Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Ginger beer.....mmmmmmmm
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ginger beer.....mmmmmmmm

Ugghhh... ginger in all forms is nasty. sorry, enjoy. :thumbup:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ginger beer.....mmmmmmmm

Ugghhh... ginger in all forms is nasty. sorry, enjoy. :thumbup:
    Tsk tsk tsk
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I posted this on another thread but I might as well carpet bomb and put it here too. That cow is totally sexually assaulting the state of Wisconsin... and we love it.
    SpottedCow.png
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    It was a DFH kind of weekend...we had...

this...

DFH+-+Wrath.JPG

and this...

dfh1.jpg

and this...

6-drink-rhizing-bines-250x250.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Drinking a Bourbon Barrel Doppelbock by Hinterland. Pretty damn good. Bourbon flavor is not too overpowering. Well balanced, good carbonation. Getting it open is a bitch though. Hard wax around the cap. I had to use the razor on my waiters wine opener and cut it like 5 times. I might have broke the wine foil opener too.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Thanks again to Horos for sending me some whalez in the mail.... a Parabola and a Pliny the Elder.

I had my first Pliny on Saturday... and I understand the hype now... the smell of the beer is absolutely incredible... I found myself sniffing it more than I was drinking it....

As for the parabola, I don't know if I'm going to age it or drink it....

It's my birthday this week, so I'm thinking to pull out some special brews... I've got quite a variety in the fridge/cellar... tonight I'm definitely thinking about cracking my first bottle of Bourbon Barrel Aged Hellfighter... it is soooo good. From talking to fellow BA's in my area of the world, they put it on the same level as KBS (i've never had a KBS, so I don't know...)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    afroannnie wrote:
    It was a DFH kind of weekend...we had...

this...

DFH+-+Wrath.JPG

and this...

dfh1.jpg

and this...

6-drink-rhizing-bines-250x250.jpg
    How old is that Wrath? They stopped making that years ago and it was one of my favs.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Manayunk Double Dreamin IPA and Weyerbacher Double Simco are both awesome as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Thanks again to Horos for sending me some whalez in the mail.... a Parabola and a Pliny the Elder.

I had my first Pliny on Saturday... and I understand the hype now... the smell of the beer is absolutely incredible... I found myself sniffing it more than I was drinking it....

It's my birthday this week, so I'm thinking to pull out some special brews... I've got quite a variety in the fridge/cellar... tonight I'm definitely thinking about cracking my first bottle of Bourbon Barrel Aged Hellfighter... it is soooo good. From talking to fellow BA's in my area of the world, they put it on the same level as KBS (i've never had a KBS, so I don't know...)

Happy birthday and enjoy!
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    shep wrote:

You are welcome and Happy Birthday!!!

First time I tried Pliny I thought the same thing, "Wow it lives up to the hype." My daughter lives in Santa Rosa now so hopefully I'll be having it more regularly.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Had a Full Sail Brewmaster's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout last night...

Not impressed... it was ok at best.... the roastiness just overwhelmed the rest of the flavors (including the Bourbon)... It had a nice smell of bourbon, but all I got from the actual sips was roasty notes...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    Had a Lagunitas Maximus IPA bomber last night. Not the best, but still pretty good.
  • Options
    Had a Lagunitas Maximus IPA bomber last night. Not the best, but still pretty good.

Had Lagunitas Mardi Gras Bach, or something like that. Really good if you like Maibocks.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is fucking disgusting. What is wrong with you people? :lol:

Chippewa Falls is about 20 minutes away, but I'm not standing up for that garbage... and I drink Miller High Life for Christ's sake :lol:
  • Options
    ... and I drink Miller High Life for Christ's sake :lol:
    This technically disqualifies you from posting in this thread. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Horos wrote:
    ... and I drink Miller High Life for Christ's sake :lol:
    This technically disqualifies you from posting in this thread. ;)

Well, that's my usual beer. Sometimes I splurge (But not too much)
  • Options
    Nothing better then a case of Aprihop!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    Boneyard's RPM is one of the best beers that I have ever had....yummmmm
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Hop heads rejoice!!!!
    Two delicious DIPA's quaffed today:
    Heady Topper & YuleSmith Summer Holiday Ale.
    Wow...holy grapefruity piney explosion. Picking up my two Pliny's today and my beer guru from Baron's Market asks me have I had the YuleSmith...the winter ale is decent for a red, but I'm not a huge AleSmith guy. Told me about the Summer Holiday DIPA then GAVE me a can of Heady Topper. :D What a friggin day.
    I love the haul today. Can't wait to grab more of this YuleSmith...
    Monday = Ruin 10 by Stone (giddy) :P
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Boulevard Coffee ale

