A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Oh and I did not see but did they say what happened to the Robb's Uncle who got married... They took him off to the bedding... If he had to go that way then :mrgreen:

But wondering if he was in on it? The thought he was stupid and wondering if that got him angry...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Oh and I did not see but did they say what happened to the Robb's Uncle who got married... They took him off to the bedding... If he had to go that way then :mrgreen:

But wondering if he was in on it? The thought he was stupid and wondering if that got him angry...

That does get answered in the books, so I would guess it will be next week.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I got a decent amount of reading in this weekend but wasn't able to catch up to this mess. When I first saw someone mention the Red Wedding, I assumed it would have something to do with Melisandre. Boy was I wrong.

My mouth didn't shut for 20 minutes and I couldn't sleep for hours afterward. Blown away is the best that can describe it. I didn't see this coming at all. I guess the main question is, were Edmure and The Blackfish involved. Blackfish went to take a piss and that was the last we saw. I kept expecting Catelyn to pound on the door and say "I hope you had a hell of a piss Blackfish". :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder why they didn't show Jon pick up on the fact that there were 2 direwolves present at his fight.
    Leaving Ygrite behind??????

I felt it was pretty stupid to have that look on Jorah's face when Dany asked him about Dario since he was still alive.

Arya just needs to kill EVERYONE!!! and start a new civilization with Hot Pie.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: fuckt!!what was that?????????????// :o:o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I
    I wonder why they didn't show Jon pick up on the fact that there were 2 direwolves present at his fight.
    Leaving Ygrite behind??????

Arya just needs to kill EVERYONE!!! and start a new civilization with Hot Pie.

I agree. It has been a while since i read it but i thought there was some internal dialogue on both subjects. Leaving Ygritte is not an easy thing for Jon i wish they could have portrayed that a bit more on screen.

Arya killing everyone would be awesome :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I guess the main question is, were Edmure and The Blackfish involved. Blackfish went to take a piss and that was the last we saw. I kept expecting Catelyn to pound on the door and say "I hope you had a hell of a piss Blackfish". :lol::lol::lol:
    Ahhh I forgot about Blackfish too ... Yeah this doesn't feel right :nono:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    What is the significance of the episode title "The Rains of Castamere"?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's the song that the band started playing when the doors were being locked and Catelyn got worried. It's a song dedicated to House Lannister. It's also the song Cersei was telling Margery about in the previous episode. Bronn sung it before battle last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAVhm3BqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK4oQG5GUTg
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's the song that the band started playing when the doors were being locked and Catelyn got worried. It's a song dedicated to House Lannister. It's also the song Cersei was telling Margery about in the previous episode. Bronn sung it before battle last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAVhm3BqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK4oQG5GUTg

Thanks. I want to click on the other thread soooooo bad right now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Thanks. I want to click on the other thread soooooo bad right now.

I had the same problem. Don't do it until you finish the 5th book. There is so much more stuff that is going to come into play.
    I thought cersie telling marg in episode 8 the story behind the song of rains of catamere was birllant.

It sets up the curve ball you may think ep 9 was going to be the lannisters squashing tyrells when in fact it is the lannisters squashing the starks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Another thing I liked in this episode, that sort of gets lost with the wedding, is we see the fist signs of how powerful Bran may come to be. Always nice to get some direwolf action.
    Another thing I liked in this episode, that sort of gets lost with the wedding, is we see the fist signs of how powerful Bran may come to be. Always nice to get some direwolf action.
    Hodor.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Hodor.

:lol:
    intodeep wrote:
    I thought cersie telling marg in episode 8 the story behind the song of rains of catamere was birllant.

It sets up the curve ball you may think ep 9 was going to be the lannisters squashing tyrells when in fact it is the lannisters squashing the starks.

Now I'll need to watch that scene again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Now I'll need to watch that scene again.
    Totally... And yes that's what I thought... I mean it was Episode 9...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    HOLY FUCK... that was possibly the most emotional scene I've ever seen on a television show. I am not a book reader, though when this season is over I plan on starting.

Ok, so to go through a bit here. I predicted that Robb would be killed and this wedding would not go as smooth as planned and be some part of a scheme. I love Robb and thought he honestly was the fairest and best person to be king, although, we all know that gets you nowhere in thrones, as it is what killed him. I DID NOT see them killing Catelyn. That fucked me up. Stabbing Talisa in the stomach? God damn! This shit was beyond tragic. I NEVER TRUSTED THAT FUCK ROOSE BOLTON. MY theories on him must be correct too. Being one of Robb's banner men in the war, for him to send Jamie Lannister to Tywin and whatnot, I knew he was not to be trusted and had some sort of alliance forming with Tywin, whether for money or glory. I caught some glimpses of the 'X' symbol on some of Theon's torturers the first time we saw him getting tortured. We know Theon is in the north. It ain't the Karstark's, as the torturer said. Not the Umbers. Obviously not in Winterfell or Pyke. Where is he? My guess? The dreadfort and the torturer is a Bolton. Fucking Roose wants the North and planned this shit with Tywin and Walder Frey..

