A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 17,766
    Also, Winterfell is a shit stronghold / castle.  Even Riverrun has better defenses.  It was taken down with some ropes and ladders by the Greyjoys about 200 miles from any open water.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,485
    Jason P said:
    Also, Winterfell is a shit stronghold / castle.  Even Riverrun has better defenses.  It was taken down with some ropes and ladders by the Greyjoys about 200 miles from any open water.
    What the hell is Mcdreamy?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 5,768
    Jason P said:
    A doctor on that shit show Grey's Anatomy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,485
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:
    A doctor on that shit show Grey's Anatomy.
    Which has what to do w Game of Thrones?

Sorry I'm not getting the humor or I'm really missing something here.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,873
    Jason P said:
    to be fair, I forget how the show explained it:

But they did not foresee a Greyjoy threat.  Robb took most of the fighters down south. Theon and Cleftjaw feigned a seige at Torrhen Square, which drew Rodrik Cassel and the remainder of people who could fight.... as well as travelling over to try to keep the peace between the Hornwoods/Manderlys/Boltons.  There was nobody left other than young, women, and old.  Theon and like 20 dudes swam across the moat, grappled over the wall, and "peacefully" claimed the castle.  If there was anybody to man the castle, then it would have been impossible.

Robb should have never given up the 'hostage' in Theon, not that Balon greyjoy gave a fig about him anyway.  Theon went rogue to take over Winterfell.  Balon and Asha both knew that Winterfell was too far inland and away from their strength (sea and longships), and deep amongst their enemies, many leagues from supply lines.

Then Winterfell fell a second time when that Bozo Theon opened the gates for Reek/Ramsey and Dreadfort soldiers.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 239
    Thought I’d share this... I loved it

https://youtu.be/6i0a7RDPkM8
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,491
    JPPJ84 said:
    Thought I’d share this... I loved it

https://youtu.be/6i0a7RDPkM8
    The House Stark telecaster looks really nice. Expensive as hell though!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,012
    Even The Last Watch documentary is boring. Such a letdown.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,873
    I thought the documentary was interesting and mesmerizing.  I think I could have watched it for 12 straight hours.