A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I want to enter the "A Song of Fire and Ice" thread so bad but I'm obviously not there yet. It's a let down when I get to a Samwell chapter.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I want to enter the "A Song of Fire and Ice" thread so bad but I'm obviously not there yet. It's a let down when I get to a Samwell chapter.
    Ah Sam. He was not one of my favs but i enjoyed him and he is actually more likeable in the show i think.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Did anyone notice that the Wildling that cut Jon and Ygrite loose on the wall is the pirate that kept losing his eye from Pirates of the Caribbean?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Did anyone notice that the Wildling that cut Jon and Ygrite loose on the wall is the pirate that kept losing his eye from Pirates of the Caribbean?

I thought he looked familiar. Good eye! :P
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    JK_Livin wrote:

I thought he looked familiar. Good eye! :P

I see what you did there ;)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm more than halfway through A Storm of Swords now, and am finally reading things that haven't yet taken place on the show. I plan on finishing it before the weekend is through.
    I just finished the bear pit part, and it was much more badass than on the show. I think that I should rest my mind before the ensuing Catelyn chapter.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm more than halfway through A Storm of Swords now, and am finally reading things that haven't yet taken place on the show. I plan on finishing it before the weekend is through.

Good for you. I wish I had the time to do that. My reading speed tends to pick up after 15-20 in but that seems to be when I'm always interrupted by life.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin wrote:

I won't be able to look at him as a Wildling anymore, I'll just be waiting for his eye to pop out :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Good for you. I wish I had the time to do that. My reading speed tends to pick up after 15-20 in but that seems to be when I'm always interrupted by life.
    I've just lucked out and had a lot of free time lately. I'm sure the interruptions will hit me soon enough though.
    JK_Livin wrote:

I won't be able to look at him as a Wildling anymore, I'll just be waiting for his eye to pop out :D

Parlay!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I just finished the bear pit part, and it was much more badass than on the show. I think that I should rest my mind before the ensuing Catelyn chapter.
    Catelyn chapter you say.... chapter 51 by chance?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

How would you the number when they are by name?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

How would you the number when they are by name?
    Great point.
    now that i think about it mine was just names too, but i thought that some editions may have been numbered? perhap not?
    I just know the numbers based on websites that have them numbered.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

At the time it was chapter 45. I am on Chapter 50 now, but have to decide whether to read now before going out, or tonight when I get home. Screw it, I'm going to press onwards.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    new episode tonight?....yes please!

curious weed question.
    What is the name of the entire World of Game of Thrones?

I know Westeros, Essos, etc. are the continents. But is there a name for the entire Planet/World?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    :shock: :o :shock:
    And so the Red Wedding happened.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I'm still in disbelief.... Obviously never read the books.

Wow that was messy
    even knowing what was going to happen, it still makes me as angry as when I read it
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    even knowing what was going to happen, it still makes me as angry as when I read it

I was so excited going into the episode, 'alright here comes the Red Wedding.' Then when it all went down i felt sick. Total shock all over again. Just thought they aren't really gonna follow the books that closely, they will change it some for the TV audience.

I want Arya to kill every last Frey, all of them dead.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Shocked is an understatement. I feel sick to my stomach. I knew it was going to get bad when they closed the doors and you can see the look on Cats face like, that is unusual. I am still in shock. I think the anger will set in tomorrow.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Thought the changes they made were perfect.

Well done.

And holy shit all over again.
  • never watched. Taking it's not a comedy. :mrgreen: :corn:
  • jesusmutherfuckingchistholyshitmypantssonofabitch

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    And that was the first time I threw my book at the wall. Haha! Oh Red Wedding!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    whoa....that is all
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Wow. :shock: I knew what was coming, but that was very hard to watch. Everyone did a great job with this scene. Catelyn's scream at the end was really powerful and even had my eyes watering up a little bit. :oops:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Caitlyn's acting was so awesome for this scene. She nailed it. When she grabbed Walder Frey's wife you could just tell she had had enough.

Even know what was coming as soon as the notes to rains of castamere started i got a little knot in my throat.

Walder Frey you evil twisted old man and Roose Bolton you turn cloak SOB!

Arya being so close and Bran and Jon being so close but not meeting :(

I recall reading it I had to put the book down and walk away.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    jesusmutherfuckingchistholyshitmypantssonofabitch

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    This.
    I'm usually pretty good at plot twists, but missed this one completely.

Really thought the Dany scenes were kinda lame, but I get the budget issues...
    GoiMTvP.gif