The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Had some Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA last night...and I'll likely get massacred for this...but I prefer it over Hopslam!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I didn't pick up a Dreadnaught this year, but I did enjoy the Founders Double Trouble!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Had some Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA last night...and I'll likely get massacred for this...but I prefer it over Hopslam!
    I wish Three Floyds was available down here in Florida. I've heard nothing but good things about their beers.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I wish Three Floyds was available down here in Florida. I've heard nothing but good things about their beers.
    I just wish I could get 99 percent of the ones you guys talk about down here :(
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Tonight it's a Stone Old Guardian Barleywine.
    #FHP
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Horos wrote:
    How was it?
    I have a hard time with barleywine's they are not my fav
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    How was it?
    I have a hard time with barleywine's they are not my fav
    I enjoy them. No overpowering but strong. But one 22 and I'm good.
    #FHP
    Last night I had a New Holland Dragon's Milk and a Bell's Double Cream Stout
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Splitting a 6pack of yuengling black and tan with my boy...pretty tasty but it makes me look forward to the 6pack of yuengling porter we have...seems like the porter will be very good solo

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Brews fron our first meeting:

Kona - Fire Rock
    Kona - Longboard
    Ninkasi - Sleigher Ale
    Henrys - Blonde
    ... Cascade Lakes - 20' Brown
    Bud Light - Platinum
    Redhook - Pilsner
    Sierra Nevada - Torpedo Extra IPA
    Kona - Pipeline

And our second meeting last night:

Deschutes - Stoic
    Killians - Irish Red
    DogfishHead - World Wide Stout
    ... Deschutes - Red Chair NWPA
    Tecate - Lager
    Dos Equis - Ambar
    Elysian - Bete Blanche
    Dos Equis - Lager Especial
    Chatoe Rogue - Good Chit
    Sol - Lager
    Elysian - Mens Room Red
    HUB - Noggin Floggin
    #FHP
  • I picked up a couple of selections from Back Forty brewery in Alabama....the Naked Pig Pale Ale and the Truck Stop Honey Brown. Tried the Naked Pig last night last night and it was decent...nothing to get overly excited about though. It's my goal to have a beer from every state and that was the first from Bama. THose just became available here last week

Last night I had a New Holland Dragon's Milk and a Bell's Double Cream Stout

:thumbup: Dragon's Milk is one of my top faves!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Couple of new ones I had last week:

512 - Black IPA
    Karabach - Hopadillo
    Karabach - Sympathy of the Lager -- this one was really good, and pleastenly surprising. If you're in Texas and can get your hands on some, I'd highly recommend. A nicely hopped, well balanced lager
    DFH - Immort Ale (finally tried it, and it was great. I can't wait to see how the bottles I'm aging come out)
    DFH - ApriHop (very nice also)

and there were atleast 2 more I had while I was out that I just can't remember right now... need to start taking notes... :lol: ... I wasn't drunk either, just can't remember them :lol: ... I know one was a porter, I think it was by 512 as well, and I remember liking it very much... the other was a DIPA from a brewery that starts with an "M".... also good.

I found a bottle of Red and White by DFH that is on the menu for my next tasting, and a bottle of Rochefort 10....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    After the Philly Craft Beer Festival this weekend, I found an awesome case in a local distributer that I couldn't pass up! It's the Kona Brewing Co. Nut Brown Ale. A little sweet, but definitely a nice change of pace for the new change of seasons! :D
    After the Philly Craft Beer Festival this weekend, I found an awesome case in a local distributer that I couldn't pass up! It's the Kona Brewing Co. Nut Brown Ale. A little sweet, but definitely a nice change of pace for the new change of seasons! :D
    We had a few Konas a couple of weeks ago and they were really good.
    #FHP
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    shep wrote:
    Couple of new ones I had last week:

512 - Black IPA
    Karabach - Hopadillo
    Karabach - Sympathy of the Lager -- this one was really good, and pleastenly surprising. If you're in Texas and can get your hands on some, I'd highly recommend. A nicely hopped, well balanced lager
    DFH - Immort Ale (finally tried it, and it was great. I can't wait to see how the bottles I'm aging come out)
    DFH - ApriHop (very nice also)

and there were atleast 2 more I had while I was out that I just can't remember right now... need to start taking notes... :lol: ... I wasn't drunk either, just can't remember them :lol: ... I know one was a porter, I think it was by 512 as well, and I remember liking it very much... the other was a DIPA from a brewery that starts with an "M".... also good.

I found a bottle of Red and White by DFH that is on the menu for my next tasting, and a bottle of Rochefort 10....

For the record one was the 512 Pecan Porter, and it was excellent... at a place with 25+ taps I went back for a second glass...

Still searching for the name of the other one... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    So I mentioned to a friend over the weekend how I've never tried a DFH 120 Minute IPA and she has since made it her mission to find it for me. Which she did yesterday! Gonna go pick those bad boys up this week and finally try them out this weekend, can't wait!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    A very nice Pearl Jam fan sent me bombers of:
    Ninkasi-Total Domination IPA
    Ninkasi- Tricerahops DIPA
    Ninkasi-Renewale Irish Rd

I have not tried them but i'm excited to try them all since i can't get them in these parts :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So I mentioned to a friend over the weekend how I've never tried a DFH 120 Minute IPA and she has since made it her mission to find it for me. Which she did yesterday! Gonna go pick those bad boys up this week and finally try them out this weekend, can't wait!
    I'd like to pick up a 12oz or 2 of this. I can only get it on tap here. If anyone can help out.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'd like to pick up a 12oz or 2 of this. I can only get it on tap here. If anyone can help out.

She only got me 2 of them, one for me and the hubs, but if her source has anymore I'll definitely pick some up for you!

(Of course this would call for an amazing trade in our fantasy football league :mrgreen: )
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Horos wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I wish I could help you out, but our local store rarely gets any in stock and when they do they limit them to 2 twelve ounce bottles per person at $10/each.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Horos wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I have the same problem...

The state of Texas pulled the label approval for the 120 minute IPA after they had those issues with that 1 batch and recalled anything...

If any generous sole would like to send me some, I'd be happy to pay $ or arrange a trade... I can readily find Jester King beers, if that whets anyone's whistle...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'm not big on fruit flavored beer but the DFH Aprihop was pretty good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    For those on twitter in the Philly area, follow @phillytapfinder for some interesting beer related things.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    English beer is bland. I was somewhat disappointed. Also, every beer they have at pubs (maybe 30 different kinds) were all <5%. I still drank a boatload of it, but it was underwhelming for the most part. It was nice however that it was proper temperature. Its actually colder than you'd expect over there.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Got me some beer from a Pearl Jam fan:

Sweetwater Exodus Porter, IPA, and Happy Ending
    Terrapin Hop-Karma Brown IPA and Moo-Hoo Stout
    #FHP
    I just got a 4 pack of the hard to find Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout! It will be a good way to kick off the weekend, open one, and hide the rest in the basement away from easy reach.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Picked up Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale today.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Horos wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh poor you, can only get it on tap!!! ;)

I have 1 aging, but didn't get any this year.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Holtzmn wrote:
    Picked up Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale today.
    Definitely something worth trying and it wasn't as nasty as I figured it would be. Unique most definitely.

We had the Back Forty Truck Stop Honey Brown last night...pretty good stuff. Solid brew.