Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    I found a new growler joint today!

I was lucky enough to get a couple of local Atlanta brews I've never had before.

Blind Pirate double IPA & a Rabbit's Reserve black IPA.

Both are very yummy :D
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Boneyard's RPM is one of the best beers that I have ever had....yummmmm

I love the RPM, but what's even better is their Hop Venom IPA. Try that if you get a chance.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    Here's a nice interactive map of craft brewery info:

http://www.newyorker.com/sandbox/business/beer.html
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    had a Two Brothers Laughing Panda last weekend. green tea ipa....wow it was delicious.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/689/94686
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    man....

every time i'm east of the mississippi i get reminded how awesome YeungLing is... i wish they would send it to texas...

i have also been working on a 6-pack of Cigar City Jai Alai.... awesome IPA, it's like a grapefruit bomb in my mouth.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    shep wrote:
    man....

every time i'm east of the mississippi i get reminded how awesome YeungLing is... i wish they would send it to texas...

i have also been working on a 6-pack of Cigar City Jai Alai.... awesome IPA, it's like a grapefruit bomb in my mouth.
    One of my favorite beers!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    shep wrote:
    man....

One of my favorite beers!

Um, he mentioned two beers. :lol:

Had my first Voodoo stout from Left Coast Brewing. Pretty good. Very roasty. New to my local store so I had to try it.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    ^^^well I wasnt talking about Yeungling ;)
  • Options
    ^^^well I wasnt talking about Yeungling ;)

Hey you never know. I now how popular it is in Florida. :lol:

I like Yeungling.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Yeunling....budweiser without the eagle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

No way. It is way better than Buttwiper.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    itss aboutt the raspberrries

it totally works
  • Options
    81 wrote:

gotta disagree with you there.

yeunling is so much better than budweiser, words cannot capture it.

the Jai Alai is fantastic... having another glass of it right now.... wish i could take some back.

also had a couple of ballast point IPA's this afternoon at the pool... certainly not a pool beer, but great all the same! wish texas beers laws weren't so restrictive....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Miller lite it is

Yuengling still sucks :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Miller lite it is

get outta here!

:P
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Miller lite it is

get outta here!

:P

Yeah I have to agree with Shep. Go drink a bourbon.
  • Options
    comparing yeungling to budweiser? you're better than that 81.

there's certainly nothing special about yingers but....budweiser? :lol: no
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    went to cigar city today....the tasting room wasn't too impressive as a bar, but the beer was great. enjoyed 2 flights of different CC brews, then finished with a pint of my fav (the cubano-style espresso brown ale). sitting at home now with a Jai Alai and a cigar i bought at the brewery..

it was worth the 40 minute drive.. just wish i had more time, and that they had a better bottle selection at the brewery for take out... i didn't want to get a growler on account of I'm planning on transporting it back to houston with me..
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    shep wrote:
    went to cigar city today....the tasting room wasn't too impressive as a bar, but the beer was great. enjoyed 2 flights of different CC brews, then finished with a pint of my fav (the cubano-style espresso brown ale). sitting at home now with a Jai Alai and a cigar i bought at the brewery..

it was worth the 40 minute drive.. just wish i had more time, and that they had a better bottle selection at the brewery for take out... i didn't want to get a growler on account of I'm planning on transporting it back to houston with me..
    We were there earlier this week. Our favorites from this trip to Cigar City were Peach Cypress and Humidor IPA.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    The wife and I got back from our beercation/concert trip to the Tampa area last night and we had a blast. We visited Dunedin Brewery and 7venth Sun Brewing in Dunedin, Barley Mow in Largo, Cigar City in Tampa twice and Peg's Cantina/Cycle Brewing in Gulfport.

The first day of our trip was Wednesday and we visited three different breweries for the first time. 7venth Sun was hands down our favorite of the three. We sampled everything they had on draft and were not disappointed. Dunedin also had some solid offerings and their dry-rubbed wings were great. Barley Mow was a decent, but not worth going out of your way.

On Thursday, we ate lunch at Datz Deli in Tampa and it was excellent as usual. Their food is top notch and they have a solid beer selection. After lunch, we headed over to Cigar City which is always a must when we're in the area. The beers were very good as usual, although I would argue that the overall quality of their beer has been a bit diluted due to the fact that they make so many different beers. If I counted correctly they had 22 beers on draft and we tried all of the ones we'd never had before. After leaving Cigar City we went to the Americanarama concert which was a lot of fun. At the show we each had a Cigar City Jai Alai can ($8.50) before switching to the 24 ounce Yuengling cans ($11). Yes, concert beers are ridiculously overpriced.

On Friday we headed to Peg's Cantina/Cycle Brewing in Gulfport. This is always one of our favorite stops because the staff is extremely friendly and they brew some great beers. After leaving Peg's, we headed back to Tampa to pick up some beer to go at Cigar City. While we were there, we each had a few samples and a pint of beer that wasn't on draft the previous day.