THIS IS PURELY MY SPECULATION. WHETHER I AM WRONG OR RIGHT I HAVE NO IDEA. But putting the pieces together that is what I think...

Arrya really does just need to fucking kill everyone. Curious to see her story unfold with the Hound... I honestly have no idea where that is going but I'm very intrigued.

I thought the John Snow scene was fucking awesome I'm glad it's clear to everyone he's a crow again. Fuck Ygritte, honestly. I could care less about her. I hope John stays loyal all the way to the Night's Watch. And the fact that he saw his brothers' wolves... Hopefully he knows they're around now and can get Bran (because Rickon left) safe. This plot should get a lot better now. Too much time was spent beyond the wall with Snow dicking around.

I love ANYTHING with Dany. I thought this weeks was awesome, but for the first time not really because of her at all. Who knew my boy Jorah was a fucking jedi knight? He looked like god damn Skywalker out there with that sword. Daario and Grey Worm were cool too... I just want to get her to Westeros.

Other plots not shown that I have future hopes for:

With Littlefinger lord of the Vale now, I want revenge for Cat's death. He is a snakey fuck and certainly has some bad tricks up his sleeve, but he may actually do this as she is the only person he ever cared about basically.

I would love to see the Tyrell's be in an uproar over this whole Red Wedding and how it was completely unethical because of the rights of eating with your guests thing etc etc... I want to see the Tyrell / Lannister inside struggle keep growing but something happen soon.

Stannis, Millessandre, Davos, and Gendry.... exrtremely interesting.... I want to understand more Red God stuff. I don't know what to make of its truth, importance, goodness, or badness yet.

I also hope we see the Brotherhood without Banners again. Thoros was the shit.

Oh and obviously we all want Joffrey to croke.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    Were there 2 or 3 Direwolves? Bran, Rickon and Jon's? I thought I saw Ghost, which is Jon's correct?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    What a gut wrenching episode. Like alot of other stuff, the Red Wedding was pretty predictable when you think back on what happened before, but man what a shocker. I knew there was trouble as soon as we seen Bolton. Didn't immediately recognize the music, but the wedding setup seemed shifty, with the way Frey was acting. Went from some of the most lighthearted lowbrow one liners early in the show to probably the most stirring scene I've ever watched on tv. And that's mentioning just the stuff from this episode.

I have to think Cat's family was in on it, or at least her brother.

Poor Arya, she was so close. Especially emotional after the exchange between her and the Hound early in the episode about getting closer/more scared. She's basically the only one left to avenge, as it seems the others are tied up in other arcs.

Bran warging out was freaking awesome. Awful to see him and Rickon get separated.

Pretty heavy way to deal with all the near Stark reunions.

Can't wait to see the fallout next week. If it's as shocking as last night I don't think I'll be sleeping again next sunday. My mind was just racing after that end scene last night.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Were there 2 or 3 Direwolves? Bran, Rickon and Jon's? I thought I saw Ghost, which is Jon's correct?

I seen 2 last night, but there are 4 left or unaccounted for...Nymeria(Arya's),Ghost(Snow's), Shaggydog(Rickon's) and Summer(Bran's).

Pretty sure Ghost is still north of the Wall. I thought it was Ghost at first, but I didn't notice the red eyes, so I'm assuming it was Shaggydog and Summer. I wonder if Jon Snow recognized the direwolves before he rode off, but just had to get the hell out of there.
    JK_Livin wrote:

Ghost was not with Jon last night, just Summer and Shaggydog.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    :o :shock: :o :shock:

Pretty much sums up last night's episode...

Wow!

I had a feeling something bad was going to go down at that wedding. I thought maybe they'd poison Robb's wife or something as a payback for his not honoring his word. Seeing Bolton at the wedding...you knew something was going down. I didn't immediately connect the song to the Lannisters. It sounded familiar, but when the door closed, you knew shit was about to go down. Even then I figured there would at least be a battle, not an ambush.
    I had a hunch a while back that Robb was going to get killed. Him getting married, then her getting pregnant...he was just "too happy". I never read the books, but I do know that the author has no problem taking out important/leading characters (from what I've heard). Going forward I think if any character is happy, they are probably close to getting killed. :lol::lol: I was just shocked at how it happened! I was also shocked that Cat got killed too. I really want to know what Blackfish had to do with it, if anything.
    I also loved the scenes with Arya and the Hound. Clearly he cares for her and I loved their back and forth. I'd love to see them get closer and have the Hound take out every last Frey....and Bolton for that matter. The Hound has nobody. He has nowhere to go, he's shown that he cares for Arya and he did with Sansa....I hope he sticks around as Arya's muscle. I found it interesting too that Arya, who has gotten so "dark", told the Hound to spare that guy's life on the road. After what went down at the wedding, I wonder if any bit of honor is left in her. Maybe she'll see the use in the Hound rather than wanting him dead.
    I wonder if Jon noticed his brother's wolves during that fight? Clearly he had to get the hell out of there, and I'm glad he left Igrette behind.
    I found it interesting and kinda cheesy at the same time how Dany has become a smitten school girl over Daario. She didn't even seem to care when Jorah came back from battle that he was ok, just wanting to know how Daario was.

