A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    Also, Winterfell is a shit stronghold / castle.  Even Riverrun has better defenses.  It was taken down with some ropes and ladders by the Greyjoys about 200 miles from any open water.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Jason P said:
    Also, Winterfell is a shit stronghold / castle.  Even Riverrun has better defenses.  It was taken down with some ropes and ladders by the Greyjoys about 200 miles from any open water.
    What the hell is Mcdreamy?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Jason P said:
    A doctor on that shit show Grey's Anatomy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:
    A doctor on that shit show Grey's Anatomy.
    Which has what to do w Game of Thrones?

Sorry I'm not getting the humor or I'm really missing something here.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Jason P said:
    to be fair, I forget how the show explained it:

But they did not foresee a Greyjoy threat.  Robb took most of the fighters down south. Theon and Cleftjaw feigned a seige at Torrhen Square, which drew Rodrik Cassel and the remainder of people who could fight.... as well as travelling over to try to keep the peace between the Hornwoods/Manderlys/Boltons.  There was nobody left other than young, women, and old.  Theon and like 20 dudes swam across the moat, grappled over the wall, and "peacefully" claimed the castle.  If there was anybody to man the castle, then it would have been impossible.

Robb should have never given up the 'hostage' in Theon, not that Balon greyjoy gave a fig about him anyway.  Theon went rogue to take over Winterfell.  Balon and Asha both knew that Winterfell was too far inland and away from their strength (sea and longships), and deep amongst their enemies, many leagues from supply lines.

Then Winterfell fell a second time when that Bozo Theon opened the gates for Reek/Ramsey and Dreadfort soldiers.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    Thought I’d share this... I loved it

https://youtu.be/6i0a7RDPkM8
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    JPPJ84 said:
    Thought I’d share this... I loved it

https://youtu.be/6i0a7RDPkM8
    The House Stark telecaster looks really nice. Expensive as hell though!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Even The Last Watch documentary is boring. Such a letdown.
    I thought the documentary was interesting and mesmerizing.  I think I could have watched it for 12 straight hours.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    edited October 2019
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/10/30/house-of-the-dragon-hbo-confirms-game-of-thrones-prequel.html

HBO confirms that they have ordered a 10 episode run of a prequel series called House of the Dragon. Series will take place 300 years before GOT and follow the history of House Targaryen.
    ^ This is what I was hoping for.  I don't think anyone was too interested in a show focused on tree people.  So no more magic or white walkers, but they did have dragons.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    I read somewhere that they were thinking of doing a sequel focused on Arya. I thought that one would be interesting too. Either way, looking forward to the new show.
    So the show should be focusing on Aegon the Conqueror and the uniting (by force) of the Seven Kingdoms.  I imagine they will just focus on one generation as the books move through time quite swiftly.  So no Dunk and Egg most likely ...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    I read somewhere that they were thinking of doing a sequel focused on Arya. I thought that one would be interesting too. Either way, looking forward to the new show.
    I heard there were 5 or 6 possibilities that got pitched. That was one of the ideas pitched, but wasn't picked up for a pilot.
    I thought that storyline with the beginning of Westeros was a sure thing, didn't see that  one getting canceled. 
    Not all that pumped for a Targaryen series to be honest.  I love ASoIaF, but havent brought myself to pick up Fire and Blood yet.  It just feels like a history book.  While Im sure they will stick a lot of stuff in there... any major events are known for the most part if they are true to the books.  

Would like a series post-ASoIaF, or way in the beginning where known history hasn't had a handle on it (such as the premise of the cancelled series).
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Bummed my Boy Jamie C. Bower won't get his chance with the Series they scrubbed. Oh well.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!