All in all, this was the best mini beercation we've ever had. I think I may need a few days to detox at this point.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11795461 ... NCCz6y52AE

Beer list (all were shared flights of 4-6 ounce samples except for the ones from Peg's/Cycle and day 2 at Cigar City which were shared pints):

Dunedin:
    Apricot Peach Ale
    Three Copper Coins pale lager
    American Classic IPA
    Biere de Cafe brown ale brewed with coffee
    Red Ale
    Pale Ale
    Chronicle 10: Double Oatmeal Pale Ale
    Nitro Stout

7venth Sun:
    Wolfman's Berliner Weisse
    Summer Camp #2 IPA
    Three Piece Tripel
    Belge D'or Belgian strong ale
    Intergalactic Pale Ale (top 5 for the week)
    Graffiti Orange Creamsicle pale wheat ale
    White Shadow Belgian Blonde
    FYA (AKA Fuck Ya) pale ale
    Sessions Brett IPA Dry Hopped with Citra
    Saison In Paradise saison

Barley Mow:
    Common Eileen California common/steam beer
    Imperial Red
    Quackalope IPA
    Unkindness black IPA

Cigar City day 1:
    White Oak Peach IPA (amazing beer, top 5 for the week)
    Lemon Jasmine Pale Ale
    Chocolate Covered Raspberry Lager
    Stiftung Berliner-Weisse
    Wakatu pale wheat ale
    Torcedores: Sean's Hoppy Session pale ale
    Whiskey Nitro Irish stout
    Torcedores: Matt Tucker's Vienna Lager
    Torcedores: Ben Romano's India Pale Lager
    Humidor Series IPA (top 5 for the week, bought a 4-pack of bottles)

Peg's Cantina/Cycle Brewing:
    Cream and Sugar Please porter (tied for favorite of the week, brought a growler home)
    Batch 300 Old Ale
    FreeWheel Pale Ale
    Fixie IPA
    Tang & Biscuits IPA
    Bottom of the 9th Brown (sample)

Cigar City day 2:
    Mango Red Ale
    Peach Cypress (tied for favorite of the week)
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    The wife and I got back from our beercation/concert trip to the Tampa area last night and we had a blast. We visited Dunedin Brewery and 7venth Sun Brewing in Dunedin, Barley Mow in Largo, Cigar City in Tampa twice and Peg's Cantina/Cycle Brewing in Gulfport.

The first day of our trip was Wednesday and we visited three different breweries for the first time. 7venth Sun was hands down our favorite of the three. We sampled everything they had on draft and were not disappointed. Dunedin also had some solid offerings and their dry-rubbed wings were great. Barley Mow was a decent, but not worth going out of your way.

On Thursday, we ate lunch at Datz Deli in Tampa and it was excellent as usual. Their food is top notch and they have a solid beer selection. After lunch, we headed over to Cigar City which is always a must when we're in the area. The beers were very good as usual, although I would argue that the overall quality of their beer has been a bit diluted due to the fact that they make so many different beers. If I counted correctly they had 22 beers on draft and we tried all of the ones we'd never had before. After leaving Cigar City we went to the Americanarama concert which was a lot of fun. At the show we each had a Cigar City Jai Alai can ($8.50) before switching to the 24 ounce Yuengling cans ($11). Yes, concert beers are ridiculously overpriced.

On Friday we headed to Peg's Cantina/Cycle Brewing in Gulfport. This is always one of our favorite stops because the staff is extremely friendly and they brew some great beers. After leaving Peg's, we headed back to Tampa to pick up some beer to go at Cigar City. While we were there, we each had a few samples and a pint of beer that wasn't on draft the previous day.

All in all, this was the best mini beercation we've ever had. I think I may need a few days to detox at this point.

Beer list (all were shared flights of 4-6 ounce samples except for the ones from Peg's/Cycle and day 2 at Cigar City which were shared pints):

Dunedin:
    Apricot Peach Ale
    American Classic IPA
    Red Ale
    Pale Ale
    Nitro Stout

7venth Sun:
    Summer Camp #2 IPA
    Three Piece Tripel

Barley Mow:
    Imperial Red
    Quackalope IPA
    Unkindness black IPA

Cigar City day 1:
    Lemon Jasmine Pale Ale
    Stiftung Berliner-Weisse
    Wakatu pale wheat ale

Cream and Sugar Please porter (tied for favorite of the week, brought a growler home)
    Batch 300 Old Ale
    FreeWheel Pale Ale
    Fixie IPA
    Tang & Biscuits IPA

Cigar City day 2:
    Mango Red Ale
    :thumbup: :clap: VERY NICE
  • Options
    summer love is so much better off the tap than out of the bottle. new found respect for it. downingtown's finest.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:

Dunedin:
    Apricot Peach Ale
    American Classic IPA
    Red Ale
    Pale Ale
    Nitro Stout

7venth Sun:
    Summer Camp #2 IPA
    Three Piece Tripel

Barley Mow:
    Imperial Red
    Quackalope IPA
    Unkindness black IPA

Cigar City day 1:
    Lemon Jasmine Pale Ale
    Stiftung Berliner-Weisse
    Wakatu pale wheat ale

Batch 300 Old Ale
    FreeWheel Pale Ale
    Fixie IPA
    Tang & Biscuits IPA

Cigar City day 2:
    Mango Red Ale

nice weekend trip!

glad i didn't know the AmericanA tour was here on thrusday, that would have rotted me. We were at a wedding on the beach thrusday night, but knowing i could have seen wilco instead would not have sat well. they are one of my favorite bands.

I actually read a bunch of reviews on Datz Deli and was going to head there last night after cigar city, but unfortunately it didn't work out...very disappointed about that....
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm 'stage diving into a mosh pit of hops' with a RuinTen.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Mad Anthony IPA brought back from Indiana last weekend

Also a Marietta beer, Red Brick Gangway IPA...mmmmm :D
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    IMG_0010_zpsb29f2512.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Horos wrote:

Good? I bought one last week but didn't drink it yet.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    A damn good beer for anyone that enjoys Belgian Tripels
    st_vrain_bottle_glass_1368476902_zpsaa7dfcfc.png
  • Options
    Harpoon leviathan. Tasty!

imperial_ipa_4pk.jpg

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Good? I bought one last week but didn't drink it yet.
    Very good! But I'm a big fan of Stone's beers especially the anniversary ones.
    #FHP