God, so much happened in that damn episode!

Last thought...so Bran is now understanding his Warg power better. I wonder to what extent that power goes? Does a Warg for example have the power to...take over....dragons? :think: Just a thought because that could get interesting!
    mca47 wrote:
    Last thought...so Bran is now understanding his Warg power better. I wonder to what extent that power goes? Does a Warg for example have the power to...take over....dragons? :think: Just a thought because that could get interesting!

I would think it's within the realm of possibility. The others seemed shocked that he could take over Hodor's mind. Wonder if it's people in general or if it's Hodor's mental issues make it harder. The ability to warg through people kinda surprised me, so I was kinda thinking more in that direction. Either way, he clearly has the most powerful warg capabilities.

Speaking of Hodor, I think it's hilarious when he says "Hodor" in the show, but I find it much more funny in the books when it says "Hodor", Hodor said.

Can't wait for Bran to find the 3 eyed raven.

I wonder if Rickon is gonna end up a pretty dangerous character. He keeps getting ditched, and I just keep thinking back to that scene where he's cracking the walnuts with this crazy look.
    Did it look like Jaime was back in Kings Landing in the preview for next week?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Reading everyone's reaction is great. It reminds me of when i first read it and the powerful reaction i had to it. thanks for sharing.

the idea of bran controlling a dragon is very very interesting. I kind of think that he could and it would be totally wild.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Reading everyone's reaction is great. It reminds me of when i first read it and the powerful reaction i had to it. thanks for sharing.

the idea of bran controlling a dragon is very very interesting. I kind of think that he could and it would be tottally wild.

Bran needs to control a Dragon while Hodor is riding it screaming HODOR!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited June 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

the idea of bran controlling a dragon is very very interesting. I kind of think that he could and it would be tottally wild.

I'm calling it now, my guess is at the end of the series, Hodor will have won the game of thrones. He's playing the long con.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I'm calling now, but my guess is at the end of the series, Hodor will have won the game of thrones. He's playing the long con.
    house-of-games.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    intodeep wrote:

the idea of bran controlling a dragon is very very interesting. I kind of think that he could and it would be totally wild.

Wow that is a totally cool idea, didn't think of that. The reactions to the show are great. I remember being completely floored the first time I read ASOS. And there is still soooo much shit to go down!! This is without a doubt the best TV I've ever seen, and only one episode left before the long ass wait:(
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I found this article :fp: and :lol: ...especially the fan's outrage!
    http://www.today.com/entertainment/game ... 6C10168068

Game of Thrones' star and fans left in tears after Red Wedding

Tears at a wedding are not unusual, but the sobs at the nuptials of Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey on Sunday's "Game of Thrones" were far from happy as Lord Frey exacted his revenge by killing the Starks and Tullys at the celebration.

The stunning scene had a strong impact on Richard Madden, the man behind the now deceased King in the North, Robb Stark. "I cried the whole way" home, the actor told AccessHollywood.com of his reaction after finishing shooting his death scene.

He wasn't the only cast member upset after the Red Wedding. "I've never been that emotionally exhausted before -- ever," Michelle Fairley, who plays Catelyn Stark, told AH.

The stars weren't the only ones who reacted strongly to the death-filled episode. Fans of the show -- including those who had read the novels and were expecting the bloody onslaught -- were stunned by how the scene played out.

"I was so shocked," wrote reader Pamela Frank Huckabee on our Facebook page. "I sat here with my mouth open while the credits rolled. I couldn't say anything so posted HOLY CRAP on my Facebook page. Wow, I may not sleep a wink tonight."

"I'm totally traumatized after watching the episode. I didn't read the books yet so this took me by surprise," wrote Sumi Moon. "Game of thrones is insanely awesome and Michelle Fairley's acting in this episode was just perfect. This is the second time this series make me cry like a baby, the first one was when Eddard died."

"I'm still reeling from the utter surprise and violence of it all," wrote Katy Richard. "Talisa's demise most shocking of all. All I could do was scream and cry out in horror. There is no central conflict now! The repulsive Lannisters have won. A most depressing reality."

"Honestly I think they took it too far. His wife isn't pregnant or at the red wedding in the book. I read the books and I wasn't prepared for the brutality of it. It was the most brutal thing I ever saw on a TV show," wrote Michael Poretti.

Some were so upset by the turn of events on "Game of Thrones" they took to HBO's website to complain:

"I have never seen anything as vile, disheartening, hurtful, and revelous in the bloodshed of heroes as this episode," wrote David on HBO.com. "Yeah, winter is coming HBO ... to your ratings."

"So - when you eliminate just about every character that I care about, then continue to kill anyone with any sense of moral compass with such vengeance so as to punish them for even thinking that principles mattered, allow the wretched and evil to win over and over again and gain more power, and basically remove any and all hope of anything good ever happening (because how can I enjoy a show when every character I liked is now dead,) why is it exactly that I should continue watching?" wrote Tony.