Not bad, especially if you are a fan of a coffee porter or stout but like a lighter beer in the summer.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    My haul tonight...
    BM25o1ECcAIXUMp.jpg
    #FHP
  • Options
    man... my shop had a "blow out the cooler" sale on Saturday... and I was so fucking hungover I couldn't get out of bed.... damn it..

apparently I missed out on getting a bottle of Abyss... very not happy about that... :cry:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    man... my shop had a "blow out the cooler" sale on Saturday... and I was so fucking hungover I couldn't get out of bed.... damn it..

apparently I missed out on getting a bottle of Abyss... very not happy about that... :cry:
    From Deschutes? I have a Dissident and Black Butte 24 aging. Had an Abyss last year. I'll see if I see anymore around.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    shep wrote:

From Deschutes? I have a Dissident and Black Butte 24 aging. Had an Abyss last year. I'll see if I see anymore around.

Mike, you are my hero.

:D
  • Options
    Had a Crux Insider IPA. Really light for a 9% IPA.
    #FHP
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    A friend and I did a tasting last night. Besides his homebrew porter and ESB, we had Cigar City Homefront IPA and Cigar City/Dunedin Auld Alliance scotch ale and both were really good.

He also shared several offerings from Prairie Artisan Ales from Oklahoma that he received in a trade and they blew me away. We had two saisons from Prairie - Standard and 'Merica - which were both good. We also had Prairie Bomb! which is a 14% ABV Imperial Stout with cacao, vanilla, coffee and chili peppers. Fantastic beer. The best of the night for me was the Prairie Okie which is a 13% ABV double brown ale aged in oak whiskey barrels. Overall, I would highly recommend trying Prairie Artisan Ales if you get a chance.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I forgot to mention, I visited the new Funky Buddha Brewery outside of Fort Lauderdale on Monday and I must say it lived up to the hype. We sampled 10 beers and they were all very good. No Crusts was PB&J in a glass. My favorite by a mile was Last Snow which I ended up having two snifters of after we finished the tasting (wife was driving). I might say that is my favorite porter ever - Hill Farmstead Everett is the only competition. If you're ever in the area, stop by. You won't be disappointed.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    RUINTEN - 10th anniversary of Stone's Ruination
    What a DIPA!!!
    Amazingly crisp...
    Intense hoppiness and killer aroma.
    Gorgeous - what a color. Very Citrus-y...
    Bold hops.
    Seek it out and enjoy it friends...
    11% ABV :shock:
    :lol:
    Prost!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:
    A friend and I did a tasting last night. Besides his homebrew porter and ESB, we had Cigar City Homefront IPA and Cigar City/Dunedin Auld Alliance scotch ale and both were really good.

He also shared several offerings from Prairie Artisan Ales from Oklahoma that he received in a trade and they blew me away. We had two saisons from Prairie - Standard and 'Merica - which were both good. We also had Prairie Bomb! which is a 14% ABV Imperial Stout with cacao, vanilla, coffee and chili peppers. Fantastic beer. The best of the night for me was the Prairie Okie which is a 13% ABV double brown ale aged in oak whiskey barrels. Overall, I would highly recommend trying Prairie Artisan Ales if you get a chance.

I had a bottle of praire Noir a few months back... so good i went back and got 2 more to stick in my cellar afterwards... might break one out in a month or two and see how it's doing...
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    RUINTEN - 10th anniversary of Stone's Ruination
    What a DIPA!!!
    Amazingly crisp...
    Intense hoppiness and killer aroma.
    Gorgeous - what a color. Very Citrus-y...
    Bold hops.
    Seek it out and enjoy it friends...
    11% ABV :shock:
    :lol:
    Prost!

picked up a bottle of that today from my local shop... had it last year and it was stellar. excited to get to have in again...

Tonight however I cracked open my "enjoy by 07.04.13"... very enjoyable DIPA... but if my memory serves me correct I think I like the RuinTen more... we'll see later the week. ;)