking character. Also doesn't sound expensive to do so I wonder why they changed it.

One, maybe it didn't quite work on screen as well as it did in the books - or two, maybe they just thought it would be too outlandish for some viewers.

AND IS ANYONE ELSE AS PISSED AS ME THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF NOW?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    Yeah, i am angry about not having any episode on sunday.

Daario doesnt concern me. I was more interested in the woman on his lap
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    in the books Daario has a gold tooth and a three pronged goatee dyed blue. He also dyed his hair blue. the mustache portion of his face is dyed gold.

Damn that sounds like an interesting looking character. Also doesn't sound expensive to do so I wonder why they changed it.

One, maybe it didn't quite work on screen as well as it did in the books - or two, maybe they just thought it would be too outlandish for some viewers.

AND IS ANYONE ELSE AS PISSED AS ME THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF NOW?!

YES. You cant tell me they couldnt make another episode and air it, especially with half the people DVRing it anyway. Memorial Day Weekend is highly overrated around here. It always rains... always. The weather that is not the sentiment.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

disappointed more than pissed. especially since another show i watch is doing this though i can't remember which one. maybe defiance.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Eh the past two seasons they have made a point of making ep 9 their big episode. Maybe that is the plan again and since the past two seasons rateings were significantly down because it was memorial day weekend they decided to try to avoid that to create more buzz and fuel rateings more for not only ep 9 but moving into the final too.

I assume that is the reason. As much as i would like it if they think it helps the show in the long run its all good.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    It's upsetting that there's no new episode this weekend, however it furthers my plan on catching up in the books quite well. My goal was to finish ASoS before the season finale; right now I'm nearly done with ACoK, so this works out well for me. Hell, I may even be able to start the ensuing installment before the season's end.
    It's upsetting that there's no new episode this weekend, however it furthers my plan on catching up in the books quite well. My goal was to finish ASoS before the season finale; right now I'm nearly done with ACoK, so this works out well for me. Hell, I may even be able to start the ensuing installment before the season's end.

Same here. I love the fact there is no episode this week. ::Ducks:: I can grill and read and drink and read and mix in a 11U baseball tournament and read. I'm on page 300 of book 3. Jaime just had his accident and my Kahleesi is finally in Astapor. It was weird reading that the translator is only 10yrs old in the book.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Same here. I love the fact there is no episode this week. ::Ducks:: I can grill and read and drink and read and mix in a 11U baseball tournament and read. I'm on page 300 of book 3. Jaime just had his accident and my Kahleesi is finally in Astapor. It was weird reading that the translator is only 10yrs old in the book.
    You're only 420 pages ahead of me. Although I know what's coming, I still find myself wondering what's going to happen next. Time for me to read more about the Battle of Blackwater Bay.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    You're only 420 pages ahead of me. Although I know what's coming, I still find myself wondering what's going to happen next. Time for me to read more about the Battle of Blackwater Bay.

It's kind of cool reshaping the puzzle that the show has already put together by reading the books but I can't wait to get ahead.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    It's kind of cool reshaping the puzzle that the show has already put together by reading the books but I can't wait to get ahead.
    Yeah, there are so many more layers to the books that it makes reading it an entirely different experience than watching. There are plots being hatched, executed and schemed of which I'd not know if it weren't for the novels.
    :lol:

That was good. The thing about the hour .... i feel that way every week. No way its already been an hour!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    When is the last time we saw a Direwolf?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    intodeep wrote:
    :lol:

That was good. The thing about the hour .... i feel that way every week. No way its already been an hour!

Yep, and I am going to start saying Hodor all the time time.

Hodor
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    no Jon and Yigritte, Catelyn and Rob, Bran, Jaime and Brienne and Theon.
    it's better when they focus only on a few storylines and don't show just a bit of everything. this episode was very good.
    can't wait for the last two.
    edited May 2013
    Yarden wrote:
    it's better when they focus only on a few storylines and don't show just a bit of everything. this episode was very good.
    I think that is going to be a difficult task for the producers to manage. Especially in Season 5. The cast will only continue to grow.

you are right though it is better when they focus in on just a few folks
    Post edited by intodeep on
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:
    Yarden wrote:
    I think that is going to be a difficult task for the producers to manager. Especially in Season 5. The cast will only continue to grow.

It would be work if HBO would make the seasons 11, 12, or 13 episodes instead of 10. Just wait until everyone from Dorne gets introduced next season.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    intodeep wrote:
    Yarden wrote:
    I think that is going to be a difficult task for the producers to manager. Especially in Season 5. The cast will only continue to grow.

It would be work if HBO would make the seasons 11, 12, or 13 episodes instead of 10. Just wait until everyone from Dorne gets introduced next season.

even when you look at just the stark family, it is impossible to keep things simple. jon is at the wall, robb is fighting his fight, arya is travelling, bran and rickon are 'lost' and sansa is at the mercy of the lannisters. and as they all travel on their ways they encounter more people and find themselves in more situations that more often than have a bearing on the future of westeros.. and we don't know what that is... and that is just one family... so who knows what will happen with multiple families involved.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    No GOT tonight :cry:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    duska3419 wrote:

Do they ever show it on Monday nights?
    duska3419 wrote:

Do they ever show it on Monday nights?

it was still sunday night for me at that point.
    I am super excited about Sunday Night!
    3 DAYS
    :corn: :corn: :corn:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    3 DAYS

I reading as much as I can to catch up. I just passed Astapor and Jaime's hand. A youth baseball tournament, along with drinking, really cut into my reading time.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    3 DAYS

I reading as much as I can to catch up. I just passed Astapor and Jaime's hand. A youth baseball tournament, along with drinking, really cut into my reading time.
    You can do it!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22