The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Stopped at the beer store on the way home and I was excited to see that they had... :D:D:D

dfh-120-min-label-detail.jpg

and they also had...which was one of my fave beers when I first got into DFH :D

immort.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Drinking Stone AB (22oz) and backing it up with their IPA...
    delish - Stone makes fantastic friggin beer and Greg Koch (CEO & Co-Founder) loves PJ...

Different: Full Sail IPA is fantastic as is Coronado Mermaid Red...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Idiot buddy bought bud chelada today. That shit will be a sip and pour no doubt. Unbelievable to me anybody buys that shit
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Idiot buddy bought bud chelada today. That shit will be a sip and pour no doubt. Unbelievable to me anybody buys that shit
    Bud what?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    afroannnie wrote:
    Stopped at the beer store on the way home and I was excited to see that they had... :D:D:D

immort.jpg
    Nice! They haven't had any 120 around here for quite awhile. Although I stopped in tonight and they did happen to have a bunch of the World Wide Stout. I picked up two 12oz bottles for the low low price of nearly $20....so this beer better be damn good.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Going to try my first Endeavor tonight from Saint Arnolds (new DIPA released this week for the first time on leap day... it's a reincarnation of their divine reserve 11)...

Also going to try my first immort ale... i've had one in the fridge for a couple of week, figured it's cold enough. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

immort.jpg
    Nice! They haven't had any 120 around here for quite awhile. Although I stopped in tonight and they did happen to have a bunch of the World Wide Stout. I picked up two 12oz bottles for the low low price of nearly $20....so this beer better be damn good.

Yeah it's hard to find...I usually go to the tavern in Rehobeth once a year..last time we missed it by a day..
    shep wrote:
    \

Also going to try my first immort ale... i've had one in the fridge for a couple of week, figured it's cold enough. ;)

Enjoy..I'll be cracking one open in a few minutes.. ;)
    afroannnie wrote:

Yeah it's hard to find...I usually go to the tavern in Rehobeth once a year..last time we missed it by a day..
    Yeah, there is a place called Hop Jacks in Pensacola that I believe still has it on tap. I get a couple glasses every time I go before seeing a show at the venue right next door.
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Yeah, there is a place called Hop Jacks in Pensacola that I believe still has it on tap. I get a couple glasses every time I go before seeing a show at the venue right next door.

Nice! :D :thumbup:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Nice! :D :thumbup:
    Damn, just checked their site and they don't have it listed anymore...was hoping to grab some in a couple weeks when I go back but oh well. Maybe I'll have a few Hopslams instead so I don't have to dig into my stash :P
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I'm having my first ever Bitches Brew tonight. I'm not usual a fan of dark beers but this shit is really good.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Having an Elysian Rapture Heather Ale, one of the 12 beers of the apocalypse. Very good.
    #FHP
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    afroannnie wrote:

immort.jpg

NICE!! I can't find the 120 anywhere!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Picked up another 120 IPA yesterday on my way home from work. It was one per customer and $10 but now I have one to drink and one to age. 2 of my local liquor stores that have tons of craft beer have facebook pages that they update with all the new arrivals. Very convenient way to keep their customers informed of their inventory without calling or driving around on a wild goose chase.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    edited March 2012
    81 wrote:
    Idiot buddy bought bud chelada today. That shit will be a sip and pour no doubt. Unbelievable to me anybody buys that shit
    Bud what?

It's bud light mixed with clamato which is tomato juice and clam broth and just for shits and giggles they throw in some lime too...can says "the perfect combination". I call bullshit
    And while he's running around buying that trash I'm ordering tasty Stone brews...me thinks I'm getting the shaft
    Post edited by Yellow Ledbelly on

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Bud what?

It's bud light mixed with clamato which is tomato juice and clam broth and just for shits and giggles they throw in some lime too...can says "the perfect combination". I call bullshit

sounds disgusting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • There's no way in hell it could have any redeeming qualities whatsoever. We will give it a try tonight. I've seen YouTube reviews before and it invariably caused immediate gagging. Like bud light isn't bad enough by itself

• shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

immort.jpg

They pulled the label approval on 120 in the state of TX after Sam had that incident with 1 batch... you can only get in on tap here now... and most of the places I've been either (a) don't realize this needs to be aged for some time before they tap it or (b) are sold out within hours of tapping the keg :cry:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

immort.jpg

They pulled the label approval in the state of TX... you can only get in on tap here now... and most of the places I've been either (a) don't realize this needs to be aged for some time before they tap it or (b) are sold out within hours of tapping the keg :cry:

That sucks :(
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    81 wrote:
    Bud what?

It's bud light mixed with clamato which is tomato juice and clam broth and just for shits and giggles they throw in some lime too...can says "the perfect combination".
    :sick::sick::sick:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Immort Ale...that's the stuff right there
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Yes it is! ;):D
    afroannnie wrote:

Its strong enough that whatever doesn't get drank can be used to strip varnish off a kitchen table
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    afroannnie wrote:

Its strong enough that whatever doesn't get drank can be used to strip varnish off a kitchen table
    i gotta try this stuff :lol:
    conman wrote:
    i gotta try this stuff :lol:

Last night, I drank an Immort ale after a 120 minute, so it didn't taste strong at all :lol:
  • Just had Abita pecan harvest for the first time...pretty damn good. Benefits from warming up considerably

• PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Yet another Stone to recommend:
    Vertical Epic 11.11.11
    WOW
    Even though I've imbibed a few months (9) earlier than designed, this is a tremendously amazing brew - the Anaheim Pepper finish makes a chile verde/taco/nacho/jalapeno eve that much more enjoyable!
    YUM
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Yet another Stone to recommend:
    Vertical Epic 11.11.11
    WOW
    Even though I've imbibed a few months (9) earlier than designed, this is a tremendously amazing brew - the Anaheim Pepper finish makes a chile verde/taco/nacho/jalapeno eve that much more enjoyable!
    YUM
    Glad to hear that as I have two bottles on the way now. Wish I had the other 11.

Followed up the pecan harvest with Abita turbodog (2nd tome) and it is very good. Much better than I originally thought.

Had some Nugget Nectar tonight over youngsters house. Its really really good. And I had a Long Trail Triple Bag and a Weihanstephaner. Just a quality classy trio of beers.