A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    intodeep wrote:
    I just read an interesting theory along the same lines about Bran controlling the dragons.... What if Bran can control the white walkers.....!?
    We'll see what he can grow into. Right now he has only done it to hodor who has a very simple mind. I'd like to see him actually take over a regular human mind before i start to seriously consider the dragon/white walker thing.

It makes for an intersting part of the story. I'm sure they will expore the moral ambiguity of taking over someone else.

but can he control multiple beings at one time? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    This is one of the best shows of all time.

Cat was one of my favorite characters, especially because of Michelle Fairley, who plays her. i really hope she gets a supporting actress nomination and wins.

am i missing something with all the red viper excitment? i read book 3 and he didn't make that much of an impression on me but maybe i just need to re-read it..
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Question:
    Did Jon Snow leave Ygritte in the books the same way as was portayed on TV?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    94010a1f-28ca-4efa-b4c3-a3cc6358cd19_zpsd5ba3e72.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 94010a1f-28ca-4efa-b4c3-a3cc6358cd19_zpsd5ba3e72.jpg

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    And another...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLzVCP-CYAAdCg3.jpg

Tonight FOLKS!!!!!!
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    And another...

Tonight FOLKS!!!!!!

so, tonites the season finale, correct?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    pjradio wrote:
    And another...

Tonight FOLKS!!!!!!

Yep. And I haven't checked - is it an hour or two hours? That's a lot of stuff that's gotta happen...
    Enkidu wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    And another...

Tonight FOLKS!!!!!!

Yep. And I haven't checked - is it an hour or two hours? That's a lot of stuff that's gotta happen...
    1:10 according to my cable menu.
  • FINALLY got the 1st and 2nd seasons of Game of Thrones so I can see how they stack up against the books. I'm sure I'll be happy :D
    How many days 'til Season 4?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Its over. Booooohoooooooo
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Its over. Booooohoooooooo

Hodor :cry:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Hodoooooooor. I was dying when he yelled down the well. I watched it three times. :lol:

Never fuck with a redhead. Ask John Snow.
    Bring on True Blood.
  • it was obvious that last week's was going to be the climax of the season. how could it not be. this was nothing more than a bridge to next season.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    it was obvious that last week's was going to be the climax of the season. how could it not be. this was nothing more than a bridge to next season.

Yep.
    it was obvious that last week's was going to be the climax of the season. how could it not be. this was nothing more than a bridge to next season.

Yep.

Agree. Kind of a disappointment. Lots of things I thought would happen didn't. Boo. Stannis still bores me to death.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    pjradio wrote:
    Question:
    Did Jon Snow leave Ygritte in the books the same way as was portayed on TV?
    Pretty much. The scene from episode 10 did not happen. She shot him as he left on the horse but did not catch up with him and have that conversation (unless i'm misremembereing)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i did not care for bran's story when i read the books until much later, but i find his story in the tv show very compelling. I look forward to it every week.

I liked last nights episode The conversation between tyrion, tywin, and the small council chamber was awesome. Loved Joffrey too.

It is exciting to see things north of the wall heating up and them putting an emphasis on the danger that is there. I also laughed like crazy when hodor "hodored" down the well

There were some big things i thought we were going to get this season that they pushed to next. Next season might be pretty awesome they have a lot of big moments that should come early next season.

I guess it is kind of hard to wrap it up since they are in the middle of a book. I thought the end scene with Dany was cool but not as epic as the end of season 2 with the white walkers.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Enkidu wrote:

Yep.

Agree. Kind of a disappointment. Lots of things I thought would happen didn't. Boo. Stannis still bores me to death.

It would have been a mistake for them to try and match the red wedding. There is still so much more to come in season 4. I thought it set up next year very well with the direction the pieces are moving on the board.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I thought the opening scene with the council was tremendous from start to finish. Not as shocking as the RW but just as good.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • intodeep wrote:

There were some big things i thought we were going to get this season that they pushed to next. Next season might be pretty awesome they have a lot of big moments that should come early next season.

I guess it is kind of hard to wrap it up since they are in the middle of a book..

Pretty much this. I was really hoping that this season would deal with a few other things and make it the most mind-numbing season of a show in a long time. As it was it was still fantastic and it leaves much mystery for Season 4 and how they will put book 3 and parts of book 4+5 in there together. Pretty cool not knowing what they will or wont put in, I think it actually added to making this season even cooler.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bring on True Blood.
    TB is on its last legs with me. This season better come out strong or It will be ditched by me after a couple of episodes.
    The last couple of seasons have been pretty mediocre.
    Looking forward to Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down and the new McConaughey/Harrelson show.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Pretty good closer but that end scene with Dany was fucking awful.
    Hodoooooooor. I was dying when he yelled down the well. I watched it three times. :lol:
    hodor.gif
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm about five episodes behind cause I'm trying to finish the book ... but I'm pretty sure I just got to the chapter in the book that set the internet on fire last week ... The Red Wedding.

:shock: :o
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pretty good closer but that end scene with Dany was fucking awful.

My husband - once again, he hasn't read the books - he said he thought the Dany stuff wasn't as good this season and he wasn't sure what was going on with her half the time. And he really really loves her.

Hodor is so great. You have to shout his name along with him.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Enkidu wrote:
    My husband - once again, he hasn't read the books - he said he thought the Dany stuff wasn't as good this season and he wasn't sure what was going on with her half the time. And he really really loves her.

Hodor is so great. You have to shout his name along with him.

I'm just about finished with the first book. I love the Dany stuff during the first season up through Qarth. Since then I dunno if it's been too easy for her or just kinda the same thing over and over that's bugging me. The bath scene and the fucking up the slave trader are the only memorable scenes for me lately.

Every time Hodor pops up I start Hodoring. I only wish I had a kickass well.